Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira (14878 Views)

Ananias & Sapphira: The Watershed Of TRUE And FALSE Christianity. / Whoever Introduces Tribalism To RCCG Will Die Like Ananias & Sapphira - Adeboye / Abrahamism Or Celebration Of Barbaric Savagery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by Seun(m): 10:11pm On Aug 02, 2016
Pastor Adeboye's recent fatwa on "whoever introduces tribalism to RCCG", which is confusing because their list of leaders shows that tribalism has already been introduced to the church, reminded me of my concerns about the morality of the Ananias and Sapphira tale.

According to Acts 4:32 - Acts 5:11, "there were no needy persons among [the Christians]. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need." This was obviously not a sustainable way to do things because eventually, all the rich people in the church would have been reduced to poverty.

Anyway, "a man named Ananias, with the consent of his wife Sapphira, sold a piece of property; with his wife’s knowledge, he kept back some of the proceeds, and brought only a part and laid it at the apostles’ feet" Now there's a lot to like about this couple. First, that they were willing to lose their property to help the needy in the church. Secondly, that they consulted with each other at every step of the way, and acted as one.

But this couple retained a sense of financial responsibility, so they decided to be keep some of the proceeds of the sale for themselves, to take care of their kids *, etc. However, God (or someone who knew what happened), told Peter what they had done, and Peter shamed them before the church by revealing their secret. So they cried, repented, were forgiven, and brought the rest of the money to the apostles that evening.

Haha. Just kidding. Peter, the guy who denied Jesus three times and was forgiven, had them killed by the power of the Holy Spirit of God, who is love. First he killed Ananias, and somehow nobody told his wife about his death. Then he killed Sapphira for backing up her husband.

Imagine the sorrow of the parents who brought up Ananias and Sapphira and instilled in them the values that made them successful enough to own property and pious enough to embrace Christianity. Imagine the inconsolable wailing of their kids * who would now have to rely on the charity of the same church that killed both of their parents, in order to survive. Consider the eternal burning in hell that awaited the couple.

How can anyone read this story and not be horrified by it? How can you open your mouth and say "God is love" after reading this chilling tale?

* It's reasonable to assume that they had kids unless they were just married or infertile, since there were no contraceptives in those days.

Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God.”

When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened. Then some young men came forward, wrapped up his body, and carried him out and buried him.

About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. Peter asked her, “Tell me, is this the price you and Ananias got for the land?” “Yes,” she said, “that is the price.”

Peter said to her, “How could you conspire to test the Spirit of the Lord? Listen! The feet of the men who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out also.”

At that moment she fell down at his feet and died. Then the young men came in and, finding her dead, carried her out and buried her beside her husband. Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events.

People should not be killed for lying about how much they sold their property. People should not be killed for talking about tribalism. Okay?

35 Likes 17 Shares

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by mokoshalb(m): 10:13pm On Aug 02, 2016
Ok
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by ritababe(f): 10:21pm On Aug 02, 2016
ok
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by Abduletudaye(m): 10:21pm On Aug 02, 2016
angry
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 02, 2016
when will u stop attacking christians.?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 02, 2016
I have always seriously pondered; while I was still a Bible thumpin Christian; on why the holy Spirit seems to dwell in pastors that do "worldy" acts.

I mean, Pastors who curl their hair; divorce their wives and take another. Pastors who abuse the rights of their Church Members and so on....

We are bombarded with cases where pastor rapes a little girl or slept with a church member almost every day and I can almost bet that each of these pastors had the "holy spirit" dwelling in them.

Yea, at the church near my house, I hear words like Holy Ghost FIREEEEE!!!! To consume my enemies and such and I think to myself......

Seriously?? If such fire existed, YOU would have been badly burnt because you're your own enemy.

However, many think not. Many prefer to think of the spirit as God's Incarnate and can perform a given number of tasks from stopping a bullet to finding a car key

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by johnydon22(m): 10:29pm On Aug 02, 2016
kingcity:

If this is an attack against Christianity then the bible is certainly an attack against christianity then - and you should probably address your question to the bible.

