Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,310 members, 7,780,737 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:02 PM

How Did Gtbank Get So Horrible? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Did Gtbank Get So Horrible? (564 Views)

5 Horrible Advice You Should Never Accept About Money / The Horrible State Of Ahia Ohuru Market In Aba, Abia State (Photos) / Has Anybody Been Able To Change His Account Name With Bank? How Did You Do It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Gtbank Get So Horrible? by ourhero(m): 10:55am On Aug 02, 2016
I opened my GTB account over 10 years ago. Once upon a time, the banking landscape was fraught with paper pushing, analogue tortoises like Union bank and Spring bank (remember them?).
Then, I discovered a bank that was as modern as it got. Get an ATM card in 3 days? Easy! Instant transfers of cash? No problem! The staff were smart, courteous and knew their beans. This is the bank that gave us paperless withdrawals. Imagine that! Just walk into a bank and get cash without a slip or anything. It was quick, they were efficient and we loved it.
Naturally, as GTBank got recognition for it's services, it's customer base grew exponentially (after all, Nigerians too like beta thing). Unfortunately, it seems this increase in customer base has put strain on the services being rendered.
Suddenly, from the uber efficient, modern bank with excellent services, GTBank has regressed to a slow, swamp of inefficiency. It's been gradual, but now I think it has reached a nadir.
Now, transactions don't go through, I requested an ATM 10 days ago and got informed that I'd have to wait for 2 weeks more - just to get an ATM card! Plus, the staff now have this bored air of detachment with no concern for customers.
Did I mention some of the branches are filthy? Chizoz!!! GTBank on Aminu Kano St in Abuja is only matched in dirt by First Bank in Makurdi and First Bank in my village (two for two)!
I don't know what it is but GTB has fallen from grace and I want the old GT back. It's sad that most GTB customers have a myriad of complaints regarding the bank. Of course, Nigerians are a very tolerant bunch, but people can only tolerate so much. It's only a matter of time before other more savvy banks bite hard into their loyal customer Base - if it hasn't started already. GTBank, get your sh*t together!!!
Re: How Did Gtbank Get So Horrible? by iPopAlomo(m): 11:27am On Aug 02, 2016
Since the 24th of May... they blocked some amount of funds on my account because the transaction did not go through... a bounce back in normal Nigerian English... and they haven't rectified it... i gave them three days to fix it on Monday after waiting patiently for three months... my patience has thinned out... I'll be closing my account and sticking with my Access Bank JEJE...

If the money was over #500,000 naira... it might take them a year... GTB... has minus 1 potential customer loading...

nah...
we're looking into it
since May I'm always getting... angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: How Did Gtbank Get So Horrible? by ourhero(m): 11:34am On Aug 02, 2016
Dude, you have no idea. These guys can bungle even the simplest tasks. There should be someone you should be able to report to.
Re: How Did Gtbank Get So Horrible? by abhosts(m): 12:57pm On Aug 02, 2016
hmmmm
Re: How Did Gtbank Get So Horrible? by uniquezahoda: 2:14pm On Aug 02, 2016
since the death of the former CEO,Aderimokun,this new CEO is an error! The are becoming complecent.I think GTB is reach her plateau.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Someone To join or help grow my business / . / Please Is This From Federal Government Of Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.