Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,114 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye (3743 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Daddy Freeze & Eldee React To Pastor Adeboye's Death Prayer This Morning / Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 02, 2016
It is my wish the Mods would move this to the front page.
Less than a hour ago i stumbled on this;
"Don't marry a man who has no job. Before God gave Adam Eve, he
gave him a job. He said this is the garden, keep it. So those who
come to you and say sister, thus saith the lord, you are going to be
the star in my firmament, ask him what is his job. If he tells you he is
a contractor, ask him to show you evidence of all the contracts he
has done because the contract he is talking about is you. He wants to live off you. Don't be a fool. If he hasn't got a steady income, don't
marry him. A man is to provide for the house and not the other way
round. If he has no income, he should not marry. Those who do not
work should not eat and if they can't eat, they can't even marry" he said. https://www.nairaland.com/3264793/dont-marry-man-doesnt-job

While what he said was nothing but the truth,its so hilarious which is why the question i would love to ask Baba should i have the opportunity to
meet him one on one is,with the whole situation of employment what
has the RCCG done to particularly address this issue? I attend kings palace
rivers province 2 Gra port harcourt towards the end of last year they
demanded a sum of 45million naira for the complete overhaul of the church air conditioning unit....people raised this cash,this year last
month precisely the church needed 15million for wireless technology
equipment for the multimedia department...didnt know how far the donation went as i dont attend church regularly because of distance. This last sunday they
needed 2.8million for the childrens camp program...all were donated.
My question is when has RCCG organized or create a worldwide
convention to @least create a network for job creation/employment/empowerment? . How many times have they asked for donation with such huge amount
to empower the teaming youth with good business ideas,scholarship
abroad or equipment and machinery for small scale business?
Many of the members even contributed money to build a university
they cant afford to send their kids to?
God is watching,the real people who are a practical example of christians in Nigeria are the Jehovah witness.
Back in the early days in my village, you would see anglican and
methodist churches with schools and health care centres for FREE but to
have one on one encounter with Baba Adeboye on his annual visit to ph
on the partnering with God program you need to purchase an access
invitation card of 20k.... To see a man of God can you imagine. Why are our pastors rich and the majority of the congregation are poor?
Something isnt right....it is well with my soul but the church has a more
bigger role to play to curb/ even bring to an end the massive poverty in
our society or else they would soon become victims of kidnapping...its
already happening anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by eph12(m): 10:31pm On Aug 02, 2016
JW? Why?
You guys just like wasting cyber space. Many people have been employed by the redeem Church. Their houses for rent close to the camp is one of the cheapest with almost 24hrs electricity. It is not the job of the church to set up industries so you can be employed. Redeem has schools all over the country and those schools don't run themselves. The university is there also so what's your problem? Redeem is one Church that involves themselves in CDS. I also know they do visit remand homes, orphanage. They do help to clean up some streets. If you are jobless please don't blame this Church or any other church. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by babajeje123(m): 11:53pm On Aug 02, 2016
Rccg is not responsible for your joblessness. The primary assignment of every church is to teach people the word of God which is all encompassing. Rccg has institutions from primary to tertiary. Those teaching theur are not trees but humans who are not owe a kobo. The list of humanitarian services by the church is endless. If you wanna blame & ask silly questions, direct all to your political leaders who are saddled with the responsibility of making life comfortable for you.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by paxonel(m): 5:44am On Aug 03, 2016
babajeje123:
Rccg is not responsible for your joblessness. The primary assignment of every church is to teach people the word of God which is all encompassing. Rccg has institutions from primary to tertiary. Those teaching theur are not trees but humans who are not owe a kobo. The list of humanitarian services by the church is endless. If you wanna blame & ask silly questions, direct all to your political leaders who are saddled with the responsibility of making life comfortable for you.
and who are the spiritual father's of political leaders who never thought them morality in churches?
so u see, the government is not just the political leaders alone but everybody, including the likes of adeboye who have the opportunity to teach thousands of people, unfortunately he has not been teaching
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 7:01am On Aug 03, 2016
babajeje123:
yes i dont have a job but excuse me i dont have an entitlement mentality or expectations from anyone to takecare of me as i am satisfied with the little i have, either i work or not my future is already taken care of, thus i speak for the poor masses on the street because you havent been kidnapped/harassed by beggars here in Ph.
But the question is why wont a church dedicate a whole service/gathering solely for that purpose....their purse is fat enough to do more.
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 03, 2016
eph12:
JW? Why?
You guys just like wasting cyber space. Many people have been employed by the redeem Church. Their houses for rent close to the camp is one of the cheapest with almost 24hrs electricity. It is not the job of the church to set up industries so you can be employed. Redeem has schools all over the country and those schools don't run themselves. The university is there also so what's your problem? Redeem is one Church that involves themselves in CDS. I also know they do visit remand homes, orphanage. They do help to clean up some streets. If you are jobless please don't blame this Church or any other church. Thanks.
https://www.nairaland.com/3245920/see-what-jehovah-witnesses-go
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by eph12(m): 7:36am On Aug 03, 2016
IHate9ja1:

