Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,506 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days (25651 Views)

N80b Salary Debt: Akeredolu Begs Ondo Workers To Waive Outstanding Salaries / Rochas Introduces 'Back 2 Land Scheme',Civil Servants 2 Farm Thursdays & Fridays / Fayose Urges Workers To Call Off Strike, Says APC Should Cover Face In Shame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days by ogawisdom(m): 9:38am On Aug 02, 2016
Lets be realistic the major drive for this is d impending salary slash. I dnt see y d unemployed youth of imo will nt b sufficient to carryout this project plus every other interested person. Y act like every civil servant must farm, it's a matter of interest.

D program will b almost dead on arrival d way it is pursued. Y d rush to implement public discussion shld ve been done for some time b4 implementation. It will still fail like other programs Rochas introduced angry
Re: Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days by Obongabkeys(m): 9:49am On Aug 02, 2016
kettykin:

The civil service in imo state has been reduced to the level of redundancy that would make imo civil service a joke, the same APC is busy importing grass from another country.
3 working days out of 5 working days simply means on Thursday and Friday the state machinery grinds to a halt

OOOOOOOO!! PLEASE FOR GOODNESS SAKE.. CAN YOU PLEASE KEEP QUIET?
Re: Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days by Abagworo(m): 9:51am On Aug 02, 2016
Onegai:

What they need is commercial agriculture, large scale farming to produce crops that are viable in the markets of Nigeria and Africa. So they can generate revenue for the state to fix those appalling roads or is Rochas planning on having people pay taxes via tubers of yams? People in the villages are not starving, they are surrounded by farmlands. They don't have money to do other things like access quality education, good healthcare and start manufacturing businesses. Farms in schools should be geared towards research, they can sell that research to companies (that is what is done in working countries). This governor is codedly trying to slash salaries. He should reduce his workforce in the civil service and offer them mechanized farming apparatus with the little money he has, reduce political appointees and aides and take a pay cut himself and the deputy governor and every single commissioner. Offer tax incentives to anyone with a viable manufacturing proposal (he has the manpower) and fix his roads partially.

Why is it that no governor is speaking of reducing aides and slashing their own salaries and those of political appointees ?

Everything you wrote have they not been repeatedly tried ? Beyond politics you can enquire if indeed those things are not already there. This idea is good IMHO as long as the salaries are not yet slashed. It only proves the workers are irrelevant in running the affairs of the State but were just attached to create false sense of employment either by this Government or the past ones.
Re: Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days by preciousMI1(f): 9:55am On Aug 02, 2016
Standing5:
No. The governor is being realistic by reducing number work days and work load by 40%. It is only a matter of time before he proposes a 40% pay reduction. Their effort has no bearing with their pay n it is natural they flow with the tide instead of harrassing the ship's captain.
you know something
Re: Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days by Onegai(f): 10:27am On Aug 02, 2016
Abagworo:

Everything you wrote have they not been repeatedly tried ? Beyond politics you can enquire if indeed those things are not already there. This idea is good IMHO as long as the salaries are not yet slashed. It only proves the workers are irrelevant in running the affairs of the State but were just attached to create false sense of employment either by this Government or the past ones.

They have not been tried. I've worked for a state government before to know that the amount of lipservice paid to what the reality on ground is, is huge. If course they are going to slash salaries, even a blind man can see that coming.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 02, 2016
[size=38pt]
Igbo land is this bad because we are a greedy set of individuals, In Nigeria our main goal is
to gather wealth and ignore the welfare of our next generation, Look at Imo state, so trerrible, dirty
yet if Rochas comes next time, you guys will still vote for him after he buys you guys 400 naira recharge cards.

Look at Lagos, you will see that the Yoruba's are far ahead of us, someone wlll shout "Lagos was the formal capitital
but also remember that An Igbo man was the First President of Nigeria....

It is because of our greed and love for only Containers carrying goods that has made igbo land still the way it is.... and thats the main reason you hardly find an Igbo man in power...

As for Abia state..... That one is the worst , no development no improvement....

