Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Getting A Tooth Replaced In One Day - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Getting A Tooth Replaced In One Day (2444 Views)

I Want To Be President Of Nigeria One Day - Student With Down Syndrome / Please Help, I Have Hole In My Tooth. / Which Tooth Paste Is The Best In Teeth Whitening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting A Tooth Replaced In One Day by MeAndYou(m): 6:33pm On Aug 02, 2016
Fellow Nairalanders,

Sad to say, but I just lost a tooth to cavity.
I have been busy searching for the possibility of a good replacement here in Nigeria and the after effect.

I've come across CEREC procedure - Ceramic Reconstruction procedure that can be carried out within one day, but all the clinics offering it are outside Nigeria(to my knowledge). I've contacted some dentist in Nigeria but they keep quoting about 3 months for root implant alone, before placing the crown.

So as a dentist or person that have undergone such dental procedure, kindly help a brother in need.

1. Where can I have a dental implant in Nigeria under one single day?
2. What is the budget like?
3. What are the experiences afterward - taste, comfort, performance, durability, etc
4. And how long would it take to replace a tooth?

Thanks in advance
Re: Getting A Tooth Replaced In One Day by Raydos: 6:41pm On Aug 02, 2016
It hurts loosing a tooth!

i know how you feel o.p

lets wait for other commentator!
Re: Getting A Tooth Replaced In One Day by Kxngstein(m): 6:53pm On Aug 02, 2016
Am in the same predicament.
Re: Getting A Tooth Replaced In One Day by MeAndYou(m): 6:53pm On Aug 02, 2016
Raydos:
It hurts loosing a tooth!

i know how you feel o.p

lets wait for other commentator!

Me wey like to speak English.... nawadays, I just manage to talk sef grin and when I do, I would rather yarn for pidgin to avoid unnecessary attentions.
Re: Getting A Tooth Replaced In One Day by MeAndYou(m): 6:55pm On Aug 02, 2016
Kxngstein:
Am in the same predicament.
Then welcome to the league of T. Lossers
Re: Getting A Tooth Replaced In One Day by Kxngstein(m): 7:01pm On Aug 02, 2016
MeAndYou:

Then welcome to the league of T. Lossers
Hehe.. I really hope getting a replacement is not painful tho I hate painful sensations around my face area
Re: Getting A Tooth Replaced In One Day by MeAndYou(m): 7:15pm On Aug 02, 2016
Kxngstein:

Hehe.. I really hope getting a replacement is not painful tho
I hate painful sensations around my face area

Going by the info I've got so far, no pain dental removal and replacement procedures are now rooted in Nigeria.

But the cost and the procedures are still been guarded in secrecy.

Oversea, dentists and other doctor alike are happy to display their pricing and general procedures online for better would be clients decision. But here in Nigeria, many are just reluctant to answer even when you ask. Imagine? One clinic call agent was even happy to announce that "we don't give such information over the phone." And I'm very sure upon getting to there office, they would hardly attend to you without squeezing out a reasonable amount in form of registration, after which you can go if you wish.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Tooth Replaced In One Day by Kxngstein(m): 7:24pm On Aug 02, 2016
MeAndYou:

Going by the info I've got so far, no pain dental removal and replacement procedures are now rooted in Nigeria.

But the cost and the procedures are still been guarded in secrecy.

Oversea, dentists are happy to display their pricing and general procedures online for better would be client decision. But here in Nigeria, they wouldn't even dare if you ask. Imagine? One clinic call agent was even happy to announce that "we dont give such information over phone." And I'm very sure upon getting to there office, they would hardly attend to you without squeezing out a reasonable amount in form of registration,
after which you can go if you wish.

This is pathetic. is there a law that posits that no practicing doctor or dentist should
Advertise such things or what? Cause extraction and replacement doesn't sound like rocket science
Re: Getting A Tooth Replaced In One Day by chivision: 12:52pm On Aug 03, 2016
Sorry dear.... Waiting for learned contributions.

lalasticlala and Seun come and help a fellow in serious need.
Re: Getting A Tooth Replaced In One Day by MeAndYou(m): 7:12pm On Aug 04, 2016
chivision:
Sorry dear.... Waiting for learned contributions.

lalasticlala and Seun come and help a fellow in serious need.

Thanks dear

(1) (Reply)

Mix Bay Leaf With Cloves And You Will Thank Me! / Improving Health Care Delivery In Nigeria / Health Benefits Of Putting Sliced Onions In Your Socks While You Sleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.