https://www.nairaland.com/3245920/see-what-jehovah-witnesses-go
OK you need pictures of what redeem do? Have you heard of let's go a fishing? I used to be with redeem during my service year about 4 years back in a remote village in the East and we tried to touch lives. In case you don't know redeem is one of the very few grassroot churches we have in Nigeria.
FYI what matters most is the message that was passed.
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by babajeje123(m): 9:56am On Aug 03, 2016
paxonel:

and who are the spiritual father's of political leaders who never thought them morality in churches?
so u see, the government is not just the political leaders alone but everybody, including the likes of adeboye who have the opportunity to teach thousands of people, unfortunately he has not been teaching
You're totally wrong for saying Adeboye is not teaching. Are you kidding me? How else do you want him to teach? He organises Holy Ghost service every month, convention is on going, congress in December, Ministers' conference, Solemn assembly, he has written so many books that cut across every sphere of life. So, I ask again, what has he been doing organizing these programs? Your political leaders made the choice of their morals, just like a child will choice his morals despite his parents' teachings.
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by babajeje123(m): 10:03am On Aug 03, 2016
IHate9ja1:

yes i dont have a job but excuse me i dont have an entitlement mentality or expectations from anyone to takecare of me as i am satisfied with the little i have, either i work or not my future is already taken care of, thus i speak for the poor masses on the street because you havent been kidnapped/harassed by beggars here in Ph.
But the question is why wont a church dedicate a whole service/gathering solely for that purpose....their purse is fat enough to do more.
Please, when does it become the major reponsibility of the church to take care of the poor masses? What is Wike, your Governor doing to forestall kidnapping & harassment by beggars? He has that has his duties. That said, how sure are you that church is not philanthropic? They are doing it in their own way & not yours. So, stop criticising destructively.
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 03, 2016
babajeje123:

Please, when does it become the major reponsibility of the church to take care of the poor masses? What is Wike, your Governor doing to forestall kidnapping & harassment by beggars? He has that has his duties. That said, how sure are you that church is not philanthropic? They are doing it in their own way & not yours. So, stop criticising destructively.
smiles.....i guess you are a pastor. They are trying i know but honestly the poverty to rich gap ratio in the church is more,which is why so often you hear members thanking God for saving them from kidnappers after a heavy ransom was paid. We the members are the church itself,they need to do MORE in other to reach out to the masses,raising 45million once in a year for such deeds would go a long way rather than passing offering basket around for welfare offerings. I wish you were kidnapped here in PH to have a glimpse of what am saying.....
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by babajeje123(m): 10:20am On Aug 03, 2016
IHate9ja1:

smiles.....i guess you are a pastor
I don't need to be one before I defend the truth.
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 03, 2016
babajeje123:

I don't need to be one before I defend the truth.
what truth are you defending,lets look @ the facts and situation around us rather for clue,this is one way things can only get better. People are suffering while the church is busy gathering luxuries to the detriment of its members.
You should visit this thread,it goes along the line of what am trying to point at....
https://www.nairaland.com/3120609/experience-church-service-germany
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by babajeje123(m): 11:58am On Aug 03, 2016
IHate9ja1:

smiles.....i guess you are a pastor. They are trying i know but honestly the poverty to rich gap ratio in the church is more,which is why so often you hear members thanking God for saving them from kidnappers after a heavy ransom was paid. We the members are the church itself,they need to do MORE in other to reach out to the masses,raising 45million once in a year for such deeds would go a long way rather than passing offering basket around for welfare offerings. I wish you were kidnapped here in PH to have a glimpse of what am saying.....
May your wish for me come to pass in your life, Amen. Leave the church of God alone. She owns no one a kobo. Meet your political leaders who are embezzling in millions & billions for your alms.
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 03, 2016
babajeje123:

