Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,153 members, 7,807,513 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers (56349 Views)

Innocent Nigerian Man Freed In Malaysia After Being Arrested For Cultism. Photos / Humphrey Jefferson Ejike Eleweke Mistakenly Executed In Indonesia Over Drugs / Photos Of The Men Who Killed An Uber Driver In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2016
Jefferson’s lawyer, Afif Abdul Qoyim, told AFP the execution should not have gone ahead as his client this week filed a legal appeal. “When this process is not respected, that means that this is no longer a country that upholds the law, nor human rights,” he said.

Lawyers said there was evidence to suggest Jefferson was not guilty of the crime for which he was condemned to death – possessing 1.7kg of heroin – including an admission of guilt on his deathbed by the man who allegedly framed him.

Amnesty International described the execution as “a deplorable act”.

“Any executions that are still to take place must be halted immediately. The injustice already done cannot be reversed, but there is still hope that it won’t be compounded,” said Rafendi Djamin, Amnesty’s director for south-east Asia and the Pacific.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/28/indonesia-mass-execution-prisoners

1 Share

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Prettiepearlz(f): 4:03pm On Jul 30, 2016
Reading this news keeps bringing tears to my eyes. Someone's Father and husband has been murdered without given a second chance. I don't think anyone should take a life he didn't create, but God knows all. TheGood Joe, keep it up but I just hope you would do this for other tribes and not condemn like some chaps here do. These are our brothers and sisters from another mother but some folks don't see it that way. Keep up the good job but remember not to be sentimental.

Let me add this, to y'all nairalanders, let him who is without sin sin be the first to cast the stone ****

248 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 30, 2016
undecided

One of the ten to be executed, a woman, claimed she was duped into becoming a drug mule. At least yet, she is alive.

So why wasn't his evidence brought to light at the heat of his trial? Why wait till now after his execution to claim he was framed?

That lawyer is insane.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:11pm On Jul 30, 2016
Prettiepearlz:
Reading this news keeps bringing tears to my eyes. Someone's Father and husband has been murdered without given a fair hearing. I don't think anyone should take a life he didn't create, but God knows all. TheGood Joe, keep it up but I just hope you would do this for other tribes and not condemn like some chaps here do. These are our brothers and sisters from another mother but some folks don't see it that way. Keep up the good job but remember not to be sentimental.

Definitely. This is not about tribe. This is about the truth. We need stories like this out because when these people get an innocent Nigerian in this situation, they do not care if he is Ibo, Yoruba or Hausa.

We only have ourselves to protect us. That is why I am against any form of bigotry.

BIGOTRY BLINDS THE TRUTH.

102 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Prettiepearlz(f): 4:17pm On Jul 30, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Definitely. This is not about tribe. This is about the truth. We need stories like this out because when these people get an innocent Nigerian in the situation. They do not care if he is Ibo, Yoruba or Hausa.

We only have ourselves to protect us. That is why I am against any form of bigotry.

cc: lalastiscala, Mynd44
Exactly no one cares outside Nigeria if you are from any tribe, we are Nigerians. Can't imagine the pains and darkness that their families and friends have been plunged into. What a pity! It's heartbreaking

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:25pm On Jul 30, 2016
RIP Jefferson Humphrey Ejike Eleweke

Humphrey Jefferson Ejike Eleweke, Nigeria

Jefferson, then a restaurant owner, was arrested in 2003 after police found 1.7kg of heroin in a room used by one of his employees. He was sentenced to death in 2004 and had until this week declined to ask for presidential clemency as it would entail seeking forgiveness for a crime of which he said he was innocent. His lawyers say there is evidence that he was framed.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by tollytexy(m): 4:27pm On Jul 30, 2016
Well .. Assuming he's a yorobar.. I'd doubt the allegation.. What (has) happen has happened .either way.. RiP jeff.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by englishmart(m): 4:28pm On Jul 30, 2016
what can we do about this now?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by IamQuins: 4:28pm On Jul 30, 2016
Medicine after death, best solution - desist from Indonesia, Nigeria is far better. Be it business or drugs pls just stay away coz u might be framed for being Nigerian alone.

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by 49cents(m): 4:29pm On Jul 30, 2016
that Indonesian president thinks that sanity can only be brought by such violent systems

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by ibkgab001: 4:29pm On Jul 30, 2016
Indonesia ... i will not cry for you when another plane of yours miss in transit or comes down after take off

God punish JOKO widodo .... LET HE WHO WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE

Rest in peace my IPOB brother from the other divides

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Lukmann1: 4:30pm On Jul 30, 2016
undecided If this was true then they shall sue them. why killed a innocent man...
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by OlowoB(m): 4:30pm On Jul 30, 2016
It is a very sad situation honestly. The fact remains that even if you will kill people carrying drugs at least give them a right to fair hearing or at least hear them out.

