Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,540 members, 7,808,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP (11531 Views)

Full List Of Elected PDP Officers At The National Convention 2017 / PDP Shuts Out Atiku From Voting At National Convention (leadership) / Buhari Should Call His Killer Fulani Men To Order Or.....- Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by Limitednow: 10:06pm On Jul 28, 2016
THE Leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) led by the Chairman of the National Caretaker Committee, Senator Ahmed Makarfi, CON has reacted to the Ruling of a Federal High Court in Abuja on Thursday July 28, 2016, presided over by the controversial Judge, Justice Okon Abang describing it as objectionable, questionable and very strange to say the least in the history of Nigeria Judiciary.

The Party in a statement by its Spokesman, Prince Dayo Adeyeye declared that what Justice Okon Abang did today is to Seat on an Appeal over the Court of competent and coordinate jurisdiction and that’s what makes his Interlocutory Order very strange. The Judgment of the Federal High Court in Port Harcourt was very clear that the National Caretaker Committee was duly constituted and recognized; and in line with that, the scheduled National Convention for August 17, 2016 still holds.

"We have just received information that Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court in Abuja has granted an Order of Interlocutory Injunction stopping our scheduled National Convention in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, but we want to state that the Judgment of the 4th of July, 2016 supersedes any Ex-Parte Order or Interlocutory Injunctions. So, our National Convention will hold as scheduled in Port Harcourt, Rivers State" Prince Adeyeye said.

Let Nigerians recall the two former Judgments before the Port Harcourt Judgment, declared that Senator Sheriff is not qualified to be a National Chairman given that the PDP Constitution 2014 which he claimed brought him to power is not in existence and therefore, null and void.

The PDP wants Nigerians to know that Justice Okon Abang is deliberately engaging in acts of derailing the Country’s democracy given the fact that his Court is not an Appeal Court that can set aside any Judgment. He has penchant for abuse of court processes and actions of legal impunity. This Judge Nigerians will recall, issued Judgment against the Governor of Abia State that led to INEC re-issuing another Certificate of Return to a man who did not contest election thereby causing unnecessary hardship on the people of that State. He also issued an Order to INEC to recognize Senator Sheriff’s candidates in Edo and Ondo states before they could even plan their purported congress in Edo.

In today’s Case, this same Judge out rightly denied the PDP representation in Court which is unheard of by serving the Plaintiff (Sheriff & Co.) who instituted the Case also as PDP (defendants). His excesses are extremely absurd, strange and unbecoming of a Judge who enjoys putting the Judiciary on the spot. We therefore bring this matter before the highest level of Judiciary in the Country to stop this Judge forthwith from waging war against the PDP.

We are equally calling on Nigerians and the international community to compel Nigeria Judiciary to address Justice Abang’s excesses before he kills our hard earned democracy.

However, the Party is law abiding and therefore, will apply for Stay of Execution of this Order and also Appeal it.

Finally, the Party calls on all its members and teaming supporters nationwide to remain calm and law abiding and be rest assured that the PDP National Convention will hold as scheduled and all preparation towards the August 17, 2016 National Convention remains the same.

http://.com/court-order-or-not-our-national-convention-will-still-hold-pdp/

6 Likes

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by StepTwo: 10:39pm On Jul 28, 2016
Na wao, was there no documentation on this Sheriff's interim appointment?

How come they (pdp) can't tender evidence in court to prove Sheriff's appointment only lasted for the acclaimed period?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by superstar1(m): 10:39pm On Jul 28, 2016
Just change your name to ''Confused People Undemocratic Bandits'' CPUB.

Karma is really dishing out a 3 course meal of the corrupt meal you dished out to Nigerians to you.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by cktheluckyman: 10:44pm On Jul 28, 2016
Nice reply.The convention will go on.I also think its high time the NJC applies the sledge hammer on the injustice okon abang.His infractions are becomming one too many.

27 Likes

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by Qmerit(m): 10:49pm On Jul 28, 2016
ok, we are watching.
Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by dullardeen(m): 11:07pm On Jul 28, 2016
Great response to Abangs stupidity!

15 Likes

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by otokx(m): 11:17pm On Jul 28, 2016
See as they are just finishing Rivers people money, let the Congress hold in Uyo or Calabar or Ekiti or better still Yenagoa.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by NextGovernor(m): 11:25pm On Jul 28, 2016
APC fully knows they can't fulfil 1% of there campaign promises and PDP might likely give them tough time next election. They are planning and cohorting all means to kill opposition. They are also afraid of upcoming Edo and Ondo elections.... I have never seen such a democratic rule like this under APC. EFCC and DSS will arrest, disobey court orders and nothing will happen, Executives doesn't respect the legislative and judiciary arms and judiciary court of the common man is been twisted to there own favour... The PDP we once claimed wasn't good didn't do all these ooooo..... And just 1 and half years in office all these are happening

To me, this is a Pseudo-Democratic regime.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by Flyingngel(m): 12:04am On Jul 29, 2016
Am ashame that this man is from my state. Hw could he b d only judge giving controversial Judgements. Now that some politicians are using his head to play ludo, he will not think twice. I knw what brought all this nonsense, may b he has been promise elevation to d Court of Appeal.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by Nobody: 12:15am On Jul 29, 2016
Flyingngel:
Am ashame that this man is from my state. Hw could he b d only judge giving controversial Judgements. Now that some politicians are using his head to play ludo, he will not think twice. I knw what brought all this nonsense, may b he has been promise elevation to d Court of Appeal.
He's not qualified for such elevation.