28 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by ritababe(f): 10:29pm On Aug 02, 2016
kingcity:

till Christ arrest him just like Paul, u can see he value the other religion in the sense that he even put an oath for them.

let him keep attacking Christian.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by timidapsin(m): 10:30pm On Aug 02, 2016
:/
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by KingEbukaNaija: 10:30pm On Aug 02, 2016
What the heck is this ? grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by LordScent(m): 10:32pm On Aug 02, 2016
Seun:

[s]Pastor Adeboye's recent fatwa on "whoever introduces tribalism to RCCG", which is confusing because their list of leaders shows that tribalism has already been introduced to the church, reminded me of my concerns about the morality of the Ananias and Sapphira tale.

According to Acts 20:32 - Acts 5:11, "there were no needy persons among [the Christians]. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need." This was obviously not a sustainable way to do things because eventually, all the rich people in the church would have been reduced to poverty.

Anyway, "a man named Ananias, with the consent of his wife Sapphira, sold a piece of property; with his wife’s knowledge, he kept back some of the proceeds, and brought only a part and laid it at the apostles’ feet" Now there's a lot to like about this couple. First, that they were willing to lose their property to help the needy in the church. Secondly, that the consulted with each other at every step of the way, and acted as one.

But this couple retained a sense of financial responsibility, so they decided to be keep some of the proceeds of the sale for themselves, to take care of their kids, etc. However, God (or someone who knew what happened), told Peter what they had done, and Peter shamed them before the church by revealing their secret. So they cried, repented, were forgiven, and brought the rest of the money to the apostles that evening.

Haha. Just kidding. Peter, the guy who denied Jesus three times and was forgiven, had them killed by the power of the Holy Spirit of God, who is love. First he killed Ananias, and somehow nobody told his wife about his death. Then he killed Sapphira for backing up her husband.

Imagine the sorrow of the parents who brought up Ananias and Sapphira and instilled in them the values that made them successful enough to own property and pious enough to embrace Christianity. Imagine the inconsolable wailing of their kids who would now have to rely on the charity of the same church that killed both of their parents, in order to survive. Consider the eternal burning in hell that awaited the couple.

How can anyone read this story and not be horrified by it? How can you open your mouth and say "God is love" after reading this chilling tale?

[/s]

ONE WORD FOR THIS:

BLASPHEMY

AND PLEASE DONT ASK ME HOW

3 Likes

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by kevoh(m): 10:35pm On Aug 02, 2016
Below is how Christians react when you make them see Bible stories from a logical angle tongue

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by KingEbukaNaija: 10:35pm On Aug 02, 2016
Seun:
Pastor Adeboye's recent fatwa on "whoever introduces tribalism to RCCG", which is confusing because their list of leaders shows that tribalism has already been introduced to the church, reminded me of my concerns about the morality of the Ananias and Sapphira tale.

According to Acts 20:32 - Acts 5:11, "there were no needy persons among [the Christians]. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need." This was obviously not a sustainable way to do things because eventually, all the rich people in the church would have been reduced to poverty.

Anyway, "a man named Ananias, with the consent of his wife Sapphira, sold a piece of property; with his wife’s knowledge, he kept back some of the proceeds, and brought only a part and laid it at the apostles’ feet" Now there's a lot to like about this couple. First, that they were willing to lose their property to help the needy in the church. Secondly, that they consulted with each other at every step of the way, and acted as one.

But this couple retained a sense of financial responsibility, so they decided to be keep some of the proceeds of the sale for themselves, to take care of their kids, etc. However, God (or someone who knew what happened), told Peter what they had done, and Peter shamed them before the church by revealing their secret. So they cried, repented, were forgiven, and brought the rest of the money to the apostles that evening.

Imagine the sorrow of the parents who brought up Ananias and Sapphira and instilled in them the values that made them successful enough to own property and pious enough to embrace Christianity. Imagine the inconsolable wailing of their kids who would now have to rely on the charity of the same church that killed both of their parents, in order to survive. Consider the eternal burning in hell that awaited the couple.

