Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,178 members, 7,807,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) (108927 Views)

Korede Francis: New Photos Of The 9-Year-Old Boy Chained By His Pastor Dad / FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges / Lagos Big Boy Oliseh Nwakoby Shoots Himself Dead Over #350million Debt[pic] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by AntiWailer: 10:36pm On Jul 31, 2016
knxpin:

From a reliable family source, He was setup by his colleagues because he was promoted to a higher level than his mates in Lagos for his hardwork and the mates ganged together and wants to put shame on him by setting him up with some bad transaction to rope him in and as such he could not bear the shame. The big question is who is Mr or Mrs integrity in Nigeria when all our past and present lawmakers are criminals with bold faces.

That is a useless lie from the family.

When u are set up, You man up and prove ur innocence before attempting any shit.

Banking does not work that way. Nobody send him if he is promoted or not.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by DedeNkem: 10:40pm On Jul 31, 2016
There are many corrupt bank executives who approved billions that were never refunded and they're still alive today.
This man was probably an honest person who was used by crooks to obtain they never planned to service.

He had to take his own life to save face! What a terrible thing to do!

Everyone involved in the bad loan should be jailed!
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by knxpin(m): 10:45pm On Jul 31, 2016
AntiWailer:

That is a useless lie from the family.

When u are set up, You man up and prove ur innocence before attempting any shit.

Banking does not work that way. Nobody send him if he is promoted or not.
[color=#006600][/color]

True talk my brother.
You hit the point.
Never think in that direction.
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by Imoobot(m): 11:13pm On Jul 31, 2016
What a shame.If only he knew Jesus.The whole money in the world is not worth your life cos our heavenly father has the whole World in his hands!

1 Like

Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by macaranta(m): 11:24pm On Jul 31, 2016
Damn... Indeed people go through a lot. Suicide however isn't the wisest option.
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 31, 2016
dinma007:

Nigerian banks, FCMB has not turned into anything evil! The problem with bankers believe me, you guys see all their suits and think they are so rich. As a branch manager, i am very sure expectations from people around him must have pushed him into seizing an opportunity he believed will fetch him some good cash. it has NOTHING to do with his employer. Nothing at all.

Please don't say what you don't know. As a Banker myself, i know the bloody pressure i pass through each day to secure risks assets and deposits.

It is a daily, constant pressure. Head Office pressures everybody to secure Deposits, Risk Assets, GNllB, Number of Accounts. When we go for MPR, we basically get hounded. It has everything to do with the employer and the insatiable desire of shareholders.

Be guided, don't form authority on matters you're clearly ignorant on.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by queenDD(f): 11:45pm On Jul 31, 2016
This is too bad...
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by delishpot: 12:01am On Aug 01, 2016
Maybe Na pastor take the loan? Maybe he went to pastor to say oga, give me my money o, bank has been on my neck to refund It. Who else was there when he shot himself besides the pastor?
Pastor should be questioned too and full investigation carried out. Succide can be framed. Not saying pastor is guilty now o. Just saying proper investigation should be done.

2 Likes

Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by greatman247(m): 12:37am On Aug 01, 2016
Rubbish if this is true, has his family name he was trying to protect never tainted now. Posterity will never forget this news... a man who works for a bank take his life cos of debt/loan he approved to some customer who had refused to service the loan. he was foolish or he was hiding some truth. May be he did fraud and he knows when the bank investigate they will point accusing fingers to him or maybe something else happen, i wouldn't know, so i am not judging though.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by Ugosample(m): 1:02am On Aug 01, 2016
3sexy:
This man is just a spoilt child

So to protect your family name u killed yourself and left ur innocent daughter and wife behind, u even left them with a generational scar!

You only approved a loan , u didn't break the bank, so why kill yourself ?

All this ajebo butter spoilt kids that cannot face any life challenge , they want life to be totally smooth n rosy ,

A kpako cannot die like this . they have seen 99 , what's in 100?

Pako sef dey commit suicide o
Just say you never see.
Depression no know economic status o

1 Like

Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by iamrealdeji(m): 1:36am On Aug 01, 2016
sunkoye:
This is sure not the whole story.....u can get sacked for approving a bad loan not even jail. Cos any loan can go bad. Now if he is been shady about the whole transaction then he can be prosecuted. Better still we all know the end result of prosecuting a big shot in Nigeria. This issue is more than meet the eye joor.
for him to feel like he's going to drag his family name in mud,then he must have skeleton in his cupboard. It's not all about loan approval
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by iamrealdeji(m): 1:49am On Aug 01, 2016
Henry240:

Please don't say what you don't know. As a Banker myself, i know the bloody pressure i pass through each day to secure risks assets and deposits.

It is a daily, constant pressure. Head Office pressures everybody to secure Deposits, Risk Assets, GNllB, Number of Accounts. When we go for MPR, we basically get hounded. It has everything to do with the employer and the insatiable desire of shareholders.

