Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Today In Nigerian History: 29th July - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Today In Nigerian History: 29th July (17559 Views)

Who's The Worst Head Of State In Nigerian History? / 20 Pictures From Nigerian History That’ll Make You Wish You Could Time Travel / The Corpse Of The Pregnant Suicide Bomber Killed Today In Borno. Graphic Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by examhall3: 5:38pm On Jul 29, 2016

On this day in 1966: Johnson Thomas Umunnakwe Aguiyi-Ironsi, Second Nigerian Head of State and Adekunle Fajuyi, First Military Governor of the former Western Region, were assassinated by a group of mutinous Northern army soldiers who revolted against Aguiyi-Ironsi government in what was popularly called the July Counter Coup.

Also 0n this day in 2014;
The Air Transport Services Senior Staff Association of Nigeria, ATSSSAN, issued a fresh 14-day ultimatum to the Federal Government to appoint a substantive Director-General, DG for the Nigerian Civil Aviation, NCAA.

Equally on this day in 2014;
The Federal Government disclosed that it is considering a bill to curb energy theft and also make it possible for staffers of electricity distribution companies to collect their bills from customers without harassment.

And on this day in 2013;
NIGERIA Labour Congress, NLC, said it is planning a massive assault on Diamond Bank Plc, over alleged sack of workers including officials of the National Union of Banks, Insurance and Financial Institutions Employees, NUBIFIE, without due process as well as without paying their entitlements.
The management of Diamond and leaders of NUBIFIE have been engaged in a running battle over the sack of about 100 workers including all the union officers in the bank since June that year.

Source: http://www.timenaija.com/2016/07/29/today-in-nigerian-history29th-july/

2 Likes

Re: Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by examhall3: 5:39pm On Jul 29, 2016
Re: Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by EMMYLBANKS(m): 5:49pm On Jul 29, 2016
also on this day 2010:buhari promise dogs and baboons to be soaked with blood...

21 Likes

Re: Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by tolam4skywd(m): 6:15pm On Jul 29, 2016
EMMYLBANKS:
also on this day 2010:buhari promise dogs and baboons to be soaked with blood...
what

2 Likes

Re: Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by PresleyKuttie(m): 10:25pm On Jul 29, 2016

Owka...
Also on this day (29th) 4 months back from this month. (March)

Nigerians made the greatest mistake since it's existence by completing the voting of "That Man " into power...

Zombies should not blame me for this post shaa... Had it bn dat the economy is good and money dey, i would av' bn having fun somewhere this night (#TGIF) and not even be here in NL to see this topic and to be among FP commenters self.

Wailer - Enugu Zone...

"Kuttie"

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by Taeewo(m): 10:25pm On Jul 29, 2016
Mtwee
Re: Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by ephemm(m): 10:25pm On Jul 29, 2016
EMMYLBANKS:

The mention of Buhari gives u orgasm! Kontinu

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by Abeyjide: 10:25pm On Jul 29, 2016
Adekunle fajuyi died just because he was trying to defend Aguyi ironsi from being killed. he said and I quote" if agunyi ironsi is to be killed,they should also kill him" cos those guys told him they only came for agunyi ironsi.

9 Likes

Re: Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by venextro(m): 10:26pm On Jul 29, 2016
EMMYLBANKS:
wer u hear dah 1 undecided
Re: Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by valiantheartprod(f): 10:26pm On Jul 29, 2016
Re: Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by YourNemesis: 10:26pm On Jul 29, 2016
kl
Re: Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by mrSTRYKS(m): 10:26pm On Jul 29, 2016
i don make am
Re: Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by McBrooklyn(m): 10:27pm On Jul 29, 2016
Nice One, OP!! cool

Now Lemme Add Mine kiss

On this day July 29, 2016 . . . I said I'm gonna be rich or die trying

Also On this day July 29, 2017 . . . McBrooklyn now makes the Forbes list of the richest men in the world

Thanks For Reading!! cool

PS: The Bad Belles' should not quote me or else am gonna give each of you an E-punch weighing 50kg
angry angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by Emac(m): 10:27pm On Jul 29, 2016
When I recall that July counter coup propagated by the northerners and how Agunyi was killed ..I weep.