May your wish for me come to pass in your life, Amen. Leave the church of God alone. She owns no one a kobo. Meet your political leaders who are embezzling in millions & billions for your alms.
we see life differently anyway but i still maintain my stand,everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion..you wont be kidnapped anyway,i dont wish my fellow man evil,although i went out of context using such to drive home my point. The church as collected billions too even from corrupt officials in the Nigerian Government...Jesus fed 5000 people in the bible isnt it? They should do less of taking and more of giving,which would create a balance......imagine if Baba can ask the congregation to donate 1billion to meet the needs of the poor,the sick,people in IDP camps...people would smile and would be encourage to follow christ.....its a pity and shame that atheists can now stand up criticize this men of God and Christianity,because something isnt right.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 03, 2016
[quote author=babajeje123 post=48146631]
May your wish for me come to pass in your life, Amen. Leave the church of God alone. She owns no one a kobo. Meet your political leaders who are embezzling in millions & billions for your alm.
With all due respect am not a beggar,@ the age of 23 even without a job my asset is worth .... on paper but rather its the church that has officially found a way of seeking alms from its members.
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 03, 2016
babajeje123:

never forget also that religion either muslim or Christianity is also a form of government

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 03, 2016
eph12:
JW? Why?

I really do not understand why you pple still argue this kinda things...

We pay taxes so we can enjoy the basic amenities provided with the money either free of charge or with little charges....

You talking about rccg schools, have you ever bn dere to find out how much it will cost you to study dere?!....

HYPOCRISY!!! That's wat I hate about religion, christianity especially.

Mtchw

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by paxonel(m): 2:17pm On Aug 03, 2016
babajeje123:

You're totally wrong for saying Adeboye is not teaching. Are you kidding me? How else do you want him to teach? He organises Holy Ghost service every month, convention is on going, congress in December, Ministers' conference, Solemn assembly, he has written so many books that cut across every sphere of life. So, I ask again, what has he been doing organizing these programs? Your political leaders made the choice of their morals, just like a child will choice his morals despite his parents' teachings.
and all the political leaders made the same choice to have the same mentality?
the point you fail to understand is, since Nigeria independence this country has been ruled by people of the same mentality till this moment.
Now, people like adeboye have the Bible to teach to correct the way people perceive life. But guess what? He keeps maintaining the teachings of missionaries who brought Christianity to Africa a long time ago without willing to research about what the Bible want people to understand , all because the people like the kind of teaching which correspond with the African way.
Now, take note of this,
Jesus says this Gospel of the kingdom must be preached, then shall the end come.
If this gospel of the kingdom is abandoned for religious holy ghost services and conventions, then, truly Nigeria will continue to be in soup.
Because, the redemption of Nigeria right now is in that Gospel of the kingdom.
You may say he has been preaching the gospel of the kingdom, but It's not enough preaching. We need explanations.
What is actually this God's kingdom Jesus was referring to in his parables?
it is huge and necessary curriculum to understand, but adeboye and all pastors in Nigeria are shying away from it.
in developed nations all these things have been sorted out a long time ago, its a very sensitive issue that require intelligence. but Africa is still lagging behind, perhaps, due to lark of intelligence to understand.
The question is what is God's kingdom on earth?
if anyone get the answer to that question that is the starting point.
Any pastor who educate his people about the kingdom of God can never be criticized, never.
even atheists and Muslims will be saying this man is real man of God.
But messages of repentance, give your life to christ* (this statement is yet to be understood),come to church, pray long prayer, prophecies, etc
They are taking away attention of people from the real thing, breed distrust(because they make pastors to acquire unnecessary wealth in the midst of hungry church members.
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by eph12(m): 2:42pm On Aug 03, 2016
Jadonjack:

I really do not understand why you pple still argue this kinda things...

We pay taxes so we can enjoy the basic amenities provided with the money either free of charge or with little charges....

You talking about rccg schools, have you ever bn dere to find out how much it will cost you to study dere?!....

HYPOCRISY!!! That's wat I hate about religion, christianity especially.

