Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,181 members, 7,807,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders (2072 Views)

Wild Jubilation In P/harcourt As Kanu Arrives, Meets With Ijaw Elders (video+pic / Ijaw Nation Again Accept To Remain In Nigeria - Cita President / Dialogue: Ijaw Elders Reject Clark’s Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by Oluwabusobomi(f): 9:49pm On Jul 30, 2016
OVIE OKPARE, WARRI

Governor Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa State, Chief Edwin Kiagbodo Clark and some prominent leaders including traditional rulers of Ijaw Nation drawn from the seven Niger Delta states on Saturday met in Warri, Delta State, over the renewed militancy in the region.

The meeting which was convened in the instance of elder statesman, Chief Clark, was held behind closed doors after journalists were excused from partaking in the deliberations which was also attended by the Delta State deputy governor, Mr Kingsley Otuaro.

A communiqué issued at the end of the meeting and read by Pastor Power Ziakede Aginighan accused the President Muhammadu Buhari led federal government of perceived plans to alienate Ijaw people from the scheme of things in the country.

The communiqué signed by Chief Clark, a former federal information commissioner, and others said it was only dialogue that can resolve the present crisis in the region.

The Ijaw leaders posited that in the interest of peace, the federal government should immediately withdraw military personnel from Gbaramatu Kingdom while the proposed discussion by government takes off.

The meeting also called on Ijaw militant groups to cease forthwith plans to declare Niger Delta Republic by Monday, noting that Ijaw Nation believed that through restructuring, the various crisis bedeviling the country could be resolved, including the Niger Delta problem.

It read, “The Elders and Leaders of thoughts of the Ijaw nation call for the immediate restructuring of the Nigerian nation along the lines of peaceful federalism, and noticed that this is the panacea for the sustainable development of Nigeria.

“As a demonstration of sincerity of commitment to dialogue, FG should immediately withdraw the military from all occupied Ijaw communities, particularly Gbaramatu kingdom. The meeting also calls on the FG to immediately release the 10 innocent students of Gbaramatu kingdom.

“The meeting passed a vote of confidence on the Chief Boma Obuoforibo led leadership of the Ijaw National Congress. We condemn the move to scrap the Nigerian Maritime University approved by the preceding FG with temporary site at Kurutie and call for the immediate takeoff of the university.”

According to it, “The none inclusive policies of the present administration which has led to the alienation of some components of the federation particularly the Ijaw nation from the main stream of national development and call on Mr. President to redress this ugly state of affairs.”

http://punchng.com/gov-dickson-clark-ijaw-leaders-meet-say-buhari-alienating-ijaw-nation/#

Re: Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by Oluwabusobomi(f): 9:56pm On Jul 30, 2016
The dullard of Daura is only interested in two things, viz: his cow rearers (i.e core fulanis) and Niger Delta oil.

His dysfunctional ears will be functional ones anything goes wrong with any of the above, but aside them, his ears will be temporarily "impotent".

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 30, 2016
Disappointed!
when I was patiently waiting to hear Niger Delta militants declare their republic on August 1.
mtcheew.

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by hungryboy(m): 10:00pm On Jul 30, 2016
Alienation of your ethnic group by the present administration is no excuse, to pick up arms and blow up pipelines.
Afterall, Other ethnic groups are being alienated by Buhari and they didn't resort to violence.
You ijaws have created an atmosphere, where warlords, cultists and other anti social elements can thrive.
At the end of the day, the touts will get their amnesty and a pay cheque, and the average ijaw man who choosed the path of earning an honest wage will keep on suffering

13 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by Jombojombo(m): 10:02pm On Jul 30, 2016
Hagm0nd:
Disappointed!
when I was patiently waiting to hear Niger Delta militants declare their republic on August 1.
mtcheew.