I don't really blame the Indonesia government, rather I will always blame the stupid leaders of this country (past and present) that has frustrated and made all the able youths to travel out of the country.

By the way, what are Nigerians looking for in Indonesia? Is it that bad? Indonesia?Nigerians can waka. Chai

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by muller101(m): 4:30pm On Jul 30, 2016
Jobless tribalists will soon dominate the thread like swarm of bees protecting their queen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 30, 2016
If you follow the story well, to my understanding, the guy(victim) ran a restaurant in Indonesia. He employed some Nigerians and gave them accommodation, in the same house he ran his business they leave there. Now some drug dealers were traced to one of the employed guys (who i think later died in custody but confessed that the guy was not involved but no evidence to back this during his trials) . this later made the authorities to comb the house, and found some drugs in the apartment.
Now the owner of the restaurant, was arrested, and accused of running drug cartel with his business.
He denied owning the drug or involved in it. Eventually, it was not accepted. This led to what we have now.
Be the judge your self.
He may be innocent ,because he looks like one. And since the drug was notbdirectly liknked to him, life years imprisonment would hv been better but, I still don't want to believe you can't monitor activities of someone you gave accommodation and employment to especially in a terrain and hostile environment like Indonesia.
All is late now. Which ever way, lesson to those who always trust any kind of person. Thread carefully. Rip to him.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by massinola(m): 4:31pm On Jul 30, 2016
this is why I condemn anything called drugs and their peddlers. the increasing number of mechanics is making it so difficult for one to differentiate them from mad people as both wear dirty and tattered clothes. he might be innocent but because of the antecedent of our people over there in Indonesia, they find it difficult to believe us even when they know we are innocent. drug is never an option for a right thinking man. its only a quick way to a quick wealth that quickly ends the life of the peddler in a quick way. resist drug peddling with every form of seriousness. still my people won't learn. it won't be long before you hear of another being executed. abum onye igbo, anam asukwa igbo ofuma, birikwa n'ala igbo. mbiakwa uwa ozo, agam aburiri onye igbo maka na ala igbo amaka. but let us advice ourselves on this drug issues. its getting out of hand. RIP to the dead

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by OsuIbo: 4:31pm On Jul 30, 2016
if i say BI and you say A another man say FRA omo na you sabi

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by gunuvi(m): 4:31pm On Jul 30, 2016
Sad. Very sad

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Richie0974: 4:32pm On Jul 30, 2016
I hope one day Indonesia will need our help so badly, only then will they know the gravity of what they've done.

9 Likes

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by rajioyebamiji77: 4:32pm On Jul 30, 2016
This is inhuman
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by IamQuins: 4:32pm On Jul 30, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Definitely. This is not about tribe. This is about the truth. We need stories like this out because when these people get an innocent Nigerian in the situation. They do not care if he is Ibo, Yoruba or Hausa.

Simple truth, they don't care nor give a fu-ck. The UN can wail from now till thy kingdom come they still don't care.

2 Likes

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by stano2(m): 4:32pm On Jul 30, 2016
Barbaric ..fvck that country. Who the hell think of going to such place.. The really got it wrong this time

6 Likes

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by titiakins: 4:33pm On Jul 30, 2016
Even God in heaven forgive our sins

I can't understand why they had to go ahead after so many years

May their souls rest in peace

8 Likes

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 30, 2016
wicked govt

5 Likes

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by jojothaiv(m): 4:33pm On Jul 30, 2016
But will this bring the dead back!
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by blackpanda: 4:33pm On Jul 30, 2016
But why are nigerians still going to that country?? Dem no de hear word!
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Yehman(m): 4:33pm On Jul 30, 2016
Hmmm!
What about the UK and American citizens that were also involved?
*in Fela's voice...who and who unite for United Nations*

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by hakeem4(m): 4:34pm On Jul 30, 2016
Medicine after death

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 30, 2016
They killed an innocent man, it's obvious. No human being has the power to take another man's life, no matter the offence. Whatever happened to life jail?

19 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Guy Cheats And His Girlfriend Sets His Range-Rover Ablaze (photo) / Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River / Prince Gwamnishu Harrison Kidnapped, Cries, Says He's Leaving Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.