Mtchw
Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. I mentioned those schools as source of employment to so many people. I didn't mention it in the context of if you can afford it or not. We are talking about employment here.
You pay taxes? We are talking about redeem Church here not government oga.
Continue hating o. It makes no difference really. You just decide to hate what you don't understand? Sorry o.
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by eph12(m): 2:46pm On Aug 03, 2016
paxonel:

and all the political leaders made the same choice to have the same mentality?
the point you fail to understand is, since Nigeria independence this country has been ruled by people of the same mentality till this moment.
Now, people like adeboye have the Bible to teach to correct the way people perceive life. But guess what? He keeps maintaining the teachings of missionaries who brought Christianity to Africa a long time ago without willing to research about what the Bible want people to understand , all because the people like the kind of teaching which correspond with the African way.
Now, take note of this,
Jesus says this Gospel of the kingdom must be preached, then shall the end come.
If this gospel of the kingdom is abandoned for religious holy ghost services and conventions, then, truly Nigeria will continue to be in soup.
Because, the redemption of Nigeria right now is in that Gospel of the kingdom.
You may say he has been preaching the gospel of the kingdom, but It's not enough preaching. We need explanations.
What is actually this God's kingdom Jesus was referring to in his parables?
it is huge and necessary curriculum to understand, but adeboye and all pastors in Nigeria are shying away from it.
in developed nations all these things have been sorted out a long time ago, its a very sensitive issue that require intelligence. but Africa is still lagging behind, perhaps, due to lark of intelligence to understand.
The question is what is God's kingdom on earth?
if anyone get the answer to that question that is the starting point.
Any pastor who educate his people about the kingdom of God can never be criticized, never.
even atheists and Muslims will be saying this man is real man of God.
But messages of repentance, give your life to christ* (this statement is yet to be understood),come to church, pray long prayer, prophecies, etc
They are taking away attention of people from the real thing, breed distrust(because they make pastors to acquire unnecessary wealth in the midst of hungry church members.
Message of repentance is taking away Christians from the real thing? Please explain o.
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by paxonel(m): 3:13pm On Aug 03, 2016
eph12:

Message of repentance is taking away Christians from the real thing? Please explain o.
Good,
God bless you.
i will just go straight to the Bible.
Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Now, repentance is simply making attempt to keep the law, it is not bad at all. But we should have it at the back our mind that the real thing that the Bible want people to understand is
Romans 3:28 says Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.(without repentance ).
Now, God's kingdom is the faith which justify people, this is the real thing pastors should let people know.
But they are not.
The implication of this is that, if people don't understand that God gave Jesus freely they will never make free giving a value in their day to day life. They will keep thinking of what will be their gain anytime the opportunity to give arises, a typical characteristics of the average Nigerian, which is seen in politicians.
But because, the general message is, if you don't repent you will go to hell fire (which is not true to christians ), they will think that this is the value of God,let us not be merciful(afterall, God is not merciful ), taking what we can get from people.
i don't know if you understand the concept?
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by eph12(m): 3:23pm On Aug 03, 2016
paxonel:

Good,
God bless you.
i will just go straight to the Bible.
Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Now, repentance is simply making attempt to keep the law, it is not bad at all. But we should have it at the back our mind that the real thing that the Bible want people to understand is
Romans 3:28 says Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.(without repentance ).
Now, God's kingdom is the faith which justify people, this is the real thing pastors should let people know.
But they are not.
The implication of this is that, if people don't understand that God gave Jesus freely they will never make free giving a value in their day to day life. They will keep thinking of what will be their gain anytime the opportunity to give arises, a typical characteristics of the average Nigerian, which is seen in politicians.
But because, the general message is, if you don't repent you will go to hell fire (which is not true to christians ), they will think that this is the value of God,let us not be merciful(afterall, God is not merciful ), taking what we can get from people.
i don't know if you understand the concept?
Seriously I tried reading everything.
I just need an answer to this question; if I steal, kill, commit adultery etc do I need to ask for repentance from God or not?
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by paxonel(m): 6:31pm On Aug 03, 2016
eph12:

