Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,927 members, 7,803,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. (18350 Views)

An Atheist On Judgment Day / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / 13 Interesting Ways To Become An Atheist On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 11:22am On Jul 30, 2016
TomHagen:
That's what I am doing. But you and your folks insist you have the truth and when you are asked for proof, you threaten hell and blame Satan and demons for hardening our minds.
we have never threathened you with hell. If you fear hell, its not our fault.

We do not insist we have the truth, but we come ot share what we have on a RELIGION section.

you said our minds, who are the "our" you're referring to.
You claim to be a deist, is unaccountability that attractive to you?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 11:26am On Jul 30, 2016
realmindz:
U ve spent hours, probably days or weeks or months attacking a set of people u call atheists.

But how many minutes ve u truly spent to understand the religion and God you claim to worship.

If u were asked, wat u spent ur life doing, it's sad that u have wasted a productive portion of your life fighting for the jewish god.

Will u ever grow in wisdom if you continue this way?
is it about fighting to win an argument or taking a break to at least reason.
I'm astonished some are born to be zombied for life

It's most pathetic even after all these attacks, the fallacies, lies, contradictions, delusions of your religion and holy book is still left untouched...
I spend time with God, but it wont be on nairaland.
Im on this section for two things:
To share the testimonies of people and then expose the foolishness of atheism.

I am not fighting for a jewish god, i do not serve a jewish god
My God can fight for himself, im simply exposing atheism.
They are 2 different things.

I reason better than you, its why you cant do without talking about God.

The Holy Bible has been attacked for centuries, it is not even about to die off today.
Deal with that.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by realmindz: 12:02pm On Jul 30, 2016
winner01:
I spend time with God, but it wont be on nairaland.
Im on this section for two things:
To share the testimonies of people and then expose the foolishness of atheism.

I am not fighting for a jewish god, i do not serve a jewish god
My God can fight for himself, im simply exposing atheism.
They are 2 different things.

I reason better than you, its why you cant do without talking about God.

The Holy Bible has been attacked for centuries, it is not even about to die off today.
Deal with that.
I knew exactly wat ur response was going to be and u did not disappoint. u are so old doing this.

Religion and hypocrisy.
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by jiggaz(m): 12:02pm On Jul 30, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

@ enlarged text .. no no no bro .. no bro .... Atheists purport themselves as science loving individuals just to appear intelligent . Atheism has absolutely nothing to do with science - its simply the lack of belief in God . I always say this , from the onset atheists had little or nothing to do with science , they were more concerned with philosophy and political theories . It was all religious people and deists who were hugely involved in science . The greatest minds are either religious or deists . Deists believe in a supernatural creator and reject the religious concepts of this creator
alright bro....
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by realmindz: 12:09pm On Jul 30, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

They say they are in search for the truth and their actions are incongruous with their talk . How can someone be searching for the truth and then fight against possible sources of the truth .
in search for the truths, there are some sources after thorough scrutiny, they needed be ruled out to get closer to the truth.

for example the doctrine of Islam and christianity explanation to the origin of man has failed. Adam and eve mythology, Noah's myths etc
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by realmindz: 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2016
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by realmindz: 12:20pm On Jul 30, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

@ enlarged text .. no no no bro .. no bro .... Atheists purport themselves as science loving individuals just to appear intelligent . Atheism has absolutely nothing to do with science - its simply the lack of belief in God . I always say this , from the onset atheists had little or nothing to do with science , they were more concerned with philosophy and political theories . It was all religious people and deists who were hugely involved in science . The greatest minds are either religious or deists . Deists believe in a supernatural creator and reject the religious concepts of this creator

I am not ruling out the possibility that there is God, but the God people preach is based on individual understanding and indoctrination, dependent on culture as different cultures have their different myths of God.

moreover, the Christian and Islamic god cannot be the true God of the universe, he was as tribal as any other gods.

The concept is just sick, love me/worship me/ obey me burn in hell till eternity, loving god having a people he called his people, god of all commaning a people not to relate with some other people, a jealous god competing for wat? genocidal, wicked, filled with hate, and humans were even sacrificed to him like other evil gods? etc

Secondly the bible's account is just a jewish myth just like any other myths, but u religious folks are just too indoctrinated too think and see the flaws of your religion.

you guys sud research how christianity was established and u shall weep for that religion

1 Like

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by Anas09: 12:24pm On Jul 30, 2016
winner01:
I want to believe atheists dont read as much as christians do, cos their posts reeks of intellectuals repression.
Especially the NL atheists. They just depend on what the other dafts say.