FOR the record am an Igbo boy from Imo state.........
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days by calcal: 11:14am On Aug 02, 2016
Going to farm? where? which person farm land? the labour? the money? something is going on there?
Re: Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days by Abagworo(m): 11:36am On Aug 02, 2016
badboy92:
[size=38pt]
Igbo land is this bad because we are a greedy set of individuals, In Nigeria our main goal is
to gather wealth and ignore the welfare of our next generation, Look at Imo state, so trerrible, dirty
yet if Rochas comes next time, you guys will still vote for him after he buys you guys 400 naira recharge cards.

Look at Lagos, you will see that the Yoruba's are far ahead of us, someone wlll shout "Lagos was the formal capitital

It is because of our greed and love for only Containers carrying goods that has made igbo land still the way it is.... and thats the main reason you hardly find an Igbo man in power...

As for Abia state..... That one is the worst , no development no improvement....

You see only negative if yoir mindset is about that. Many parts of Lagos are beyond redemption in terms of development but you choose to see the good part and so is it for every other State. Imo State is not doing badly in any way aside media campaign to dwarf it's good. The recent demolition of houses along most major roads and the ongoing evacuation of their debris has created room for mischief makers to give a wrong impression of our roads. In the nearest future the roads will be completed and will look wider, better than they used to. It is better to encourage positive development than to blackmail Government with it.
Re: Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days by Abagworo(m): 11:41am On Aug 02, 2016
calcal:
Going to farm? where? which person farm land? the labour? the money? something is going on there?

http://m.guardian.ng/news/imo-assembly-mulls-agric-settlements-estates/

http://www.channelstv.com/2016/04/09/imo-sets-aside-n2-billion-loan-to-support-msmes-farmers/

Everything has been open except for those who know the truth but choose to lie to themselves.
Re: Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days by batista181(m): 11:43am On Aug 02, 2016
RRoyaId:
Imo state is cursed. They should closed the state down and chase away every body including Okoroawusa cool
Are an ass hol for saying this what do you know about EASTAN HEART LAND
Re: Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days by RRoyaId: 11:45am On Aug 02, 2016
[s]
batista181:

Are an ass hol for saying this what do you know about EASTAN HEART LAND
[/s]

Please go and complete primary three..lemme see front abeg!
Re: Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days by thugluvfem(m): 12:09pm On Aug 02, 2016
Nice initiative and concept from the imo state government. We the youth can do more for our country instead of the govt workers only. Check out my mouth last month..
https://www.nairaland.com/3243851/unlock-potential-agriculture-common-good
Re: Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days by july66: 1:16pm On Aug 02, 2016
Abagworo:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=931089980369551&id=504315843046969&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1241029745928432%3Atl_objid.1241029745928432%3Athid.100000642546463%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1472713199%3A-7876064436474387937&__tn__=%2As
He says when oil price was high those in charge blew the money. You must be out of your mind. When Okonjo Iweala created the excess crude account, you the governors insisted on sharing the money. You even took the FG to court then. Perhaps you think we have forgotten. I wonder when this blame will end.
Re: Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days by Jacko1(m): 1:20pm On Aug 02, 2016
How the hell did ApC still win senator elections for imo north
Abeg
Abeg
Abeg
All this wallowing dey turn ma belle
Chop una cake and have it

1 Like

Re: Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 02, 2016
Abagworo:

You see only negative if yoir mindset is about that. Many parts of Lagos are beyond redemption in terms of development but you choose to see the good part and so is it for every other State. Imo State is not doing badly in any way aside media campaign to dwarf it's good. The recent demolition of houses along most major roads and the ongoing evacuation of their debris has created room for mischief makers to give a wrong impression of our roads. In the nearest future the roads will be completed and will look wider, better than they used to. It is better to encourage positive development than to blackmail Government with it.

Mehn, Go to the Road linking FUTO to owerri, just like Cake when it gets rainy, We are slow and should keep up the pace with other states, Rocas built a fountain at Owerri spending more than 500 million naira, tell me, is that what Owerri needs?
Even in USA, London etc there are bad places but thats doesnt mean they are slow in terms of development, I guess you don live in Owerri thats why you staying this... The truth is, We Igbo's should stop being slow and start setting the pace...

