Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,520 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Miracles And Faith Acts - Should They Always Be Accompanied By Seeds/offerings? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Miracles And Faith Acts - Should They Always Be Accompanied By Seeds/offerings? (1591 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Miracles And Faith Acts - Should They Always Be Accompanied By Seeds/offerings? by Theblessed(f): 8:39pm On Sep 20, 2009
[b]I Strongly believe in God Almighty, Jesus Christ his only Son our Saviour and the Holy Spirit, Amen!

But I have a Dilemma here, I would like genuine and true Christian Brothers/Sisters to please, help if you can.  Also, as a democrat, I welcome every opinion - no matter how negative. 

You see, some Religious Ministries that claims Miracles and Prophesies these days seems to worry me a lot with their attitudes towards money. They Prophesy a lot of things that are yet to be manifested and at the same token make requests of seeds sowing and offerings into the Ministry.  Personally, I do not consider it wrong in sowing seeds and giving thanks Offerings to God's Words the best you can, as God has given his Authority to this in Corinthians ? Ch.v 'To give generously and according to our abilities'. (Sorry, can't remember the chapter right now!)

However, my confusion here is sometimes, they hint on how much one should sow or openly request a particular amount of money to be sowed, why? Is this appropriate for a God's Ministry to do so or,

If so, is it the Will of God they request Seeds and Offerings from almost every prayer need (one has), Prophesy and it's accompanying Faith Acts in honour of God's Words? To make these request seem appropriate, they go on to justify them with a quote from the Bible "One must not come to God with Empty hands".  Please, educate me here as I am considering backing off the whole idea of joining a Ministry but please, don't suggest any Ministry either as I know the Holy Spirit will lead here. Thanks in anticipation!
[/b]
Re: Miracles And Faith Acts - Should They Always Be Accompanied By Seeds/offerings? by petres007(m): 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2009
@poster,

Try studying your bible properly. You should find that the new covenant in which we now live (or should now live, since some people obviously prefer the old one, which Jesus came to set us free from) is based on God's grace and not works! All those offerings and seeds etc. are not required of Christians!

Most of the men who masquerade as men of god don't even know their left from their right (or maybe they do, but deliberately choose to deceive people since they won't study their bibles for themselves but rely on "every word that comes out of the mouth of the man of god"wink.

Please study your bible. Please. Most of your questions should be answered. wink
Re: Miracles And Faith Acts - Should They Always Be Accompanied By Seeds/offerings? by Theblessed(f): 8:13pm On Sep 21, 2009
petres_007:

@poster,

Try studying your bible properly. You should find that the new covenant in which we now live (or should now live, since some people obviously prefer the old one, which Jesus came to set us free from) is based on God's grace and not works! All those offerings and seeds etc. are not required of Christians!

Most of the men who masquerade as men of god don't even know their left from their right (or maybe they do, but deliberately choose to deceive people since they won't study their bibles for themselves but rely on "every word that comes out of the mouth of the man of god"wink.

Please study your bible. Please. Most of your questions should be answered.  wink

Thanks ever-so-much Petres_007!

Will do much more now as advised.  However, I do study my Bible though not as I should.  Because of work,  related issues and personal life, one can sometimes be reluctant at doing anything positive in that regard but will now try harder.  Again, thanks for your support!       

Re: Miracles And Faith Acts - Should They Always Be Accompanied By Seeds/offerings? by Atheists: 8:17pm On Sep 21, 2009
Religion is the greatest fraud ever to be commited by men.
Re: Miracles And Faith Acts - Should They Always Be Accompanied By Seeds/offerings? by petres007(m): 10:43am On Sep 22, 2009
Atheists:

Religion is the greatest fraud ever to be commited by men.

Did you have to say something? undecided
Re: Miracles And Faith Acts - Should They Always Be Accompanied By Seeds/offerings? by petres007(m): 10:46am On Sep 22, 2009
Theblessed:

Thanks ever-so-much Petres_007!

Will do much more now as advised.  However, I do study my Bible though not as I should.  Because of work,  related issues and personal life, one can sometimes be reluctant at doing anything positive in that regard but will now try harder.  Again, thanks for your support!       