7 Likes

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by cktheluckyman: 5:27am On Jul 29, 2016
StepTwo:

How come they (pdp) can't tender evidence in court to prove Sheriff's appointment only lasted for the acclaimed period?
We have gone past that already two FHCs in Abuja and Lagos has already nullified sherriff's election. If he wants to reverse it he can appeal.

3 Likes

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by DONSMITH123(m): 7:48am On Jul 29, 2016
PDP sha......
Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 29, 2016
Good

Hey guys I've updated It. Please get it on my signature
Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by veekid(m): 7:49am On Jul 29, 2016
Na your chops
Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by herzern(m): 7:49am On Jul 29, 2016
NextGovernor:
APC fully knows they can't fulfil 1% of there campaign promises and PDP might likely give them tough time next election. They are planning and cohorting all means to kill opposition. They are also afraid of upcoming Edo and Ondo elections.... I have never seen such a democratic rule like this under APC. EFCC and DSS will arrest, disobey court orders and nothing will happen, Executives doesn't respect the legislative and judiciary arms and judiciary court of the common man is been twisted to there own favour... The PDP we once claimed wasn't good didn't do all these ooooo..... And just 1 and half years in office all these are happening

4 Likes

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by koboko69: 7:49am On Jul 29, 2016
Is the killer party trying to do what they have been accusing APC of even when it was all propaganda?
Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by kgr8mike(m): 7:49am On Jul 29, 2016
Believe me the career of this Okon Abang has finally nosedived. Unfortunately also his place in history will remain controversial. I don't think his name will be numbered in the book of Nigerian legal heroes.

Okon Abang you have murdered justice, and you know what?

The blood of justice cries in the field.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by Yian1(m): 7:50am On Jul 29, 2016
PDP, your stubbornness for looting no get master grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by ITbomb(m): 7:50am On Jul 29, 2016
I just dont understand what is wrong with Abang, the judiciary had earlier warned about court ruling in matters that had already been handled by a contemporary court.

After any of the high Court had ruled, the only valid judgment should be that of an Appeal court. The Chief Justice said something about this earlier, I hope the judicial council can step into this matter

4 Likes

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by johnstar(m): 7:51am On Jul 29, 2016
undecided
Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by emmasege: 7:52am On Jul 29, 2016
APC is very much afraid of PDP comeback. The only political party that comes so close to democracy in Nigeria can't be cowed and sent into extinction by Buhari's anti-democratic forces which have now spread to the judiciary.

Nigeria is like a wife who don marry two husbands in sequence. Now she knows that the former 'devil' is by far better than the latter. Abi no be man wey put food on a woman's table be better husband?

9 Likes

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by lisimmo(m): 7:52am On Jul 29, 2016
PDP is dead. Why hold a convention when the party is over?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by LMAyedun(m): 7:52am On Jul 29, 2016
Some people won't like this News.
We need a vibrant opposition to keep this clueless Gov't on its toes.

8 Likes

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by damton(m): 7:52am On Jul 29, 2016
PDP is just an agglomeration of clowns who knows neither the right nor left, perhaps, the hangover of their last defeat still hovers above them.

for a party who is serious in dislodging the ruling government would have sought means to resolve the issue amicably out of court.

After all, most politicians are largely concerned about their narrow parochial interest, who cares the common good of the party.

The unfortunate side is that Nigerians would be denied the opportunity of choosing candidate between too competitive parties, thereby, leaving the election to a one-party race.

I just hope they get their acts together before it's too late.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by Zakkyoz: 7:54am On Jul 29, 2016
I have no pity for PDP. This is just a rip off of their mismanagement and recklessness of 16 years reign of impunity in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by BE811APP: 7:56am On Jul 29, 2016
Lawyers and Judges.. very confused in dis Buhari's Era angry

PDP put ur house in order..

Only in african setting.. everyone wants to be a leader..

Cant someone sacrifice his ambition for the good of d party
Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by ALAYORMII: 7:57am On Jul 29, 2016
Politicians and disregard for court

They know nothing will happen if they disregard the court order

Our courts too are becoming agents of confusion
Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by dotcomnamename: 7:58am On Jul 29, 2016
StepTwo:

[size=15pt]Exactly my thought.

If na APC talk this, heeeeeyyyy the mumu wailers go begin dey shout APC & Buhari are Dictators cos dem no obey court order. Smh [/size]
Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by dotcomnamename: 7:59am On Jul 29, 2016
NextGovernor:

1 Like

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by Basilsekav(m): 7:59am On Jul 29, 2016
so are you guys telling me now that PDP no longer adhere to court rulings? Had it been it's Buhari or Efcc you guys could have said it's impunity to ignore court ruling. Anyway how market?

1 Like

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by mrphysics(m): 8:01am On Jul 29, 2016
PDP accused buhari of going against court rulings, are they planning to do same??

Justice Okon Abang is doing the right thing. We must set things right and it's now.

I don't even know why some youths come in here to defend the very people that kept us where we are today. If they have no confidence on Justice Okon Abang, why then did they have a lawyer and even go to the extent of making several prayers and even defending themselves. when judgement didn't favour them, they call Okon Abang names.

1 Like

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by MadamExcellency: 8:02am On Jul 29, 2016
The convention holds. It is allowed in a democracy to chose and obey the judgement that favours your course when Judiciary decides to misbehave by delivering conflicting judgments in different courts of coordinate jurisdictions.

The Registrar FHC should learn how not to duplicate cases. Until Appeal Court gives its verdict to set aside these conflicting judgements, the convention holds.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19: Fayemi Asks FG To Help Out States Financially / Malami, APC, Others Differ On Electoral Act Amendment / Lagos Gives Okada Riders Fresh Ultimatum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.