Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,539 members, 7,801,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. (18346 Views)

An Atheist On Judgment Day / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / 13 Interesting Ways To Become An Atheist On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 12:44am On Jul 30, 2016
Well, on a lighter mood, we can thank atheists for thrilling us with their omni-knowest skills and abilities grin. Below summarizes (as far as i can remember)the A-Z of atheists on nairaland especially in the religion section.

1. Let God and religion fill your heart to an extent that you just cant stop talking about him.
Yeah that's right, some of these young atheist fellaz might not sleep well if they do not talk about God. They look for the slightest opportunity to tell you how wicked, irrational, evil and negative the Creator is. But bear in mind that there is not right or wrong for the atheist - no evil, no good. So how can atheists come to this conclusion undecided... Beats me too. Tell me again how atheism is not confusion.

2. Claim to lack a belief in God. But constantly launch attacks on christianity to convince themselves that they really lack a belief. Why will a person attack something he does not believe? undecided
Okay let us even break down the word "lack". "Lack" could be a noun or a verb. Atheists use the word as a verb.
The cambridge english dictionary defines the word as: /læk/
to not have any or enough of something, esp. something necessary, needed or wanted:
From this definition, we can see that God is needed. So what could this mean for the atheists? undecided
Could it mean that they lack other necessary or needed items of life? undecided
Cos if you ask me, lack can fuel anger and thus hatred wink .

3. Scavenge the religion section for harmless christian topics such as a believer thanking God for sparing his life. and dehumanize him.
I mean, if you open a thread with a simple title like "God I thank You for the gift of life", some atheist will be like "So how about those that are dying?" "So your God is picky and selfish".
But notice one thing. If you give an atheist a gift, he may thank you. He most certainly wont tell you that you are picky and selfish or ask about those who need the gift more. Atheists don't really know what to say, do they grin

4. Google search "bad stuffs in the bible" and post some verses taken out of context here, and instantly they become a bible scholar.
This one is very common, they can take a verse like: I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD.-Psalm 118:17
And then tell you that the writer was high and silly, and that people die in reality. Seriously undecided, have atheists ever heard of the word "context". I don't think so.

5. Claim to be a former christian but have little to zero understanding of the very basics of christianity.
You can only wonder what type of christian someone is or was when he asks such questions like: "Why did Jesus die and rise again, why didn't he stay dead?", 'Why did Jesus weep when Lazarus died?", "Why do believers suffer?".
Well, at least we now know those who were force-fed christianity by their parents or whoever.

6. Realize that Christ lived a perfect life and that christians look up to Christ, and so discard the teachings of Christ and focus more on the historical record of Israelites under the dispensation of the law (Sin and Death).
This point is a bit connected to point 5, cos one needs to understand the laws and dispensations.
-The law of Sin and death and,
-The new law of the Spirit of life in Jesus (grace)
What does Romans 8:2 tell us: For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made us free from the law of sin and death.

7. Deceptively ask christians for answers as if they really seek answers, while in reality they want to make a mockery of whatever answers they give.
They can ask questions like "why is there so much suffering in the world"?, and then you give an answer like "God did not promise us a rosy world but promised to walk through life with us if we allow Him and also, the existence of evil is corroborates the truth of scriptures"...
You may need to brace yourself after giving such a reply grin . A typical atheist may say "Shut up you fool, your God is wicked, selfish, vindictive and ......" grin grin

8. Preach to people that God does not exist, but say repeatedly that God is evil for allowing evil to exist.
Point no. 7 corroborates this. Pain may be too much for some people to handle. Nairaland is how some atheists deal with their pain.
(Ronald Inglehart (2010) confirms that religious people are usually happier than nonreligious people.

"Faith and Freedom: Traditional and Modern Ways to Happiness". In Ed Diener, John F. Helliwell, Daniel Kahneman. International Differences in Well-Being. Oxford University Press. pp. 378–385. ISBN 978-0-19-973273-9

9. Be historically illiterate about how religion especially christianity helped to usher in democracy in several parts of our world but dwell on the bad side of religion.
At the same time be historically illiterate about how the atheist countries that have ever existed have repressed democracy.

10. Mock christianity especially as dishonestly as possible.

11. Claim to be humanist but ignore the hundreds of lives lost daily to Islamic terror and focus on rubbishing the good news of Christ.
Should we talk about the actions of islam in recent times on France, Germany, Iran, Syria, Iraq, Northern Nigeria e.t.c.
Naah, atheists are less concerned with people who are easily radicalized on a daily basis to be murderers, they focus more on someone thanking God for his life.
Phew', At least we now know who really cares about humans. If christianity was as totalitarian as islam or atheist states, atheists voices wont be heard in the first place.

