Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude (4267 Views)

The Igbo Attitude Hasn't Changed, From Colonial To Now ! History Is Clear On Tha / Joe Igbokwe On Channels TV, Trends On Twitter / Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude by maclatunji: 9:10am On Jul 31, 2016
When Joe Igbokwe wrote an article recently warning his Igbo kinsmen about the degree of hatred, bigotry and lack of objectivity the majority of them are displaying in Nigeria, a lot of them called him names and the sizeable minority that probably agree with him kept quiet.

Reviewing the comments of Igbos on social media and beyond shows the same traits that Igbokwe complained about. It is these same traits that led Nnamdi Kanu into the net of Nigeria's security agencies despite the fact that he was openly committing treasonable acts with Radio Biafra and the Independent People of Biafra (IPOB). He arrogantly believed he could enter Nigeria without detection.

Many Biafra agitators are under the illusion that they can effectively undermine the Nigerian state to their advantage but the truth is if the Nigerian state were to truly exert its power over them, they would suffer heavy human and material losses.

Igbos are known for their spirit of adventure, business acumen and industry. These qualities serve them better within Nigeria rather than embarking on a destructive quest for Biafra that is largely politically motivated rather than by any pressing need. The Southeast region will benefit more from objective and constructive participation in building Nigeria.

While there are many ethnic groups complaining of marginalization and underdevelopment, I daresay none is as based on mere hatred and bigotry as those of the Biafra agitators. They cannot complain of being starved of federal government resources or environmental degradation which their NigerDelta neighbours readily point to. Therefore, their agitation is largely selfish and not based on any genuine pressing need and as such does not have to lead to destruction and loss of life on a large scale in the Southeast before it is jettisoned and rejected.

16 Likes

Re: Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude by ManMountain(m): 9:14am On Jul 31, 2016
They will rather come here to manifest the same hatred and insult the OP all day.

22 Likes

Re: Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude by omenka(m): 9:15am On Jul 31, 2016
Op, hope you have your bullet proof and full body armour on because they'd come at you with clubs, knives, bayonets, and guns for daring to reiterate the truth spoken by their own brother.

22 Likes

Re: Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude by wowmenow: 9:16am On Jul 31, 2016
Seun
Mynd44

They allow clowns like this to post rubbish like this but if the igbos retaliate they will start banning them

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude by maclatunji: 9:22am On Jul 31, 2016
wowmenow:
Seun
Mynd44

They allow clowns like this to post rubbish like this but if the igbos retaliate they will start banning them

Nairaland says no to secessionists.

18 Likes

Re: Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude by ManMountain(m): 9:31am On Jul 31, 2016
wowmenow:
Seun
Mynd44

Tell me the rule broken

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude by YourMrBoo: 9:34am On Jul 31, 2016
Op if it is greed, tell us the greed there nah, or u stfu...

That some people decided to stay alone is now an act of greed?

Lol, try again...
I understand that Joe igbokwe is your role model after awolowo... grin

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude by ManMountain(m): 9:38am On Jul 31, 2016
YourMrBoo:
Op if it is greed, tell us the greed there nah, or u stfu...

That some people decided to stay alone is now an act of greed?

Lol, try again...
I understand that Joe igbokwe is your role model after awolowo... grin

Be honest! Why is it that it was only after GEJ lost election you realised you need to stay alone.
If you are not being hypocritical, go to Berger and ojota now and see millions of Ibos tripping in just to come and hawk gala and water. Is that a sign of people that want to be ALONE ?

20 Likes

Re: Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude by vivalavida(m): 9:42am On Jul 31, 2016
maclatunji:
When Joe Igbokwe wrote an article recently warning his Igbo kinsmen about the degree of hatred, bigotry and lack of objectivity the majority of them are displaying in Nigeria, a lot of them called him names and the sizeable minority that probably agree with him kept quiet.

Reviewing the comments of Igbos on social media and beyond shows the same traits that Igbokwe complained about. It is these same traits that led Nnamdi Kanu into the net of Nigeria's security agencies despite the fact that he was openly committing treasonable acts with Radio Biafra and the Independent People of Biafra (IPOB). He arrogantly believed he could enter Nigeria without detection.

Many Biafra agitators are under the illusion that they can effectively undermine the Nigerian state to their advantage but the truth is if the Nigerian state were to truly exert its power over them, they would suffer heavy human and material losses.

Igbos are known for their spirit of adventure, business acumen and industry. These qualities serve them better within Nigeria rather than embarking on a destructive quest for Biafra that is largely politically motivated rather than by any pressing need. The Southeast region will benefit more from objective and constructive participation in building Nigeria.

While there are many ethnic groups complaining of marginalization and underdevelopment, I daresay none is as based on mere hatred and bigotry as those of the Biafra agitators. They cannot complain of being starved of federal government resources or environmental degradation which their NigerDelta neighbours readily point to. Therefore, their agitation is largely selfish and not based on any genuine pressing need and as such does not have to lead to destruction and loss of life on a large scale in the Southeast before it is jettisoned and rejected.

