Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,684 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen (36628 Views)

Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma / Sunshine Stars Unveils Eguavoen As Coach (Photos) / Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by Appareil(m): 12:12am On Jul 30, 2016
Lanretoye:
what contribution did the boys he coached to glory make.many of them strive to make it to stardom through the national team amd wen they get there they never give back to their community let alone the nation.
we all knw that there was once a govt in nigeria,y now blame the govt for her responsiveness or otherwise?.
come to look at things (imo) late keshi(mhsrip) worked for his country and in a contractual capacity and is being paid the same way he was contracted by togo,waiting on the govt for burial right is only discretional and not obligatory otherwise so be it in future case of death of any team member or player of the super eagles.
As a matter of fact,i doubt a football body that is not bouyant enough to sponsor its team to a glorious event like the olympics will contribute meaningfully to keshi's burial other than accrue more motuary expenses to the family of the deceased.
The family of late stephen keshi is good enough to bury their son and they have done just that,lets all pray for the repose of the soul of the deceased and leave the govt out of this.
FAREWELL SKIPPO.
I no fit surprise say you talk so. You have no feelings
Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by wadetaw202: 12:21am On Jul 30, 2016
onadana:
What do this people want again.Haba...Nigeria gave them fame and fortune.

And Nigeria owe them 6 months salary even in their death.
Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by famzynet: 12:23am On Jul 30, 2016
Buhari ought to have been present at his funeral. Let me just keep quite because if I talk wetin de my mind about dullard man and this zoo country, the moderators go ban me for one year.
Only a fool will die for Nigeria. When even the president is not willing to die so we go get peace.

"Walk out of thread in tears"

1 Like

Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by Nobody: 12:28am On Jul 30, 2016
undecided
Suspectzero:
But he didn't die for the country. He just simply died.
muhammad ALI didnt die for his country but he was honored.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by RegalD(m): 12:34am On Jul 30, 2016
Jombojombo:
Buhari will never be celebrated in his entire life time!
Failure shall always be his companion!! Amen!

Lalasticlala, this is an injury to Nigerian football
He no longer has a lifetime. He is gone.
Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by Nobody: 12:37am On Jul 30, 2016
Oluwabusobomi:
This govt is the worst I had ever seen!

They will never for once deliver on their promise...always giving excuses.
I spit on Buhari.

Just imaging if GEJ is still the President today, Kechi would have been giving his due "last" respect and recognition.

you are right because that govt did not waste any opportunity to siphon funds, they would have allocated billions and spent millions.

It's not right that a national hero like Keshi is not given deserved recognition by the govt at his burial but please leave GEJ's govt out of this. The quicker the memory of that imb*cile and his lot are expunged from our national pysche the better.

3 Likes

Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by banmee(m): 12:42am On Jul 30, 2016
Oluwabusobomi:

I spit on Buhari.

Just imaging if GEJ is still the President today, Kechi would have been giving his due "last" respect and recognition.
So Buhari was the one that promised them houses in 1994? Ok.

1 Like

Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by ademusiwa14: 12:56am On Jul 30, 2016
Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by fortunechy(m): 1:18am On Jul 30, 2016
worst govt so far

1 Like

Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by aspirebig: 1:23am On Jul 30, 2016
Trust the 'All Promises Cancel' government at your risk.

Nigerians are still waiting for the free daily meal for primary school pupils.
24 hours electricity.
N1=1 $
Corruption free government
Security of lives and properties.
Employment for youth, etc.

They just deceived Nigerians.

This is the worst government post independence. See the inflation rate alone, 16.9%?

2 Likes

Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by DrinkWater10: 1:33am On Jul 30, 2016
Jombojombo:

Shame on Buhari and all his ass lickers!

How much will they even spend on the burial? Am sure Aso Rock feeding allowance for just a day breakfast will make the burial to be a "federal burial" and not even state burial.

Buhari is an incensitive bigot
Sadly this is what Nigeria has become.
Wetin common man go do naa?

1 Like

Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by zomby(m): 1:35am On Jul 30, 2016
Buhari is to blame for anything and everything....Even if it doesn't rain in some of our villages, na Buhari's fault.

Wake up guys!

