Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

How Secondary School Certificate Holder Aborted Five Month Pregnancy - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Secondary School Certificate Holder Aborted Five Month Pregnancy (590 Views)

Man Who Beat His Wife, Impregnated Her Sister & Aborted It, Arrested (Pics) / Aborted Baby Flushed In A Gutter In Enugu Female Hostel (Graphic Photos) / 5-Month Old Aborted Foetus In Benson Idahosa University (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Secondary School Certificate Holder Aborted Five Month Pregnancy by midolian(m): 2:48pm On Jul 29, 2016
Only God knows how many unsuspecting patients that one Mr. Akilapa Johnson, a 26-year-old secondary school certificate holder, who never attended medical school for any training, has sent to early graves through his crude method of aborting pregnancies.

Being a paramedic nurse and first aider, he believes he has got the required qualifications to treat patients as well as prescribe and administer drugs.

To him, there is nothing new in the medical profession that he is not capable of doing including getting rid of unwanted pregnancies even at an advanced stage.

For fear of attracting heavy punishment for his numerous acts, he kept saying that Barakat, who is now lying critically ill at the University College Hospital, Ibadan after attendant complications, was his first patient.

Sobbing uncontrollably during his parade at the state police command headquarters, Eleyele, Ibadan by the Oyo State Police Commissioner, Mr. Leye Oyebade, the fake doctor kept asking himself why he had to succumb to alleged pleas by the victim to terminate the five-month old pregnancy.

The CP who advised people in the state to be more careful and stop patronising fake doctors, said, "The long arm of the law caught up with a 26-year old fake doctor, Akilapa Johnson who procured a life threatening abortion for one Barakat, a 23 year old lady who was lured, counselled to abort a five month old pregnancy.

The abortion was carried out in the suspect's one bedroom apartment which served as a 'clinic' located in shanties at Sasa. Shortly after the abortion, the victim developed serious complications which resulted in her being admitted at the UCH where she is lying critically ill.

"Investigations revealed that the fake doctor, an O' level certificate holder, was only trained as a paramedic nurse and a first aider. In spite of his limited knowledge of Medicine, the suspect had consistently treated unsuspecting patients who mistook him for a qualified doctor."

Exhibits allegedly recovered from the suspect include two stethoscopes, two pieces of plaster of Paris bandage, four pairs of hand gloves and syringes. As the suspect clapped his two hands which he later put in his mouth, he shook his head in response to several questions that the South West Voice put to him. He confessed that he was never trained as a doctor before he decided to buy a stethoscope which he hung on his neck to deceive his patients.

He said: "I didn't know it was wrong. When the patient asked me to abort the pregnancy for her, I told her I don't do abortions for people, but she kept on pestering and begging me. At a point, I told her there was no equipment to do it. But, she did not give up. It was then I agreed to do it."

When asked what he used to perform the abortion, the suspect who unsuccessfully racked his brain to recall the name of drugs he administered, said he just gave her some pills. "I'm sure she did not use the pills according to prescription. May be she took many pills at a time. I was in my house when the Police arrested me. I didn't know she developed any complications," he said.

The father of the unborn child, Ikenna who confessed that he impregnated the lady was also arrested and paraded with the fake doctor. The suspect who looked unruffled denied being carried along before the abortion was done.

"She called me on phone that I should see her urgently. When I got there, I saw her bleeding and writhing in pains. I asked her what happened and she told me she had aborted my pregnancy. She begged me to assist her to get home. I declined and thereafter I called her parents.

"On our way home, I dropped her at a hospital and called her parents again. I was aware that she is pregnant because she told me that she could not do her menstrual period. But, I didn't see any symptoms of pregnancy. I didn't tell her to abort because I didn't disown the pregnancy,"he added.

Other suspects paraded by the police include armed robbers, burglars, kidnap gangs and Indian hemp merchants. While parading the kidnap suspects, Oyebade said, "at about 1430 hours of July 15, 2016, one Sakiru Adebayo, a resident of Agbedegbede area of Ile-Ife, Osun State, was kidnapped in his house by a gang of kidnappers who abducted him to an unknown location.

"His abductors layer demanded a ransom of N500,000 as a condition for his release. Through robust intelligence by the operatives of the Command's anti-kinapping squad, the hideout of the gang was located.

"In a well planned and well coordinated operation that lasted some hours, two of the suspects, Oladimeji Olamide and Oke Olufemi were arrested at Ojoo area of Ibadan. One escaped while the victim who was fettered to prevent escape was rescued unhurt."

http://allafrica.com/stories/201607290911.html

Lalasticlala
Re: How Secondary School Certificate Holder Aborted Five Month Pregnancy by HungerBAD: 2:49pm On Jul 29, 2016
Every thing about this story is wrong. The fake abortionist,the bakirat and of course the Ikenna should all be made to face the law if he is found to be in the know.

They all share equal Blame in this. The girl carried a pregnancy for 5 months,and all of a sudden wanted to kill the already formed baby. This woman should be sent to jail whenever she gets out of the hospital.

The fake Doctor,should be made to face the full wrath of the law. And for Ikenna?still don't know the part he played in all this.

Something tells me he is innocent,but why was he arrested if he knows nothing?

The only good thing here is that,Bakirat a Yoruba and Ikenna an Ibo Guy,are dating each other.

How come the Yoruba's and Ibo's on Nairaland hate each other?

2 Likes

Re: How Secondary School Certificate Holder Aborted Five Month Pregnancy by Emmatdayo(m): 2:49pm On Jul 29, 2016
Re: How Secondary School Certificate Holder Aborted Five Month Pregnancy by youngest85(m): 3:16pm On Jul 29, 2016
what's big deal?
Re: How Secondary School Certificate Holder Aborted Five Month Pregnancy by midolian(m): 3:34pm On Jul 29, 2016
HungerBAD:
Every thing about this story is wrong. The fake abortionist,the bakirat and of course the Ikenna should all be made to face the law if he is found to be in the know.

They all share equal Blame in this. The girl carried a pregnancy for 5 months,and all of a sudden wanted to kill the already formed baby. This woman should be sent to jail whenever she gets out of the hospital.

The fake Doctor,should be made to face the full wrath of the law. And for Ikenna?still don't know the part he played in all this.

Something tells me he is innocent,but why was he arrested if he knows nothing?

The only good thing here is that,Bakirat a Yoruba and Ikenna an Ibo Guy,are dating each other.

How come the Yoruba's and Ibo's on Nairaland hate each other?
cheesy cheesy cheesy

The lovers do not know Buhari..they don't know jonathan..they don't know Biafra.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wicked Stepmother Allegedly Tortures 7-year-old To Death In Kaduna / Man Gouges 50-year-old Man’s Eye After Smoking Marijuana / Disclaimer: Stop Blackmailing Our School.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.