Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,484 members, 7,781,450 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:34 PM

Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye (53931 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: 'I Won't Stop Cursing Killers & Sponsors, Upload It On YouTube' / Adeboye Prays Against Killers, Protectors, Sponsors At Holy Ghost Service / American Preacher Blasts Obama, Nigeria And The Entire Black Race (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Rexceedo: 2:34pm On Jul 29, 2016
WHY I WON’T SEEK VENGEANCE AGAINST KILLERS OF ABUJA PREACHER -ADEBOYE

General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has revealed why he will not seek vengeance against killers of Abuja preacher, Deaconess Eunice Olawale Elisha.

Forty-two-year old Mrs Elisha was hacked to death by hoodlums on June 9 at Gbazango-West area of Kubwa, a satellite town in the Federal Capital Territory while preaching early in the morning.

She was an assistant pastor at the RCCG, Divine Touch parish, Old NEPA road, Phase 4, Kubwa, before she was slashed in the neck and stabbed in the stomach by suspected religious fanatics.

Adeboye, fondly called Daddy G.O by his admirers, said contrary to calls by eminent Nigerians that he should seek vengeance against killers of the evangelist, he would not do so.

He said such move would be counterproductive just as it would be contrary to what the deceased wanted and stood for when she was martyred.

According to the revered man of God, if Dcns Elisha was actually preaching to win souls for Jesus Christ, it would be unscriptural and anti-Christ to seek to kill the same souls she sought to save.

Adeboye made the declaration on the occasion of the second day of the ongoing Ministers Conference at the Redemption Camp, Kilometer 46, Lagos – Ibadan Expressway on Friday morning ahead the 64 annual convention starting August 1.

“I’m not looking for vengeance. I won’t listen to people asking me to seek vengeance.

“I won’t pursue the case. That’ll be contrary to what she wanted.

“She wanted them saved, not killed.

“What will their killing do for me?,” the 74-year-old cleric queried.

Teaching on the topic, “Importance of Mercy,” Adeboye said since every Christian did not know when they would die, the time to truly seek God was now.

Making an example out of the slain Mrs Elisha whom he said was not aware she won’t return home alive on that fateful day, the Ifewara-born cleric warned that the end of the age was imminent, hence the prevalence of vices all over the world.

He said the murdered evangelist finished well and was, no doubt, sitting at the right hand of her Saviour for whom she paid the supreme price.

“Recently, some hoodlums went to murder my daughter in Abuja.

“She was doing her morning cry that morning as she usually did, armed with a megaphone and her Bible.

“An Imam was said to have sent some hoodlums to drive her away, but they did something else.

“She didn’t know she won’t return home that day.

“She finished well. She finished strong

“What a beautiful way to go. She’s gone to be with the Lord,” he stated glowingly.

The man of God said that his joy was predicated on the fact that another soul was waiting for him in Heaven.

“My joy is that she finished well and I have additional soul waiting to welcome me in Heaven when it is my time,” Adeboye noted.

It will be recalled that husband of the slain evangelist, Pastor Elisha had, earlier, expressed misgivings in killing whoever was caught in connection with the murder, saying he would rather they gave their lives to Jesus Christ.

Describing his wife as a martyr, he said: “I see her as a martyr, and she died for Christ. And whether the people are caught or not, they should forgive them; my prayer is that if they can accept Christ, that will be a gain to Christ.”

The slain lady evangelist, who left behind his husband, aged father, mother and seven children, was buried last Saturday in Abuja.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/i-wont-seek-vengeance-killers-abuja-preacher-adeboye/

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Rexceedo: 2:36pm On Jul 29, 2016
That's why we are called "Christian(Christ-Like)".
Even on the Cross, Jesus Christ asked his Father to Pardon those who crucified him.
Just like St Stephen she died a Martyr.
May Her Soul Rest In Perfect Peace- Amen!
Nice move Daddy G.O!
**modified**
Those Calling for his head, remember even Mahatma Gandhi an atheist did say that "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth make the world blind"

Don't Forget;
"See You @ The Top" with the aid of my Signature

281 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by pimpchi(m): 2:48pm On Jul 29, 2016
Touching, God help us.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Rexceedo: 2:58pm On Jul 29, 2016
pimpchi:
Touching, God help us.
I felt goose pimple over me while reading it.

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by youngest85(m): 3:39pm On Jul 29, 2016
U 4 seek vengeance na whether u go find

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by TomHagen: 8:08pm On Jul 29, 2016
You can help but love Adeboye.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Almajiri1: 8:52pm On Jul 29, 2016
According to the revered man of God, if Dcns Elisha was actually preaching to win souls for Jesus Christ
This is preposterous!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by frubben(m): 10:36pm On Jul 29, 2016
I just wish and hope that he would say same thing if it was his own daughter that was the victim.

God would help us all!!!!!!

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by frubben(m): 10:37pm On Jul 29, 2016
I just wish and hope that he would say same thing if it was his own daughter that was the victim.

God would help us all!!!!!!

Because when it comes to others we are quick to preach and teach mercy

But ours we take up the sword.

Just saying my mind

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by greatgod2012(f): 1:56am On Jul 30, 2016
Sir, nobody is asking anyone to seek vengeance, all that is being asked is that such acts should be vehemently condemned publicly. Your silence sir, as well as that of other great MOGs in this country reeks of either cowardice or hypocrisy or both.

Not condemning the acts at all makes these evil doers to see us as not valuing ourselves and such gives them the audacity to continue.

196 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by frubben(m): 6:52am On Jul 30, 2016
greatgod2012:
Sir, nobody is asking anyone to seek vengeance, all that is being asked is that such acts should be vehemently condemned publicly. Your silence sir, as well as that of other great MOGs in this country reeks of either cowardice or hypocrisy or both.

