Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen (36626 Views)

Kanu, Eguavoen, Siasia, Akanni To Play Fund-raising Match For Distressed Oruma / Sunshine Stars Unveils Eguavoen As Coach (Photos) / Austin Eguavoen: I Am Being Owed By NFF, Says Ex Super Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by metorichmond(m): 8:43am On Jul 30, 2016
Oga did u read the part that said he was been owed six months at all, which one is he worked n was bn paid accordingly.
Lanretoye:
what contribution did the boys he coached to glory make.many of them strive to make it to stardom through the national team amd wen they get there they never give back to their community let alone the nation.
we all knw that there was once a govt in nigeria,y now blame the govt for her responsiveness or otherwise?.
come to look at things (imo) late keshi(mhsrip) worked for his country and in a contractual capacity and is being paid the same way he was contracted by togo,waiting on the govt for burial right is only discretional and not obligatory otherwise so be it in future case of death of any team member or player of the super eagles.
As a matter of fact,i doubt a football body that is not bouyant enough to sponsor its team to a glorious event like the olympics will contribute meaningfully to keshi's burial other than accrue more motuary expenses to the family of the deceased.
The family of late stephen keshi is good enough to bury their son and they have done just that,lets all pray for the repose of the soul of the deceased and leave the govt out of this.
FAREWELL SKIPPO.

1 Like

Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by banmee(m): 8:50am On Jul 30, 2016
cococandy:
ha. You flatter me. cheesy

Hehehehehehehe. .....
Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by xchrisss90(m): 8:51am On Jul 30, 2016
there was once a country!!!!!
Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by Bgorgeous: 8:56am On Jul 30, 2016
Oluwabusobomi:
This govt is the worst I had ever seen!

They will never for once deliver on their promise...always giving excuses.
I spit on Buhari.

Just imaging if GEJ is still the President today, Keshi would have been giving his due "last" respect and recognition.
you have forgotten your GEJ is the one owing him salaries. So the money he didn't see in his life time should be used for burial , how thoughtful of you. Nigerian mentality. Suffer and die in penury and get buried in a two million naira casket. Nonsense
Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 30, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by engrchykae(m): 9:20am On Jul 30, 2016
why should the federal government worry about keshi when he is not a member of APC,
HAVE FG GIVEN ACCOUNT OF THE FEDERAL ZOMBIES WHO DIED DURING THE CIVIL WAR,BOKO HARAM ?
Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 30, 2016
EgunMogaji:
Patriosm is not dying for your country, it's making the enemy die for his.

Great point Baba omo alaigboran on Nairaland.... Oko Alhaja Ni Ibadan

1 Like

Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by AngryNigerian(m): 9:59am On Jul 30, 2016
Boyyyyyy!!! See how angry people of obodo naija are!!

My website will soon be ready...do not miss it!

www.angrynigerian.com.ng.gov.za.uk....lolzzz

#WeAreAllAngryNigeriansSomehow
Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 30, 2016
I think I have had up to my throat with this Kesi issue..... come to think of it was the man not getting his salary as a coach and every now and then Nigeria this PMB that..do they expect the contry to go on holidays cos of keshi? come to think of it, the soldiers that die at war fronts protecting the nation no one hears noise from their familes and friends or if the country is not at peace will there be sports or were they not serving the country?

1 Like

Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by robosky02(m): 10:42am On Jul 30, 2016
ohhhhhhhh Nigeria

Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by HomeOfMe(f): 10:47am On Jul 30, 2016
Oluwabusobomi:

I spit on Buhari.

Just imaging if GEJ is still the President today, Keshi would have been giving his due "last" respect and recognition.
I agree with you my sister. Our leaders are shameless and a disgrace! Nigeria is not worth dying for for any reason;*spits on their faces*
Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 30, 2016
What a lousy hypocrite Austin Eguavoen is.As much as i don't like NFF i remember and noted the travel s incurred by him as coach lets saw he just earned 500k monthly.Your perfromance wilted your coaching career and secondly would you be dying for Nigeria or is Keshi are you both not paid fine.I believe Keshi wasn't earning less than 1.5Million Naira per year so what are u dying for Nigeria for Eguavoen ? After you squeeze save your earnings you stil squeeze that face like a broke man...Yeye
Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by Akolawole(m): 11:18am On Jul 30, 2016
Oluwabusobomi:

1) This govt is the worst I had ever seen!

2) Just imaging if GEJ is still the President today, Keshi would have been giving his due "last" respect and recognition.