You're welcome! wink

I do hope you can squeeze out the time to do a proper study of the bible and get to know true, biblical christianity for your self. If most of the people who profess Christ today would just take out time to do this, these conmen calling themselves men of god today would be out of business in no time.
Re: Miracles And Faith Acts - Should They Always Be Accompanied By Seeds/offerings? by Theblessed(f): 3:18pm On Sep 26, 2009
Just wondering if there are still Christians on here or   If there are please, respond or are you afraid of what to say in case you hurt someone?  Well, don't worry, you won't hurt me.  I'm a Democrat and believe in freedom of speech - just say what you think 'cos I need your opinion.  It doesn't matter, how strange, urgly or negative - your contribution is important to me.  Thanks and God bless!!!
Re: Miracles And Faith Acts - Should They Always Be Accompanied By Seeds/offerings? by petres007(m): 3:26pm On Sep 26, 2009
Hello lady, wink

Em, if you're a Christian then the only opinion that should matter to you is God's. And you find that out by properly studying his word. smiley
Re: Miracles And Faith Acts - Should They Always Be Accompanied By Seeds/offerings? by Theblessed(f): 11:06pm On Sep 26, 2009
petres_007:

Hello lady,    wink

Em,  if you're a Christian then the only opinion that should matter to you is God's. And you find that out by properly studying his word.  smiley

You are quite right Petre_007.  God's word is the only and final answer.  But this is a forum where people need to air their opinions and share experiences and I will be most grateful if they would share them. I need to know how they dealt with situations as this and that's the learning curve for myself and everyone here.
Re: Miracles And Faith Acts - Should They Always Be Accompanied By Seeds/offerings? by trekkie: 2:31am On Sep 27, 2009
oral roberts claims the revelation of seed faith was given to him 61 yrs ago by God. i believe him. he says it worked for him to get out of debt but you know in the christian world, there are always bandwagoners. everyone jumps on every new revelation given to someone else rather than seek god for themselves. of course God does not always require seed/offering for miracles that would make them bribery. if you remember the story of naaman the leper, when he attempted to give elisha the gifts, elisha rejected the gifts. seeding may be required on occasion but you need to hear from god. that is why god desires a personal relationship with everyone. the pastor should not be your middle man to god but he is your shepherd. that is not to say that God does not reveal stuff to his servants to tell his children but we too should learn to cultivate that intimacy with HIm.
Re: Miracles And Faith Acts - Should They Always Be Accompanied By Seeds/offerings? by Nobody: 5:53am On Sep 27, 2009
Hey lady, it varies from the biblical perspective in which you see the whole scenario, however u also do not expect all the so-called Christians of the New Covenant (New Testament Laws) to abide by it, there must be false doctrines which contradicts the New Testament Laws of Jesus Christ.
This is the more reason why U and I need the Holy Spirit to guide us through to know what and do the right things.

If u read the book of Hebrews 11 there u'll find out what "FAITH" is all about as faith is what interpretes our actual position with God in the Christian race.

@Topic.
You need to know what works best for u, though i myself am not so grinded in the word but by His Grace i can do all things. The only Law i know of is the commandment of "Sowing Seeds" and giving/paying Tithes and Offerings. Jesus made so much emphasis on these. (can't place any reference now)
NOW!! The bible says do not judge nor condemn 'a man of God (my opinion), yes i know there are false pastors and prophets, Just know what works best for you by sowing seeds for prayers. I'll be back to tell u more.
Re: Miracles And Faith Acts - Should They Always Be Accompanied By Seeds/offerings? by petres007(m): 6:16pm On Sep 27, 2009
trekkie:

oral roberts claims the revelation of seed faith was given to him 61 yrs ago by God. i believe him. he says it worked for him to get out of debt but you know in the christian world, there are always bandwagoners. everyone jumps on every new revelation given to someone else rather than seek god for themselves. of course God does not always require seed/offering for miracles that would make them bribery. if you remember the story of naaman the leper, when he attempted to give elisha the gifts, elisha rejected the gifts. seeding may be required on occasion but you need to hear from god. that is why god desires a personal relationship with everyone. the pastor should not be your middle man to god but he is your shepherd. that is not to say that God does not reveal stuff to his servants to tell his children but we too should learn to cultivate that intimacy with HIm.

