Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm (12868 Views)

"Under Buhari, Cows Fare Better": Udom Distances Self From Aide's Comment / Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm / Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm by TheFreeOne: 8:40pm On Aug 01, 2016
The majority leader of the House Of Representatives, Mr Femi Gbajabiamila, has distanced himself from having a hand in the ongoing budget padding controversy that has engulfed the House.

In a statement on Monday, the lawmaker said that he has worked well with the Speaker and all other principal officers in a bi-partisan manner and in the interest of the institution and the country.

The statement reads:

“Since the budget controversy that engulfed the House about a week ago, I have pointedly maintained a dignified silence.

“I did this for the sake of the institution I represent and which I have labored hard to grow and protect, knowing that whatever I say could be impactful both within the House and outside it.

“I was determined to keep in place the glue that holds an otherwise fragmented House, protect its integrity and at same time avoid eroding the little confidence and vestiges of hope Nigerians have in us.

“Unfortunately, the controversy has now taken a different turn following the rather strange if not comical text making the rounds amongst members about my complicity in this rather sordid matter. I am being dragged into an arena I tried very hard to stay out of only for the good of the House.

“The Speakership election has come and gone. The election was divisive and acrimonious but I have since worked hard to heal the wounds some of which still fester amongst members on both sides.

“It is my responsibility to bring all tendencies in a House I lead together and I have worked well with the Speaker and all other Principal officers in a bi-partisan manner and in the interest of the institution and the country.

“This text message, which desperately seeks to finger me in some macabre plot to destabilize the House is a throwback and echoes our dark post Speakership election history. The resurfacing or resurgence of the faceless text messengers will not help us as a House and let me quickly add that it will fail.

“My strongest critics and biggest political adversaries in the House cannot deny the fact that my commitment has always been to strengthen the legislature and its processes and our democracy as a whole.

“I consider everyone a friend and colleague and urge that as we collectively work towards a stronger legislature and strive to deepen our democracy, we do not pull back the hands of the clock nor lose sight of the enormous responsibility placed upon us by providence as members of a critical arm of government.

“On the budget issue at hand, it is clear that our budget process needs radical reform and very quickly too.

“Yes, allegations have been made but I strongly believe judgment should not be passed based on allegations. We operate a constitutional democracy and we must at all times submit to its dictates and ethos.

“All parties are innocent until otherwise proven. This should be our guide. I plead with all members. The mudslinging must stop.”

http://www.channelstv.com/2016/08/01/budget-padding-gbajabiamila-distances-self-calls-calm/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm by justhelp(m): 9:04pm On Aug 01, 2016
I concur

5 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm by DIVINE78: 9:07pm On Aug 01, 2016
A good one.

7 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm by abdul4new(m): 9:25pm On Aug 01, 2016
Cool headed and corruption free, Our next speaker INSHAH ALLAH . I know some wailers will not like this News.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm by seunmsg(m): 9:27pm On Aug 01, 2016
Very mature reaction from the house leader. He should not join Dogara and Jibrin in their mud fight.

EFCC and ICPC should thoroughly investigate all the allegations raised and anybody that is found culpable should be prosecuted.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm by wowmenow: 9:30pm On Aug 01, 2016
Gbaja stop deceiving yourself they can't pad budget without your consent

You should have continue in silence you think Buhari will sacrifice his fulani kinsmen for you

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm by abdul4new(m): 9:31pm On Aug 01, 2016
wowmenow:
Gbaja stop deceiving yourself they can't pad budget without your consent

You should have continue in silence you think Buhari will sacrifice his fulani kinsmen for you
What is your concern ? Must you display your hatred for Buhari every where.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm by cktheluckyman: 9:42pm On Aug 01, 2016
Femi shut up you thief!!! You have been caught dipping your hands inside the cookie jar so STFU!!

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm by TheFreeOne: 9:45pm On Aug 01, 2016
Can a budget be padded without your knowledge/input as majority leader.

Abeg bros leave story and let the mudslinging continues for you guys to expose your buffoonery and corrupt ridden closets.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm by policy12: 10:18pm On Aug 01, 2016
Nice one I don't av much to say but I know the associations of haters and wailers av,so wailers the floor is urs.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm by solid3(m): 10:29pm On Aug 01, 2016
Dogara is in deep youghourt.

He is supposed to be the one making press statement but, the Bros don go hide, hoping things wld have calmed down by September when the house will resume and he will suspend Jubril.

Dogara is a gonner.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm by OKKO(m): 10:32pm On Aug 01, 2016
Gbaja keep quite and stop rigmarolling! Go straight to the point. U are the house leader and over 400bn was inserted into budget as special projects and U folded your hands and got nothing! The speaker alone got about 30bn and other principal officers including minority leader got something and U were "saintly" not involved. Why was Tibunu threatening fire for U to become Speaker if not because he want U to add some padding that will be later awarded to him and his cronies!