1) We got worked up in this country UNNECESSARILY. In fact we dont even understand what state burials is meant for.
Keshi served this country very very well just like thousands of Nigerians who does NOT even get a mentioned.

~ What Keshi need from government was recognition and he always get that.

Keshi died a rich man but at the same time get so much previledges since the 80's all over Nigeria. What did Rashidi Yekini get? Do you know a player called Samuel Okwaraji who sometimes fund super eagles?

2) We all know GEJ. He flaunts money anyhow. He can even arrange state burial for Shekau, Asari Dokubo and Tompolo.
Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by Deepfreezer(m): 11:39am On Jul 30, 2016
That's why I laugh out so loud when I see people rushing for the DSS, Military and SSS job. They will send you to war zone get u killed and live goes on .
Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by Deepfreezer(m): 11:46am On Jul 30, 2016
A lot of our athletes are in Rio sleeping under bridges and at public parks, some didn't even make it to Brazil because of lack of support from the FG. Tufiakwa.
Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by Wisefellow(m): 12:13pm On Jul 30, 2016
onadana:
What do this people want again.Haba...Nigeria gave them fame and fortune.

It's high time we talk sense as responsible and progressive citizens of this nation. Every Nigerian owe the country a duty of patriotism and government also owe it's citizenry a good living standard in conducive and secured nation.

In the case of Steven Keshi, I expect members of NFF to be in attendance at the funeral, to show support; physically, emotionally and financially( if willing) just as friends, ex-players and sport loving people. It is not a must, provided NFF have paid Big-Boss all his necessary dues, to foot the funeral bills.
Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by mysteryman2014: 12:26pm On Jul 30, 2016
Oluwabusobomi:

I spit on Buhari.

You fine pass this your epe o.
Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by Cityguy: 12:54pm On Jul 30, 2016
Well, I'm not surprised. It's not some mass wedding or something up the Niger. It's just sad that people are not encouraged to be patriotic anymore. How we got here sha baffles me.
Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 1:49pm On Jul 30, 2016
From another source...if it is a Nothingner and a. MUSHlim that is the coach of Nigerian super Eagles, MAMAmadu would even give one day holiday to the entire nation to morn his death,..is well we will reach a state in Nigeria where we will regard every one on d same status quo,...
Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by AyoolaIgwe(m): 1:55pm On Jul 30, 2016
Iseoluwani:
If you die for Nigeria unto say you wan be HERO

Hmmmmm

OYO Z YOUR CASE

WETIN WON DO ME WEY I GO DIE FOR NIGERIA.

ABASHA!! ! IRANU

I CANT FORGET MY NYSC YEAR WHERE CORPERS WERE TREATED LIKE BEGGERS. community sef no valUr you

which state ?
Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by Iseoluwani: 2:09pm On Jul 30, 2016
AyoolaIgwe:

which state ?

Taraba.
Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by WEWE22(f): 3:04pm On Jul 30, 2016
Lanretoye:
what contribution did the boys he coached to glory make.many of them strive to make it to stardom through the national team amd wen they get there they never give back to their community let alone the nation.
we all knw that there was once a govt in nigeria,y now blame the govt for her responsiveness or otherwise?.
come to look at things (imo) late keshi(mhsrip) worked for his country and in a contractual capacity and is being paid the same way he was contracted by togo,waiting on the govt for burial right is only discretional and not obligatory otherwise so be it in future case of death of any team member or player of the super eagles.
As a matter of fact,i doubt a football body that is not bouyant enough to sponsor its team to a glorious event like the olympics will contribute meaningfully to keshi's burial other than accrue more motuary expenses to the family of the deceased.
The family of late stephen keshi is good enough to bury their son and they have done just that,lets all pray for the repose of the soul of the deceased and leave the govt out of this.
FAREWELL SKIPPO.
At least some of us can think, Jeez!
Re: Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen by Litmus: 9:49pm On Jul 30, 2016
Jombojombo:
This is pathetic!

And tomorrow someone will tell me to be patriotic?
F*ck patriotism to this fraud enclave called Nigeria

If a footballing legend died in any of the passionate footballing nations abroad and his memory was treated in a way fans felt less than deserving, the fans would almost certainly organize something befitting as well as raise money. Hope Nigerian fans have planned something for Keshi or maybe they are frauds too

Building a nation is in many ways a contract between people and government, the land is inanimate....

cant recall what the state did for Bobby Moore in death.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Joshua, Fury To Earn $100 Million Each In Heavyweight Showdown / Rooney: Alex Ferguson Ordered Me Out Of His Office Over Ronaldo / Gunmen Send Threatening Message To Messi, Fired Shots At Family Store

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.