Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo (15743 Views)

Stephanie Linus Stuns In Yellow Outfit For Movie Screening In Ghana / Stephanie Linus Arrives Italy To Advocate Against Human Trafficking / Genevieve Nnaji With Stephanie Linus And Son, Maxwell At His 1st Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo by metronaija2: 12:02pm On Jul 29, 2016
Ahead of the upcoming September governorship elections in Edo state, star actress Stephanie Linus, has once again reaffirmed her commitment to fighting violence against women in elections.

The Stop Violence Against Women In Elections (Stop VAWIE) Ambassador made her commitment at the Stop VAWIE campaign launch in Edo state recently where she encouraged women to participate actively in the electoral process and speak out when they are being marginalized.

The event was organized by the International Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA) in partnership with the National Democratic Institute (NDI) and the African Women Empowerment Guild (AWEG). Some of the dignitaries who attended include Hon. Justice Cromwell .O. Idahosa, the Chief Judge of Edo State; Hon. Henry Idahagbon, Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Edo State; Jasper Veen, NDI Country Director and Iyom Josephine Anenih, Former Minister of Women Affairs.

Speaking at the event, Mrs Linus called on women and all citizens of Edo state to eschew all forms of violence that will affect women in the electoral process. She maintained that all violence against women is wrong and must be stopped. “Violence that results in the exclusion or under-representation of women, or denies women the representative of their choice inherently undermines what democracy really stands for.”

The Campaign Launch also coincided with the flag off of the "Vote Not Fight: Election No Be War" and the "Leave No One Behind: Disability Votes Count" initiatives for the Edo State elections.

The Stop Violence against Women in Elections (Stop VAWIE) campaign encourages women and all other citizens of Edo state to eschew all forms of violence that will affect women in the electoral process and also recognizes that this can increase the participation of women in the political process. This is the best way to advocate for change. The campaign is focused on Nigerian women and upholds the belief that democracy without women is impossible. By informing all women in Edo state about their civic rights and responsibilities in the upcoming September 10, 2016 governorship elections, the campaign inspires women to make active and positive impact to the elections and to politics in general.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/07/photos-actress-stephanie-linus-campaign.html

1 Share

Re: Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo by metronaija2: 12:03pm On Jul 29, 2016

Re: Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo by funnynation(m): 12:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
nice one
Re: Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo by madridguy(m): 12:06pm On Jul 29, 2016
Nice one Stephanie. Meanwhile, who will fight for men? I just hope both the men and women of Edo will maintain peace during and after election. No politician deserves your blood, both the APC/PDP.

Make our common sense guide us.

6 Likes

Re: Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo by uhalauju(f): 12:35pm On Jul 29, 2016
I jst love dis lady

4 Likes

Re: Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo by Iscoalarcon: 2:54pm On Jul 29, 2016
Isco Disco
Re: Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 29, 2016
Imagine a mumu mod banning me 4rm NL. A day will come when i will find one of those mod on the street, that day go hot die!

2 Likes

Re: Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 29, 2016
Teensway:
Imagine a mumu mod banning me 4rm NL. A day will come when i will find one of those mod on the street, that day go hot die!

Lol. Cool your temper with my posts

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo by Cherishing(f): 2:58pm On Jul 29, 2016
Nwa anyI ji eme-onu world wide
Re: Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 29, 2016
Elijahrona2:

Lol. Cool your temper with my posts
wat posts?
Re: Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo by Cherishing(f): 2:59pm On Jul 29, 2016
Teensway:
grin
What if she happens to be one of those hot asSs chikala for ya street, hope say no be to rape you go de think of
Re: Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo by mayama(m): 3:00pm On Jul 29, 2016
Beautiful girl
Re: Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo by MadCow1: 3:03pm On Jul 29, 2016
Re: Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo by dogstyle007(m): 3:03pm On Jul 29, 2016
hmmmm
Re: Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 29, 2016
She try.
Re: Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo by LilNetty(m): 3:03pm On Jul 29, 2016
Cool..
Re: Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo by iwillexposeu: 3:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
metronaija2:
http://www.metronaija.com/2016/07/photos-actress-stephanie-linus-campaign.html

Tnx Stephanie my lv,u 4 still use style warn our PDP brothers 2 shun violence,lk de igbinedion an co nt 2 use our youth as polital togs ,bcux PDP must pay for there sins as dea paying nw, 4 wat dey did 2 de poor Nigerians 4 de past 16 yrs, pio should 4get abt ado state de evile dat him an igbinedion did 2 edo pipo is still very fresh in our heart ,PDP will be destroy an scatter ,nt 2 rise again never again, meanwhile ,obaseki carry go nothing do u,Na god win
Re: Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo by Banwod1st(m): 3:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
Okay
Re: Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo by edlion57(m): 3:05pm On Jul 29, 2016
U ppl should go and sit down..... Campaign against dis and that ...y don't u campaign against the conditions of Nigerians now

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo by Vicadonis(m): 3:05pm On Jul 29, 2016
Why is it just a fight for women alone.

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo by AleAirHub(m): 3:14pm On Jul 29, 2016
Nice one for my state cool
Re: Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo by Goddaughter: 3:29pm On Jul 29, 2016
Pls you people should campaign of the hardship pls. Meanwhile as a married woman now. When next you are coming out to tell your follow women something like this, dress like a married and like a Nigerian woman. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo by esosuo: 3:32pm On Jul 29, 2016
I don't want to know .Wat she is saying all I know is dat she is so cute grin

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo by Proffdada: 3:33pm On Jul 29, 2016
Why do I feel she's trying to revive her celebrity status?
Re: Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo by Theoritical(m): 4:11pm On Jul 29, 2016
Abeg, make she go sleep joor'. We aren't experiencing any violence in Edo state' make she noor come use her bad mouth cause us trouble ooo
Re: Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo by kinzmen: 4:51pm On Jul 29, 2016
No much comment here why? shocked
Re: Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo by Mzjacy(f): 4:59pm On Jul 29, 2016
Re: Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo by MadCow1: 5:01pm On Jul 29, 2016
Mzjacy:
Her husband is

Thank God o!!

But why she marry Edo guy sef? angry
Re: Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 29, 2016
Elijahrona2:
Cool lady. I love her.

I love the article in my signature too
Hi I just checked out your blog, I'm a personal/self development coach, I talk to people and help them see a reason in life. I find that it's hard to find people in my kind of niche in Nigeria, let's hook up on whatsapp we can do something massive together 08164538341
Re: Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 29, 2016
JayTheWebExpert:

Hi I just checked out your blog, I'm a personal/self development coach, I talk to people and help them see a reason in life. I find that it's hard to find people in my kind of niche in Nigeria, let's hook up on whatsapp we can do something massive together 08164538341

Ok
Re: Stephanie Linus Campaigns Against Election Violence In Edo by dadaijboy: 6:18pm On Jul 29, 2016
Cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ifu Ennada: No Sex Or Kissing In 2019 / D Banj And Genevieve Nnaji Made A Sextape While Dating??? / Izokpu Atagamen: Malls & Cinemas Ooze Offensive Odour & Heat During Festivities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.