Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,881 members, 7,806,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence (2502 Views)

13 Things You Need To Teach Your “girl Child” At An Early Age / This Family’s 10 Years Wedding Anniversary Photos Are Going Viral / My brother is driving me nut - How Should I Handle This Family Issue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by Rayloverscrib: 7:33am On Jul 29, 2016
A mother was heavily criticized by social media users after she shared this pic of her young daughter on her instagram page.

Most people said that the shorts is too short for a girl of this age...but she refused to take it down saying only pervs see anything other than a young girl in nice clothes.

So wrong...tomorrow they will complain when their kids are raped or get pregnant at a tender age under their roof.

"Some of the challenges we are facing as a country today is because we have lost our family values.

"We have neglected our children for too long, that is why they sometimes rebel. I believe that God is not happy with us as mothers because we indulge our children too much." -First Lady Akpabio

What do you think?

Source: http://myeventsnap.com/2016/07/29/why-should-her-mother-teach-her-girl-child-this/

2 Likes

Re: Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by stylochime: 7:47am On Jul 29, 2016
Warris dis? :O

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by Rayloverscrib: 7:49am On Jul 29, 2016
That's how far some mothers can go.
Re: Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by ChappyChase: 7:50am On Jul 29, 2016
This so wrong nau...

Re: Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by AlienStar: 7:50am On Jul 29, 2016
They will tell you it's civilization evilization.
Re: Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 29, 2016
These shorts are nothing shorter for a girl this age. We used to go butt naked, swimming with boys and few elders around us and nothing would happen and this was during the mid nineties.

Problem is society has turned violent such that little girls are not even allowed to enjoy their innocence. Bad! There are men who feel they have been lured into raping, lured by a teenager this size. Stupid

Unfortunately, society has a tendency of blaming the victim.

6 Likes

Re: Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by Rayloverscrib: 7:58am On Jul 29, 2016
AlienStar:

Unfortunately, they are the ones who will suffer it.
Re: Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by Rayloverscrib: 8:01am On Jul 29, 2016
jagugu88li:
These shorts are nothing shorter for a girl this age. We used to go butt naked, swimming with boys and few elders around us and nothing would happen and this was during the mid nineties.

Problem is society has turned violent such little girls are not even allowed to no enjoy their innocence. Bad! There are men who feel they have been lured into raping, lured by teenager this size. Stupid

Unfortunately society has a tendency of blaming the victim.

Truth be told. It's bad. The society can be better if the women folk cover what should be covered.

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by Rayloverscrib: 8:03am On Jul 29, 2016
AlienStar:

Hmmm, if the family is corrupt, the whole society is corrupt. A lady has seen the light of the point. Thank u.
Re: Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 29, 2016
jagugu88li:

Problem is society has turned violent such that little girls are not even allowed to enjoy their innocence. Bad! There are men who feel they have been lured into raping, lured by a teenager this size. Stupid

i don't still think that cloth is ok for that girl ma! undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 29, 2016
Rayloverscrib:

Truth be told. It's bad. The society can be better if the women folk cover what should be covered.

JESUSBOIY:
i don't still think that cloth is ok for that girl ma! undecided undecided undecided

This is a child, not even worthy of being referred to as women folk yet. It is society, or should I say men that need to fix their heads. Imagine a girl not even 10 years being told to cover up. Cover what?

These kids jump around in the streets playing whatever they play, with under garments showing. Are you then saying their under garments must not show when they are playing? It's a child, come now

2 Likes

Re: Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by AlienStar: 8:10am On Jul 29, 2016
Yeah, buh then it's already late.
Rayloverscrib:

Unfortunately, they are the ones who will suffer it.
Re: Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by Rayloverscrib: 8:11am On Jul 29, 2016
NOTE

This is the point.

Men: Ladies should understand that what they wear matters to us.

Women: It doesn't matter what we wear, any man that falls because of what he sees doesn't have self control.

My view is: Ladies should understand that all men are not the same. I might not fall, someone else may. So ladies should be mindful of what they wear. Cover what you should cover.
Re: Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by AlienStar: 8:15am On Jul 29, 2016
Proverbs 22:6 Train a child in a right path so that when he grows up he won't depart from it.

Modest dressing is one of them
jagugu88li:

This is a child, not even worthy of being referred to as women folk yet. It is society, or should I say men that need to fix their heads. Imagine a girl not even 10 years being told to cover up. Cover what?

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by Rayloverscrib: 8:15am On Jul 29, 2016
jagugu88li:

You see, you don't get the point, proper upbringing of a child starts from when he or she is a baby.

An African proverb says, "you can't coil a dry fish, you do that when it's fresh. Doing that when it's dried, it will break it.
Re: Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 29, 2016
jagugu88li:

Right on point
I dont see anything wrong here..

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 29, 2016
AlienStar:
Proverbs 22:6 Train a child in a right path so that when he grows up he won't depart from it.

Modest dressing is one of them

Rayloverscrib:

You see, you don't get the point, proper upbringing of a child starts from when he or she is a baby.
An African proverb says, "you can't coil a dry fish, you do that when it's fresh. Doing that when it's dried, it will break it.

Trust me, I get you. My question is when and where exactly do they express their innocence? And then you hear people yelling nonsense about konji having no boundaries. Stupid

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by Rayloverscrib: 8:22am On Jul 29, 2016
Mafizo:

Right on point
I dont see anything wrong here..

I like the way u chip man. Probably u haven't seen. I pray ur eyes open to see what is being seen here.