Seriously I tried reading everything.
I just need an answer to this question; if I steal, kill, commit adultery etc do I need to ask for repentance from God or not?
ask for forgiveness and repent?
ofcourse yes, it is the best thing to do.
but like i said, that does not make you part of God's kingdom.
anybody can repent, Muslims, atheists (find out the dictionary meaning of repentance, it means to have a change of heart, stop doing whatever... )
what makes you a Christian into God's kingdom is simply that you believe that Jesus is the Christ..which you have already done.
john 3:16 whosever believe should not perish but have eternal life.
It's a separate thing entirely from repentance. romans 11:6.
grace is a seperate thing entirely from works.
so, when adeboye stand in front of congregation telling christians if they don't repent they will go to hell?
i mean, i begin to wonder, what is he up to?
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by eph12(m): 7:14pm On Aug 03, 2016
paxonel:

ask for forgiveness and repent?
ofcourse yes, it is the best thing to do.
but like i said, that does not make you part of God's kingdom.
anybody can repent, Muslims, atheists (find out the dictionary meaning of repentance, it means to have a change of heart, stop doing whatever... )
what makes you a Christian into God's kingdom is simply that you believe that Jesus is the Christ..which you have already done.
john 3:16 whosever believe should not perish but have eternal life.
It's a separate thing entirely from repentance. romans 11:6.
grace is a seperate thing entirely from works.
so, when adeboye stand in front of congregation telling christians if they don't repent they will go to hell?
i mean, i begin to wonder, what is he up to?
Wow! That easy? So I can go on doing what I like. Lie steal destroy etc. I just need to believe that Jesus is the Christ and am safe? I don't need to practice it just believe? Thanks for this explanation bros.
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by paxonel(m): 8:42pm On Aug 03, 2016
eph12:

Wow! That easy? So I can go on doing what I like. Lie steal destroy etc. I just need to believe that Jesus is the Christ and am safe? I don't need to practice it just believe? Thanks for this explanation bros.
we are talking about conscience here, i think this whole thing bring out the conscience in us when we realize that God has given us the free will to do whatever we like to do.
if we don't realize we have that free will, we can never bring out the conscience in us, because all we will be thinking is, we are doing what is right to avoid hell fire not necessary because we know they are the right things to be done.
Grace is not for us to keep commiting sin, what is our gain? rather, we will surely suffer the consequences of our actions here on earth if we refused to repent (which have absolutely nothing to do with our salvation )
we don't need to be compelled anymore to do what is right, we just do the right things knowing that they are important to be done. not that God is waiting behind us with whips to whip anyone who cannot keep the law or throw such person into hell like EFCC waiting behind any politician who is found guilty.
our politicians lark the free will to do what is right, hence, EFCC waits behind them.
it's not suppose to be like that.
i think it is the mentality they are already used to from childhood. coupled with the believe that God is waiting to throw people into hell who don't repent
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 05, 2016
[quote author=paxonel post=48151150] kudos,i concur
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 05, 2016
eph12:
JW? Why?
In organized countries, churches are full time charity organization, helping alleviate poverty not taking from the rich to enrich themselves. The Nigerian church has failed the Nigerian masses but it's not their fault, just that they are taking advantage of a totally failed system.
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by orisa37: 11:52am On Aug 05, 2016
RCCG is gradually entering into Political quagmire. Thou shall not tempt The Lord. Let's all start praying that we do not enter into Temptation.
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by eph12(m): 2:18pm On Aug 05, 2016
blueseacats:
In organized countries, churches are full time charity organization, helping alleviate poverty not taking from the rich to enrich themselves. The Nigerian church has failed the Nigerian masses but it's not their fault, just that they are taking advantage of a totally failed system.
I would appreciate it if you mention those churches in your organized countries that are full time charity organization. It's obvious you know nothing about the charity work churches in Nigeria engage in. I don't blame anyone for that though because our problems are so enormous that a little help here and there don't even have any effect.
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 05, 2016
eph12:

I would appreciate it if you mention those churches in your organized countries that are full time charity organization. It's obvious you know nothing about the charity work churches in Nigeria engage in. I don't blame anyone for that though because our problems are so enormous that a little help here and there don't even have any effect.
Nna churches in western world are incorporated as non for profit organization, and they are audited every year to make sure no one is making personal profit from church.

You should have google on you phone.
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 05, 2016
eph12:

Go and watch the movie "oh God" by Carl Reiner it's as if they observed Nigerian pastors before making that movie.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Sunday Really Sacred? / Prophesy For Year 2021 - Prophet Damilare Solomon / The Religion Called Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.