Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Throttle Failure: How To Remedy??? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Throttle Failure: How To Remedy??? (678 Views)

Driver Calls 911 While Going 100mph After His BMW X5's Throttle Gets Stuck / Throttle Sensor Always Getting Bad / Mercedes Benz C230 Poor Acceleration And Throttle Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throttle Failure: How To Remedy??? by castrokins(m): 1:14am On Jul 30, 2016
Hi Guys. I Was Returning Home From Friday Night When My Accelerator Failed. I Drive A VW Beetle. How Do I Possibly Restore And Take It Home Before Mechanic Takes A Good Look At It. Am Hoping To Pass The Night In The Car By Road Side (last resort), Given Am Far Away From Home
Re: Throttle Failure: How To Remedy??? by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:02am On Jul 30, 2016
castrokins:
Hi Guys. I Was Returning Home From Friday Night When My Accelerator Failed. I Drive A VW Beetle. How Do I Possibly Restore And Take It Home Before Mechanic Takes A Good Look At It. Am Hoping To Pass The Night In The Car By Road Side (last resort), Given Am Far Away From Home

If it is the 1970 model, just tie a rope to the butterfly (on carburetor) where the cable connects, stretch all the way to the driver cabin 1 hand to steer, the other hand to throttle angle. grin

If it is the fuel injected model, remove batt (wait 5mins) put it back start car and try again. If it still does not work, scan vehicle
Re: Throttle Failure: How To Remedy??? by castrokins(m): 9:10am On Jul 30, 2016
Lol

Bros, Na 2000 Model O. The Cable Pulled Off And I Eventually Passed The Night The Road Side Till This Morning When I Brought Someone To Restore It. Trying To Sleep In A Proper Bed Now. Very Tayad!!!

GAZZUZZ:

If it is the 1970 model, just tie a rope to the butterfly (on carburetor) where the cable connects, stretch all the way to the driver cabin 1 hand to steer, the other hand to throttle angle. grin

If it is the fuel injected model, remove batt (wait 5mins) put it back start car and try again. If it still does not work, scan vehicle
Re: Throttle Failure: How To Remedy??? by fortunejum: 11:20am On Jul 30, 2016
I am sorry my brother. Such is life. My car disappointed me on the road one day ,I wept.

(1) (Reply)

Happy Holidays. Car Diagnostic Tools Available To Help You Save Money / Car Scanner Price N7000 Pay On Delivery Nationwide / Where To Get A Lease On That Car You Are About To Purchase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.