Be guided, don't form authority on matters you're clearly ignorant on.
secure deposits? Number of accounts etc. My question is do you have to go beg people for all that or how do they expect you to perform such magic? And if you don't,what will they do to you?
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by iamrealdeji(m): 1:54am On Aug 01, 2016
Ronaldinnioh:
When the bank manager was told to pay the jamb lesson tutors were busy asking me if Kim karashian was among the choir members who sang at deeper life champ ground at Lagos but instead she was among the Niger delta avengers that she was not in a hurry to follow chibok girls move to the front seat and allow Buhari's daughter not to pick her Law bar coat. Am not okay with the way tomatoes dropped that it heavily affected Dangote from making sure his Dollar transactions was depicted in Euros that Arsene Wenger was not among those who decided to sign C Ronaldo when he wanted to make a move to Aso rock and vote for APC members who were not paying attention when Patience Jonathan shouted their is God ooooo that made all ISIS members decides to take a selfie with Obama who wasn't ready to see that Donald Trump even voted for Hilary Clinton who was not running against in at the Peoples Democratic Party.
what is this one saying? You need help ooooooo
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by iamrealdeji(m): 2:12am On Aug 01, 2016
chocolatelady:
It's a pity that this guy took his life becos of loan. I was once a banker. The rate this banks mounts pressure on you to get risk assets is alarming . As a marketer, u must open accounts, get deposits, give out loan. If u cannot deliver on the above, better for u to drop your resignation letter and move on. I can imagine the level of depression and hopelessness this guy is in before taking his life. I keep on saying it, it's not by force to be a banker. There are better well paying jobs out there that u can secure and have rest of mind. There is nothing like rest or rest of mind in banking job. That u met ur target this month or year does not mean that u will now rest. Lie lie, it's a continuous process. I rather earn little and have rest of mind than earn big and will never sleep. U only dream of where u will get deposits. Na wa for this kin job.
My dear, killing urself is not an option at all. U for resign, unless u did not follow due process in approving the loan. Even if at all, taking ur life is not the best.
My sincere sympathy goes to his wife and daughter.

RIP
so,bank job is this tedious? But why do you guys pose around in suits and ties? I never knew it's up to this extent till you highlighted what you guys go through
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by iamrealdeji(m): 2:13am On Aug 01, 2016
chocolatelady:
It's a pity that this guy took his life becos of loan. I was once a banker. The rate this banks mounts pressure on you to get risk assets is alarming . As a marketer, u must open accounts, get deposits, give out loan. If u cannot deliver on the above, better for u to drop your resignation letter and move on. I can imagine the level of depression and hopelessness this guy is in before taking his life. I keep on saying it, it's not by force to be a banker. There are better well paying jobs out there that u can secure and have rest of mind. There is nothing like rest or rest of mind in banking job. That u met ur target this month or year does not mean that u will now rest. Lie lie, it's a continuous process. I rather earn little and have rest of mind than earn big and will never sleep. U only dream of where u will get deposits. Na wa for this kin job.
My dear, killing urself is not an option at all. U for resign, unless u did not follow due process in approving the loan. Even if at all, taking ur life is not the best.
My sincere sympathy goes to his wife and daughter.

RIP
my question is where do they expect you to get all these things you mentioned above? And if you don't meet up,what will happen?
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by iamrealdeji(m): 2:38am On Aug 01, 2016
gypsey:
Absolutely! It's also to do with Greed and expensive lifestyles, some bankers take Gambles so as to earn substantial bonuses, hence the more gambles the more heavy bonus.
i am owing bank around a £100,000 at the moment and i am even treathning them with law suit if they keep hassling me to pay up; they knew i could not afford to pay back but still went ahead and Approved the loan.
the different between nigeria and England is After 6 years the Debt will be wiped out and i will be free from the debt, i may even be Eligible to even borrow Another huge amount as my credit record will be restored after the wipe out of the former debt, it's fantastic isn't it? grin

I am not sure if it is the same way in nigeria unfortunately. So any individual who resorts to suicide because of debt is i am afraid mentally inadequate.

The term i use for bank loans is our (every body's) money.

all i have to do is declare bankrupt alot of wealthy people i know are rich because they have borrowed from banks ( every body's money) and declared bankrupt while living and expesive lifestyles and in huge mansions all they had to do was to register their properties and acquisitions in their son's or wife names.
youre making it sound like it's that easy. If it's like that,everybody in this world would be rich. Most of your tales is pure lie and exaggeration

1 Like

Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by hollypagan: 2:45am On Aug 01, 2016
Igbo man commits sucide na lie thats fowl play ,Igbo man must find his way out
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 2:51am On Aug 01, 2016
Trunaijian:
There is no excuse for such.

So in fear of spoiling the family's name he committed suicide?

Well, he just damaged the family name by commiting suicide. He is a coward leaving his wife and kids to bear the brunt . he is a weakling!
I beg to disagree, that's honorable death . Part of braveness is taking decisions and living or dying by the consequences .
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by Tinyemeka(m): 3:55am On Aug 01, 2016
Ha!

