Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account (22996 Views)

Mayowa Ahmed Of #SaveMayowa Is Dead / Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa / Photos Of Mayowa Ahmed At Lagos Hospital (LUTH) Amid Scam Controversy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by midolian(m): 5:52am On Jul 30, 2016

…fundraiser accuses family of fraud
The controversial Save Mayowa Campaign has added a new twist after the Founder of Lifestake Foundation, Aramide Kasumu, who was involved in the fundraising, alleged that the family of the ailing Mayowa Ahmed lied that only N30m had been raised while the correct amount was N85m.

The campaign was initiated to raise funds for surgery in a foreign hospital for Mayowa, who is suffering from ovarian cancer, but there have been allegations that the patient’s family was using her condition to defraud members of the public.

Kasumu, in a video posted online on Friday, appeared to have confirmed the allegations when she accused Mayowa’s family members of lying about the amount that had been raised for the patient.

She also accused the family members of attempting to shut out people involved in the fundraising and giving conflicting information about Mayowa’s situation and the hospital they intend to take her for treatment.

“The brother came to the public to say they raised N30m when in actual fact, they raised N85m,” she said in the footage.

“They came and said they had a visa when they didn’t have a visa; they solicited for funds to go to America but now they are saying they are going to Dubai. A lot of things were not adding up and they were not being straightforward. We were saying ‘why are you guys not being straightforward?’ What is our plan?

“And I was like, some things are not adding up here. I need to know what is going on and my concern is: I need to know if they are actually going to get Mayowa treated, that they are not just trying to take advantage of her situation which is my fight because you got me involved.

“People are asking me questions, I cannot answer. I sent Mayowa messages, she wasn’t responding. I called her phones; nobody was explaining anything to me. I said I need answers so that when people ask me, I can answer.”

Kasumu said that the police had taken over the matter to ensure transparency.

In a related development, the Lagos State Police Command has frozen the controversial bank account opened to raise money for Mayowa pending when investigation into allegations of fraud is concluded.

A statement from the Police Public Relations Officer, Dolapo Badmos, on Friday said the state police commissioner, Fatai Owoseni, “directed full investigation into the report that the ‘Save Mayowa Campaign’ is a fraud” and that the report of the investigation will be made public.

The statement said that Kasumu, and two members of Ahmed family – Mr. Iwaloye Seun and Mrs. Zaneen Ahmed – had earlier been invited to the command’s headquarters for questioning.

It said in part, “…subsequently, the command has placed a red alert on the bank account opened in the name of Mayowa as it has been frozen while effort is ongoing to contact the managers of Gofundme online account so as to ensure funds raised through that platform is not fraudulently diverted.

“Investigation will be extended to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi-Araba, where the patient is currently undergoing treatment.

The allegations surrounding the case are that doctors at LUTH had told the Ahmed family that Mayowa’s ailment had reached a terminal stage and therefore could not be treated, but that the family had continued to raise money in spite of that.

http://punchng.com/savemayowa-crisis-gets-messier-police-freeze-account/
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by eph12(m): 6:01am On Jul 30, 2016
Is there anything we can do right in this country?

8 Likes

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by midolian(m): 6:04am On Jul 30, 2016
Helping a Nigerian these days is more difficult than grasping a shadow...An average Nigerian sees every situation as an opportunity to exploit people. Tell 3people from different countries the world will come to an end tomorrow, one of them will only think of selling all his properties(probably to have enough money to spend in the hereafter)...This one person must be the Nigerian. Its this bad!

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by nonjebose(m): 6:42am On Jul 30, 2016
It is unfortunate that people with similar cases in future may not get this kind of support from the public

18 Likes

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by IamQuins: 12:52pm On Jul 30, 2016
Wow! Police don hammer, free money for the force coz the Nigerian police I know will never release this money and if they do trust me it won't be complete.

8 Likes

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by justi4jesu(f): 12:53pm On Jul 30, 2016
Sad news...I'm not surprised.. undecided undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 30, 2016
I support the government on this. Let the arrangement be made directly (if necessary) between the Lagos and Dubai hospitals for her treatment.

Its obvious her greedy family members prefer the money to her life in the first place.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by iamauxin(m): 12:54pm On Jul 30, 2016
DJ, pls play Lil Kesh's song "Gbese" as I watch the drama unfold...

1 Like

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by kingjaja23(m): 12:55pm On Jul 30, 2016
Just when I almost had hope in Nigeria. Sad!

1 Like

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by IamQuins: 12:55pm On Jul 30, 2016
eph12:
Is there anything we can do right in this country?