Train up a child the way he should go... He will bring honor or disgrace to you depending on how u train him.

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by AlienStar: 8:23am On Jul 29, 2016
Yeah dazzit!
you are welcome.
Rayloverscrib:

Hmmm, if the family is corrupt, the whole society is corrupt. A lady has seen the light of the point. Thank u.
Re: Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by Rayloverscrib: 8:26am On Jul 29, 2016
jagugu88li:

Trust me, I get you. My question is when and where exactly do they express their innocence?

C'mon, what innocence are u talking about? I bet u, if she knows the repercussion of the way she's being brought up, she will curse her mum.

Now, the brain is blank, that's the innocence u tryna point out here ryt? So then, the big question, what's the mum writing on that bank sheet of paper?

Start well and end well. Start bad and end worse.

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by stylochime: 8:27am On Jul 29, 2016
jagugu88li:

These kids jump around in the streets playing whatever they play, with under garments showing. Are you then saying their under garments must not show when they are playing? It's a child, come now
So Of Course Let Her Kip Were Such Skimpy Clothes Now Developin D Mindset Dat Such Clothes Ar Ok 2 B Worn Around, And Whn She Grows Olda U Wil Den Bash Her?
Re: Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by Rayloverscrib: 8:32am On Jul 29, 2016
stylochime:

So Of Course Let Her Kip Were Such Skimpy Clothes Now Developin D Mindset Dat Such Clothes Ar Ok 2 B Worn Around, And Whn She Grows Olda U Wil Den Bash Her?

I dunno why this lady is not seeing the point. That makes me sad. But I hope she sees someday as becoming a mother.

Please, do make ur kids proud by teaching them good morals. Even at tender age. Please, get it.

I'm talking to Jagugu88li
Re: Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 29, 2016
Rayloverscrib:

C'mon, what innocence are u talking about? I bet u, if she knows the repercussion of the way she's being brought up, she will curse her mum.

Now, the brain is blank, that's the innocence u tryna point out here ryt? So then, the big question, what's the mum writing on that bank sheet of paper?

Start well and end well. Start bad and end worse.

Good thing we both not trying to convince the other.

There are certain stages to life. First you learn to brush your teeth and tie your shoes, write your name and know colours. People will be talking about you in your presence and you still wont understand that the conversation is about you. This is where this child is at at the moment.

Time will come and she will be told about proper dressing. As of now, I disagree totally. Maybe you will say early grooming, no no. What she knows so far is enough
Re: Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by Rayloverscrib: 8:43am On Jul 29, 2016
jagugu88li:

Good thing we both not trying to convince the other.

There are certain stages to life. First you learn to brush your teeth and tie your shoes, write your name and know colours. People will be talking about you in your presence and you still wont understand that the conversation is about you. This is where this child is at at the moment.

Time will come and she will be told about proper dressing. As of now, I disagree totally. Maybe you will say early grooming, no no. What she knows so far is enough

Well, your point is good enough for you based on family, location, scope of child training.

But

For me, I ain't gonna start that late, at a very tender age, the journey to an acceptable way of life in the society begins.
Re: Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 29, 2016
Rayloverscrib:

Well, your point is good enough for you based on family, location, scope of child training.

But

For me, I ain't gonna start that late, at a very tender age, the journey to an acceptable way of life in the society begins.

We come from different cultures. We still go semi unclad at my age ( early 20s) and that is very much celebrated in my culture. We even show breast and no one sees fault. So yes, family and location play much here.
Re: Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by AlienStar: 9:17am On Jul 29, 2016
Express their innocence?
jagugu88li:

Trust me, I get you. My question is when and where exactly do they express their innocence? And then you hear people yelling nonsense about konji having no boundaries. Stupid
Re: Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 29, 2016
AlienStar:
Express their innocence?

Let it be
Re: Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by AlienStar: 10:12am On Jul 29, 2016
Ok.
jagugu88li:

Let it be
Re: Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by dacovajnr: 11:29am On Jul 29, 2016
If this girl becomes the most Sought after Olosho in future ..Hold her Momma Responsible.but before then let's see Her Mother's appearance undecided
Re: Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by Rayloverscrib: 1:42pm On Jul 29, 2016
dacovajnr:
If this girl becomes the most Sought after Olosho in future ..Hold her Momma Responsible.but before then let's see Her Mother's appearance undecided

Lol, like mother like dota. cry cry cry
Re: Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by Neverquit(f): 11:22pm On Jul 29, 2016
lipsrsealed

Parental methods differ from one family to the other.

Personally, everything is wrong with the child. The mother is trying too hard to turn her into an adult:
1) A child that young should have nothing to do with using attachment to do braids that tiny.
2) That shorts (and i use the word loosely...looks more like underwear) is highly inappropriate to wear out in public (or to take pictures and post)...by any age bracket.

No matter how much you want to agree or disagree; you are addressed the way you dress.

Train up your child in the way s/he should go, and when s/he's grown, s/he won't depart from it.

Decent dressing habit starts from early childhood.

Anyway, na her child. She should be ready to bear any consequences that might result from her actions or inaction.

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Mother Teach Her Girl Child This? Family Indulgence by keishablack(f): 7:05pm On Jul 30, 2016
Even a white LovePeddler won't let her kid dress like this. Naija and too much copy copy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Lagos Man Will Tell You When You Ask Him If He Is Married / We Will Pay Your Rent / I'm In big Debt, Depressed, Addicted To Drugs And Feel Like Committing Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.