Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,278 members, 7,780,636 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:16 PM

Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi (23165 Views)

Governor El-Rufai Squatting To Greet Tinubu (Photo) / My Ministers Are ‘incompetent’ – Buhari Opens Up / ''some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja''-rotimi Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi by iflywithbuhari(f): 10:22am On Jul 30, 2016
Ministers squatting in Abuja; Buhari would sack me if I was corrupt – Amaechi

The Minister of Transport, Rotimi Amaechi, has disclosed that some of his colleagues in the federal cabinet are currently squatting in Abuja.
He spoke in an interview with Osasu Igbinedion, on The Osasu Show.

“Listen to me; do you know that ministers, as we are talking now, some of them are squatting? We are living in conditions equal to that of most Nigerians,” the former Rivers Governor said.

Commenting on the rail line recently commissioned, Amaechi said the project would ease accommodation challenges facing those who cannot afford the high rent charged in Abuja.

His words: “For those who don’t have houses, they’re able to rent houses at a cheap cost in Kaduna as against that of Abuja. It also impacts the savings; you have disposable income in your hand. It also impacts on agriculture, agricultural produce, you can transport easily and it will impact on cost of production because at that point, you’re able to move the cargo at a cheaper cost.

“And then whatever comes out of production, will be sold to the people at a cheaper cost. So basically, it has economic importance that would at the end of the day, impact on the socio-economic entities of Kaduna and Abuja.”

On allegations that he is corrupt and calls on President Muhammadu Buhari to sack him on that basis, Amaechi responded: “You know I have said I several times, if I was to be the governor, and I have evidence against them, I would go to court.

“Okay, I’m at the court of appeal as former governor and I said ‘can I see the report that says I was indebted’? Till today, they’re not able to produce the report so the case is not able to go on because judges of the court of appeal say ‘we can’t go on except we see the documents to base our judgment on’.

“Till today, Rivers State government is not able to produce the document. So if a man is corrupt, don’t go to radio and TV, produce the evidence.

“No Nigerian is thinking about it; oh Buhari should sack Governor Amaechi he’s corrupt, provide it, he doesn’t need to sack me. What will sack me is to provide the evidence in court; the president will have no choice but to relieve me of my position.”

Amaechi, who refused to answer a question regarding his publicized truce with the Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, also spoke on political crisis in his home state.

“I served as governor for eight years. Let one person come forward and say Amaechi supervised the killing of somebody or hired political thugs to go and kill somebody or hired political thugs to disrupt a meeting,” Amaechi said.

“From when I started politics in 1987 till now, I’m looking for the person. In all these madness going on in Rivers State, have you read anywhere in the newspaper where my name is mentioned about killings?

“First, I’m a Christian, I believe that only God can create human beings and if you take life, it is irreplaceable and there is no justification, whether political or religious or anything that can make you take life. If you do that, first, the law should come after you, secondly, your God should judge you.”

http://www.dailypost.ng/2016/07/30/ministers-squatting-abuja-buhari-sack-corrupt-amaechi/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi by Sunofgod(m): 10:23am On Jul 30, 2016
Amaechi - shattap b4 I kick you in the head.

[img]http://c2.nuttit.com/Cache/GetImage?id=EF23uHd.jpg[/img]

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi by iflywithbuhari(f): 10:28am On Jul 30, 2016
Una try. We will give you a national medal

3 Likes

Re: Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi by AngryNigerian(m): 10:31am On Jul 30, 2016
Rat-Timi, can we hia something, plssss! Arghhh!

All the billions you stole can't get you a good house? Then come & take mine...

34 Likes

Re: Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi by general111(m): 10:36am On Jul 30, 2016
So ministers should not live in the same condition with most Nigerians?this is actually coming from a leader.no wonder our leaders don't even understand what the masses are going through..

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi by oganology33(m): 11:05am On Jul 30, 2016
Amaechi that puppeteered the River State HOA 2 build a house in Abuja 4 evry Rivers Governor starting from him. Plus Billions of looted funds & Security votes is talking abt 'WE' & squatting.

One thing APC Nigeria has made me realise is that the Devil is no longer the World Best @ Hypocrisy & Deceit.