Yes, stealing. That's our specialty

4 Likes

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by Desdola(m): 12:56pm On Jul 30, 2016
Don't know whom to believe but we want the truth to be revealed
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by BABANGBALI: 12:56pm On Jul 30, 2016
I just hope no be dis controversy dem go take kill dis girl and share the money made on her behalf. Toyin aimakhu is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch and I hate her.

1 Like

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 30, 2016
Good move by the police. Following the rebuttal by LUTH, this is just the logical thing to do.
Let's not sentimentalize this matter, obtaining money under false pretense is a criminal offence. Those found complicit should be brought to book.
The dude above me though, hate em or love em, haters always gonna hate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by Griffin01: 12:57pm On Jul 30, 2016
midolian:
Helping a Nigerian these days is more difficult than grasping a shadow...An average Nigerian sees every situation as an opportunity to exploit people. Tell 3people from different countries the world will come to an end tomorrow, one of them will only think of selling all his properties(probably to have enough money to spend in the hereafter)...This one person must be the Nigerian. Its this bad!

Real sad. Exploits, Bias, sentiments.... All these and manu more exists even in the minutest collection of Nigerian individuals or acts of goodwill.

1 Like

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by weselomo(m): 12:58pm On Jul 30, 2016
Hunmmmmm
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by shortgun(m): 12:59pm On Jul 30, 2016
only came here to check names....its d sophisticated ones again.
had it been this case involved igbos , it would've hit 12 pages by now

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by boboLIL(m): 12:59pm On Jul 30, 2016
end time family
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by teasel: 12:59pm On Jul 30, 2016
Congrats to Toyin and Aramide for spreading lies because of their greed. This is their fault!
The NPF is corrupt and doesn't care about human life. After all, they're responsible for most murders in Nigeria.
I really hope that poor girl will be fine.
If anything happens to Mayowa, her blood will be on Toyin and Aramide's hands.
Rubbish!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by BABANGBALI: 1:00pm On Jul 30, 2016
Teensway:
I know of a tribe in south west. It's name start with Y and end with A, you can find the word ROBBER among the pronunciation.
you no even fit write the name of the tribe. You are a coward just like una leader Ojukwu that ran away and abandoned his people.

Write the name of the tribe if na your papa born you and not his landlord

13 Likes

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by funmilade4real(m): 1:01pm On Jul 30, 2016
Teensway:
I know of a tribe in south west. It's name start with Y and end with A, you can find the word ROBBER among the pronunciation.

If not that my pretty and intelligent wife is from South East,I would say all Ibos are gullible and myopic. I know some are... and U are one of em

Atoko wa ba le je

5 Likes

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by qualityovenbake(m): 1:01pm On Jul 30, 2016
This saga keeps getting messy each day.
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 30, 2016
nonjebose:
It is unfortunate that people with similar cases in future may not get this kind of support from the public
If they come out genuinely, they would indeed get help. This case is an eye opener for Nigerians, we should seek to know what our monies would be used for and the prognosis of the condition via an authentic Medical Report . Instead of being sheepishly sentimental.

2 Likes

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by funmilade4real(m): 1:02pm On Jul 30, 2016
IamQuins:

Our? undecided[quote author=IamQuins post=48025590]
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by funmilade4real(m): 1:02pm On Jul 30, 2016
IamQuins:

You also steal?
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 30, 2016
undecided
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by lonelydora: 1:03pm On Jul 30, 2016
This girl should just ask the Doctor to euthanize her. I guess she's not in the know of all this? Because it will add to her trauma. Which kind wahala be this?

God let your will be done in her life.

1 Like

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by cirmuell(m): 1:04pm On Jul 30, 2016
Punch only reapeated what we've been reading for the past few days. Nothing new here

1 Like

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by Beremx(f): 1:04pm On Jul 30, 2016
If they raised 85million, na dia luck na!
Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by funmilade4real(m): 1:04pm On Jul 30, 2016
IamQuins:

Re: Mayowa Ahmed: Police Freeze Account by joey150(m): 1:07pm On Jul 30, 2016
Really... 85 million?? That fast?? And children in idp camps starve to death and suffer from kwashiokor.

The money large.. How did they raise that much? Ordinary Nigerians would never have raised 85million in such a short time..

Oh well..
Just passing bye. Visit my signature

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Orthopaedic Hospital Seizes Corpse, Islamic Family Kicks (photo) / UK Licenses 91 Nigerian Doctors In 15 Days / Mentally Challenged Woman Wanders Away After Giving Birth To Bouncing Baby. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.