Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,711 members, 7,805,925 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa (36906 Views)

Mayowa Ahmed Of #SaveMayowa Is Dead / #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji / #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by ventilation: 4:57pm On Jul 29, 2016
If I get a copy of the bc I got about the sickness i'll post it here ,there's nowhere it's written that Luth refered her abroad.

3 Likes

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by ndujekwu(m): 4:58pm On Jul 29, 2016
realestniggah:
Linda was like "yay am going to burst this exclusive"

but It backfired right into her face

I hope she learn from this

Oga, read the story again.... I think u lost the storyline

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by ndujekwu(m): 4:59pm On Jul 29, 2016
Almajiri1:
So Linda and toyin went to burst the alleged scam Rambo style
Good Linda and toyin are now making statements to the police.

Choi!!! U like rumor. Did dey call Linda's or toyin's name here?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 29, 2016
cool
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by favouriteYSF(m): 5:00pm On Jul 29, 2016
I will enjoin the investigation to be stalled till Mayowa #getwell
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by anselm791(m): 5:00pm On Jul 29, 2016
So linda was right afterall. Now that is investigative journalism, why she no go hammar?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by ephi123(f): 5:00pm On Jul 29, 2016
ndujekwu:
Is this the point where we give Linda Ikeji thumbs up for blowing the whistle?

Well, we still observing. "When BREEZE BLOW, fowl nyash go open!!!!!!!!!"

Which whistle?

If the family cherishes Mayowa's life, they had better make arrangements to take her out of LUTH the death trap asap. Just imagine the state of this nation, citizens can't get access to quality healthcare, na wa.

3 Likes

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by Chanchit: 5:01pm On Jul 29, 2016
ndujekwu:

Try read comprehensively, the disclaimer also never said she's going to die as reported, but its obvious the lady is in a bad shape, so I still believe it's not a scam.

13 Likes

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by OptimusJnr(m): 5:02pm On Jul 29, 2016
I think at this point it's just a matter of waiting to see what becomes of the entire process of investigation, hoping the lady in question doesn't die.
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by prinsam30: 5:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
cylinda ikeja ooo, toyin ooo and The mayowas, have got no chill at all.....

let save the poor lady first

anyway I smell something fishy in all of these, cylinda ikeja and toyin needs to be investigated thoroughly
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by sammhi(m): 5:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
Taking her to LUTh was the first mistake
LUTH is a death zone better at LASUTh than LUTh
So called private ward are just means of taking money into the pockets of LUth Mgt and the doctors
I can never refer anyone to LUtH so disgusting a place
The family is right by taking her outside and they better do fast
Toyin and Linda are frustrating the case and raising all these dusts because they felt cheated out . Period

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by Slimflame(m): 5:05pm On Jul 29, 2016
yjgm:
Let the girl get better. That's the most important thing
31 yrs old u dey call girl

1 Like

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by faheez(m): 5:09pm On Jul 29, 2016
ventilation:
If I get a copy of the bc I got about the sickness i'll post it here ,there's nowhere it's written that Luth refered her abroad.
my friend, it was written there.. They even added the fact that a doctor will accompany them abroad..

1 Like

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by Chartey(m): 5:15pm On Jul 29, 2016
Rainmaker69:
What the hell? What gives LUTH the right to disclose private medical details and history of a patient? Are these people mad? Can't blame the opportunists who tried to turn the poor girl's matter into a cash cow but I expect more from Luth.
LUTH is not a doctor, LUTH is a hospital that didn't swear an oath. Recognise that difference.
Now, that information is not up to 10% of what is at the hospital's disposal. They have a right to protect themselves from unwarranted bad publicity.

3 Likes

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 29, 2016
It's funny how money changes situations..miscommunication leads to complications
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by desmond2pk: 5:19pm On Jul 29, 2016
So it was just 3 days ago they went to luth, to give the matter credibility
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by ojuu4u(m): 5:19pm On Jul 29, 2016
[quote author=magicminister post=48001982]i really do not understand the press release by LUTH.

1- They said Mayowa is an old patient of theirs already on treatment for another ailment??

what i understood from this is that she was misdiagnosed and was treated for different ailment instead of cancer for a very long time.
The family discovered it was stage 4 cancer after getting diagnosis from another hospital.

2- This 31year-old lady came into the Private Wing of LUTH on Monday, 25th July, 2016 with a history and clinical features of an intra-abdominal mass. The family and the patient brought along some results of laboratory investigations ordered and done from outside LUTH.

They only knew she had cancer or "mass " after she was diagnosed by another hospital.

Why in the holy hell would the family continue treatment with luth if they weren't able to diagnose the right disease

Your cönclusiöns are full of bias and prejudice, read back and interprete with neutra mindset.

