Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,769 members, 7,806,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

The MEND Leadership Are Thieves, FG Should Beware - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The MEND Leadership Are Thieves, FG Should Beware (425 Views)

"Nigerians Are Thieves, Thieving Is Part Of Our Culture" - Says Woman / Mend's Charles Okah Fakes Escape From Custody (pics) / FG Should Arrest Ifeanyi Ejiofor, Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer - LAWCONS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The MEND Leadership Are Thieves, FG Should Beware by Godjone(m): 5:05pm On Aug 01, 2016
As the agitation for resource control resurfaced with the new militant group ''Niger Delta Avenger'' blowing up oil intalations in the oil-rich south contunues, its negative implications is already telling on the Nigerian mono-economy.
The government of president Muhammadu Buhari has already agreed to sit on the round table with the agitators to commence a genuine process of dialogue.
However, as commendable as such moves may be viewed, the fedral goverment should rather dialogue with the real actors. They should sieze dialogueing with thieves who called themselves MEND.
To set the record straight, it was the Avengers who were directly connected to the current crisis in the delta. But the rogues called ''MEND'' where quick to start a dialogue with the government thereby reminding me of one Nigerian adage that says ''monkey dey work, baboo dey chop''. The Avengers started the new agitation and MEND wanted to by-pass and hijack the process.
I now ask, why are they quick to start accepting dialogue with the government without consulting elders or even the Avengers who started the new agitation?
The federal government should be deligent in their quest to seeking solution to the crisis in the Niger Delta so that they dialogue process did not end up as an excersice in futility. The real actors in the dialogue innitiative should be the Avengers. MEND are just but hungry thieves trying to reap from where they did not sow.
If the government ignors wise councell and want to proceed in dialogue with a group other than the Avengers, then there may be no end to the Niger Delta crisis and the Nigerian economy might even die.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Elite But Why?????????? Poverty Have, Ethnicity, Why Let Make Nigeria!! / Those Calling For My Extradition To US Are After My Political Ambition: Kashamu / Ugborodo Community Protest Against Chevron Nigeria Limited - Day 3 (live Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.