1 Like

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by TomHagen: 12:24pm On Jul 30, 2016
winner01:

we have never threathened you with hell. If you fear hell, its not our fault.

We do not insist we have the truth, but we come ot share what we have on a RELIGION section.

you said our minds, who are the "our" you're referring to.
You claim to be a deist, is unaccountability that attractive to you?
You want to share what you have while accusing others of demonic influence when they attempt to share their right?.....I have not claimed deism and as regards accountabilty, don't you think that the punishment should fit the crime?
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 30, 2016
See groove for here. Lazy Saturday no gree me enrol for this thread on time.

Anyways better late than never. Winner01 you da man!

May God bless and bless you in Boeing 747 loads in Jesus name

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by Anas09: 12:28pm On Jul 30, 2016
winner01:
Yes oo my sister.

Btw, i like your first post. its quite revealing. grin
Catholicism has always had an agenda.
Thank you sir. I pray for my folk in Catholic. These people are doomed. All of them feel free to consult other powers because Catholicism offers no spiritually. Ask a Catholic the difference between Spirituality and Spiritualism, they will tell u it's the same thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by Anas09: 12:30pm On Jul 30, 2016
Weah96:

Responding? Did the OP ask a question?
Oh Weah96. You shouldn't have shown your face here to sound so lame. Ifeness and his likes have hidden their faces, but you had to show your fave even wen u have nothing to say. undecided
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by Anas09: 12:31pm On Jul 30, 2016
TomHagen:
Yimu
Go on, move.
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 30, 2016
Anas09:

Oh Weah96. You shouldn't have shown your face here to sound so lame. Ifeness and his likes have hidden their faces, but you had to show your fave even wen u have nothing to say. undecided

Weah96 is a wimpy Atheist who is afraid his mummy and daddy would find out he is an atheist so he hides on NL to trash talk around.

He also claimed to believe in God too . So I rate him as delutional. He is already tamed.
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by Weah96: 1:02pm On Jul 30, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Weah96 is a wimpy Atheist who is afraid his mummy and daddy would find out he is an atheist so he hides on NL to trash talk around.

He also claimed to believe in God too . So I rate him as delutional. He is already tamed.

3 Likes

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by Strawman: 1:09pm On Jul 30, 2016
winner01:
Strawman na their middle name grin grin

Lol guy nau cheesy
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 30, 2016
Weah96:

Lmao since you are not sure of my leaning why post your confused mind via a meme. You should have typed the words with your own hands abi u dey fear me too as you dey fear mummy and daddy?

WW96 aka Wimpy Weah96

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 1:27pm On Jul 30, 2016
Strawman:

Lol guy nau cheesy
Abeg ooo.
My guy.

No vex abeg. grin

ole love bro grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 1:30pm On Jul 30, 2016
realmindz:

I knew exactly wat ur response was going to be and u did not disappoint. u are so old doing this.

Religion and hypocrisy.
Ill keep on doing it here my brother. grin
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 1:31pm On Jul 30, 2016
Anas09:

Especially the NL atheists. They just depend on what the other dafts say.
Im telling you. Its so annoying.
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 1:34pm On Jul 30, 2016
TomHagen:
You want to share what you have while accusing others of demonic influence when they attempt to share their right?.....I have not claimed deism and as regards accountabilty, don't you think that the punishment should fit the crime?
I do not acuse people of anything. But I know certainly that atheists are not here to share their belief in God or higher powers.

I do think punishment should fit the crime. But what I think does not matter. What God has said is whats important.
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 1:36pm On Jul 30, 2016
naijadeyhia:
See groove for here. Lazy Saturday no gree me enrol for this thread on time.

Anyways better late than never. Winner01 you da man!

May God bless and bless you in Boeing 747 loads in Jesus name
Lol grin
I claim it my brother
In Jesus name.
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by KingEbukaNaija: 1:36pm On Jul 30, 2016
Strawman:

Lol guy nau cheesy

lmaoooooooo . You must have gotten so many mentions grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin .

