Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,052 members, 7,807,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us (6006 Views)

Sultan Releases Telephone Numbers To Report Sighting Of New Moon / Sultan Announces MOON Sighting For Ramadan / Jonathan Names Sultan As Leader Of FG Delegation To 2014 Hajj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by Abuzola(m): 10:55pm On Sep 20, 2009
Assalamu alaikum, ayyuhal ikwan. For the past few days it has become a hot debate and i feel like sharing my view with you.

Some weeks before the commencement of Ramadan, the muslim leaders in Nigeria including the sultan had a discussion on how to commence and end the fasting together regardless of region differences. Many of us believed they have reached a final conclusion in their discreet closed door meeting.

On August 20 which was on thursday, the crescent was sighted in Maiduguri, Ilorin, kaduna, zamfara and sokoto which means shaban ends at 29 and on August 21 fasting should have commenced instead shaban was 30 and the protocol is that 30 is the last day for shaban whether the crescent has been sighted or not, on the night of August 21 the crescent was visible in the south which signify that truly the previous day the moon was sighted in some places.

On September 18 which was friday, the crescent was sighted in katsina, jos, borno, ilorin and zamfara instead of halting the fast and the month of ramadan ends, we fasted on saturday which was on 19th september, on that night the moon was clearly visible in the south which indicates the crescent was day or days old.

Sultan of sokoto, if you continue being political or plagarized , we will cease from following ur instruction on sighting of the moon. We have trusted you and you know the implication of fasting on Eid day. Is not possible for everyone to sight the crescent all at once, hadith has shown that even the Prophet does not sight the crescent it was individual that use to inform the Prophet. Lets adhere to the sunnah. May Allah help us amin
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by sosisi(f): 11:04pm On Sep 20, 2009
Keep looking for the moon and stars in the galaxy when a plan for salvation is at your doorsteps.
I don't know if you people are astrologers or Amadioha worshippers.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by sosisi(f): 11:13pm On Sep 20, 2009
Isaiah 47:

13 those stargazers who make predictions month by month,

let them save you from what is coming upon you.

14 Surely they are like stubble;

the fire will burn them up.

They cannot even save themselves

from the power of the flame.

Here are no coals to warm anyone;

here is no fire to sit by.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by Abuzola(m): 11:17pm On Sep 20, 2009
What a deluded one. Who told you that we are stargazer, did we tell you that it is the star we sight ? I heard you are pregnant hope is not what is making you in disarray.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by sosisi(f): 11:23pm On Sep 20, 2009
Abuzola:

What a deluded one. Who told you that we are stargazer, did we tell you that it is the star we sight ? I heard you are pregnant hope is not what is making you in disarray.

stargazer,moongazer,same thing wink

Deuteronomy 18:10-12
10There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, [size=16pt]or an observer of times, [/size] or an enchanter, or a witch. 11Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. 12For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by luvola(m): 11:44pm On Sep 20, 2009
so d great sultan of sokoto is a liar ? u must b a lunatic boy *abu*
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by Abuzola(m): 11:48pm On Sep 20, 2009
@osisi. In ur village star and moon is the same abi ? You better don't let ur children hear this, i know that meaning is just meant in the muslim section and no exterior
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by bydot1(m): 7:54am On Sep 21, 2009
may Allah help us sha
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by Abuzola(m): 8:32am On Sep 21, 2009
Amin.

The sultan owe us some explaination else people will rebel him and which is bad
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by AFEEFA(f): 9:51am On Sep 21, 2009
Abuzola:

Amin.

The sultan owe us some explaination else people will rebel him and which is bad
@Abuzola

The sultan gave a go ahead according to his calculations and whatever his intentions were he is liable and will be jjudged accordingly just like you and i.
The Holy books gave us clear reasons to follow our leaders whether they are just or otherwise.
We are not expected to rebel against them even if in our opinion they are fraudulent or unfair
Allah has the final judgment concerning matters that have to do with Justice and fairplay.

Controversies are part of religion and cannot be avoided.
Some Muslims around the world have resorted to following Mecca on the issue of sighting the moon and commencement of Fasting.
This is meant to curb the problem of uniformity in our Eid days and the number of days of fasting in Ramadan.
However,this practise to me is not advisable since the sharia has clearly stated guidelines as to the sighting of the moon.

