Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,090 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos (22581 Views)

Nigerian Military Doing A Good Job With Operation Awatse / Operation Awatse: Military Bombs Militants In Fatola. Scores Feared Dead / Femi Adesina To Nigerians: ‘go And Fight Pipeline Vandals If You Want Electricit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos by mobidoo: 6:40am On Jul 30, 2016
Rilwayne001:
IPOD terrorists in trouble tongue
Tiyin ti ta angry

A voice from South - waste.
Re: Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos by saintdennis(m): 6:59am On Jul 30, 2016
Was out yesterday but was informed that @least 10heavily armed navy officers came on an exploratory mission to my area to ask everyone some questions about these militants / bunkerers.

Guess things have begun to escalate... may peace return.

My own is from now on any bunkering activity I notice I call the navy straight even when peace returns unless those militants return the 600k worth of property they robbed us for.

Please let's begin to give info the security agencies. REPORT ANY SUSPICIOUS PERSON/ACTIVITY IN YOUR AREA

1 Like

Re: Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos by Pylony(m): 7:04am On Jul 30, 2016
I don enter the creeks shake hands with the boys..lol. Shaaa them talk say, dey are battle ready, make i go buy pop-corn as i watch how it unfold, in this TOM AND JERRY "tory".

1 Like

Re: Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos by Rotwale: 7:09am On Jul 30, 2016
For those asking for pictures or doubting the bombardment, well the bombardment happened (and it isn't over yet) like 2km from my house.

The closest you can compare with the experience is what you see in War movies. You don't want to experience it, talk alone of take pictures (pictures). The sound was deafening and everywhere was visibly shaken. Everywhere is now surrounded. It's now common sight to drive past beast looking APC within the estate.

I do not want to point any finger at any particular tribe; the point remains that these guys are criminals and their end has come finally.

5 Likes

Re: Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 30, 2016
[quote author=isaacputi post=48015115]you go school at all? No na market
Re: Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos by Spells(m): 8:16am On Jul 30, 2016
April fool in July... grin
Re: Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 30, 2016
Good
Re: Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos by alamscolo(m): 8:59am On Jul 30, 2016
please, something swift should be done regarding this issue, you should come and experience how life had been made miserable for those residing in that area.
Re: Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos by alamscolo(m): 9:03am On Jul 30, 2016
Rotwale:
For those asking for pictures or doubting the bombardment, well the bombardment happened (and it isn't over yet) like 2km from my house.

The closest you can compare with the experience is what you see in War movies. You don't want to experience it, talk alone of take pictures (pictures). The sound was deafening and everywhere was visibly shaken. Everywhere is now surrounded. It's now common sight to drive past beast looking APC within the estate.

I do not want to point any finger at any particular tribe; the point remains that these guys are criminals and their end has come finally.
thats the worst part of it. The introduction of bomb explosion when we are not in a war zone area.
Re: Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos by wristbangle: 9:10am On Jul 30, 2016
Idiots:
In d morning,they said the army bombed them now they are blocking thier escape routes. Chai! I see lies everywhere. Pishures or adonbelieveit.

Bros, which day u wan get sense? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos by bigtt76(f): 9:41am On Jul 30, 2016
Sad ...are we technically drifting into a civil war? angry
Re: Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos by maclatunji: 9:43am On Jul 30, 2016
olagamalin:
On the tribalism issue. I daresay the endemic & constant bickering between those members who have appointed themselves advocates of respective tribes are being encouraged by the administrators of this group. Their silence on this issue is quite alarming, Mr Seun ...You lay claim to creating the largest youth discussion forum in Africa, yet the proliferation of hate speech and offensive invectives are the order of the day.

One would think a balance should be drawn between drawing traffic & creating a conducive platform for stimulating discourse. You guys are losing it. Here in the Nigerian Law School, guys hiss at the mention of nairaland.... the general sentiment is tribal e-warriors have taken over the site and the owner is simply powerless & ineffectual OR plain opportunistic to seize the proverbial bull by the horn ...and develop measures to sanction members.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

2 Likes

Re: Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos by maclatunji: 9:49am On Jul 30, 2016
bigtt76:
Sad ...are we technically drifting into a civil war? angry
Re: Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 30, 2016
wristbangle:

after u get bro...no news on the matter again? + no pishures oo,abi,u dey dia?
Re: Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos by BetaThings: 10:17am On Jul 30, 2016
DeLaRue:
I notice that the Chief of Defence Staff who ordered the operation is a Yoruba man.

I usually take the view that it doesn't matter where Buhari's appointees come from. May be it does afterall.

What if the CDS is from the 'other side,' might the story be different.

Are you saying Ihejirika was lenient on criminals from the SE?