Blame it on the atheist wink

2 Likes

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by hopefulLandlord: 1:48pm On Jul 30, 2016
jiggaz:
grin I keep on saying it!! NAIRALAND ATHEISTS ARE NOT REAL ATHEISTS!! THEY ARE DESPERATE WANNABES WHO ARE ANGRY AT GOD!! Lmaoo!!!

Real atheists in America or Europe are not really bothered about God cos they believe He doesn't exist.... but fast forward it to Nigeria and u find these funny folks on Nairaland claiming atheists yet they sleep on Nairaland and wanto die on top Christianity & Jesus matter!! grin and i was like nawa oo.... shey una say God doesn't exist? Lmaooo!!! grin Real Atheists supposed to be very active on SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY SECTION but no, the fake Nairaland atheists who are just angry at God out of ignorance are here dragging religious section with us Christians!!! grin

All ye Nairaland so-called atheists are just a bunch of jokers... You said that God does not exist yet you always talk about the non existent God everyday!! grin which kain ting be dis...... Abeg make una pick one struggle......

Its either you are an atheist or not.... don't stand on the fence . . PICK A STRUGGLE BRO!!!!

Seriously? Have you been on reddit? 9gag? etc

No dey fall your hand na
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by KingEbukaNaija: 2:07pm On Jul 30, 2016
realmindz:

I am not ruling out the possibility that there is God, but the God people preach is based on individual understanding and indoctrination, dependent on culture as different cultures have their different myths of God.

moreover, the Christian and Islamic god cannot be the true God of the universe, he was as tribal as any other gods.

The concept is just sick, love me/worship me/ obey me burn in hell till eternity, loving god having a people he called his people, god of all commaning a people not to relate with some other people, a jealous god competing for wat? genocidal, wicked, filled with hate, and humans were even sacrificed to him like other evil gods? etc

Secondly the bible's account is just a jewish myth just like any other myths, but u religious folks are just too indoctrinated too think and see the flaws of your religion.

you guys sud research how christianity was established and u shall weep for that religion

ok
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by TomHagen: 2:08pm On Jul 30, 2016
winner01:
I do not acuse people of anything. But I know certainly that atheists are not here to share their belief in God or higher powers.

I do think punishment should fit the crime. But what I think does not matter. What God has said is whats important.
I was expecting you say this. Except that you have no way of proving that God said that.
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

No dey fall your hand na

Are you an Atheist? If yes, pick the category you belong below;
[b]
1) Intellectual atheist/agnostic

This type of nonbeliever seeks information and intellectual stimulation about atheism.

They like debating and arguing, particularly on popular Internet sites.

They’re also well-versed in books and articles about religion and atheism, and prone to citing those works frequently.

2) Activist

These kinds of atheists and agnostics are not content with just disbelieving in God; they want to tell others why they reject religion and why society would be better off if we all did likewise.

They tend to be vocal about political causes like gay rights, feminism, the environment and the care of animals.

3) Seeker-agnostic

This group is made up of people who are unsure about the existence of a God but keep an open mind and recognize the limits of human knowledge and experience.

They are the people who regularly question their own beliefs and “do not hold a firm ideological position.”

That doesn’t mean this group is confused, they just embrace uncertainty.

4) Anti-theist

This group regularly speaks out against religion and religious beliefs, usually by positioning themselves as “diametrically opposed to religious ideology,”.

“Anti-theists view religion as ignorance and see any individual or institution associated with it as backward and socially detrimental,” the researchers wrote. “The Anti-Theist has a clear and – in their view, superior – understanding of the limitations and danger of religions.”

Anti-theists are outspoken, devoted and – at times – confrontational about their disbelief. They believe that “obvious fallacies in religion and belief should be aggressively addressed in some form or another.”

5) Non-theist

The smallest group among the six are the non-theists, people who do not involve themselves with either religion or anti-religion.

In many cases, this comes across as apathy or disinterest.

“A Non-Theist simply does not concern him or herself with religion,“Religion plays no role or issue in one’s consciousness or worldview; nor does a Non- Theist have concern for the atheist or agnostic movement.”

“They simply do not believe, and in the same right, their absence of faith means the absence of anything religion in any form from their mental space.”

6) Ritual atheist

They don’t believe in God, they don’t associate with religion, and they tend to believe there is no afterlife, but the sixth type of nonbeliever still finds useful the teachings of some religious traditions.