In Nigeria,the practice has been to be on the lookout for the crescenct when shaban ends so we can commence ramadan.
The ambiguities that result from not sighting the moon or sighting it later and realising that its not a day old is not new to us.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 21, 2009
AFEEFA:

@Abuzola

The sultan gave a go ahead according to his calculations and whatever his intentions were he is liable and will be jjudged accordingly just like you and i.
The Holy books gave us clear reasons to follow our leaders whether they are just or otherwise.
We are not expected to rebel against them even if in our opinion they are fraudulent or unfair
Allah has the final judgment concerning matters that have to do with Justice and fairplay.

Controversies are part of religion and cannot be avoided.
Some Muslims around the world have resorted to following Mecca on the issue of sighting the moon and commencement of Fasting.
This is meant to curb the problem of uniformity in our Eid days and the number of days of fasting in Ramadan.
However,this practise to me is not advisable since the sharia has clearly stated guidelines as to the sighting of the moon.

In Nigeria,the practice has been to be on the lookout for the crescenct when shaban ends so we can commence ramadan.
The ambiguities that result from not sighting the moon or sighting it later and realising that its not a day old is not new to us.

Word on the marble
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by Nezan(m): 11:30am On Sep 21, 2009
Was this boy given home training at all . . . undecided . . . . ?
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by ladygaga(f): 11:38am On Sep 21, 2009
Was this boy given home training at all . . . . . . . ?

HELL NO , ISN'T IT OBVIOUS
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by Abuzola(m): 12:10pm On Sep 21, 2009
@afeefa- We can't follow a leader who will lead us astray with his self motive. There are authentic hadith that the sighting of the crescent differ from one country to the other, in the sahabas time madina celebrated Eid not the same day with syria which was headed by another sahabah and they both have concrete proof that sighting differ from one nation to another , therefore saudi arabia is on it own,

when the crescent has already been sighted is it compulsory that saudi too must sight as well. Lets go back to madrasa and read what the Prophet said, i again repeat if the sultan continue like this we will fast and end it without the consultation of the sultan. Last two years saudi arabia had to follow the northern nigeria calender on Dhul hijja because they had problem with the extension
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 21, 2009
didnt someone open an exact same thread at the end of ramadan last year?

Is it the custom to fault moon sightings and abuse the Sultan after the fast?

just curious.

and after the sultan, who else are you going to glare at? Infidels?

Is not possible for everyone to sight the crescent all at once

No.

As everyone is supposed to know, the moon appears regularly like clockwork at specific times each month. Due to the earth's rotation,curvature,latitude, longitude,etc, the moon cant appear to everyone on earth at the same time, regardless if its ramadan or not.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by Abuzola(m): 6:02pm On Sep 21, 2009
@tpiah, if i say i understand what yo saying wallayi am lying, you just spoke in tongue vanished, you are an original kafira thats why, lhehehehe
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by olanajim(m): 10:59pm On Sep 21, 2009
@all,
Moon sighting is not peculiar to Islam. It is on record that before the Gregorian calendar, moon is being used to read the months and count the year. The new yam festival in Igboland, and some jewish festivities are done upon sighting moon in a particular time of the year. Except for those who read bible upside down, it is in history that biblical year is based on lunar year.

What is more, most of the months in the Gregorian calender are named after roman idols. There is not January during the time of Jesus christ! Evidence abounds that the 3 wish men that visited Jesus christ at birth didnt read December 25th but follow lunar months and stars. I may be wrong though.

That said, I wish to state that lslamic use of lunar year has nothing to do with stargazing. Scientifically, it is proven that lunar year has some advantages over solar year which has been calibrated and recalibrated before we arive at the current one.
@abuzola,
Did Allah ask you to follow any leader? Did anyone stop you from looking out for the new moon after shaban? Finally, have you studied quran very well to know the implication of calling the man a liar?

