Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here (6352 Views)

Protest In Abuja For The Expulsion Of Saeed-Koozechi Iranian Ambassador / Video - Nnamdi Kanu Is A Rapist And Women Abuser - Ngozi Madu Reveals / Buhari To Rule Nigeria Is Like Asking A Rapist To Watch Over A Virgin – FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by mekuslogan: 3:14pm On Sep 18, 2009
U.S. Rejects Adeniran As Nigeria's Ambassador

*Cites Son's Rape Case In America
By Rafiu Ajakaye Foreign Editor, Lagos

Washington has rejected the appointment of Tunde Adeniran as Nigeria's Ambassador to the United States, nearly five weeks after his son, Adedamola, was arrested in Baltimore for gang rape.

News of the rejection broke on Thursday, two months after U.S. Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, visited Abuja and pledged a tough stance against the inconsistencies of Aso Rock functionaries.

Adedamola was arrested last month alongside two other Nigerians for the offence highly loathed in civilised societies, including the U.S, where sexual immorality costs Americans their political aspirations.

The arrest was reported on August 25.

Neither Adeniran nor Foreign Ministry officials could be reached for comment on Thursday.

He was appointed to replace Oluwole Olurotimi, whose racial row with Foreign Minister, Ojo Maduekwe, ended his sojourn in the U.S.

It was learnt on Thursday night that Washington has communicated its decision to Abuja.

Aso Rock sources said the decision puts the government in a quandary, and efforts are being made to see if the U.S. Government could be persuaded to rescind it.

The U.S. Embassy in Nigeria neither confirmed nor denied the rejection story.

But what is known is that police arrested Adedamola, 20, resident in Halethorpe, and others and charged them with gang raping three women in separate incidents that took place in the parking lot of Seton Keough High School in Southwest Baltimore.

The attacks occurred two weeks apart and shared similar characteristics.

Detectives determined the attackers' identities after the most recent victim remembered the tag number on the vehicle of one of the suspects.

Charged alongside Adedamola are Anthony Oisediamen Edoror Jr., 19, and Opeyemi Adigun, 20, both of Gwynn Oak.

Police responded at 6:45 a.m. on July 27 to Mercy Hospital, where two girls said they had been raped by three unknown males, according to charging documents posted online.

The girls narrated that they were walking on Fayette Street downtown when they were approached by two men. After a conversation, the men agreed to give them a ride.

But the ride quickly turned frightening, according to court records.

The driver got onto Interstate 95 South, and when one of the girls told the driver he was going the wrong way and asked to be let out, the man in the passenger seat told her to be quiet.

He brandished a hunting-style knife and threatened to "stab her up."

The men drove them to the 1200 block of S. Caton Avenue and parked in the rear of Seton Keough High, a private, all-girls Catholic school, where a second car pulled up.

One of the girls tried to run away but was caught by the hair and thrown to the ground.

The men then took turns raping them over the course of about an hour, according to charging documents.

Afterward, the men took one girl's shorts and both girls' purses, shoes, and cell phones, and left.

The victims flagged down a driver, who called police.

Police received another report of a rape on August 8 that shared the same characteristics of the first incident.

The victim in that case, a 26-year-old woman, said she was leaving The Block and asked for a ride home from two men she had spoken with earlier.

She was picked up at North Calvert and East Fayette Streets and said the men spoke in an African dialect to each other as they drove her to Southwest Baltimore.

She was taken to an area behind the high school, where she was dragged onto a field and raped, according to court records.

She collected two of the men's condoms and took down a tag number, which police traced to Edoror. The police report indicates that at least part of the incident was captured on the school's surveillance cameras.

Edoror, who was working at a Home Depot in Baltimore County when he was taken into custody, gave a full confession and identified his accomplices as Adigun and Adedamola.

He said in the August 8 incident, the men were looking for a prostitute to have sex with without paying and that the victim willingly went with them to have sex for money.

But he also acknowledged that they raped her after refusing to pay her.

After the suspects' identities were established, the women picked all three men out of photo arrays.