You might say am looking at things from a negative perspective, you might be right to some degree but am definitely not a mediocre and always demand the best in whatever i do...

1 Like

Re: Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days by youngdad: 1:27pm On Aug 02, 2016
Mr Governor please go and ask former enugu state governor chime,present Anambra state governor what governance is all about.Dede Sam Mbakwe will be frowning in his grace by now.What a shame,all the same thanks for setting our state 100 years backward.Posterity will reward you.
Re: Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:53pm On Aug 02, 2016
Abagworo:

Okorocha can equally arrange for such a show of shame but it's better being realistic than making false claims like Obiano. If indeed you encourage Government being the highest employer of labour then you need a lot of grow up in economic affairs. What Okorocha is experimenting might turn out a viable option for Nigeria as a whole and should be appreciated while we all study the outcome within it's one year lifespan.

Show me evidence where Obiano made false claim....SHOW ME!

1 Like

Re: Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:59pm On Aug 02, 2016
Rochas is an incompetent buffoon. That man has no administrative know-how. The moment that fool got sworn in and he gave free education up to University level I instantly knew Imo is doomed. No feasibility studies no strategy..smh
All that fool keep telling people is how he is gonna build new york in Imo with no plans on how he is going to produce the funds....lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:00pm On Aug 02, 2016
Jacko1:
How the hell did ApC still win senator elections for imo north
Abeg
Abeg
Abeg
All this wallowing dey turn ma belle
Chop una cake and have it

Because ndi Imo let him emasculate them...sign of weakness!

1 Like

Re: Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days by Abagworo(m): 3:02pm On Aug 02, 2016
Reducing your work days is another way of saying, "You are redundant. Can you please resign? We are just tolerating you. Your job is not necessary anyway. We are just doing you a favour."

This is the true analysis
Re: Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:03pm On Aug 02, 2016
Abagworo:
Reducing your work days is another way of saying, "You are redundant. Can you please resign? We are just tolerating you. Your job is not necessary anyway. We are just doing you a favour."

This is the true analysis

I want to believe you are no trying to compare Rochas to Akpokuedike Aguleri!
Re: Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days by Mrjo(m): 3:16pm On Aug 02, 2016
Everything, who start farming by august in east? More over did they like farming and leave it to join white colar job?
Abagworo:

What is bad about this policy?
Re: Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days by Abagworo(m): 3:27pm On Aug 02, 2016
badboy92:

Mehn, Go to the Road linking FUTO to owerri, just like Cake when it gets rainy, We are slow and should keep up the pace with other states, Rocas built a fountain at Owerri spending more than 500 million naira, tell me, is that what Owerri needs?
Even in USA, London etc there are bad places but thats doesnt mean they are slow in terms of development, I guess you don live in Owerri thats why you staying this... The truth is, We Igbo's should stop being slow and start setting the pace...

You might say am looking at things from a negative perspective, you might be right to some degree but am definitely not a mediocre and always demand the best in whatever i do...

Funny you can only mention at most 20 to 50 bad roads in Imo but how many are in other States? You judge from positive point of view not negative. Port Harcourt alone has 5 times more bad roads than Owerri, Uyo has more bad roads too. It's all about negative media coverage than good governance.

I don't deem it wise to keep using double standards or mere assumptions in our judgements. What I have come to realise is that Okorocha has departed from trying to please the people with window dressing since he has nothing to lose and belongs to the ruling party. He is presently in aggressive reformist agenda that will hurt so many today but will be appreciated in years to come. He created the high wage bill for himself when he raised Imo minimum wage above national average to please people. The Anambra Governor then who was Peter Obi was able to wrestle his way out because he was in his 2nd tenure and working with FG just like Okorocha presently is. At the end of the day Obiano came in and inherited affordable wage bill after Peter Obi fought the war with labour.

