Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,018 members, 7,803,407 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old (12598 Views)

J.k.rowling's Fan? Get Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Here + Other Collection / Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Part I & II - Ebook PDF, Kindle / The New Story Of Harry Potter And The Cursed Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 01, 2016
So there's a new Harry Potter book and as fans eagerly await the possibility of a movie deal, reviews have been rolling in.

In fact, within hours of release, the first review came from a ten year old Toby L'Estrange who finished the book in 59 minutes. Toby has this to say about Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.

Phew. Just finished speed reading the new Harry Potter book. My score on a scale of 1-10? I think it’s a 6. My favourite is still Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire – it had lots of fun challenges and you got the best glimpse of Hogwarts).This one’s a bit different from all the others.
Firstly it’s the script for a play, so it’s quite different from reading a novel. The whole story is told through what the characters say to each other – plus some stage directions. But once you get over that, you read it just the same as the others – except the play is in two parts, so the book is too.
Secondly Harry and the others are grown ups which is a bit weird. And they’ve got children. So the story is a mixture of grown ups we sort of know, plus children we don’t know, in Hogwarts which we know well (but now Neville Longbottom is a professor of herbology at the school – Hagrid’s still there – and the head is now Prof McGonagall.
I’m not giving anything away (because JK Rowling introduced all these characters at the end of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows) by telling you that the story is about Harry and Ginny’s children, Albus, James and Lily – but Lily’s too young to go to Hogwarts – and Ron and Hermione’s children, Rose and Hugo, Bill and Fleur’s daughter Victoire, and Tonks and Lupin’s son Teddy (last seen snogging Victoire), and Draco Malfoy’s son Scorpius (who would call their son Scorpius – Draco Malfoy obviously).
But now it gets tricky. What can I write without spoiling the story for you? OK. I’ll try.
It’s a really good story. It’s a very complicated story. It happens in different times, so it’s really helpful if you know all the other books and characters quite well (I do – and so does any other true Harry Potter fan). When I first started it was really difficult to know what was happening because everything was mixed up, but then it all got quite exciting – and a bit (a bit!) clearer.
It’s mostly about Albus Potter and Scorpius Malfoy – which is odd because Harry and Draco were enemies. And Harry and Albus don’t see eye to eye on – well, pretty much everything.
I haven’t really got a favourite character because not many of the characters appear for long. All the scenes are quite short (they might be longer when you watch them.) There’s a sort of cliff hanger at the end of Part One – but actually the way the story is told everything’s quite jumbled with different realities so it’s quite hard to keep track of which reality you’re in.
Who is the cursed child I’ve got three possibilities. I’m not sure – you’ll have to decide.

If you want to know any more, you’ll have to read it yourself. But that’s the whole point. And I think you’re going to love it.

Source: http://skitcentral..com.ng/2016/08/ten-year-olds-review-of-harry-potter.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old by veekid(m): 6:21am On Aug 02, 2016
shocked
Re: Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old by Miscellaneous(m): 6:21am On Aug 02, 2016
10years old for Nigeria now is already in a relationship with hardship. Now, can you tell me how possible it is for such 10years old to think straight.? Nigeria, herself doesn't encourage us to be rational...... we are only swimming in the euphoria that we are the giant of Africa & king in west Africa, one of the biggest lie I grew up with.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old by Psalmuel92(m): 6:22am On Aug 02, 2016
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old by lonelydora: 6:22am On Aug 02, 2016
Why the delete?

1 Like

Re: Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old by DICKtator: 6:23am On Aug 02, 2016
Still not a fan of Harry Potter.

Struggled to read the novel and watch the film's but never did!!

It takes the number 2 Spot in boring!!

grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 02, 2016
Great
Re: Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 02, 2016
Won't be interesting..
Re: Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old by koladebrainiac(m): 6:28am On Aug 02, 2016
Spoiler alert
Re: Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old by kiddoiLL(m): 6:32am On Aug 02, 2016
Amazing....these white kids too sharp...our kids re getting there..we just need to help em more

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old by frozenSun(m): 6:33am On Aug 02, 2016
Awesome.
Re: Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old by eightsin(m): 6:33am On Aug 02, 2016
Re: Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old by fortuneobi(m): 6:34am On Aug 02, 2016
[quote author=Miscellaneous post=48105040]10years old for Nigeria now is already in a relationship with hardship. Now, can you tell me how possible it is for such 10years old to think straight.? Nigeria, herself doesn't encourage us to be rational...... we are only swimming in the euphoria that we are the giant of Africa & king in west Africa, one of the biggest lie I grew up with.u took d words ryte outta my mawt

2 Likes

Re: Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old by jazinogold(m): 6:35am On Aug 02, 2016
grin
Re: Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old by HtwoOw: 6:40am On Aug 02, 2016
Wetin consyn me ? i don pass the age

1 Like

Re: Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old by APCcrimes: 6:44am On Aug 02, 2016
The title should have been "Harry Potter And The Cursed Afonjas."

4 Likes

Re: Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old by KillerBeauty(f): 6:45am On Aug 02, 2016
Would like to read it. I'm a harry Potter fan.
Read just four books though
Re: Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old by Aroh48(m): 6:47am On Aug 02, 2016
God help us
Re: Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old by Kenny4lyfe(m): 6:49am On Aug 02, 2016
A 10 year old kid I know will rather watch Aki and Pawpaw, dance shoki and sing baddest boy!

11 Likes

Re: Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old by armadeo(m): 6:51am On Aug 02, 2016
Really

What was deleted en masse like that.

Also a 10 year old kid reviewed a play? And write like that?

Hmnmmmm!!!!

1 Like

Re: Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old by oboy3(m): 6:54am On Aug 02, 2016
i am not Lazy buh i think i will wait for the Movie
Re: Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old by Ajibel(m): 6:56am On Aug 02, 2016
I'm waiting for someone to upload the free pdf online before I download.

I miss the real HP series doe.

Hermione Granger, my crush kiss embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:00am On Aug 02, 2016
DICKtator:
Still not a fan of Harry Potter.

Struggled to read the novel and watch the film's but never did!!

It takes the number 2 Spot in boring!!

grin grin grin grin

Well, you're missing out. While the Harry Potter novels do not make for great literature or anything of the sort, I dare say that they're a must read for the fantasy genre.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old by Starxx(f): 7:02am On Aug 02, 2016
Who get time for Harry Potter when DNB Stories dey there

1 Like

Re: Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old by Flexherbal(m): 7:02am On Aug 02, 2016
Good. Some Nigerian kids are good at things like this too.

2 Likes

Re: Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old by frubben(m): 7:04am On Aug 02, 2016
Am not a fan jare.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ikomoja The Beast / Nairaland Authors And Their Books (Updated 15th September, 2023) / Let's Make A Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.