12. Appear to be open-minded to deceive the feeble-minded when in reality all your questions or arguments are put forth with a pre-conception of anti-religion.
An atheist could ask: "[i]Did Jesus really rise from the dead
". I could almost be sure that this question is an attempt to mock the christian faith no matter how open-minded the op seems to be.
From my little stay on Nairaland, I can safely conclude that atheists here do not need any answers. They only want atheism to be true. at all cost

13. Reapeatedly advocate for the eradication of religion from the face of the earth but be historically illiterate that this same idea caused the deaths of over 260 million lives in the past 100 years alone.

14. Demonize the raising up of children in the way of the Lord, but turn a blind eye to their increasing access to nudity, alcoholism, indecency, hard drugs, thuggery e.t.c.

15. Claim to want to save the world and free humanity from the virus of religion but leave their family and friends to wallow in this so called "delusion".
It is pitiable that these atheists find solace only on nairaland. At home, they are as meek and timid as a cat and would prefer not to show their homies this newly struck gold. I put it to atheists that they are wicked and heartless to let their homies continue in their "delusions"

16. Say that religion is the cause of Nigeria's every problem but forget to mention other great religious countries and how religion especially christianity helped to usher in civilization. Atheists are quick to tell you that "Just look at Nigeria, our problem is religion"...
They like to capitalize on the current state of Nigeria .
Lol, we can laugh at them, because we know that China has a christian population of more than 1,349,585,838, U.S.A (316, 668,567), Nigeria (174,507,539), Russia (142,500,482), Japan (127,253,075). e.t.c
It doesn't really matter to the atheist. Religion (especially christianity) is the source of Nigeria's problems angry

17. Constantly tell us that we are products of meaninglessness and purposelessness but desperately want people to embrace such hopelessness.
Well, you can leave us the feck alone...What reality has continued to show is that every single item on earth serves a purpose. Don't try to dumb us down.

18. Open meaningless threads and threads based on mockery and mock christians who do not take them seriously.
This happens here all the time.

19. Join atheism because of unfortunate happenings in their lives and desperately want to impose their woes on others.
You lost a dear person and i'm sorry about your loss, I've lost too. But don't force force the effects it had on you on others. Good and bad happens all the time, ain't no need to impress your emotions on people's lives.

20. Deliberately create a non-existent gulf between christianity and science as if atheism had the sort of impact religion has had on science.
Well, thank God for some eye-opening threads that have shown us how christians propelled science and how atheists are desperately trying to hijack science. Atheists could almost tell you that "atheism=science". grin

21. Downplay the relief and outreach provided by religion to the less privileged. You may wanna go to camps of internally displaced persons, orphanages, prisons, hospital beds, poverty stricken parts of Africa. Here, you will find religious people from parts of the world lending help to the helpless.

22. Dishonestly downplay whatever evidence, fact or explanation given by a christian as lies so far it negates the stand of atheism.
Trust out atheist brothers and sisters on this grin

23. Dishonestly disregard scientific work done which proves that:

religion is a part of the human nature
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1386533/Belief-religion-simply-universal-human-nature.html
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/12/religious-belief-is-human-nature-huge-new-study-claims/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/8510711/Belief-in-God-is-part-of-human-nature-Oxford-study.html

education positively affects religious participation and devotional activities in daily life
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs13644-011-0007-4

Church attendance has a positive effect on the grade point average
http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/articles/34099196/going-church-helps-students-grades

Religious involvement and spirituality are associated with better health outcomes, including greater longevity, coping skills, and health-related quality of life (even during terminal illness) and less anxiety, depression, and suicide"
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11761504

Lower blood pressures observed among those who frequently prayed or studied the Bible (daily or more often)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9724889

Religiousity and its influence on immune system
http://www.dukehealth.org/health_library/news/663
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9565726

Religion and its effect on lifetime impulsivity, aggression, and substance use
American Psychiatric Association: http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/article.aspxVolume=161&page=2303&journalID=13

Religious people and charity
http://www.pewforum.org/Religion-News/Religious-people-make-better-citizens-study-says.aspx
http://articles.latimes.com/2007/jun/16/local/me-beliefs16

And other research studies...

Even after all these, our atheist brothers will still demonize religion without conducting any research to reach such conclusion.

