Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,783 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? (18015 Views)

Angela Nwosu: 'Don't Want To Make Heaven If It's Where Oyedepo, Adeboye Will Go' / Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. / "Amazon CEO, Jeff Bezos Is World's Richest Man & He Doesn't Tithe"- Daddy Freeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by englishmart(m): 7:11am On Jul 31, 2016
what happpens if a Christian is God fearing, prayerful, and follows all of God's commands but doesn't attend church fellowships?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by englishmart(m): 7:12am On Jul 31, 2016
happy sunday Master lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Chibabi(m): 7:18am On Jul 31, 2016
Y not!, if he or she is dedicated to Good doing

7 Likes

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 31, 2016
I believe God is going to judge our conscience rather than our religion

34 Likes

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by mamaafrik(m): 7:41am On Jul 31, 2016
He will judge everyone in accordance with their handiwork.

1 Like

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by ros5: 7:57am On Jul 31, 2016
Ur heart ur church. God is the only judge

2 Likes

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by englishmart(m): 10:57am On Jul 31, 2016
na wao. That means I don't even nned to go to church any more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by christinnah(f): 11:36am On Jul 31, 2016
Do I Need To Go To Church To Go to Heaven?
First, salvation isn’t something we earn by WORKS. You can ever “work” or do enough “good deeds” to get to heaven. Christ did the work on the cross. You, as a sinner, can never do enough good “deeds” or “acts of obedience” to earn your salvation. It will never happen. Rather, we are saved by God’s grace when we place our faith in Jesus Christ.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
So no, you will not lose your salvation by avoiding church, and you cannot earn your salvation by attending church. I like what one person said: “Going to church won’t make you a Christian any more that being in a garage makes you a car.”
Salvation occurs when you place your total trust and faith in Christ. It doesn’t happen when you recite a prayer, walk down a church isle with tears down your face, or saying a pray when an invitation is given. Salvation occurs when you place your trust and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Nothing more, nothing less.
When you truly place your faith in trust in Christ, you will be born again, and the Holy Spirit will begin to dwell in your body. He will lead you to truth, teach you obedience, rebuke and cleanse you from sin, give you spiritual gifts, and so forth.

58 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by firstking01(m): 11:40am On Jul 31, 2016
englishmart:
what happpens if a Christian is God fearing, prayerful, and follows all of God's commands but doesn't attend church fellowships?
Such christians don't exist...i mean with those attributes you mention because, heb 10:25 says, do not forsake the assembling of the brethen...when you forsake or forsook the assembling of the brethren which is the church, you have sinned already.

Smh, been getting too many mentions from those who lacks simple understanding cos of this my post...for the christians, know y'all that any gathering in the name of jesus is a church, so, stop qouting me wrongly undecided...pray for spirituall understanding..

16 Likes

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by firstking01(m): 11:41am On Jul 31, 2016
englishmart:
Such christians don't exist...i mean with those attributes you mentioned because, heb 10:25 says, do not forsake the assembling of the brethen...when you forsake or forsook the assembling of the brethren which is the church, you have sinned already, and you knw the implications of sin.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by allanphash7(m): 6:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
Lol
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by herzern(m): 6:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
Winner01......KingEbukaNaija....KingEbukasBlog
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by herzern(m): 6:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
Y
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 31, 2016
if you don't go to church means you won't pay your tithes and give offerings. You not giving tithe and offerings means funds meant for the pastor have been diverted somewhere else. This means you haven't fulfilled your financial obligations to the church and God. Which finally means you are destined for hell! angry

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Liftedhands(f): 6:09pm On Jul 31, 2016
christinnah:
Do I Need To Go To Church To Go to Heaven?
First, salvation isn’t something we earn by WORKS. You can ever “work” or do enough “good deeds” to get to heaven. Christ did the work on the cross. You, as a sinner, can never do enough good “deeds” or “acts of obedience” to earn your salvation. It will never happen. Rather, we are saved by God’s grace when we place our faith in Jesus Christ.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
So no, you will not lose your salvation by avoiding church, and you cannot earn your salvation by attending church. I like what one person said: “Going to church won’t make you a Christian any more that being in a garage makes you a car.”
Salvation occurs when you place your total trust and faith in Christ. It doesn’t happen when you recite a prayer, walk down a church isle with tears down your face, or saying a pray when an invitation is given. Salvation occurs when you place your trust and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Nothing more, nothing less.
When you truly place your faith in trust in Christ, you will be born again, and the Holy Spirit will begin to dwell in your body. He will lead you to truth, teach you obedience, rebuke and cleanse you from sin, give you spiritual gifts, and so forth.
God bless you for this.