Even if u like,agree with the devil. We dont fvcking care. So save your epistle and focus your effort in reclaiming kwara,elepete and ibafo from the various colonialist hell bent on having a share of the South West

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude by pazienza(m): 9:47am On Jul 31, 2016
NigerDelta neighbours readily point to. Therefore, their agitation is largely selfish and not based on any genuine pressing need and as such does not have to lead to destruction and loss of life on a large scale in the Southeast before it is jettisoned and rejected

How exactly is it selfish for Ndiigbo not. to want to share a country with alien groups we have nothing whatsoever in common with?

I await your answers.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude by freeze001(f): 9:48am On Jul 31, 2016
ManMountain:

Be honest! Why is it that it was only after GEJ lost election you realised you need to stay alone.
If you are not being hypocritical, go to Berger and ojota now and see millions of Ibos tripping in just to come and hawk gala and water. Is that a sign of people that want to be ALONE ?

Why was there war b/w 1967-70 in Nigeria? Is it not because the old Eastern region wanted to be alone? When u want to lie tell lies within reason please! Biafran matters didn't start today or just immediately after GEJ lost. IPOB was also in existence long before 2015.
It is fine to be against an ideology or the interests ofor any person or people but please be honourable enough to do it truthfully.

For as long as Nigeria remains one country with deliberate skewing of advantages to favour some over others, the influx will continue!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude by pazienza(m): 9:54am On Jul 31, 2016

It's all funny when Arewa-Odua people claim to know what is good for Ndiigbo than Ndiigbo themselves, even when all available evidence points to the fact that Ndiigbo as a group are on a higher intellectual level than Arewa-Odua people.
How can a people( Arewa-Odua) who are yet to solve their own problems claim to know the solution to Igbo problems more than Igbos themselves who dug themselves out from the ruins of the civil war and once again are ahead of Arewa-Odua people in most aspects of life?

This is all funny, as well as annoying.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude by mazichika: 9:55am On Jul 31, 2016
Op, this is sunday morning so don't provoke me. Go to church and learn wisdom from your pastor.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude by OoduaVanguard: 9:59am On Jul 31, 2016
Igbos = Very silly and confused lot. They are the most bitter and hate-filled set of people in Nigeria. They can't sit their butts in their region yet litter other regions they love to hate like rabbits. I don't get how they reason. If the rest of the country begins to exhibit half the level of bitterness and hatred they spit at others, they'll only amplify their usual whining. Smh.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude by pazienza(m): 10:00am On Jul 31, 2016

No Igbo person is interested in Undermining the Nigerian state, Arewa-Odua people are already doing a good job at that.

The average Igbo man simply does not want to share a nation with Arewa-Odua people, I mean this is as simple as it gets. Have your Nigeria and complete your undermining job of it you started since 1970 when Odua looted and killed Nigerian financial institutions and companies they acquired Post indigenization,and the Arewa looted the Nigerian treasury blank with no tangible development on ground.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude by Justiyke4u: 10:01am On Jul 31, 2016
The best things to do now is to be avoiding any thread which any tribe is mentioned on the topic as I now observed that some people can no longer make any reasonable comment without abusing one tribe or the other. It is very pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude by ManMountain(m): 10:03am On Jul 31, 2016
pazienza:

No Igbo person is interested in Undermining the Nigerian state, Arewa-Odua people are already doing a good job at that.

The average Igbo man simply does not want to share a nation with Arewa-Odua people, I mean this is as simple as it gets. Have your Nigeria and complete your undermining job of it you started since 1970 when Odua looted and killed Nigerian financial institutions and companies they acquired Post indigenization,and the Arewa looted the Nigerian treasury blank with no tangible development on ground.

The bold is a lie!
What then are 70% Ibos living inside Nigeria doing outside Igboland

8 Likes

Re: Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude by ManMountain(m): 10:10am On Jul 31, 2016
freeze001:

Why was there war b/w 1967-70 in Nigeria? Ys it not because the old Eastern region wanted to be alone? When u want to lie tell lies within reason please! Biafran matters didn't start today or just immediately after GEJ lost. IPOB was also in existence long before 2015.
It is fine to be against an ideology or the interests ofor any person or people but please be honourable enough to do it truthfully.

For as long as Nigeria remains one country with deliberate skewing of advantages to favour some over others, the influx will continue!

Which Yeye war?? Your fathers killed other leaders and when other started killing them in retaliation, they ran back to the east and they were only pursued to continue the killings. You think you can kill other people and go scot free?
You all were feeling cool under GEJ as he was the next best thing to you after God, the shock of his defeat led to this nonsense Biafra agitation!
Show me your OWN POST on NL asking to be alone BEFORE GEJ defeat grin
You people think all Nigerians are deceitful and dubious villagers like you ? grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude by Emyogalanya: 10:16am On Jul 31, 2016
U do well na yorobbers no get attitude abi

3 Likes

Re: Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude by fearless2014: 10:19am On Jul 31, 2016
Self determimation is the greatest expression of the spirit of entrepreneurship as is displayed by the Igbos.