24. Dishonestly claim that Jesus Christ is a myth like zeus, horus, and co. even in the face of proof.
Well, we know it will be irrational for you to dismiss the obvious if Jesus ever existed. grin. So its better to reject outrightly the fact that He ever existed. grin

25. Claim to be the all-rational, all-logical, all-knowing, all-intellectual, all-reasonable, all-wetin again.

Abeg make i drop my pen. grin

Atheists I hail ooo.

cc; KingEbukasBlog, Richirich713, thoniameek, anas09, Tufanja, elantraceey, OLAADEGBU, KingEbukaNaija, ceeted, Chidexter, lezz, analice107, bxcode, Topeakintola, UyiIredia, Tellemall, vooks, Ishilove, sukkot, gatiano, mrpresident1, Drefan2, Strawman, dazzle101, lalasticlala, seun, Dejideji1, Farmerforlife, muafrika2, 4evergod2, udysweet, Edelweiss44, naijadeyhia

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 12:45am On Jul 30, 2016
Oya. Atheists (professionals in the strawman fallacy)

Carry your straws dey com, com change argument.
strawmen and women grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 12:46am On Jul 30, 2016
According to the atheists, everything we know of was created.

Well, Except the universe grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Ouch!! grin
Let me hurt 'em with some more facts and proof.

In a recent study, the Centre de prévention contre les dérives sectaires liées à l'islam (CPDSI) found that 80% of French jihadists were raised in atheist familes. Does atheism leave a dangerous void that makes humans susceptible to embracing harmful ideologies?

Blaise Pascal rightfully wrote: “There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every person which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator.”

Original article: http:///1j4SiBX
Further resources: http:///1NDCSxC

6 Likes 1 Share

The atheist logic:

If i'm not happy, then you cant be too.

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 12:47am On Jul 30, 2016
Lets hear from real scientists.

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 1:03am On Jul 30, 2016
bill, jeff and jim are serious minded persons. Atheists have a lot to learn from them... grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by KingEbukaNaija: 1:03am On Jul 30, 2016
Don't forget their sexual attraction to animals bro grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by KingEbukaNaija: 1:05am On Jul 30, 2016
winner01:
Oya. Atheists (professionals in the strawman fallacy)

Carry your straws dey com, com change argument.
strawmen and women grin

Atheists are the best in creating strawmen . They are gifted in that area .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 1:10am On Jul 30, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:
Don't forget their sexual attraction to animals bro grin
lmao..

lwkmd grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by KingEbukaNaija: 1:11am On Jul 30, 2016
Atheists on here , show yourself !!!!

ilovetheline, JackBizzle, Kay17, AgentOfAllah, Ayomikun37 , hahn , sonOfLucifer , frank317 muskeeto , Decker , PastorAIO , ValentineMary , Pyrrho , braithwaite , dragonEmperor , theoneJabulani , lepasharon , cloudgoddess , ifenes , brigance , stephenmorris , thehomer , dalaman , Ranchhoddas , hoefullandlord , weah96 , CAPSLOCKED , lilbrown007

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by KingEbukaNaija: 1:12am On Jul 30, 2016
JackBizzle and Hopefullandlord are online now . Come and contribute too !!!
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 1:12am On Jul 30, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Atheists are the best in creating strawmen . They are gifted in that area .
Strawman na their middle name grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by KingEbukaNaija: 1:22am On Jul 30, 2016
winner01:
Strawman na their middle name grin grin

As in eh ....

1. Study the argument by the Christian . Can I counter it ? No , its too tenable . What do I do ?

2. Create a strawman . This makes it convenient .

3. Declare yourself to be intellectually superior when the Christian points out your strawman .

4. Mock the Christian to appear intelligent . But if the Christian makes it too obvious what should I do

5. Abandon thread .

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 1:45am On Jul 30, 2016
The Bible is hogwash and nonsense grin grin
Gosh! some people are angry grin grin

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 1:55am On Jul 30, 2016
Lets see.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by KingEbukaNaija: 2:01am On Jul 30, 2016
winner01:
The Bible is hogwash and nonsense grin grin
Gosh! some people are angry grin grin

I just weak ooo . And they claim there's evidence . Of what exactly grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by Weah96: 2:04am On Jul 30, 2016
winner01:
According to the atheists, everything we know of was created.

Well, Except the universe grin

And your god.
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by Weah96: 2:08am On Jul 30, 2016
winner01:
Ouch!! grin
Let me hurt 'em with some more facts and proof.