Zombie, try and get some elements of brain

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by Jombojombo(m): 10:07pm On Jul 30, 2016
Buhari you cannot rely on Niger Delta oil and still wants to alienate them... Such only happened during the colonial days

Just imaging if Nigeria of today is relying on the groundnut from the North, will there still be a Nigeria?
Even if there will be, it will strictly be on master-servant arrangement

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 30, 2016
Jombojombo:

Zombie, try and get some elements of brain
another osu Igbo, we all know yeebos are the new ijaw slaves,how many Ipob are going to sacrifice their lives come August 1

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 30, 2016
Jombojombo:
Buhari you cannot rely on Niger Delta oil and still wants to alienate them... Such only happened during the colonial days

Just imaging if Nigeria of today is relying on the groundnut from the North, will there still a Nigeria?
First of all this news is stupid and false, and is ijaw the only group in Niger Delta. I am from Niger Delta, and I wud be happy if he wants to alienate them, they are too violent and radical as if na only dem get oil, have u heard heard of the akwa ibom, or the itsekiri or ulaje making noise like the ijaws, if they can eliminate them from Nigeria I will be happy.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by Oluwabusobomi(f): 10:18pm On Jul 30, 2016
Jombojombo:

Just imaging if Nigeria of today is relying on the groundnut from the North, will there still be a Nigeria?

God bless you richly sis!

"One Nigeria" exist only because of Niger Delta oil

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by Jombojombo(m): 10:23pm On Jul 30, 2016
MrTruth4real:

First of all this news is stupid and false, and is ijaw the only group in Niger Delta. I am from Niger Delta, and I wud be happy if he wants to alienate them, they are too violent and radical as if na only dem get oil, have u heard heard of the akwa ibom, or the itsekiri or ulaje making noise like the ijaws, if they can eliminate them from Nigeria I will be happy.

Afonja, why not be proud of where you are frm?

Silly impostor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 30, 2016
Jombojombo:

Afonja, why not be proud of where you are frm?

Silly impostor
See who is talking, with ur fake profile, u male pretending to be female, I be 150% warri boy from ugborodo community in ecravos for ur info.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by sarrki(m): 10:33pm On Jul 30, 2016
Oluwabusobomi:
The dullard of Daura is only interested in two things, viz: his cow rearers (i.e core fulanis) and Niger Delta oil.

His dysfunctional ears will be functional ones anything goes wrong with any of the above, but aside them, his ears will be temporarily "impotent".

Am very sure you can't insult your father in law like that

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 30, 2016
Oluwabusobomi:

God bless you richly sis!

"One Nigeria" exist only because of Niger Delta oil
another lie from our ipob brother.
why didn't the eastern region grant adaka boro and his comrades Niger Delta republic on February 23, 1966,after complaining that yeebos benefited more from the oil proceeds,giving close to nothing to ijaws?
why did he team up with the federal forces to chase you yeebos out of port harcourt?
the only thing yeebos love about Niger Delta is the crude oil.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by Jombojombo(m): 10:35pm On Jul 30, 2016
Lalasticlala, those who breastfeed this nation have a message for the dullard

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by Beremx(f): 10:38pm On Jul 30, 2016
It's high time Ijaw people stop being SUPREMACISTS and carry along other ethnic groups in the Niger Delta region in their demands from FG. I expected the so called meeting to involve all other ethnic groups in ND

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 30, 2016
the old men should shut up :-
Re: Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by xprezboy: 10:47pm On Jul 30, 2016
dz same elders sold the Niger delta land to hausa fulani, what were they doing when the northerners took their land?
what was their response when the 1st minister for petroleum was appointed from the north?
were they there when saro wiwa was killed?
what did they do when obj demolished odi?
where were they when gej was the president?
were they alive when the land and water in ogoni was destroyed by shell? I am sure, they can neva ansa the questions.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 30, 2016
Madam op, I've been thinking about that your moniker. I'm thinking its not what I'm thinking...

Could you be kind enough to translate for us in English. Thank you ma.
Re: Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 30, 2016
Ioannes:
Madam op, I've been thinking about that your moniker. I'm thinking its not what I'm thinking...

Could you be kind enough to translate for us in English. Thank you ma.
baba,I don reason that moniker,na laugh I just dey laugh.
the op na ibo boy.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by modath(f): 11:07pm On Jul 30, 2016
Beremx:
It's high time Ijaw people stop being SUPREMACISTS and carry along other ethnic groups in the Niger Delta region in their demands from FG. I expected the so called meeting to involve all other ethnic groups in ND

That your expectation is a tall order, in their warped view, ND is ijaw territory to be conquered, that's why their none of their neighbours know no peace.... Close your eyes for a minute and imagine a country of just NDans with the ijaws as a single entity majority, Hell on earth for the others around them without any doubt.....