I fear for this generation. Let every man deed speak for him!
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by Nobody: 11:50pm On Sep 21, 2009
Abuzola:

@tpiah, if i say i understand what yo saying wallayi am lying, you just spoke in tongue vanished, you are an original kafira thats why, lhehehehe

well, since all non-Muslims are kefferi to you, no argument there.

Remove your eyes from kefferi women oh! shocked I know you check them out ostensibly to lament over their choice of dressing.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by Abuzola(m): 12:49am On Sep 22, 2009
I am not calling the sultan a liar, the crescent was sighted in many places instead the sultan didn't approve it. Libya and morocco commenced their fasting a day before we started, whereas the crescent use to be sighted the same day with them.

@complainers- did Prophet Muhammad told you to follow a leader even if he lead you astray ?
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by sosisi(f): 1:06am On Sep 22, 2009
so all your fasting was in vain?
too bad grin
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by Abuzola(m): 1:12am On Sep 22, 2009
See this pregnant mugu, what is she saying
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by sosisi(f): 1:32am On Sep 22, 2009
Abuzola:

See this pregnant mugu, what is she saying

you fit impregnate woman you impotent one! grin
If you like fast from now till next ramadan,your dead tadpole will not rise
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by olanajim(m): 5:02am On Sep 22, 2009
@abuzola,
I am disappointed in you! I dont know your age or your vocation, but I am of view that you are a young man in your twenties. You may have recently recieved some lessons in dawah and therefore have the illusion that you cannot be wrong. I wonder how you intend to force people to accept your view when you are always at war with your opponents!

FYI, I am also a muslim. But am not a laud one. I dont have the time for people who are unreasonable. I may not be coming to nairaland regularly, I have talked to many who are once regular here and I was stunned to hear that many kept away from the section because of you!

Were you ever aware that Islam strongly advise that muslims should mock other people's gods? Or have you ever read that LAQOD KAANA LAKUM FI ROSULU LAI UTHUWATUN ASANATUN, LIMAN KAANA YAR'JU LAH WAL'YAOMA LI AKHIRA WAZAKARA LAHU KASIRAN?

Have you ever read a single hadith where the prophet lauch verbal attack on unbelievers when they refused to heed his call? Or have you ever read in quran where Allah call xtains kafir? So why is your own dawah a radical shift?

My first contact with you was when you threatened mukinah with death and hellfire, just because you are cautioned. You called her kafir etc. I read the post and cried for you. Since then, you have ridicule Islam in many ways than kafir!

Why call me a complainer if you know your deen? A simple correction.

Learn from olabowale. Read his posts very well and find out how he dealt with opponents. He doesnt call people mugu or attack others needlessly.

If you attack me again, you will begun your road out of nairaland for good. Dont ask me how I will do it. Learn decorum. Discuss life, not death. Discuss imaan and not kafir. Discuss how to improve and not how others are wrong. Every deeds has a reward.

@osisi,
I remember our days in time of yore. I dont know what to say now. But I want you to IM me. I got a lot to tell you that I cant post here. But it is voluntary.

Before then, I think it is wrong to turn every discusion into muslims vs christains. Something is wrong with nairaland pastors and alfas. Is there no way everyone can learn to respect one another? Nigeria has so many problems already. Let us channel our energy to solutions instead of idle talks.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by olanajim(m): 5:06am On Sep 22, 2009
I meant MUSLIMS SHOULD NOT MOCK OTHER PEOPLE'S GOD.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by Abuzola(m): 6:48am On Sep 22, 2009
@olajim, if you are mukina's bf that doesn't concern me, you can go to hell with ur empty head. You puppets cannot lag islam behind and Allah will justify you, in a recent thread that was resurrected mukina was telling us that make up is good whether in house or not, and thats what you people do, reject what you deem uncomfortable like the christian, the problem is you are neither a practising muslim so who cares just go and sit down kawai.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by Nezan(m): 8:43am On Sep 22, 2009
shocked shocked
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 22, 2009
@ Olanajm et Abuzola,
Softly, softly. Enough of the mudslinging.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by olanajim(m): 8:54am On Sep 22, 2009
I thought as much. A muslim who does not want to face his own weakness. I am not mukina bf ok? She is in Gambia and I am in Lagos just like you. Just show your face. I will give you my number and address and also want yours too. Let me know the mosque or field where you are leading people and I will come and engage you in intellectual discuss in front of your fellowers.