In a recent study, the Centre de prévention contre les dérives sectaires liées à l'islam (CPDSI) found that 80% of French jihadists were raised in atheist familes. Does atheism leave a dangerous void that makes humans susceptible to embracing harmful ideologies?

Blaise Pascal rightfully wrote: “There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every person which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator.”

Original article: http:///1j4SiBX
Further resources: http:///1NDCSxC

Can you provide a link to the study? Both links you pasted are bad/empty.
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 2:18am On Jul 30, 2016
Lets hear from the horses mouth.

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by Weah96: 2:22am On Jul 30, 2016
Did you guys commit sin today? Do you sin because you are unafraid of your fake Jew creator or because you can recite words to remove the sin from your ledger? I really want to know.

How can you communicate with a creator, verify his creator status, and still be brave enough to commit DAILY crimes while being observed closely by the creator's camera? Either you are telling lies or you are a psychopath who doesn't fear authority, even if the authority figure happens to be the creator of time, space, and matter.

Is that what you're telling me, that you sin daily because you are too weak to keep yourselves away from a blazing fire?

4 Likes

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 2:24am On Jul 30, 2016
Weah96:
Did you guys commit sin today? Do you sin because you are unafraid of your fake Jew creator or because you can recite words to remove the sin from your ledger? I really want to know.

How can you communicate with a creator, verify his creator status, and still be brave enough to commit DAILY crimes while being observed closely by the creator's camera? Either you are telling lies or you are a psychopath who doesn't fear authority, even if the authority figure happens to be the creator of time, space, and matter.

Is that what you're telling me, that you sin daily because you are too weak to keep yourselves away from a blazing fire?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 2:27am On Jul 30, 2016
Atheism and morality

3 Likes

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 2:36am On Jul 30, 2016
Weah96:

Can you provide a link to the study? Both links you pasted are bad/empty.
You are right my friend, the links are bad and empty. My bad.
But hey, cheer up grin. Here is the same report from BBC: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30119868

2 Likes

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 2:40am On Jul 30, 2016
This lady describes my problem with atheism

4 Likes

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 2:55am On Jul 30, 2016
Yeah, i know, they could be annoying.

2 Likes

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by Weah96: 2:59am On Jul 30, 2016
winner01:

You are right my friend, the links are bad and empty. My bad.
But hey, cheer up grin. Here is the same report from BBC: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30119868

What report? You claimed that a study conducted by an organization called CPDSI found a connection between young atheists and radical Islam.

The article didn't mention a CPDSI study neither does it support the claim that atheists are converting to radical Islam.

Where is the link to the study? Where did you read about the study?
Remember your god is supposed to be watching you on camera. He supposedly rewards ALL lies with eternal roasting.

2 Likes

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by Weah96: 3:05am On Jul 30, 2016
You speak to the creator of the universe who has shown you proof that he really did create the universe. This creator tells you that he has cameras everywhere.

But you still commit crimes with the creator watching.?

Why? Do you just like the smell of your own corpse roasting?

2 Likes

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by zzzzy: 7:19am On Jul 30, 2016
This thread would burn those atheists grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 7:20am On Jul 30, 2016
Weah96:

What report? You claimed that a study conducted by an organization called CPDSI found a connection between young atheists and radical Islam.

The article didn't mention a CPDSI study neither does it support the claim that atheists are converting to radical Islam.

Where is the link to the study? Where did you read about the study?
Remember your god is supposed to be watching you on camera. He supposedly rewards ALL lies with eternal roasting.
Nawa oo..

You no see am because you no wan see am grin
And since it is against atheism, its obviously a lie.
Ladies and gentle-men, BBC is now a liar according to weah96 angry

Abi make I screen grab the lie. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by TomHagen: 8:11am On Jul 30, 2016
Hypocrite. Atheists are foolish but you spend more time talking about atheists than your God. How many hours of your day do you spend thinking about atheism?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 8:17am On Jul 30, 2016
TomHagen:
Hypocrite. Atheists are foolish but you spend more time talking about atheists than your God. How many hours of your day do you spend thinking about atheism?
Well, I talk about atheism once in a while.

And I do talk about my God a lot. But that will not be on this section of the forum anymore grin.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Onitsha Catholic Diocese Sanctions Two Priests For Disobedience / Just Like The Biblical Joseph, Have You Ever Turned Down A Sexual Advance? / The Story Of Noah's Ark Is The Most Unbelievable Biblical Story Ever Told

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.