The suspects were arrested on August 13 and have been ordered held without bond.

A preliminary hearing was scheduled for September 15.

According to electronic court records, only Adedamola has a prior criminal record.

He was charged in Howard County with car theft, and in Baltimore County with identity theft and fraud. Both charges were thrown out by prosecutors.

Adeniran, a native of Ekiti State, was Nigeria's Ambassador to Germany under former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

He has a diplomatic experience spanning decades, including membership of the Nigerian delegation to the 40th Session of the United Nations in 1985.

He was Education Minister between 1999 and 2001.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by mekuslogan: 3:15pm On Sep 18, 2009
How can a man who sired a rapist represent his country? The senate who cleared him, even after the story of rape was broken, should all be fired

1 Like

Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Kobojunkie: 3:15pm On Sep 18, 2009
Source please!!

mekuslogan:

How can a man who sired a rapist represent his country? The senate who cleared him, even after the story of rape was broken, should all be fired

But he is representing Nigeria now. Do you expect a HOLY Man to represent Nigeria? grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by noetic2: 3:22pm On Sep 18, 2009
what difference does it make? another incompetent rogue would be sent to replace him.
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 18, 2009
hmmm.
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Sagamite(m): 3:40pm On Sep 18, 2009
mekuslogan:

Very rich moral stance from a country who's President (coincidentally the husband of the incumbent Foreign Secretary) was receiving frequent blow jobs at the presidential desk and lied about it.

Yet this President was not relieved of his job but yet a man is being relieved of his job for what HIS SON did.

Mekuslogan, can you explain this? One receives Mouth Action and committed perjury and continues in his role but another is sacked for someone else's alleged offence (not even convicted yet).

1 Like

Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 18, 2009
This is unfortunate.
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by vanitty: 3:53pm On Sep 18, 2009
Well it was to be expected.
I suppose they have proved without doubt that the son is indeed guilty.
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Kobojunkie: 3:55pm On Sep 18, 2009
That is just one account of the rape they committed in America. Imagine how many more rapes the very same could have been involved in back in Nigeria and how those women are likely living with the scars to this day with no hope for justice.
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by spoOne: 3:56pm On Sep 18, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Source please!!

But he is representing Nigeria now. Do you expect a HOLY Man to represent Nigeria? grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

http://allafrica.com/stories/200909180482.html
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Sagamite(m): 4:09pm On Sep 18, 2009
The elected embassador's other main "committed crime" is that he is a polygamist.

Rich from a country that would term it has "progressive" if a gay was elected embassador.
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Gamine(f): 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2009
Nigeria, never a dull moment.

How can this appointment be possible.
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2009
hmmm
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by ikeyman00(m): 4:25pm On Sep 18, 2009
[size=21pt]amodu[/size]

look here, u can see in the map below; ehhh; u messed up before, so cant u be allowed to take on super 419 eagles?

ehhu
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by mekuslogan: 4:29pm On Sep 18, 2009
http://saharareporters.com/index.php, news&Itemid=18

The Adenirans-Dammy and Prof. Tunde

Prof. Adeniran, who has made history by becoming the first Nigerian to be refused ambassadorial nomination by the United States, is now confronted by a challenge to his fatherhood of three boys by a man who claims to be the real father of the boys and has sent his claim to US authorities. The children are Damilola, Tosin and Laolu. As reported by Saharareporters recently, Damilola is the young Adeniran currently accused of rape by the police in Baltimore, Maryland.

Dr. M.O Oluwamukomi has accused Prof. Adeniran of “stealing his children” and relocating them to the US and changing their last names to his own. His letter sent to the US claims that “Adedamola Adeniran is not a biological son of Prof. Tunde Adeniran, rather, Dammy (as we know him in Nigeria) and his two other brothers: Oluwatosin and Olaoluwa are the sons of Dr. M.O Oluwamukomi, a lecturer in the Dept. of Food Science and Technology, Federal University of Tech., Akure, Ondo State.”