I pray this isn't about who I have in mind.
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 5:12am On Aug 01, 2016
Ronaldinnioh:
When the bank manager was told to pay the jamb lesson tutors were busy asking me if Kim karashian was among the choir members who sang at deeper life champ ground at Lagos but instead she was among the Niger delta avengers that she was not in a hurry to follow chibok girls move to the front seat and allow Buhari's daughter not to pick her Law bar coat. Am not okay with the way tomatoes dropped that it heavily affected Dangote from making sure his Dollar transactions was depicted in Euros that Arsene Wenger was not among those who decided to sign C Ronaldo when he wanted to make a move to Aso rock and vote for APC members who were not paying attention when Patience Jonathan shouted their is God ooooo that made all ISIS members decides to take a selfie with Obama who wasn't ready to see that Donald Trump even voted for Hilary Clinton who was not running against in at the Peoples Democratic Party.
Wt nonsense! Haba
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by tk4rd: 5:18am On Aug 01, 2016
Popogri:

https://nigeriacamera.net/fcmb-bank-manager-olisa-nwakoby-commits-suicide-front-pastor-lekki-lagos/

He actually "Blew His Brains Out".??
That's the effect of watching too much of Looney Toons Cartoons.
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by chillbabe(f): 5:22am On Aug 01, 2016
Olisa Nwakobi was helping a woman move funds abroad and helping himself to some of it to a tune of 300m. He and his best friend Henry who lives in London. Dat one ate a large chunk of d 300m but is alive snd safe in London while Olisa was here taking d heat. So d woman now discovered it and started putting pressure. He was in and out of efcc custody and getting desperate. His whole family was helping raise the money. His brother put his ppty in lekki on d mkt. he was going gaga but everybody was begging him to calm down. All hands were on deck to help him. He convinced his branch manager to transfer 300m to d woman but d transaction was flagged at head office as it was in progress and he was arrested and his job tsken away. He tried to sell his house but his wife refused to give him d papers. They quarelled. He left d house in a huff and moved into a hotel drinking all day long for a month. his wife said he came home on wednesday early morning and took his pistol. I heard his dp on whatsap has been black for a week. Yesterday his status message changed to "all this must end somehow someday". In d morning he went to church, after mass he did confession then started displaying in church. Ranting and raving dat he cant bear it anymore that he will kill himself. Brought out d pistol and was waving it. The ppl in church were trying to calm him down. He treathened to shoot them. Then he shot himself right there in front of them in d church. Police took away his corpse around 2pm yesterday.

3 Likes

Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by ladyF(f): 5:23am On Aug 01, 2016
tk4rd:
He actually "Blew His Brains Out".??
That's the effect of watching too much of Looney Toons Cartoons.
smiley
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by tk4rd: 5:25am On Aug 01, 2016
ladyF:

smiley
grin grin kiss Babe.,, Longest time..
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by ladyF(f): 5:27am On Aug 01, 2016
tk4rd:
grin grin kiss Babe.,, Longest time..
hehehe.... how you dey na? Happy new month. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by tk4rd: 5:47am On Aug 01, 2016
ladyF:

hehehe.... how you dey na? Happy new month. kiss kiss kiss
Thanks dearie.. wink wink I wish you the very best of the month Bebe.. kiss kiss
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by ladyF(f): 5:50am On Aug 01, 2016
tk4rd:
Thanks dearie.. wink wink I wish you the very best of the month Bebe.. kiss kiss

Thanks dear.

Today is voting day biko... grin Can you epp us vote Fynestboi? cry

1 Like

Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by poshestmina(f): 6:01am On Aug 01, 2016
I knew him cry cry cry,saw him the previous night .
he was very drunk and misbehaving unlike him.no one knew he had such problem until he killed himself

Rest in peace Sir cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by bamite(m): 8:03am On Aug 01, 2016
Trunaijian:
There is no excuse for such.

So in fear of spoiling the family's name he committed suicide?

Well, he just damaged the family name by commiting suicide. He is a coward leaving his wife and kids to bear the brunt . he is a weakling!
f.uck you
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by Distinguishy(m): 8:23am On Aug 01, 2016
Dis mans decision was selfish. U prefer. To be off d hook and let ur kid and wife suffer while u be in a state of total oblivon. Dia mmight be no. Way. 2 pay but. Am too sure if u humbled ur self and pray and be patient let God show Himself, it cud be resolved eventually. When man comes to d end of himself Jehovah takes over. We all need Jesus

1 Like

Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by geodemainguy(m): 9:17am On Aug 01, 2016
Please I have a question to ask, After killing himself, was the debt cleared? Abi, is he forming messiah of the family's integrity.
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by Adesiji77: 9:26am On Aug 01, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ilekura Samson Ajayi Is Soldier Who Killed Joseph Pessu In Warri, Delta / Abiodun Egunjobi, 'Godogodo', Armed Robber's Fall (Photos) / UNIZIK Graduate Dies After She Was Poisoned By A Guy She Turned Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.