I'm expecting Tonyebarcanista as usual to give his own slant to this very clear message.. cool

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by ManMountain(m): 11:12pm On Jul 30, 2016
the ND should chart a course different from what the Ibos are hiding to prod them on with,
Re: Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by 8BitGee(m): 12:36am On Jul 31, 2016
Ijaw youths and their fathers are silly. It beats me how "elders" can have a "closed door" meeting only to come up with this crap? What do you expect from perpetual alcoholics anyway?

Imagine paying bastard militants 90K monthly, while honest civil servants, also of Ijaw/ND/Nigerian extraction, get paid minimum wage. How TF is that supposed to work?? So crime really pays?

The military needs to fvck these wànkers up.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by wowmenow: 12:41am On Jul 31, 2016
In the words of ffk Nigeria will devide in buhari tenure
Re: Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by wowmenow: 12:43am On Jul 31, 2016
8BitGee:
Ijaw youths and their fathers are silly. It beats me how "elders" can have a "closed door" meeting only to come up with this crap? What do you expect from perpetual alcoholics anyway?

Imagine paying bastard militants 90K monthly, while honest civil servants, also of Ijaw/ND/Nigerian extraction, get paid minimum wage. How TF is that supposed to work?? So crime really pays?

The military needs to fvck these wànkers up.

Do you know how much they are paying the fulanis who is working in CBN illegally

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by wowmenow: 12:47am On Jul 31, 2016
Beremx:

They are supremacist they are the only bold tribe in Niger delta

Presently the I jaws are the only tribe that is engaging the Fulani

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by Iscoalarcon: 6:06am On Jul 31, 2016
Your brother was there for six years why are you bringing this up now

Ogoggoro sipping bastards

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by llade(m): 6:08am On Jul 31, 2016
Am a bayelsan and although the Niger Delta has a genuine need for government attention resorting to criminality, destruction of national assets and economic sabotage is unacceptable.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by modath(f): 6:22am On Jul 31, 2016
They don't want a republic anymore? They shouldn't use this as subterfuge to back out..... Real warriors don't issue threat alone, they back it up with action.... ND republic is what we are all waiting for..

They had a son who spent 5+yrs enriching criminals (Edwin Clark got a university for himself out of the IB) with no impact being felt by his community, they kept mute throughout, now they want to disturb public peace? They will learn the hard way... cool

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by AJINATU: 6:23am On Jul 31, 2016
SITREP

''ijaw militants are currently pouring in reinforcement from the Niger Delta to the SouthWest. I suggest that the Navy effect a Naval Blockade on all our waterways in Lagos, Ogun and Ondo during the period of this operation''

SOURCE: Femi Olarinde
Re: Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by newbornmacho(m): 7:25am On Jul 31, 2016
modath:

They don't want a republic anymore? They shouldn't use this as subterfuge to back out..... Real warriors don't issue threat alone, they back it up with action.... ND republic is what we are all waiting for..

They had a son who spent 5+yrs enriching criminals (Edwin Clark got a university for himself out of the IB) with no impact being felt by his community, they kept mute throughout, now they want to disturb public peace? They will learn the hard way... cool

Hope you will enlist in the army and get to the creeks to help teach them the hard way. If you think there's a military solution to the Niger delta problem then you are on a long thing
Re: Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by badnature: 7:52am On Jul 31, 2016
hungryboy:
Alienation of your ethnic group by the present administration is no excuse, to pick up arms and blow up pipelines.
Afterall, Other ethnic groups are being alienated by Buhari and they didn't resort to violence.
You ijaws have created an atmosphere, where warlords, cultists and other anti social elements can thrive.
At the end of the day, the touts will get their amnesty and a pay cheque, and the average ijaw man who choosed the path of earning an honest wage will keep on suffering
they are blowing up pipe line which is in there land.when ever the start destroying kulikuli,suya,tomatoes,nama enheen! You can now talk,
Re: Buhari Is Alienating Ijaw Nation – Ijaw Elders by badnature: 7:53am On Jul 31, 2016
llade:
Am a bayelsan and although the Niger Delta has a genuine need for government attention resorting to criminality, destruction of national assets and economic sabotage is unacceptable.
Yoruba of bayelsar

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dele Momodu Writes On Presidency's Outburst Over Osinbajo's Rising Profile / Pity Igbo At Your Peril! / Obasanjo:nnamdi Kanu Needs Change Of Mentality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.