God help us. AMEN

2 Likes

Re: Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by orimsamsam(m): 10:28pm On Jul 29, 2016
Adekunle fajuyi. D man dat die becos of his loyalty to ironsi.

Yet some gbigbos or Uganda go dey call us ( Yoruba) traitor

Lost tribe of yisreal. Osu

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by yettyalo: 10:31pm On Jul 29, 2016
Good record. Some people just av problem,even if there is an advertisement of peak milk on NL,some people will still mention Buhari's name. That name must be giving them heart and head ache.

4 Likes

Re: Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by Wealthyonos(m): 10:33pm On Jul 29, 2016
Abeg na which day Jonathan Hand over abi leg over power give Baba?
Re: Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by kbbanj10(m): 10:34pm On Jul 29, 2016
trash crytrash
Re: Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by Ahmedhussain3463: 10:39pm On Jul 29, 2016
Emac:
When I recall that July counter coup propagated by the northerners and how Agunyi was killed ..I weep.

God help us. AMEN
Re: Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by McBrooklyn(m): 10:40pm On Jul 29, 2016
Wealthyonos:
Abeg na which day Jonathan Hand over abi leg over power give Baba?

Google is your friend, Bruh!!! wink wink

With 10kb worth of data and viola, you're done!!!
cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by Ahmedhussain3463: 10:40pm On Jul 29, 2016
Emac:

God help us. AMEN
bt u dnt cry wen u remember dt of 1966 jan 15 led by southeasterners dt killed akintola,tafawa balewa and sir ahmadu bello abi?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by gbaskiboy: 10:42pm On Jul 29, 2016
We have heard ooo
Re: Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by pythonkid(m): 10:43pm On Jul 29, 2016
EMMYLBANKS:
also on this day 5:49 EMMYLBANKS made the dumbest post in nairaland history

8 Likes

Re: Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by Middlefinger1: 10:45pm On Jul 29, 2016
Adekunle Fajuyi the black scorpion

2 Likes

Re: Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by luvkidtemmy(m): 10:49pm On Jul 29, 2016
cheesy
Re: Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by McBrooklyn(m): 10:51pm On Jul 29, 2016
PresleyKuttie:

Owka...
Also on this day (29th) 4 months back from this month. (March)

Nigerians made the greatest mistake since it's existence by completing the voting of "That Man " into power...

Zombies should not blame me for this post shaa... Had it bn dat the economy is good and money dey, i would av' bn having fun somewhere this night (#TGIF) and not even be here in NL to see this topic and to be among FP commenters self.

Wailer - Enugu Zone...

"Kuttie"

L-O-L grin grin

Ah feel your pain, Bruh!

You can actually epp yourself by following this procedures

Go buy 1h Alomo, enter your room dey sip am in conjunction with Nairaland and believe me your eyes no go even clear not to talk of posting the sh*t you just posted and then you sleep and tomorrow is gonna be another day!! grin grin

You can actually thank me later!!!
cool

2 Likes

Re: Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by cyberdurable(m): 10:53pm On Jul 29, 2016
angry
Re: Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by pennywys(m): 10:57pm On Jul 29, 2016
Alright
Re: Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by McBrooklyn(m): 11:00pm On Jul 29, 2016
yettyalo:
Good record. Some people just av problem,even if there is an advertisement of peak milk on NL,some people will still mention Buhari's name. That name must be giving them heart and head ache.

Bruh, I tire ooo!! grin grin

In fact, I tire for all of dem!!! angry angry

Money no dey, dem dey get money buy data con dey burn am with Nairaland 24/7 back to back
cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by FuckTheMod: 11:24pm On Jul 29, 2016
undecided
Re: Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by EMMYLBANKS(m): 11:35pm On Jul 29, 2016
pythonkid:

also on this day 5:49 EMMYLBANKS made the dumbest post in nairaland history
wow!!..what an achievement,this was a dream come through:pwink

2 Likes

Re: Today In Nigerian History: 29th July by ahamonyeka(m): 11:40pm On Jul 29, 2016
On this 29 I nack one girl to comma. ;DOn this 29 I nack one girl to comma.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mohammed Uwais Visits Atiku Abubakar (Photos) / Wike Visits Ugwuanyi And Other PDP Stakeholders In Enugu / Full Text Of The Supreme Court Judgement On Lawan Vs Machina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.