“They see these as more or less philosophical teachings of how to live life and achieve happiness than a path to transcendental liberation, “For example, these individuals may participate in specific rituals, ceremonies, musical opportunities, meditation, yoga classes, or holiday traditions.”

For many of these nonbelievers, their adherence to ritual may stem from family traditions. For others, its a personal connection to, or respect for, the “profound symbolism” inherent within religious rituals, beliefs and ceremonies.

So Mr Hopefullandlord which one are you[/b]?

Winner01 watch his response.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 2:14pm On Jul 30, 2016
naijadeyhia:

[b]

This type of nonbeliever seeks information and intellectual stimulation about atheism.

They’re also well-versed in books and articles about religion and atheism, and prone to citing those works frequently.

2) Activist

These kinds of atheists and agnostics are not content with just disbelieving in God; they want to tell others why they reject religion and why society would be better off if we all did likewise.

They tend to be vocal about political causes like gay rights, feminism, the environment and the care of animals.

3) Seeker-agnostic

This group is made up of people who are unsure about the existence of a God but keep an open mind and recognize the limits of human knowledge and experience.

They are the people who regularly question their own beliefs and “do not hold a firm ideological position.”

4) Anti-theist

This group regularly speaks out against religion and religious beliefs, usually by positioning themselves as “diametrically opposed to religious ideology,”.

“Anti-theists view religion as ignorance and see any individual or institution associated with it as backward and socially detrimental,” the researchers wrote. “The Anti-Theist has a clear and – in their view, superior – understanding of the limitations and danger of religions.”

Anti-theists are outspoken, devoted and – at times – confrontational about their disbelief. They believe that “obvious fallacies in religion and belief should be aggressively addressed in some form or another.”

5) Non-theist

The smallest group among the six are the non-theists, people who do not involve themselves with either religion or anti-religion.

“A Non-Theist simply does not concern him or herself with religion,“Religion plays no role or issue in one’s consciousness or worldview; nor does a Non- Theist have concern for the atheist or agnostic movement.”

“They simply do not believe, and in the same right, their absence of faith means the absence of anything religion in any form from their mental space.”

6) Ritual atheist

They don’t believe in God, they don’t associate with religion, and they tend to believe there is no afterlife, but the sixth type of nonbeliever still finds useful the teachings of some religious traditions.

“They see these as more or less philosophical teachings of how to live life and achieve happiness than a path to transcendental liberation, “For example, these individuals may participate in specific rituals, ceremonies, musical opportunities, meditation, yoga classes, or holiday traditions.”

For many of these nonbelievers, their adherence to ritual may stem from family traditions. For others, its a personal connection to, or respect for, the “profound symbolism” inherent within religious rituals, beliefs and ceremonies.

Lol.
I dey wait am grin
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by Anas09: 2:17pm On Jul 30, 2016
naijadeyhia:

O yea? He also believes in God? O wow.
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by hopefulLandlord: 2:17pm On Jul 30, 2016
naijadeyhia:

[b]

2) Activist

3) Seeker-agnostic

4) Anti-theist

5) Non-theist

6) Ritual atheist

I've made it a point to ignore you from yesterdays evening on, you ALWAYS pass insults and I won't keep up with you on that

Just passing the message across, kindly get it straight

Even the "King of Trolls" carries conversations better
Don't take this as a personal attack, please don't

If there's anyone else interested in my answer to the question, kindly copy paste it and I promise to answer

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 2:18pm On Jul 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

No dey fall your hand na
Ive been to reddit severally and ive spent a very long time there.
Trying to look for what can shake my faith. But its a shame. 80% of their threads are anti christian and lack content.
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 2:19pm On Jul 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I've made it a point to ignore you from yesterdays evening on, you ALWAYS pass insults and I won't keep up with you on that

Just passing the message across, kindly get it straight

Even the "King of Trolls" carries conversations better
Don't take this as a personal attack, please don't

If there's anyone else interested in my answer to the question, kindly copy paste it and I promise to answer
You dont have an answer do yhu? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Onitsha Catholic Diocese Sanctions Two Priests For Disobedience / The Story Of Noah's Ark Is The Most Unbelievable Biblical Story Ever Told / What if Hell, Jesus and God Never Existed, will you regret being a Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.