1 Like

Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by Kgdavid(m): 1:39am On Jul 30, 2016
Oluwabusobomi:

"You now wonder if Nigeria is worth fighting for or even dying for."

How could Oliseh make such a statement? The Federal govt may have failed you but your service was to the nation not the government!

I don't get the sense of entitlement these guys have sometimes... even when we play 5 a side here or a full 11-11 game we play our hearts out. Not because of the hope of cars or houses or acknowledgement but simply for the love of the game.

Why can't you just play the game and be grateful for the opportunity to have represented Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by DrinkWater10: 1:46am On Jul 30, 2016
banmee:
So Buhari was the one that promised them houses in 1994? Ok.
Actually he was.
But he wasn't able to fulfill his promise because he was ousted in the coup by IBB.
Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by Nobody: 1:48am On Jul 30, 2016
Patriosm is not dying for your country, it's making the enemy die for his.
Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by Nobody: 1:50am On Jul 30, 2016
Kgdavid:

How could Oliseh make such a statement? The Federal govt may have failed you but your service was to the nation not the government!

I don't get the sense of entitlement these guys have sometimes... even when we play 5 a side here or a full 11-11 game we play our hearts out. Not because of the hope of cars or houses or acknowledgement but simply for the love of the game.

Why can't you just play the game and be grateful for the opportunity to have represented Nigeria?

And the private sector needs to sign advert contracts with these guys too not just with humdrum musicians.
Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by waice6571: 2:42am On Jul 30, 2016
Lanretoye:
what contribution did the boys he coached to glory make.many of them strive to make it to stardom through the national team amd wen they get there they never give back to their community let alone the nation.
we all knw that there was once a govt in nigeria,y now blame the govt for her responsiveness or otherwise?.
come to look at things (imo) late keshi(mhsrip) worked for his country and in a contractual capacity and is being paid the same way he was contracted by togo,waiting on the govt for burial right is only discretional and not obligatory otherwise so be it in future case of death of any team member or player of the super eagles.
As a matter of fact,i doubt a football body that is not bouyant enough to sponsor its team to a glorious event like the olympics will contribute meaningfully to keshi's burial other than accrue more motuary expenses to the family of the deceased.
The family of late stephen keshi is good enough to bury their son and they have done just that,lets all pray for the repose of the soul of the deceased and leave the govt out of this.
FAREWELL SKIPPO.

Guy, you no try at all....

You fall my hand big time.

1 Like

Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by deebrain(m): 3:07am On Jul 30, 2016
Shameless and foolish government.

I regret i also voted for you.

I wept when i stumbled on athletes going online to look for funds for the coming Olympics.

Na today?

Nonsense!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by kgr8mike(m): 3:13am On Jul 30, 2016
Am disappointed. Buhari is indeed a disappointment. What is it? These are the little things that count, the little icing in the cake.

How do you built faith in a country? How do you motivate the citizens? How do you make them become your fans?

Just by doing the little things and not by telling the whole world that all of them are corrupt except yourself.

God deliver us from this man.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by banmee(m): 3:17am On Jul 30, 2016
Jombojombo:
This is pathetic!

And tomorrow someone will tell me to be patriotic?
F*ck patriotism to this fraud enclave called Nigeria

Nigerians can be funny. This is a country that nothing functions. And when i say nothing, i mean absolutely nada and for some reason they expect this one thing, a burial in this case, to go smoothly. Are these guy living in Nigeria at all? Or am I the only one sane? It is like it is a surprise to them that the country is jacked the phuck up. What is wrong with these people? If i may quote the literary genius, cococandy grin; What do you expect when the number of s.tupid people outnumber normal people in a country? Newsflash people; you should and must always expect chaos. I know i do.

3 Likes

Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by ResourceMan(m): 4:03am On Jul 30, 2016
What do you expect from a bohari led apc govt. of pains, lies and anger.
"BOHARI HAS THE ANOINTING OF POVERTY"
Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by damon222: 4:07am On Jul 30, 2016
Oluwabusobomi:

I spit on Buhari.

