Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

How To Use Your Usb Flash Drive As Ram On Your Pc - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Use Your Usb Flash Drive As Ram On Your Pc (1063 Views)

6 Benefits Of Using USB Flash Drives / How To Enable/disenable Your Usb Ports / Unlock Your USB Modem For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Use Your Usb Flash Drive As Ram On Your Pc by ejovwovincent(f): 1:24pm On Jul 30, 2016
Did you know that you can use your USB Flash Drive as RAM in your Windows XP OS Computer??.. It will definitely help you to improve your Computer?s performance and speed in case you are struggling with low speed and poor performance.

Requirements:
=> Windows XP OS (service pack two)
=> Working USB Port
=> 2GB USB Pen Drive
=> five Minutes of your time?,or even less, cause it is dead simple to do!!

HOW TO USE YOUR USB FLASH DRIVE AS RAM ON YOUR PC

Step one: Go to Start Menu?>My Computer, now right click on it. Select properties option. Now you will notice the properties of windows on your desktop.

Procedure:
To start with, insert your USB flash drive to your PC USB Port (I recommend the port behind the technique unit) Before continuing, make sure that USB flash drive is connected and working fine.
Step two: In properties box, go to Advanced Tab?> Settings Of Performance Section. Now a new pop up window will be open named as (Performance Options).
Step three: In Performance Options Box, go to Advanced Tab. Now click on (Alter) Button that appears on virtual memory section. Again a new box will be open named as (Virtual Memory ).
Reboot your technique, after which you will notice the alter in speed and performance of your computer
Step four: You will get details of your virtual memory in this box. In this box you need to select and set your USB Flash drive as Virtual memory. Select USB Flash Drive, click on ?custom size?, give free space values as you require according to what is obtainable on your USB drive. Now click on (Set), then Apply your Settings .

NOTE:- Make sure your flash drive is always connected to your computer USB port.
Re: How To Use Your Usb Flash Drive As Ram On Your Pc by Mille: 1:36pm On Jul 30, 2016
Ok.
So what happens if I remove the flash drive later
Re: How To Use Your Usb Flash Drive As Ram On Your Pc by Greatzeus(m): 1:55pm On Jul 30, 2016
This will only be good if after the setting, you can use either the PC ram or USB ram.If you can only use the USB ram after the setting will be frustrating eg you can't keep USB attached to your PC for ever,you have to remove at some point.
So will it revert to PC ram or Will it prevent booting?
Re: How To Use Your Usb Flash Drive As Ram On Your Pc by ripbubu: 12:53am On Jul 31, 2016
how can i instal skype to wok in window xp sp3

(1) (Reply)

Hp Pavilion G6 750gig / Malware Techblog, The Creator Of Wannacry Kill Switch Arrested By FBI / Hp Elitebook Core I7 With 12gb Ram For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.