1 Like

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by gbaskiboy: 6:09pm On Jul 31, 2016
The Bible encourage us not to forsake the gathering of ourselves. But many G.Os has turned it to business area to swindled innocents and gullible people. We are being told to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. God knows who belong to him.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 31, 2016
Well, heaven doesn't exist, so this is flawed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by pat077: 6:10pm On Jul 31, 2016
Can a Farmer harvest without owing a farm.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by steppin: 6:11pm On Jul 31, 2016
firstking01:
Such christians don't exist...i mean with those attributes you mention because, heb 10:25 says, do not forsake the assembling of the brethen...when you forsake or forsook the assembling of the brethren which is the church, you have sinned already.
Pastor sighted!

4 Likes

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 31, 2016
Similar questions:
Can one lose weight without going to a gym?

Can one learn to box without employing a boxing coach?

Can one learn a new skill or business without going to school?

Is it everyone who enters church on sunday who'd make heaven?

Answer those questions and you've your answer.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by shamecurls(m): 6:11pm On Jul 31, 2016
#Truth

2 Likes

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by lekshore: 6:12pm On Jul 31, 2016
HmmmHmm.... Kuwestion?
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Hillarie(m): 6:12pm On Jul 31, 2016
firstking01:

Taaaaarh! you disappointed me

3 Likes

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by tonio2wo: 6:12pm On Jul 31, 2016
englishmart:
Did Elijah go to church?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by olanshile2016(m): 6:12pm On Jul 31, 2016
I don't really know but many will be like

4 Likes

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Strawman: 6:13pm On Jul 31, 2016
firstking01:
Such christians don't exist...i mean with those attributes you mentioned because, heb 10:25 says, do not forsake the assembling of the brethen...when you forsake or forsook the assembling of the brethren which is the church, you have sinned already, and you knw the implications of sin.

Oga church is not the only "assembling of the brethren". If you're able to assemble with people in your household, with colleagues in your school, in fact now we have social networks sef; a group of Christians on Facebook/WhatsApp etc is a social assembly. When you watch preaching on TV, you are also part of their assembly. If people had these methods in the days of Jesus, they would've utilised them.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 31, 2016
Whr did he get his Christianity from? A Christian dat doesn't visit the church, na shrine him dey visit? You can never be a good Christian without visiting a church. As for the heaven stuff, I leave that to God.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Auto58(m): 6:15pm On Jul 31, 2016
Yes uka Di na obi
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 31, 2016
firstking01:

The assembly of the brethren doesn't necessarily means church

In my opinion it simply means being around like minded people - iron sharpens iron

5 Likes

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by nsiazu: 6:17pm On Jul 31, 2016
All those wailers making noise here don't like attending church and I'm 100% sure they didn't attend today. You have Bible to read or you are allowing the devil to make you lazy? Read Hebrews 10:24-27 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.7

Be careful with false doctrines and prophets on these thread!!!!! Happy Sunday everyone and Happy New Month in Advance.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 31, 2016
Yes
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by babatgtr: 6:17pm On Jul 31, 2016
You are born again and u dont go to church, that is error, to born again means to have the life of Christ in you. And d Spirit of God is not a confused Spirit, u can never be born again nd have Christ like life nd be staying at home, A call to salvation is first step for every believer nd den call to work....

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Changed My Life Forever / Catholic Church Will Not Bless Same-sex Marriages: Vatican / Pastor And Wife Welcome Twins After 16 Years Of Childlessness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.