You are sounding disappointed. Have you forgoton so soon that Keshi is from the south south and the head of the country, Buhari is from the north that he is not only the heaviest and worse tribal leaders ever produced in this country but he is also one of the dafts and dumbest.
Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by nonjebose(m): 4:43am On Jul 30, 2016
Xyzaid:
how exactly did late keshi died for Nigeria, I don't understand... being a super eagle player or coach is just a job like every other profession, so what's this nonsense about dying for nigeria.
Let me enlighten you. Playing for various clubsides is his day's job. That is his every day profession. It becomes a national duty when you put on the Green and White. When Porto, Barcelona or Real Madrid won the UCL, they were not hosted by their respective govts of Portugal or Spain. But when the national teams won European nations cup, the stars got national honours, reception etc from their govts. So dear, the difference is clear. It is not your 7-5 job profession
Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by general1970: 4:56am On Jul 30, 2016
onadana:
What do this people want again.Haba...Nigeria gave them fame and fortune.

They worked for it, if Nigeria gives, he takes back in multiple fold. Min.Wage in US is $9/hr, with 10hrs work in a day you will rake $90 meaning N33,000, what's monthly min.wage in Nigeria? NIGERIA IS A MISFORTUNE COUNTRY.
Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by Nobody: 5:01am On Jul 30, 2016
Oluwabusobomi:

I spit on Buhari.

first of all its Keshi not 'kechi'. Secondly, Keshi has been buried without the 'fanfare' that the fed govt promised abi? Tell me one sports man that was honored in this country when he or she died?. Sam Okwaraji died on the pitch playing for Nigeria what has been done to honor him? Was it Buhari that promised to give them houses in 1994? Finally, shey it was the same Buhari that gave the members of the 1984 under 17 champions 2 million each at the beginning of his tenure because he couldn't honor them due to the coup that removed him from power?....My dear, biko try n think first before u comment on somethings...Shuaibu Amodu coached the Eagles four times, what was done to honor him?....Did his family complain?

2 Likes

Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by helovesme(f): 5:03am On Jul 30, 2016
Xyzaid:
how exactly did late keshi died for Nigeria, I don't understand... being a super eagle player or coach is just a job like every other profession, so what's this nonsense about dying for nigeria.

Abi ooooooooooooo

Nigerians and sentiment.

1 Like

Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by Nobody: 5:05am On Jul 30, 2016
Jombojombo:
Buhari will never be celebrated in his entire life time!
Failure shall always be his companion!! Amen!

Lalasticlala, this is an injury to Nigerian football
he has been celebrated before, he is been celebrated now n by God's grace he will be celebrated when he is gone............it is u who we don't know............n using ur words against u may the 'failure' u r unleashing on this country by cursing our dear president be ur portion............Mumu wey no sabi anything..

4 Likes

Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by nonjebose(m): 5:05am On Jul 30, 2016
ayoxelee:

evry tn nw na government, for God sake he worked fo d countey lyk evri oda workers n he gt payed. n if dy r stl owing him, dy r owing oda workers too n moreover he is no more in service fo d country so he dnt die in service. If he shd b entitle to anyoda benfit as u claimed den every civil servants r also entitle to ir
Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by Nobody: 5:10am On Jul 30, 2016
HARDBOI:
oga lets face d reality.. dying for nigeria will be stupidity... wat will u stand to gain? maybe house and money reward... while d living enjoy d goodies of life.
abeg life is too sweet to be stupid. i can only die for my parents n sliblings or other family members. or maybe a helpless fellow out there depending on d situation
RIP BOSS!
please clarify me, how exactly did Keshi die for Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by nonjebose(m): 5:16am On Jul 30, 2016
Standing5:
Are you aware FIFA frowns at interference in footballing matters from govts around the world/ They once banned Nigeria because of this. the NFF know this and are using it against the interest of the government. Buhari is helpless here. EFCC is our best bet at arresting the seemingly hopeless situation we find ourselves.
Don't twist logic on its head. Keshi did not die a pauper. Did the family not bury him? Buhari helpless to keep his promise? Don't be deceived. Least they could do was to send delegates to grace his burial
Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:19am On Jul 30, 2016
Oluwabusobomi:

I spit on Buhari.

Harsh but the RAW truth sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"No Gree For Anybody": Multichoice Makes U-turn, To air All AFCON Matches live / Joshua, Fury To Earn $100 Million Each In Heavyweight Showdown / Gunmen Send Threatening Message To Messi, Fired Shots At Family Store

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.