You see, thats one of the major problems with Christendom today:

A "man of god" claims God who according to the scriptures, has spoken (once for all time) very clearly through his Son, and by extension the apostles, supposedly spoke to him privately telling him things ("revelations"wink that are contrary to his already revealed Word. And you "believe him"?

I find this quite amazing! embarassed

brein:

Hey lady, it varies from the biblical perspective in which you see the whole scenario, however u also do not expect all the so-called Christians of the New Covenant (New Testament Laws) to abide by it, there must be false doctrines which contradicts the New Testament Laws of Jesus Christ.
This is the more reason why U and I need the Holy Spirit to guide us through to know what and do the right things.

If u read the book of Hebrews 11 there u'll find out what "FAITH" is all about as faith is what interpretes our actual position with God in the Christian race.

@Topic.
You need to know what works best for u, though i myself am not so grinded in the word but by His Grace i can do all things. The only Law i know of is the commandment of "Sowing Seeds" and giving/paying Tithes and Offerings. Jesus made so much emphasis on these. (can't place any reference now)
NOW!! The bible says do not judge nor condemn 'a man of God (my opinion), yes i know there are false pastors and prophets, Just know what works best for you by sowing seeds for prayers. I'll be back to tell u more.

#1. No bros, our own no go different na. We have the scriptures for guidance, and besides, it was through the scriptures that the Holy Spirit "guided" the early believers. Not having private conferences with them. grin

#2. Christianity has nothing to do with what works, like you've said, and like our so-called men of god preach today - it's about the TRUTH! Whether it "works" or not - whatever you mean by "work".

ANyway, @the Blessed, you asked for varying views and now you have it. However, if you want to arrive at the truth, there's only one source - the scriptures.

It is well.
Re: Miracles And Faith Acts - Should They Always Be Accompanied By Seeds/offerings? by trekkie: 10:35pm On Sep 27, 2009
Re: Miracles And Faith Acts - Should They Always Be Accompanied By Seeds/offerings? by Theblessed(f): 12:12am On Sep 28, 2009
trekkie:

Trekkie, thanks for your eye opener!  Well appreciated!  Other brothers share the same view and I agree with you all.  Cheers and God bless!
Re: Miracles And Faith Acts - Should They Always Be Accompanied By Seeds/offerings? by Theblessed(f): 12:24am On Sep 28, 2009
petres_007:

You see, thats one of the major problems with Christendom today:

A "man of god" claims God who according to the scriptures,  has spoken (once for all time) very clearly  through his Son, and by extension the apostles, supposedly spoke to him privately telling him things ("revelations"wink that are contrary to his already revealed Word. And you "believe him"?

I find this quite amazing!  embarassed

#1. No bros, our own no go different na. We have the scriptures for guidance, and besides, it was through the scriptures that the Holy Spirit "guided" the early believers. Not having private conferences with them.  grin

#2. Christianity has nothing to do with what works, like you've said, and like our so-called men of god preach today - it's about the TRUTH! Whether it "works" or not - whatever you mean by "work".

ANyway, @the Blessed, you asked for varying views and now you have it. However, if you want to arrive at the truth, there's only one source -  the scriptures. It is well. 

Hi petres_007, thanks for the hard work in seeking out the truth for me! Quite true I asked for various opinions and I now have it.  To be honest, I am loving it as I can properly analyse things now, based on these responses.  Again, thanks for your support and God bless you!
Re: Miracles And Faith Acts - Should They Always Be Accompanied By Seeds/offerings? by Theblessed(f): 12:30am On Sep 28, 2009
brein:

@Topic.

Hi Brien!  Very helpful post indeed.  Thanks-ever-so-much and God bless!
Re: Miracles And Faith Acts - Should They Always Be Accompanied By Seeds/offerings? by KunleOshob(m): 11:42am On Sep 28, 2009
@brein
You are a liar, Jesus NEVER emphasized offerings, tithes and seed sowing. His only emphasis was giving to the poor and the needy and it is crooked pastors that are twisting his word to get the flock to give to them instead.

(1) (Reply)

. / I Have No Private Jet Yet, Says Sam Adeyemi. / Intelligent Design Is Not The Same As Creationism?: Thoughts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.