Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,576 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

How I Got Duped In A Bank - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Got Duped In A Bank (669 Views)

How This Notorious Scammer Duped Unsuspecting Ladies With Marriage Scam. Photos / My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? / Men Who Photocopied Naira Notes In Rivers State Arrested In A Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Got Duped In A Bank by stano2(m): 9:01am On Jul 29, 2016
I had a bitter experience yesterday at a GTB BANK in Owerri and I wish to share it on this forum.

I went to the above mentioned bank to make a deposit of 47thousand naira in 1000naira notes domination all through for my mum, as I was filling my deposit slip a guy beside me who had like upto 200thousand naira in 500naira notes denomination kept on the table asked me to help him out with my 1000naira notes in exchange with the equivalent in 500naira denomination with an excuse that the money he had in 500naira notes denomination was too much for him to carry that people might think he was having so much on him and come after him while going.

So I agreed, he counted 47thousand naira in 500naira notes denomination and gave me, i also gave him my 47thousand naira notes in 1000naira denomination as well for him to count. After counting the money he gave me it was short of 1thousand, 46k instead of 47k. I told him, he collected it back to recount and counted again in my presence as I watched and agreed with me that it was short of 1k, so brought out two 500 naira notes added to the money and gave me, as I positioned my hand to count the money again he said thank you and started leaving and me not suspecting continued counting and at the end counted just 32thousand naira(the money was now short of 15k) I didn't believe my eyes I counted it 3times and went after him but that was the end he was gone already.
Losing such an amount belonging to my mum in this harsh economy really saddens my heart and I am already feeling the heat . This is my first time to have such experience and I have really learned from it.

To all reading this, whenever you get to a bank just do the transaction you came to carry out and don't listen to anyone that comes up with such excuse. This is not about how smart you are, u can fall for a cheaper scam tomorrow. Everybody should be on alert these days.

To the scammers or maybe the particular guy that scam me, i wonder how happy you are when scaming people off their sweat, it could be someone school fees, it could be someone medical bill about to be paid or the only money a family wants to feed with. It is still not late to change your ways, you might end up being the next to be burnt under a tyre or rotin in jail, things you do could make your victims end up having suicidal thoughts.CHANGE FROM YOUR WAYS.

I know his face and can identify him tomorrow even with a face cap on..Let me stop here.
MOD try and put this on front-page
Re: How I Got Duped In A Bank by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:04am On Jul 29, 2016
cool cool cool shine ur eye wella next time bro
Re: How I Got Duped In A Bank by stano2(m): 9:11am On Jul 29, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
cool cool cool shine ur eye wella next time bro
yes I will. Experience is the best teacher.
Re: How I Got Duped In A Bank by sunnydayasaba(m): 9:12am On Jul 29, 2016
Owerri has really turned to something else now. Criminal have found their comfort zone in Owerri using the Banks.

If your is Owerri, Shine ur eyes when u visit any Bank.
Re: How I Got Duped In A Bank by Young03(m): 9:18am On Jul 29, 2016
U for tell those security men in the bank
them no get CCTV ni
Re: How I Got Duped In A Bank by FeedbackNigeria: 9:39am On Jul 29, 2016
stano2:
I had a bitter experience yesterday at a GTB BANK in Owerri and I wish to share it on this forum.

I went to the above mentioned bank to make a deposit of 47thousand naira in 1000naira notes domination all through for my mum, as I was filling my deposit slip a guy beside me who had like upto 200thousand naira in 500naira notes denomination kept on the table asked me to help him out with my 1000naira notes in exchange with the equivalent in 500naira denomination with an excuse that the money he had in 500naira notes denomination was too much for him to carry that people might think he was having so much on him and come after him while going.

So I agreed, he counted 47thousand naira in 500naira notes denomination and gave me, i also gave him my 47thousand naira notes in 1000naira denomination as well for him to count. After counting the money he gave me it was short of 1thousand, 46k instead of 47k. I told him, he collected it back to recount and counted again in my presence as I watched and agreed with me that it was short of 1k, so brought out two 500 naira notes added to the money and gave me, as I positioned my hand to count the money again he said thank you and started leaving and me not suspecting continued counting and at the end counted just 32thousand naira(the money was now short of 15k) I didn't believe my eyes I counted it 3times and went after him but that was the end he was gone already.
Losing such an amount belonging to my mum in this harsh economy really saddens my heart and I am already feeling the heat . This is my first time to have such experience and I have really learned from it.

To all reading this, whenever you get to a bank just do the transaction you came to carry out and don't listen to anyone that comes up with such excuse. This is not about how smart you are, u can fall for a cheaper scam tomorrow. Everybody should be on alert these days.

To the scammers or maybe the particular guy that scam me, i wonder how happy you are when scaming people off their sweat, it could be someone school fees, it could be someone medical bill about to be paid or the only money a family wants to feed with. It is still not late to change your ways, you might end up being the next to be burnt under a tyre or rotin in jail, things you do could make your victims end up having suicidal thoughts.CHANGE FROM YOUR WAYS.

I know his face and can identify him tomorrow even with a face cap on..Let me stop here.
MOD try and put this on front-page
Bro, sorry about your situation. You can also post this on feedback dot com dot ng to report the scam and give it more visibility. The exact same thing happened to me about 5 years ago in Lagos, around Allen Avenue when I went to change dollars to Naira -- their modus operandi is to give you money that is N1,000 short, then when you complain about the shortage, they'll collect the money and recount it in front of you, and then add the missing 1k, but while returning the 'complete' money to you they have a very clever way of removing out of it in a way that you will hardly notice, and then they disappear. I didn't realize I had been scammed until I got to the bank to deposit the cash. Needless to say that it was a very painful and terrible experience because they scammed me of over 60k at a time I was very broke and needed that money. Bros, you need to spread the word to other Nigerians so that they won't also fall victim. I was so pained that I went back there again later and actually observed how they carried out the scam because initially I assumed they used jazz on me [lol]. Even if you don't hit frontpage, Feedback Nigeria can still help you get more visibility. Take care bro, and all the best.

(1) (Reply)

Man Cuts Off Wife’s Hand Over Alleged Adultery In Abia / Thief Caught While Trying To Rob A Female Student At Osun State University, Osog / Boko Haram Releases Video Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls, Asks For Prisoners Exchange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.