Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? (1956 Views)

Dealing With Unromantic Guys / Unromantic Gestures From My Boss / Whats ''UNROMANTIC'' About You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by sweetpie23: 5:40pm On Sep 18, 2009
call me whatever but I think African men are really unromantic. 95% are unromantic undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by SirWelly: 5:56pm On Sep 18, 2009
How did you come out with this analysis? I don't believe that is a reality.
Re: Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 18, 2009
I think we think they are unromantic because we girls have watched too many romantic movies and have read so many romantic novels and these guys cant match up with these nearly perfect fantasy men.
Re: Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by solidgold(m): 6:32pm On Sep 18, 2009
thats silly, u just havent met the right one, are u romantic?
Re: Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by henryhemon(m): 6:36pm On Sep 18, 2009
sorry if you boyfren is unromantic then that isn't the reason you should vent your anger on us.you can you define being romantic?maybe when he buys you a private jet thats when he will be romantic.
Re: Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by Krayola(m): 6:41pm On Sep 18, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

I think we think they are unromantic because we girls have watched too many romantic movies and have read so many romantic novels and these guys cant match up with these nearly perfect fantasy men.

Thank u jare, my sista. I support ur motion!!
Re: Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by solidgold(m): 6:45pm On Sep 18, 2009
@ henry hemon, nice one
na limo go make the guy romantic
Re: Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by hollandis(f): 6:46pm On Sep 18, 2009
Being romantic is being weak.Let all the romance emanate from the girls abegiiiiiiiiiiii
Re: Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by charles316: 6:52pm On Sep 18, 2009
sweetpie23:

call me whatever but I think African men are really unromantic. 95% are unromantic undecided undecided undecided undecided

yeah african men are so unromantic cos african ladies are so money conscious.
Re: Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 18, 2009
she is right but cannot prove dat statistics, african women are equally not romantic. i  guess its because of d nature of africa. but me, i am among d most romantic man in africa
Re: Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by chikeorji123(m): 10:39pm On Sep 18, 2009
Romantic ke?.how can we be romantic why our ladies are money concious
Re: Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by Jahsista(f): 10:44pm On Sep 18, 2009
not all blkman ar unromantic c ur keep bumpn into those "unromantic"brothaz So u thnk they all da same u need ta get yaself a real man!
Re: Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by Tsiya(m): 10:54pm On Sep 18, 2009
what do you mean by romantic?

Do you mean going to a bar, getting drunk?

Or do you mean what you read and watch on television?

These are fairy tales. It doesn't happened in real life.

What can you say about the broken marriages and single mothers in the western world? Is it all part of romance?

Generalisation base on few assumptions is wrong. Most African are realistic. Giving a flower to a girl doesn't mean anything. It is just a plant, to us it doesn't define romance. Romance is dedication to the need of a woman.
Re: Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 18, 2009
Tsiya:

what do you mean by romantic?

Do you mean going to a bar, getting drunk?

Or do you mean what you read and watch on television?

These are fairy tales. It doesn't happened in real life.

What can you say about the broken marriages and single mothers in the western world? Is it all part of romance?

Generalisation base on few assumptions is wrong. Most African are realistic. Giving a flower to a girl doesn't mean anything. It is just a plant, to us it doesn't define romance. Romance is dedication to the need of a woman.
what's this got to do with being romantic? cheesy
Re: Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by posakosa(m): 11:32pm On Sep 18, 2009
Your post should say SOME.

and I agree with what some else already said, stop reading too many romance novels.
Re: Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 18, 2009
95% of african men aren't romantic.So you've dated all almost 9million men.Pls when one idiot disappoints you don't come here with one stupid statistic and claim that all men are like your kiddo boyfriends.Also lay of those romantic books i'll be damned wearing a shiny armour riding a horse now that Gay.
Re: Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by TheSeeker(m): 11:46pm On Sep 18, 2009
We would have been romantic if the weather was friendly and we'd look at the stars at night under a tree. Try it in Naija and see what will happen to you under that tree . . . . if snake no go design your head and draw map of Africa on your chest grin grin