3 Likes

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by tiwatomi(m): 5:20pm On Jul 29, 2016
This Linda of a lady need to be tamed ! angry

2 Likes

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by MOFAZIT: 5:30pm On Jul 29, 2016
where is the scam in this story....?? Do the family need any confirmation to fly their child abroad?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by jedisco(m): 5:33pm On Jul 29, 2016
magicminister:
i really do not understand the press release by LUTH.

1- They said Mayowa is an old patient of theirs already on treatment for another ailment??

what i understood from this is that she was misdiagnosed and was treated for different ailment instead of cancer for a very long time.
The family discovered it was stage 4 cancer after getting diagnosis from another hospital.

2- This 31year-old lady came into the Private Wing of LUTH on Monday, 25th July, 2016 with a history and clinical features of an intra-abdominal mass. The family and the patient brought along some results of laboratory investigations ordered and done from outside LUTH.

They only knew she had cancer or "mass " after she was diagnosed by another hospital.

Why in the holy hell would the family continue treatment with luth if they weren't able to diagnose the right disease in the first instance?
Now they are saying they wanted to conduct another batch of test?? I believe this process will take another couple of months and its obvious every second is crucial for mayowa.

3- the family however requested to fly Miss Ahmed outside the country barely 24 hours after her admission in LUTH,
So, basically they have been treating her for a mis-dagnosed ailment for a long time and only admitted her after they came with test results from other hospitals.

Nigerian public hospitals are a disgrace.

Come on guys, let's be real here. Most of us will go above and beyond for the people we love. I wouldn't wait for any quack doctor in a public hospital to give me diagnosis before making my own moves.

I don't see any scam here.

Your statement doesn't follow logic if you don't know what she was on treatment for. Cancer can occur concurrently with a million and one other ailments without them being related

6 Likes

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by Lukmann1: 5:33pm On Jul 29, 2016
receive healing o
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by trappatoni(m): 5:37pm On Jul 29, 2016
The poor lady should be taken abroad.
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by zeberebe: 5:39pm On Jul 29, 2016
magicminister:

Why in the holy hell would the family continue treatment with luth if they weren't able to diagnose the right disease in the first instance?
Now they are saying they wanted to conduct another batch of test?? I believe this process will take another couple of months and its obvious every second is crucial for mayowa.

3- the family however requested to fly Miss Ahmed outside the country barely 24 hours after her admission in LUTH,
So, basically they have been treating her for a mis-dagnosed ailment for a long time and only admitted her after they came with test results from other hospitals.

Come on guys, let's be real here. Most of us will go above and beyond for the people we love. I wouldn't wait for any quack doctor in a public hospital to give me diagnosis before making my own moves.

tell them

1 Like

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by zeberebe: 5:40pm On Jul 29, 2016
MOFAZIT:
where is the scam in this story....?? Do the family need any confirmation to fly their child abroad?
I tire o
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by just2okworld(f): 5:44pm On Jul 29, 2016
Nawa OOO
Samhay see o
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by glossy6(f): 5:46pm On Jul 29, 2016
Rainmaker69:
What the hell? What gives LUTH the right to disclose private medical details and history of a patient? Are these people mad? Can't blame the opportunists who tried to turn the poor girl's matter into a cash cow but I expect more from Luth.

Where is the disclosure of medical details?

1 Like

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by uracocksucker: 5:52pm On Jul 29, 2016
magicminister:

i see scam AND you are the scammer how the heck did old patient graduate to misdiagnosed ?? Except you have inside information that isn't preview to everyone else, fam you are slandering

You obviously have no medical knowledge else you would know that NO!! medical practitioner will treat you based on results from another institution except if you were referred. Even at that they still have to carry out tests. It is the PRACTICE!!

Lastly its quite possible to change your mind about treatment in 24 hours but how can you squarely blame the institution for that ?

i am not saying her case is a scam or not ..i don't know enough to make a decision on that but from the statement put out by the hospital, You have misrepresented the Hospital in a bit to arrive at a preconceived idea!!

2 Likes

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 29, 2016
ndujekwu:

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by Julivas(m): 5:54pm On Jul 29, 2016
With LUTH not denying Mayowa as their patient together with the pictures presented, i think the recovery of Mayowa should be of paramount importance. Let forget about the scam or no scam for now to concentrate on the well being of the patient.
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by semitunde: 5:54pm On Jul 29, 2016
I'm yet to see the scam from this statement.

1 Like

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 29, 2016
magicminister:

Never will you find a quack doctor in LUTH. You will need them soon.

1 Like

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa by Julivas(m): 5:59pm On Jul 29, 2016
With LUTH not denying Mayowa as their patient together with the pictures presented, I think the quick recovery of Mayowa should be of paramount importance. Let forget about the scam or no scam for now to concentrate on the well being of the patient.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Doctors And Hospitals In Nigeria / Help!! How Do I Get Rid Of These Spots On My Knees? / Israeli Who Recovered In Japan Develops Coronavirus Again In Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.