Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,515 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Rep Members Say No For External Probe Of Dogara, Others- Daily Trust - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rep Members Say No For External Probe Of Dogara, Others- Daily Trust (809 Views)

What Tinubu Told Senators, Rep Members In Lagos Meeting / Budget Padding: Jibrin Releases Documents, Implicates More Rep Members [see Full / Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rep Members Say No For External Probe Of Dogara, Others- Daily Trust by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:23am On Jul 30, 2016
.........says Jibrin highjacked budget process

Members of the House of Reps Committee on Appropriation said yesterday that there was no breach whatsoever in the 2016 budget process that would warrant the probe of Speaker Yakubu Dogara, his deputy Yussuf Suleimon Lasun, chief whip, Alhassan Ado Doguwa and minority leader, Leo Ogor. Addressing a press conference yesterday in Abuja, deputy chairman of the committee, Rep Chris Emeka Azubogu (PDP, Anambra), who was accompanied by eight other members of the committee, said the allegations levelled against the quartet by the former chairman of the committee, Abdulmumin Jibrin, were all lies.

A new group in the House known as ‘Transparency Group’ comprising of over 100 members, had on Wednesday called for an external probe into the matter and that anybody found wanting should be punished. But the appropriation committee members insisted that there was no need for that.

Jibrin had following his sack last week alleged that Dogara and the other three leaders tried to force him to insert projects worth N40 billion for them in the budget, among other weighty allegations.
However, the lawmakers said they were dismayed and disappointed by Jibrin’s conduct and allegations since his removal, saying he was the one who perpetrated all the irregularities in the budget.

They also alleged that Jibrin “hijacked” the budget process and single-handedly ran away from them only to return after weeks with a report on the budget. “We wish to state that we totally disassociate ourselves from all the calculated plot to pull down the integrity of the leadership and members of the 8th House of Representatives.”

They said following Jibrin’s action of “hijacking” the budget, they approached the Speaker with complaints and demanded the former chairman’s sack.

While calling on Jibrin to tow the path of honour and conduct himself in a manner befitting of a lawmaker, the legislators said they were “solidly in support of Mr Speaker, Rt. Hon. Yakubu Dogara and other principal officers of the House of Reps.”

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/2016/07/rep-say-no-external-probe-dogara-others/

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: Rep Members Say No For External Probe Of Dogara, Others- Daily Trust by policy12: 5:37am On Jul 30, 2016
It's all about their pockets bunch of thieves.
Instead of legislating they are legislooting,
Instead of making bills for naija they are making wills for their generation.

I pity an average naija who kill themselves coz of these looters, bcoz when it comes to budget padding, or money sharing they don't av parties, they speak one language,they are all united, no ethnicity,no tribe,no religion and no sectionaliasm.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rep Members Say No For External Probe Of Dogara, Others- Daily Trust by Raddie(m): 5:41am On Jul 30, 2016
Before I comment - SOURCE PLS

Meanwhile se e ya were?
Re: Rep Members Say No For External Probe Of Dogara, Others- Daily Trust by boolee(m): 5:43am On Jul 30, 2016
They all are Hounourable thieves. unfortunately, they claim to be representing the poor masses.

One thing I know for sure is, if Nigerians doesn't kill corruption, then, corruption will kill Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Rep Members Say No For External Probe Of Dogara, Others- Daily Trust by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:44am On Jul 30, 2016
Raddie:
Before I comment - SOURCE PLS
Meanwhile se e ya were?
oga it will please us of u can minimize this versed of land u acquired without C of O, it is too early to start been mischievous. Thanks

source added
Re: Rep Members Say No For External Probe Of Dogara, Others- Daily Trust by nonjebose(m): 5:54am On Jul 30, 2016
Legislooters camaraderie. Let us confirm your side of the story by investigating the matter. You don't want the investigation because of cover ups.
Re: Rep Members Say No For External Probe Of Dogara, Others- Daily Trust by nnachukz(m): 6:09am On Jul 30, 2016
They should allow external agency to probe them. Why are they against it if they know they have nothing to hide or that Jibril is lying. With this action of shielding Dogara I have this feeling that Jibril is saying the truth.

1 Like

Re: Rep Members Say No For External Probe Of Dogara, Others- Daily Trust by khadaffi(m): 6:16am On Jul 30, 2016
By external agency, what do we mean? Are we saying they should be investigated by the police or EFCC because this will be wrong as both agencies are under the executive.
Re: Rep Members Say No For External Probe Of Dogara, Others- Daily Trust by IstandWitBuhari: 6:23am On Jul 30, 2016
I used to respect this Dogaro of a man but since this budget padding thing was exposed,I lost every bit of respect for him.
Honorable thieves

1 Like

Re: Rep Members Say No For External Probe Of Dogara, Others- Daily Trust by Onix01: 6:36am On Jul 30, 2016
Re: Rep Members Say No For External Probe Of Dogara, Others- Daily Trust by ChappyChase: 6:41am On Jul 30, 2016
Our corrupt polithiefcian!!!
Re: Rep Members Say No For External Probe Of Dogara, Others- Daily Trust by Godjone(m): 7:00am On Jul 30, 2016
house of thievery-senti-thieves
Re: Rep Members Say No For External Probe Of Dogara, Others- Daily Trust by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 30, 2016
Just like in the days of PDP, it's a 'family affair'.
I watched the press conference on Channels last night, and I must say I feel alot of pity for the Igbos. Dogara needed someone to do a dirty job and he turned to an Igbo man who is known as the easiest to sway once brown envelopes are involved.
Azubogu literally lied through his teeth throughout the press conference, I just kept shaking my head.
Nwanyi, Our Biafra struggle is dead already cos we're the ones who would sell out ourselves.
Re: Rep Members Say No For External Probe Of Dogara, Others- Daily Trust by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 30, 2016
On the other hand, this exactly is the point of Saraki.The Executive agencies including the AGF should allow the Senate handle their own matter themselves. Patiently watching what Bubu's reaction would be, this is a daylight trap for him to fall into. Either he compromises his anti-corruption fight by not getting involved or he gives Dogara the Saraki treatment for the sake of equity.
We know how this would play out already, EFCC would come out to say they have received no petition, Police would say they have found no incriminating evidence, AGF would say the matter is purely a legislative issue and not bothering on criminality
Re: Rep Members Say No For External Probe Of Dogara, Others- Daily Trust by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 30, 2016
Bunch of thieving Rogues. May God inflict your generations with leprosy whether APC or PDP angry
Re: Rep Members Say No For External Probe Of Dogara, Others- Daily Trust by lovedatruth(m): 7:54am On Jul 30, 2016
At least I'm happy for one thing, PMB has been vindicated on the buget rejection, due to detection of padding. First ever presdient to detect what has been going on for decades, even, the so called phd holder couldn't detect it. So, WHO IS THE DULLARD?
Re: Rep Members Say No For External Probe Of Dogara, Others- Daily Trust by wowmenow: 7:56am On Jul 30, 2016
I see buhari hand in Parliament crisis
Re: Rep Members Say No For External Probe Of Dogara, Others- Daily Trust by Flyingngel(m): 8:09am On Jul 30, 2016
Y am happy is that all of them will not come back in 2019, so let them not probe. They will not b happy that opportunity presented itself to strengthen Democratic process when they were there but they didn't. Bunch of selfish people.

(1) (Reply)

Fashola: Seeds Of Recession Planted Between 2013 And 2014 / High Death Tolls Among Soldiers: Nigeria Military Getting Unprofessional? / President Buhari Receives Newly Confirmed IGP, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.