1 Share

Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by presido1: 4:30pm On Sep 18, 2009
In as much as itz not right to reject him on the account of what his son was charged of i think its nemesis that is pursuing them.
Karma is a BITCH. Steal peoples money to send ur kid to Obodo Oyibo. His mates from an average nigerian home goes to work after school hours his is busy driving around town with our money looking for gyls to molest.
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Kobojunkie: 4:31pm On Sep 18, 2009
Roflamo!!!!  grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy Now they are not his kids?? DRAMARAMA, that is Nigeria for you ooo!!!
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by back2back(f): 4:31pm On Sep 18, 2009
In as much as itz not right to reject him on the account of what his son was charged of i think its nemesis that is pursuing them.

since the boy is 20 and the father would be the one financing the education, then he could be liable.

otherwise, the boy is an adult and responsible for his own crime etc.

Come to think of it, you would have expected the father to steal enough money for the Boy to go after high-class prostitues.
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by bawomolo(m): 4:33pm On Sep 18, 2009
presido1:

Karma is a BITCH. Steal peoples money to send your kid to Obodo Oyibo. His mates from an average nigerian home goes to work after school hours his is busy driving around town with our money looking for gyls to molest.

ha ha
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by mekuslogan: 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2009
Sagamite:

Very rich moral stance from a country who's President (coincidentally the husband of the incumbent Foreign Secretary) was receiving frequent blow jobs at the presidential desk and lied about it.

Yet this President was not relieved of his job but yet a man is being relieved of his job for what HIS SON did.

Mekuslogan, can you explain this? One receives Mouth Action and committed perjury and continues in his role but another is sacked for someone else's alleged offence (not even convicted yet).

Nigeria needed not to have waited for USA to tell us the right thing. Adeniran had no business been cleared by the senate with such a case hanging over the son's head. Nigerian rulers are incompetent and conniving bastards.
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Sagamite(m): 4:49pm On Sep 18, 2009
Gamine:

Nigeria, never a dull moment.

How can this appointment be possible.

Why is the appointment not possible?
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by presido1: 4:50pm On Sep 18, 2009
mekuslogan:

http://saharareporters.com/index.php, news&Itemid=18

The Adenirans-Dammy and Prof. Tunde
Prof. Adeniran, who has made history by becoming the first Nigerian to be refused ambassadorial nomination by the United States, is now confronted by a challenge to his fatherhood of three boys by a man who claims to be the real father of the boys and has sent his claim to US authorities. The children are Damilola, Tosin and Laolu. As reported by Saharareporters recently, Damilola is the young Adeniran currently accused of rape by the police in Baltimore, Maryland.Dr. M.O Oluwamukomi has accused Prof. Adeniran of “stealing his children” and relocating them to the US and changing their last names to his own. His letter sent to the US claims that “Adedamola Adeniran is not a biological son of Prof. Tunde Adeniran, rather, Dammy (as we know him in Nigeria) and his two other brothers: Oluwatosin and Olaoluwa are the sons of Dr. M.O Oluwamukomi, a lecturer in the Dept. of Food Science and Technology, Federal University of Tech., Akure, Ondo State.”
All this claim and counter claim in a bid to remain as ambassador. Nigerians Nigerians.
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Sagamite(m): 4:52pm On Sep 18, 2009
mekuslogan:

Nigeria needed not to have waited for USA to tell us the right thing. Adeniran had no business been cleared by the senate with such a case hanging over the son's head. Nigerian rulers are incompetent and conniving bastards.

No 1, he was cleared by the Senate 5 months ago and the offence OF THE CHILD happened last month. So what is your point?

No 2, if he is competent at doing the job and is not coorupt but diligent, why punish him?
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Sagamite(m): 4:53pm On Sep 18, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Roflamo!!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy Now they are not his kids?? DRAMARAMA, that is Nigeria for you ooo!!!

What so funny?

This can not happen in the States?
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Sagamite(m): 4:58pm On Sep 18, 2009
presido1:

Karma is a BITCH. Steal peoples money to send your kid to Obodo Oyibo. His mates from an average nigerian home goes to work after school hours his is busy driving around town with our money looking for gyls to molest.