43 Likes

Re: Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi by rayblast(m): 11:06am On Jul 30, 2016
Name any of d ministers who is not a billionaire. Stop dis Nollywood scripted movie abeg

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi by CHIJIOKE1314: 11:08am On Jul 30, 2016
Be grateful they have where to squat...most Nigerians are leaving out in the bush nowadays..

8 Likes

Re: Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi by Almajiri1: 11:09am On Jul 30, 2016
Ameachi is a big boy who can afford to accommodate his squatting colleagues in some of his choice properties in Abuja and environs.

5 Likes

Re: Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi by Sharon6(f): 12:16pm On Jul 30, 2016
We hear

PLEASE CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi by omolola15(m): 12:16pm On Jul 30, 2016
Let them continue squatting na. Many Nigerians are also squatting. It's not a big deal jare. Let them just do their work and move this country forward lobatan. Chief wailer happney65 abi wetin you think.

On the issue of corruption, woke should stop talking and do something. If you have anything to proof against him please do. If efcc no gree hear you then publish it in the center page of newspapers for us to see. We just keep hearing amaechi is corrupt without evidence.
I believe this country can be better if we have good leaders that don't think of their pockets alone. Because no politician is a saint. I don't trust any of them.

God bless Nigeria
God bless me and God bless the president

4 Likes

Re: Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi by emeka2847: 12:17pm On Jul 30, 2016
Squatting get levels

4 Likes

Re: Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi by passionate88: 12:18pm On Jul 30, 2016
Wash.

4 Likes

Re: Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi by Exponental(m): 12:18pm On Jul 30, 2016
No house? Make dem go rent na! or better still use your private houses after all you collect housing allowance.
Re: Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi by alphamodel1(m): 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2016
Amaechi should shut up!!

11 Likes

Re: Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi by willibounce1(m): 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2016
Bros Amaechi Pls stop lying. We all know our ministers are rich enough to own more than 2 houses in abuja. So if they like, let them sleep under the bridge or on the express.

15 Likes

Re: Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2016
Ameachi thinks all Nigerians are Zombies

11 Likes

Re: Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi by Emmaesty(f): 12:20pm On Jul 30, 2016
Lies from the pit of hell

10 Likes

Re: Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi by shamecurls(m): 12:20pm On Jul 30, 2016
God bless The Great Lion of Ubima Rt. Hon. Rotimi Chibuike Ameachi

The Dogged Technocrat that highhandedly hoisted GEJ from power

More grease to your elbow sir

History will never forget the stance you stood for.......

10 Likes

Re: Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi by Dottore: 12:20pm On Jul 30, 2016
Ok
Re: Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi by Ikwokrikwo: 12:21pm On Jul 30, 2016
Are you one of them? You are staying in your Abuja mansion built by Rivers funds.

11 Likes

Re: Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi by FagsamPHP(m): 12:22pm On Jul 30, 2016
k
Re: Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 30, 2016
He thinks all Nigerians are a ZOMBies sin AFONJAS
Re: Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi by sassiemyk: 12:23pm On Jul 30, 2016
Amaechi is the most fluent liar who ever lived. His skills are even way smarter than the devil's when it comes to lieing. Lie Mohammed is a learner.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi by kings09(m): 12:23pm On Jul 30, 2016
How many Nigerians get #4million as housing allowance for dis man to equate his situation n dat of other ministers to that of the average Nigerian. I tot some of dem wanted to serve the nation for free witout pay. Bunch of deceivers

3 Likes

Re: Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi by tabisegroup(m): 12:25pm On Jul 30, 2016
this present government and lies...

11 Likes

Re: Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi by sesaan(m): 12:25pm On Jul 30, 2016
he deserve a knock on his head.. all the ministers are billionaires he should stop being sarcastic

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi by Generalkorex(m): 12:25pm On Jul 30, 2016
ok
Re: Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi by Drsheddy(m): 12:25pm On Jul 30, 2016
Boss has SPOKEN!

I Believe you Boss.

wailers' and blaming are like;

2 Likes

Re: Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi by worksmart(m): 12:26pm On Jul 30, 2016
yes
Re: Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi by grovec12(m): 12:26pm On Jul 30, 2016
abeg Mr minister , squatting get category.....are u conversing for kaduna state to be populated. ? thank you people for commissioning the project ( Pdp) stated ...up commissioner we are waiting to see any project (APC) will start ....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport / You Are Helping Me In Your Empty Head – Guterman Fires Keyamo / I’m Now To Be Called “Mama Peace” — Patience Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.