Honestly, you could have done a slightly good job by first of all, defining what being 'romantic' means to you, and you can see if your statistic fits in. And just how many westerners are romantic?! Abeg!!
Re: Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by xqwysyte(f): 11:55pm On Sep 18, 2009
I agree with the poster
Re: Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by Nobody: 12:01am On Sep 19, 2009
Mills and Booms die you Son of a Bit<h.
Re: Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by KennyG6(m): 12:03am On Sep 19, 2009
na una sabi! men are unromantic, they are tight they are this they are that! Like african women are perfect themselves! The oyibos who are the standard of romanticsm we know what becomes of their women dont we?
Just appreciate the african man for what he is and stop harping on his so called weaknesses
Re: Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by TOPE20001(f): 12:26am On Sep 19, 2009
Kenny_G:

na una sabi! men are unromantic, they are tight they are this they are that! Like african women are perfect themselves! The oyibos who are the standard of romanticsm we know what becomes of their women dont we?
Just appreciate the african man for what he is and stop harping on his so called weaknesses

lol, see them defending grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by KennyG6(m): 12:28am On Sep 19, 2009
defending wat oh?
Re: Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by TOPE20001(f): 12:35am On Sep 19, 2009
defending why youse lot are not romantic grin
Re: Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by KennyG6(m): 12:39am On Sep 19, 2009
isnt that a generalisation? and in any case what may be romantic to you may not be to another. I think in general african men can be romantic, and just because some dont fancy all these holding of hands stuff doesnt make him stoic. And like i said, ive lived with many a white folk who do all these romantic stuff and still treat their women like shit!
Re: Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by TOPE20001(f): 12:43am On Sep 19, 2009
Kenny_G:

isnt that a generalisation? and in any case what may be romantic to you may not be to another. I think in general african men can be romantic, and just because some dont fancy all these holding of hands stuff doesnt make him stoic.

Lol . . .ok maybe the poster is generalising but most naija men arent romantic and being romantic has got nothing to do with holding hands abeg grin even tho most naija men still find it difficult to do. its like u lot have something to hide, i dont know undecided cheesy i have dated unromanntic guy b4 so i kinda understand where the poster is coming from. wink

And like i said, ive lived with many a white folk who do all these romantic stuff and still treat their women like shit!

True that
Re: Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by Nobody: 1:24am On Sep 19, 2009
Depends on what romance means to you.
Re: Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by kayc33(m): 1:36am On Sep 19, 2009
sorry poster
you've been meeting the wrong ones
Re: Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by Princek12(m): 3:11am On Sep 19, 2009
The African men are not romantic because out of the 95% of the African men who you say are not romantic, 100% of them are probably old and ugly and local, and you chose them because they paid your rent or take you shopping. If that's the type of men you pick, then that is what you will get.
Re: Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by TheSeeker(m): 3:40am On Sep 19, 2009
TOPE2000!:

Lol . . .ok maybe the poster is generalising but most naija men arent romantic and being romantic has got nothing to do with holding hands abeg grin even tho most naija men still find it difficult to do. its like u lot have something to hide, i dont know undecided cheesy i have dated unromanntic guy b4 so i kinda understand where the poster is coming from. wink

True that
Give me five examples of what you can call romance wink
Re: Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by sexyLeamon(f): 4:27am On Sep 19, 2009
now African men are even romantic, I wonder how they were doing the 50s lol grin
Re: Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by chic2pimp(m): 5:02am On Sep 19, 2009
*Peeps in* Nonsense thread *Peeps out*
Re: Why Is It That African Men Are So Unromantic? by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 19, 2009
african men a unromantic simply because wheneva they try to be romantic, the mostly ever hear the pharse

" na love i go chop?"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys: How Do You Like Your Girl To Look? Please Answer? / Is It A Curse? / What Women Really Are.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.