What record or insinuation do you have of him stealing? Is it just a conjecture based on the fact that he is an ambassador and his kids are based in the US?
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Kobojunkie: 5:00pm On Sep 18, 2009
Sagamite:

What so funny?

This can not happen in the States?

Dude, I ain't your problem here. Roflmao!!
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Sagamite(m): 5:10pm On Sep 18, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Dude, I ain't your problem here. Roflmao!!

I don't have problem. I am just querying the logic. As becomrich would say "you miss it".
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by posakosa(m): 5:11pm On Sep 18, 2009
I suspect the use of voodoo.
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Kobojunkie: 5:15pm On Sep 18, 2009
Dude, corruption happens everywhere is No reason for it to continue in Nigeria. In much the same way, that this, according to you, might happen also in America, is no reason why I would choose to change my focus here. You cited the Clinton example, yet you neglect the many other cases of diplomats, and elected politicians who were forced to resign as a result of one scandal or the other.

Anywho, you can choose to see this one as you want but I am actually for this. I don't think I would be electing a politician whose son is a serial killer or even a rapist any time soon. And I would not want such representing me. Matter of fact, I feel and believe such a person ought to busy himself trying to get his family the help it needs or something. And that is just me. Whether the boy is an adult or a minor, I don't see a difference.
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Sagamite(m): 5:31pm On Sep 18, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Dude, corruption happens everywhere is No reason for it to continue in Nigeria.

Huh??

Sorry? I don't get your point.

I am scratching my head and almost bleeding wondering why you are telling me this. Are you saying Adeniran is corrupt?

Kobojunkie:

In much the same way, that this, according to you, might happen also in America, is no reason why I would choose to change my focus here.

Mate, it happens everywhere AND WILL continue to happen except you crack down on civil liberties. So no need to disparage Nigeria like if it only happens in Nigeria.

Kobojunkie:

You cited the Clinton example, yet you neglect the many other cases of diplomats, and elected politicians who were forced to resign as a result of one scandal or the other.

You mean the cases of diplomats and elected politicians paying for crimes THEY commited?

Is this coming from a country that recently commissioned a national mourning day for a man that killed a woman whilst drunk-driving and still went on to achieve great things in public life (Ted Kennedy).

Kobojunkie:

Anywho, you can choose to see this one as you want but I am actually for this. I don't think I would be electing a politician whose son is a serial killer or even a rapist any time soon. And I would not want such representing me. Matter of fact, I feel and believe such a person ought to busy himself trying to get his family the help it needs or something. And that is just me. Whether the boy is an adult or a minor, I don't see a difference.

I don't give a toss about a lot of issues as long as the man is competent and diligent in his work and has/is NOT commited any crime/evil himself or assisted in commiting one or covered up one or is a likely risk in perverting the course of justice .
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by mekuslogan: 5:34pm On Sep 18, 2009
Sagamite:

No 1, he was cleared by the Senate 5 months ago and the offence OF THE CHILD happened last month. So what is your point?

No 2, if he is competent at doing the job and is not coorupt but diligent, why punish him?

Pardon me if he was cleared already before the incidence. But after the incidence his clearance should have been revoked immediately. Its that simple.
His incompetence is another story. We need to be reminded of what he did with the education ministry when he held sway. Much like the current incompetent buffoon minister
Re: Your Son Is A Rapist, You Cannot Be An Ambassador Here by Sagamite(m): 5:37pm On Sep 18, 2009
mekuslogan:

Pardon me if he was cleared already before the incidence. But after the incidence his clearance should have been revoked immediately. Its that simple.
His incompetence is another story. We need to be reminded of what he did with the education ministry when he held sway. Much like the current incompetent buffoon minister

Sorry? So you are willing to lose your job because of what your son did? Explain the logic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Twisted Logic Of IPOB Sympathizers / FFK: Up Till Now We Do Not Know His Name And We Have Not Seen A Picture Of Him. / Why Would Tinubu Bow To His Junior This Way - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.