1 Like

Re: Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 30, 2016
wristbangle:

With his moniker cheesy smiley. Don't dream about it undecided
Re: Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos by wristbangle: 10:32am On Jul 30, 2016
MissHatey:
With his moniker cheesy smiley. Don't dream about it undecided

Lol. Am telling u. Wait. Misshatey, are u hateu2 (personal ashewo) shocked
Re: Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 30, 2016
wristbangle:

Lol. Am telling u. Wait. Misshhatey, are u hatteu2 (personal ashewo) shocked
lol
You are high nigga cheesy. I'm my 'future husby' personal asewo tongue
Re: Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos by wristbangle: 10:41am On Jul 30, 2016
MissHatey:
lol
You are high nigga cheesy. I'm my 'future husby' personal asewo tongue

grincheesy

From hateu2 to MissHatey. Why is the word "hate" common to u? Who did this to u? cheesy
Re: Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 30, 2016
wristbangle:

grincheesy

From hateu22 to MisssHatey. Why is the word "hate" common to u? Who did this to u? cheesy
Wetin concern you olofofo cheesy bro amebo tongue. I hate you smiley. I love 'irony' tongue
Re: Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:49am On Jul 30, 2016
IPOD youth and allies would be sad about this news. Our Naval officer should kill them all. No mercy.

1 Like

Re: Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos by IamAtribalist: 1:43pm On Jul 30, 2016
kuntash:

Even though you claim to be a tribalist in your name ...

Has there been a confirmation by the military or police that they are Ijaw militants or militants for that matter ?

cool And where is the confirmation that Boko Haram are Northerners? Mumu - you think the people who are attacked don't know who attacked them? cool
Re: Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos by mikki123(m): 2:17pm On Jul 30, 2016
Fulani herdsmen are busy killing people though, tribalistic government
Re: Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos by bigmo1(m): 4:07pm On Jul 30, 2016
The constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria should be amended baba buhari should be able to automatically rule for 4 terms. Only buhari can save this country.
Re: Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos by Arsewipemod: 4:56pm On Jul 30, 2016
Wh0AmI:

...and you fink every damned last of 'em will get crushed in the bombardment?... you think some of the leaders amongst them won't have some sort of bunker/steel shield to keep 'em safe knowing this was probable?... Pls don't display your lack of knowledge so plainly in public just coz you aint pleased!.
Steel bunker my groin. And didn't you read that it was a joint operation?Airforce, army, navy, police? Or you thought all were there to picnic? You need some lessons on military engagement.
Re: Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos by Arsewipemod: 5:03pm On Jul 30, 2016
mobidoo:

A voice from South - waste.
The voice of South-Beast.
Re: Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos by Arsewipemod: 5:08pm On Jul 30, 2016
olagamalin:
On the tribalism issue. I daresay the endemic & constant bickering between those members who have appointed themselves advocates of respective tribes are being encouraged by the administrators of this group. Their silence on this issue is quite alarming, Mr Seun ...You lay claim to creating the largest youth discussion forum in Africa, yet the proliferation of hate speech and offensive invectives are the order of the day.

One would think a balance should be drawn between drawing traffic & creating a conducive platform for stimulating discourse. You guys are losing it. Here in the Nigerian Law School, guys hiss at the mention of nairaland.... the general sentiment is tribal e-warriors have taken over the site and the owner is simply powerless & ineffectual OR plain opportunistic to seize the proverbial bull by the horn ...and develop measures to sanction members.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Quis.................. ..yeah whatever.
Re: Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos by olagamalin(m): 6:56pm On Jul 30, 2016
Arsewipemod:

Quis.................. ..yeah whatever.
When in doubt .....ASK
Re: Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos by Arsewipemod: 7:07pm On Jul 30, 2016
olagamalin:
When in doubt .....ASK
Na who i go ask? You? Mba nu!
Re: Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos by Wh0AmI(m): 7:12pm On Jul 30, 2016
Arsewipemod:

Steel bunker my groin. And didn't you read that it was a joint operation?Airforce, army, navy, police? Or you thought all were there to picnic? You need some lessons on military engagement.
Perhaps I do, however do you know what ground needed to be covered in order to adequately block-off all escape routes?...
These guys are masters on sea, they are good on Land, without adequate information, no one will just charge at them... They can only do that when there's disarray in their abode, which I doubt was yet the case as at the time this report was filed.
The Navy would simply hold the sea, the Army and Police, Land, while the Airforce do their job.
Re: Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos by Arsewipemod: 7:34pm On Jul 30, 2016
Wh0AmI:

Perhaps I do, however do you know what ground needed to be covered in order to adequately block-off all escape routes?...
These guys are masters on sea, they are good on Land, without adequate information, no one will just charge at them... They can only do that when there's disarray in their abode, which I doubt was yet the case as at the time this report was filed.
The Navy would simply hold the sea, the Army and Police, Land, while the Airforce do their job.
The problem is that you are living in denial. You are almost praying that the incidence is not true. But it is my niggah. Your creek rats have been sent scurrying in all directions. Just if you don't know , some of your creek squirrels are hiding in the compounds of residents. So much for ijaw bravery. Always ogogoro induced.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olusola Oke Campaigns In Owo, Akeredolu’s Stronghold (photos) / Enugu Awaits Arrival Of President Buhari (Photos) / Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.