Finally stop entertaining beer palour gossip. I don't know much about inner happenings in Imo State Government activities but I keep myself informed using direct enquiries from people on ground. The value of the fountains is unknown and so is the Xmas tree rumoured by Ihedioha to be worth 600million. Imo State is not as rich as you might presume and running free education eats up a chunk of the State income.
Re: Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 02, 2016
cascarino:
. I know you're not an imolite, why trouble yourself with the state's problem? LEAVE IT FOR IMOLITES! STOP TAKING PANADOL FOR ANOTHER MAN'S HEADACHE BRO!

Ndi Imo are tired of complaining, let others see our plight and lament on our behalf biko!!
Re: Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days by RRoyaId: 3:47pm On Aug 02, 2016
You no go ever learn. Stop mentioning Anambra and it's people in whatever guise. I will soon relocate to this thread to threat your fvckup.

[s]
Abagworo:

Funny you can only mention at most 20 to 50 bad roads in Imo but how many are in other States? You judge from positive point of view not negative. Port Harcourt alone has 5 times more bad roads than Owerri, Uyo has more bad roads too. It's all about negative media coverage than good governance.

I don't deem it wise to keep using double standards or mere assumptions in our judgements. What I have come to realise is that Okorocha has departed from trying to please the people with window dressing since he has nothing to lose and belongs to the ruling party. He is presently in aggressive reformist agenda that will hurt so many today but will be appreciated in years to come. He created the high wage bill for himself when he raised Imo minimum wage above national average to please people. The Anambra Governor then who was Peter Obi was able to wrestle his way out because he was in his 2nd tenure and working with FG just like Okorocha presently is. At the end of the day Obiano came in and inherited affordable wage bill after Peter Obi fought the war with labour.

Finally stop entertaining beer palour gossip. I don't know much about inner happenings in Imo State Government activities but I keep myself informed using direct enquiries from people on ground. The value of the fountains is unknown and so is the Xmas tree rumoured by Ihedioha to be worth 600million. Imo State is not as rich as you might presume and running free education eats up a chunk of the State income.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 02, 2016
badboy92:
[size=38pt]

[/size]

All you have said are true, but it gets much worse in the rural areas where half a plate of rice without meat is enough to buy a vote.
People should start thinking of empowering the villagers in concrete terms, agricultural inputs, fertilisers, tractors, oil Mills etc.
As for Roaches, posterity will judge; Imo has never had it this rough and it won't get better till the people rise and retake their mandate.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 02, 2016
youngdad:
Mr Governor please go and ask former enugu state governor chime,present Anambra state governor what governance is all about.Dede Sam Mbakwe will be frowning in his grace by now.What a shame,all the same thanks for setting our state 100 years backward.Posterity will reward you.

Mbakwe's grave has been flooded with his own tears cry cry
Re: Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days by MattChidi(m): 5:00pm On Aug 02, 2016
oh my Imo my Imo. Has it degenerate to this? This policy won't solve our many problems. Governor Okoroacha why not focus on commercial mechanized farming by the state government instead of going back to subsistence farming by individuals. This your new policy won't do any magic i tell you.
Re: Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days by Abagworo(m): 6:29pm On Aug 02, 2016
MattChidi:
oh my Imo my Imo. Has it degenerate to this? This policy won't solve our many problems. Governor Okoroacha why not focus on commercial mechanized farming by the state government instead of going back to subsistence farming by individuals. This your new policy won't do any magic i tell you.

There is focus on that already which people are fighting but the workers will benefit more from their personal farms than large scale comoany farms.
Re: Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days by MattChidi(m): 1:04pm On Aug 04, 2016
Abagworo:

How will they benefit? What season are we in now? Brother this policy ain't gonna work.

There is focus on that already which people are fighting but the workers will benefit more from their personal farms than large scale comoany farms.
Re: Imo Introduces “Back To Land For Agriculture", Workers To Work For 3 Days by lollybae(f): 8:04pm On Aug 04, 2016
calcal:
hi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fake Journalists Who Stole Phones At Wedding Of Gov. Amosun's Daughter, Arrested / Two Ex-governors, 103 Others In Trouble Over N5tr Debts / 774,000 Jobs: Senate Committee & Keyamo Exchange Words (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.