Not condemning the acts at all makes these evil doers to see us as not valuing ourselves and such gives them the audacity to continue.

If its raising funds now, his voice would b the loudest.

100 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by genuineone: 7:20am On Jul 30, 2016
greatgod2012:

Can you fight for God?

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by greatgod2012(f): 7:28am On Jul 30, 2016
genuineone:

Can you fight for God?

And where exactly did you see fighting for God in this my post.

Is condemning an evil act equals to fighting for God.

You lots just like twisting people's words to suit your hypocrisy.

170 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by greatgod2012(f): 7:31am On Jul 30, 2016
frubben:

If its raising funds now, his voice would b the loudest.

And unfortunately, that's what the so called MOGs have turned to.
Very very disturbing for those who know what true discipleship is.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 30, 2016
Very sad indeed, and Pst Adeboye has chosen that path of Christ.

Many questions however abound.

Why should someone use megaphone for morning cry? As a Christian if you do that in front of my house at 5 am or 6 am it is either I get out of the house and drive you away or charge you to court for disturbing my sleep. If I am interested in listening to your preaching I will come to your church.

What is wrong is wrong. It is wrong to disturb people in the name of religion. This as much affects the moslems who use loud speakers for morning prayers.

People should be decent and respect others' right to peaceful sleep.

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Iscoalarcon: 9:37am On Jul 31, 2016
I have nothing to say

#iscodisco

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Sharon6(f): 9:38am On Jul 31, 2016
Vengeance belongs to God.

PLEASE CHECK MY SIGNATURE!

4 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by veekid(m): 9:38am On Jul 31, 2016
Baba leave em for Jesus
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Amberon11: 9:38am On Jul 31, 2016
o
Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by wowmenow: 9:38am On Jul 31, 2016
Sir seek vengeance for God to remove the monster called Buhari

Afonjas take note

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 31, 2016
According to the revered man of God, if Dcns
Elisha was actually preaching to win souls for
Jesus Christ, it would be unscriptural and anti-
Christ to seek to kill the same souls she sought to
save.

God bless you sir!

Those noisemakers that are using this incident to mock the Yorubas can go and sleep now or help seek for vengeance if they are so concerned.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Sijo01(f): 9:39am On Jul 31, 2016
Vengeance belongs to God....... .. He fights for His children not the other way round.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by yeyeboi(m): 9:39am On Jul 31, 2016
Moral Lesson : Never Pay Evil With Evil,Be quick to forgive and Let GOD fight your battle

9 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 31, 2016
Nairalander today is my birthday...Even doe money no dey...even doe food wey man go chop no dey...sha show me some love (I need 1000likes so that I can convert it 1000naira to celebrate the day)

183 Likes 5 Shares

wow

y else would this lady be preaching.... if not to win souls for Jesus Christ.??
wetin this man dey talk sef

3 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by cold(m): 9:40am On Jul 31, 2016
Really tragic the way she was murdered but going about preaching with a megaphone in twilight in a Muslim dominated neighbourhood was just stirring for trouble. This is what i keep saying, Nigerians can be very intolerant. Stop trying to foist your beliefs down other people's throats. Believe whatever you want but don't make others feel less human for seeing things differently. Muslims are especially guilty of this.
I remember ways back in my former hood, a so called evangelist would start yelling into a megaphone by 4 o clock in the morning. Threatening every unbeliever with an eternity in hell fire. This routine was everyday! Not like a few times in the week. As if that wasn't enough, 5 o clock the Muslims would begin their call for prayers from a near by mosque. Oh dear! And to think i had to be at work in a few hours. Never slept properly, went to work with eyes bloodshot and still feeling groggy. Sometimes i just felt like going out there and shutting him up with a good left jab and reinforce my feelings with a right upper hook. But i restrained myself. Unbeknownst to me, some other people felt the same way. And one fateful morning a few people got out and asked him to leave and never come back or he may not like his next visit to the area. Of course he went on about being persecuted, how everyone on the street would be grilled in hell for all eternity and so on and so forth.
Nobody deserves to be lynched and murdered in such a grotesque and gruesome manner. A bit of tolerance is required here. My thoughts are with her family.

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by boboLIL(m): 9:41am On Jul 31, 2016
God will revenge

I'm happy to be a Christian....

The pastor spoke well....

Jesus Christ make them believe.... amen!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by 4dor: 9:42am On Jul 31, 2016
bizme:
Very sad indeed, and Pst Adeboye has chosen that path of Christ.

Many questions however abound.

Why should someone use megaphone for morning cry? As a Christian if you do that in front of my house at 5 am or 6 am it is either I get out of the house and drive you away or charge you to court for disturbing my sleep. If I am interested in listening to your preaching I will come to your church.

What is wrong is wrong. It is wrong to disturb people in the name of religion. This as much affects the moslems who use loud speakers for morning prayers.

People should be decent and respect others' right to peaceful sleep.

So death is the appropriate punishment?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 31, 2016
cry cry cry cry cry cry
No matter how strong a MAN is, he cannot fight for his God.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by ANBAKO: 9:43am On Jul 31, 2016
The greatest scam ever invented is religion!!!

5 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by passionate88: 9:44am On Jul 31, 2016
angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Seek Vengeance Against Killers Of Abuja Preacher- Adeboye by maxwell767(m): 9:44am On Jul 31, 2016
Hummm.....

For me I will like to hear from Seun on what he thinks about this killing.. cry

But until then..... No idea

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ebenezer 2021: Apostle Suleman's 70k Capacity Church Filled Up / If This Isn't Happening In Your Church Then Just Know Your Pastor Needs Help / Ifesinachi Anih, A Christian, Converts To Islam (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.