Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

This Company Has Introduced Menstrual Leave Policy - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / This Company Has Introduced Menstrual Leave Policy (1059 Views)

HELP!! My Former Company Has Refused To Pay My Dismissal Benefits. / Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? / Should "Menstrual Leave" Be Adopted In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Company Has Introduced Menstrual Leave Policy by Adesiji77: 9:28pm On Jul 29, 2016
In the crowd of countless online shopping websites, Sasto Deal has come up with a great incentive for their female employees. They’re offering menstrual leaves for women on periods.

‘Sasto Deal’ is first of its kind, located in Nepal, having a menstrual leave policy. The company has 10 female and 19 male employees. To reach the people at a big level, the company started its campaign for this noble cause from Facebook emphasizing the need of this policy in all the organizations.

The team of Sasto Deal is very proud of what they have started and trying to reach the mass at every level. They understand that pain due to menstruation is more painful than a headache. Today, many of us take leave from work due to a little headache or fever but we expect the female employees to work efficiently during her periods because we don’t know how painful it is! And even women entrepreneurs who own the company don’t have any empathy for women employees.

Prior to the conclusion, all the staffs of the company were asked to give their suggestions during a discussion and then after Sasto Deal came to a conclusion that priority should be given to the health of women staff. And so, the company introduced menstrual leave policy where any women employee can work from their home or they can take leave from the work during her periods without being asked a single question and without any penalty in the salary.
http://respectwomen.co.in/this-company-has-introduced-menstrual-leave-policy-women-can-now-work-from-home-on-their-periods/

Re: This Company Has Introduced Menstrual Leave Policy by uboma(m): 1:31am On Jul 30, 2016
okay!

This is the first of its kind. But what measures are in place to prevent the abuse of this policy?

For instance, a lady decides not to come to work and gives the reason as her monthly flow when in reality it is not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Company Has Introduced Menstrual Leave Policy by Ishilove: 3:06am On Jul 30, 2016
uboma:
okay!

This is the first of its kind. But what measures are in place to prevent the abuse of this policy?

For instance, a lady decides not to come to work and gives the reason as her monthly flow when in reality it is not.
Leave matter. If I were to work in such a company, that's automatic 4 days leave every month whether or not I need it cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Company Has Introduced Menstrual Leave Policy by uboma(m): 3:09am On Jul 30, 2016
Ishilove:

Leave matter. If I were to work in such a company, that's automatic 4 days leave every month whether or not I need it cheesy cheesy

lol.
Re: This Company Has Introduced Menstrual Leave Policy by Merlissa(f): 4:22am On Jul 30, 2016
Makes sense ooo..

When would they start on Nigeria?
Re: This Company Has Introduced Menstrual Leave Policy by Jennydoris(f): 8:11am On Jul 30, 2016
Ishilove:

I agree with you. And I will make sure the leave starts on Monday and not anything close to weekend..
Re: This Company Has Introduced Menstrual Leave Policy by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 30, 2016
that's amazing for someone like me with dysmenorrhea
I wish we could get leave from school as well
Re: This Company Has Introduced Menstrual Leave Policy by Cutehector(m): 11:59am On Aug 01, 2016
mistytohcute:
that's amazing for someone like me with dysmenorrhea

I wish we could get leave from school as well
here is the link to the voting thread. please vote falconey. thanks so much.
https://www.nairaland.com/3261218/mr-nairaland-contest-2016-elimination/12

1 Like

Re: This Company Has Introduced Menstrual Leave Policy by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 03, 2016
Cutehector:
here is the link to the voting thread. please vote falconey. thanks so much.
https://www.nairaland.com/3261218/mr-nairaland-contest-2016-elimination/12

done

sorry it took so late, I had a problem with nairaland server

(1) (Reply)

Free Autocad Training This Weekend {practical Based Class} / Rapid Investment Limited / Should

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.