Stop lying please!

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm by TheFreeOne: 10:38pm On Aug 01, 2016
solid3:
Dogara is in deep youghourt.

He is supposed to be the one making press statement but, the Bros don go hide, hoping things wld have calmed down by September when the house will resume and he will suspend Jubril.

Dogara is a gonner.

Jibrin is playing a script likely written by APC leadership/Buhari and in cahoot with OBJ.

Anyway let's see how far this will go and those that'll be consumed if it's not swept under the carpet.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm by mazichika: 12:11am On Aug 02, 2016
He didn't even deny the allegation from jubrin

Jubrin said all principal officers of the house of reps padded the bdget so oga go and clear r name.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm by sayyid(m): 8:20am On Aug 02, 2016
what is this man trying to say?
as far as am concerned all the principal officers have hands in the paded budget. bunch of thieves

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm by thecrush: 8:21am On Aug 02, 2016
HAY-PEE-SEE

2 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm by justicejay(m): 8:21am On Aug 02, 2016
Nice one man.
But you for teach dogora some things too
Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm by autodoctor: 8:22am On Aug 02, 2016
Dignified silence my ar53. Are you afraid of speaking the truth?

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 02, 2016
A case where dogs are the protectors of some pieces of beefs
Only the simple minded would think the meats wont be tampered with

“Observing under a mango tree”

2 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm by MzMercie: 8:24am On Aug 02, 2016
Owk, more to come ova this issue
Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm by drss2(m): 8:24am On Aug 02, 2016
guilty concience don dey worry femi. why d long face grin
if u tink buari is not behind d confussion in house of reps den u ar still a toddler in politics. d dullard is using bribery, divide n rule tactics (advice by OBJ) in house of reps to remove n change d leadership. dem executive arm don settle jibrin with mouth watering offers to open him mouth. unfortunately for d executive, dis interferance n confusion in national assembly will come back to haunt dem. just wait n see wat will happen to 2017 budget. grin d way dem go do buari shege, notin go move. honestly nigerians don enta one chance.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm by Kaybee14(m): 8:24am On Aug 02, 2016
Let's wait & see how it will unfold. I just hope all the allegations would not end as inconclusive & swept under the carpet because the more you look, the less you see when it comes to Nigeria politics.

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm by Timoleon(m): 8:25am On Aug 02, 2016
Kaybee14:
Let's wait & see how it will unfold. I just hope all the allegations would not end as inconclusive & swept under the carpet because the more you look, the less you see when it comes to Nigeria politics.
this is my fear.

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm by wunmi590(m): 8:26am On Aug 02, 2016
Trying to distance himself from padding so that, when impeachment comes he can become the speaker, you all are thief as far as am concern.

Politicians and lie are like bread and butter

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm by olaskul(m): 8:27am On Aug 02, 2016
Tinubu in Action.

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm by eleko1: 8:27am On Aug 02, 2016
sad sad sad Gbaja, pls stop supporting those useless thieves. Dongo , Didirin must go.Those irresponsible goats make pipu insulted Baba Daura on diz budget issue.Wish baba Daura nah Joko Widodo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm by hazyfm1: 8:27am On Aug 02, 2016
I am highly disappointed in Gbaja

We lack honest politicians in our Country.

#Shame

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm by Emeka71(m): 8:27am On Aug 02, 2016
I see.
Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm by Ask4Info: 8:27am On Aug 02, 2016
Every single one of these individuals should shut up and bury their smelling heads in shame. None of them has a clean hand.

The very same Gbajabiamila that was linked to constituency projects in Niger and Osun states to the tune of a whole FOUR BILLION NAIRA. When did Gbajabiamila become an indigene of Lagos, Osun and Niger State all at once?

These people's fights are never for any good course. Whenever they disagree, it is because one party feels cheated or sidelined. Settle them and watch all of them mock the poor and ignorant masses.

Has anyone heard anything from Remi Tinubu after they made her Chairperson For the Senate Committee on Environment? No! Because she is now eating fat and have abandoned all those women who protested in Lagos on her behalf few weeks ago. Let Saraki replace her, then she will start screaming all over again.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm by MidasTouche01(m): 8:28am On Aug 02, 2016
Omolomo, he no want make them drag his already soiled name in fresh mud ni....
Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm by lekkipropertyy: 8:28am On Aug 02, 2016
Make gbaja defend himself... Are you part of the corrupt practices ? Yea or no. Lobatan

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dapchi: DSS Negotiated Release Of Abducted Girls - Defense Headquarters Reveals / Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers Disrupt Fuel Loading / Federal Govt Under Pressure To Arrest Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.