Face to face, I can read your mood and also determine whether you are truly a muslim or just a mole like mussailama al kazaab. If your job is to act as muslim and the bring Islam to disrepute, you dont have to hid at all. We are aware of many like that who are enemies of Islam but are parading themselves as muslims.

It is time nairaland muslims raise a voice against people like that. People who cant donate a kobo to air their view on tv. People whose only claim to dawah are felt on nairaland just because of alias. My heart bled for you because you are not hurting yourself but many innocent muslims who are ashamed of relating with your jaundiced creeds. Destroy christains, disobey sultan, clean up Nigeria etc. You just reminded me of boko haram. I wont be surprised if you subscribe to their creed.

I am not your mate and am not in your class, intellectually, and spiritually. Go find out about me, I dont return insults with insults because I know who I am and what I stand for. I know who my God is and what He damand of me. I know that the foundamental principle of Islam is anchored upon respect of our fellow humans whether muslim or not. People like david that you have condemned to your "mental hell" are better than you in many ways because they show class and commitment to what they believe. Do you really believe in islam that you are ready to exterminate your opponents for?

If yes, tell me where Islam encourage lewd and insultive talks. Tell me where grudge bearing and lies are glorified. Yes, you fought mukina becos you spammed the forum. But people intervened. Months after that you still bear grudge against her and shamelessly refered to me as her bf just because I pointed something out to you. I asked you simple questions that make sense, but rather than answer it, you went on offensive. Mukinah has nothing to do with this. It is purely a topical issue something that you started. It is time people start ignoring you because you sounded like someone seeking attention at the expense of Islam. I can read grudge, frustration and immaturity in your words. I look forward to meeting you one on one.

May God clean your soul of corrupted ideologies.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by Nezan(m): 9:08am On Sep 22, 2009
@olanajim; you dont need to write a long rejoinder to abuzola. Everybody on NL should guess the kind of boy he is. No need getting worked up because of him, just keep the peace.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by olanajim(m): 9:08am On Sep 22, 2009
@jarus,
The ealier we tell ourselves the truth the better. We must stop indulging abuzola when we know he is damaging Islam through his conduct.

I quite understand where he is coming from. I have related with people like him before. So I know who I am dealing with. Abuzola should stop reading those foundamentalist texts from fanatics. The books are behind his act. The real foundamentalists dont sit behind the pc and lauch attack on nairaland. They write to sponsors and take next available flight to Afghanistan or Somalia. That is where there real test of conviction can be felt.

We must donate money to abuzola and send him to Afghanistan to practive what he preaches. Let us launch appeal fund on his behalf so that we can have sanity on nairaland religion section. The earlier we recognize that the enemies he is looking for is inside him, better for everyone.

Can you hear him pass judgement on a others as if he were god?

This board have a problem. And the problem is Abuzola. To clean a rotten wound, the source must be removed. Abuzola must be stopped by all. He is the most conspicous problem this board has. Let us be truthful, please!
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by olanajim(m): 9:19am On Sep 22, 2009
@nezan.
People like abuzola are suffering from cancer of the mind. Unfortunately, the cancer is a communicable one. Unless he is discouraged he will continue to destroy the good image of Islam and will also continue his hatred campaign against non muslims. All these are not from Islam.

Look all around you. Good people, good muslims are no more posting on Islam board. They just read and shake their heads at the manner he is talking. Again, he alone contributed to many controversial topics on this board. Most of them ending in insulting someone muslims and christain. He is a quintessential cyberterrorist and we must stop him by ignoring him. The first step to do that is to educate everyone muslims and christains that his view may not represent Islamic view.

I am tired of seeing him spam the board with his posts. It is time to stop hate! Preach and act peace!
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Deceived Us by luvola(m): 9:25am On Sep 22, 2009
y abuzola putting islam in bad shape. u insult a whole sultan of sokoto . peace be upon him, u must be crazy abuzola

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) / Happy New Islamic Year / Some Acts That Make A Muslim Forbidden To Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.