Expressing your poltical views against a ruling political organisation is surely within ones scope of right of expression, so nothing wrong with that.

That people like Joe Igbokwe feels uncomfortable about his political aspirations because the people of his stock dislikes his political party is purely his headache alone & no one else.

@op, when your Southwest orchestrated all forms of deceptive propaganda against GEJ on policies like subsidy removal, did you hear any Igboman heckle your tribe?
The Igbos are not comfortable with the current structure of Nigeria & this clueless & useless Buhari/APC government so deal with.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude by pazienza(m): 10:20am On Jul 31, 2016
ManMountain:

The bold is a lie!

What are Millions of Igbos scattered all over Asia, Europe, Africa and North America doing there?

Does it mean we want to share a nation with the entire countries we reside in?

The average Igbo man doesn't want to share a country with Arewa-Odua people, this was why we left Arewa-Oduanistan for you in 1967 and migrated back to the East.

The sentiment and feelings of the average Igbo man towards sharing a country with Arewa-Odua will never change, even in million years to come, you can sample the average Igbo man opinion towards this by visiting many Igbo facebook pages and listen to the young Igbos there.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude by YourMrBoo: 10:21am On Jul 31, 2016
ManMountain:

I guess I was born in 1967 when the Igbos saw the need to be alone..

I guess GEJ was also the president then.

Your eyes and brain will always show your sensation whether stable or unstable...

Why not tell me to go to UK, Isreal, France, Russia, Ghana, Saudi Arabia, USA, Kuala lampur and other high places where Igbo's do their respective businesses...

Oh! I nearly forgot you worship Lagos as your heaven on earth.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude by ManMountain(m): 10:22am On Jul 31, 2016
pazienza:

What are Millions of Igbos scattered all over Asia, Europe, Africa and North America doing there?

Does it mean we want to share a nation with the entire countries we reside in?

The average Igbo man doesn't want to share a country with Arewa-Odua people, this was why we left Arewa-Oduanistan for you in 1967 and migrated back to the East.

The sentiment and feelings of the average Igbo man towards sharing a country with Arewa-Odua will never change, even in million years to come, you can sample the average Igbo man opinion towards this by visiting many Igbo facebook pages and listen to the young Igbos there.

Essentially God has ordained that your destiny, survival and economic wellbeing will always be in the hands of those you so much hate.
Sucks to be you bro

1 Like

Re: Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude by YourMrBoo: 10:23am On Jul 31, 2016
ManMountain:

The bold is a lie!

Who was your statistician... He is really high on osogbo weed...

70% ni 170% ko
grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude by ManMountain(m): 10:27am On Jul 31, 2016
YourMrBoo:

Who was your statistician... He is really high on osogbo weed...

70% ni 170% ko
grin

I'm sure you are writing this from somewhere outside Igboland grin
Are you going home this Xmas ?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude by ManMountain(m): 10:29am On Jul 31, 2016
YourMrBoo:

I guess I was born in 1967 when the Igbos saw the need to be alone..

I guess GEJ was also the president then.

Your eyes and brain will always show your sensation whether stable or instable...

Why not tell me to go UK, Isreal, France, Russia, Ghana, Saudi Arabia, USA, Kuala lampur and other high places where Igbo's do their respective businesses...

Oh! I nearly forgot you worship Lagos as your heaven on earth.

Pick up the pieces of your life and move on, GEJ is history grin

2 Likes

Re: Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude by YourMrBoo: 10:31am On Jul 31, 2016
ManMountain:

Pick up the pieces of your life and move on, GEJ is history grin

Gej is history...

But my heritage is not ..

Now swerve and face your own completely mechanized life of yours.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude by usba: 10:31am On Jul 31, 2016
Unfortunately they will address the OP not the points he has raised.

1 Like

Re: Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude by YourMrBoo: 10:33am On Jul 31, 2016
ManMountain:

I'm sure you are writing this from somewhere outside Igboland grin
Are you going home this Xmas ?
Lol... Am not ashamed of my Villa like yours??

When are you going back to Abeokuta??

16 Likes

Re: Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude by ManMountain(m): 10:36am On Jul 31, 2016
YourMrBoo:

Lol... Am not ashamed of my Villa like yours??

When are you going back to Abeokuta??

You are a witch, I'm actually in Abeokuta, at the Hilltop Esate. No place in Igboland commands the property value that the hilltop in Abeokuta commands.
Google hilltop Abeokuta and get amazed.
Are you doing your annual ritual of traveling to village this Xmas ?

3 Likes

Re: Why I Agree With Joe Igbokwe On Igbo Attitude by ManMountain(m): 10:38am On Jul 31, 2016
YourMrBoo:

Gej is history...

But my heritage is not ..

Now serve and face your own completely mechanized life of yours.

Why then are you still so bittered with Yorubas for kicking out your GEJ messiah.
Get a grip of your life, get focus, GEJ is gone for good. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EndSARS Protests: Enugu Government Suspends Curfew / A Video Of GEJ Presenting National Honours To Deserving Nigerians / Nigeria's Military Positions At 36th In The World According To Global Firepower.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.