How is this Barbaric God took their lives instantly

Acts 5: 5
And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things. 6 And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.

Is it just me or isn't Seun preaching the gospel ? Thanks for reminding us what awaits the wicked /sinners in Hell . The abhorrent consequence of sin is being in Hell Fire forever .

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by 4kings: 10:36pm On Aug 02, 2016
kingcity:
Is he lying?

1 Like

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by KingEbukaNaija: 10:37pm On Aug 02, 2016
kevoh:
Below is how Christians react when you make them see Bible stories from a logical angle tongue

There is nothing logical in the write up . They simply dropped dead for lying . The wages of sin is death . Durrhh !!!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by haibe(m): 10:38pm On Aug 02, 2016
Lmao after reading adeboyes post, i was expecting Seun or some other atheists to raise this exact issue up. I really dont care tho, what i care about is that you reduce all these baby mama topics on our front page, its disgusting

2 Likes

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by 4kings: 10:39pm On Aug 02, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

You do realise that if he gets saved later on and you do not you will suffer in Hell for this extremely foolish decision . His write ups in fact have increased my faith in God cool
SMH

1 Like

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by KingEbukaNaija: 10:41pm On Aug 02, 2016
4kings:

Is he lying?

The wages of sin is death . And God shows mercy to whomever he chooses to show mercy to .

Exodus 33:19
And He said, “I will make all My goodness pass before thee; and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee, and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy.

4 Likes

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by Eddlad: 10:45pm On Aug 02, 2016
Seun:

You thought hard probably and came up with this, I patronize nairaland......

I wonder what it says of me.

4 Likes

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by kevoh(m): 10:46pm On Aug 02, 2016
Someone is trying so hard, too desperate to defend tongue Only you 4 to 5 unreplied posts already on just this first page, quoting everyone desperately. Seun must have said the truth then.
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by LordScent(m): 10:47pm On Aug 02, 2016
kingcity:

Waste of precious time..

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by DeSepiero(m): 10:48pm On Aug 02, 2016
Lol
I still wonder why Bible makes Satan (lucifer) the bad guy and yahweh the good guy.

3 Likes

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by 4kings: 10:49pm On Aug 02, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

The wages of sin is death . And God shows mercy to whomever he chooses to show mercy to .

Exodus 33:19
And He said, “I will make all My goodness pass before thee; and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee, and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy.

You Christians should stop adjoining the word LOVE with your idea of GOD, its hypocrisy.

6 Likes

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by LordScent(m): 10:49pm On Aug 02, 2016
johnydon22:

Reading the bible again from Genesis will do more harm than good to the remaining bits of his faith.

An doubting mind sees the bible in a different light from a stoic believer..

Ohhh i see.....

Too bad, so much loss.

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by weblord1900: 10:50pm On Aug 02, 2016
ritababe:

his mission is yielding fruit.
KingEbukaNaija:

You do realise that if he gets saved later on and you do not you will suffer in Hell for this extremely foolish decision . His write ups in fact have increased my faith in God cool

I'm really confused..
I have thought about it deeply, after thinking I always finds him right.
I have also prayed many times asking God to show me that he really exist even if it's in my dream if can't do it physically.
But no sign... Will he put me to hell just because I don't believe in him?..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by johnydon22(m): 10:53pm On Aug 02, 2016
kevoh:
Someone is trying so hard, too desperate to defend tongue Only you 4 to 5 unreplied posts already on just this first page, quoting everyone desperately. Seun must have said the truth then.

Its a tough Job defending biblical inconsistencies and obscenities, i sometimes pity the hard workers.

Twalle for them ni oo

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by johnydon22(m): 10:54pm On Aug 02, 2016
weblord1900:

I'm really confused..
I have thought about it deeply, after thinking I always finds him right.
I have also prayed many times asking God to show me that he really exist even if it's in my dream if can't do it physically.
But no sign... Will he put me to hell just because I don't believe in him?..

Good question

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Are Godly Parents Not Raising Godly Seeds? / The Dark Knight Shooting -satanic Influence Of The Joker / Are There Any Dance Steps From Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.