Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira (14885 Views)

Ananias & Sapphira: The Watershed Of TRUE And FALSE Christianity. / Whoever Introduces Tribalism To RCCG Will Die Like Ananias & Sapphira - Adeboye / Abrahamism Or Celebration Of Barbaric Savagery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by weblord1900: 11:39pm On Aug 02, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

You are not seeking God's power but you want him to prove his existence to you Wawu . Seun , that explains the kind of converts you get from your write ups . grin
Yes. Let him show me that he existed not his power. I have seen lot of powers but I can't differentiate between the fake and real ones.
I asked him to show me that he existed not his power
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by KingEbukaNaija: 11:44pm On Aug 02, 2016
weblord1900:

Yes. Let him show me that he existed not his power. I have seen lot of powers but I can't differentiate between the fake and real ones.

Dude , since God has shown you his power then He has proven His existence to you .
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by deekseen(m): 11:47pm On Aug 02, 2016
johnydon22:

And the bolded doesn't bother you - you have a supposedly [b]all powerful god [/b]that is so petty that you can compare it in character with such a vulnerable and flawed creature as man?
You know what you are referring to, because I don't.
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by weblord1900: 11:48pm On Aug 02, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Dude , since God has shown you his power then He has proven His existence to you .
OK how do I recognize his power when I experience it.
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by TomHagen: 11:50pm On Aug 02, 2016
weblord1900:

Am not seeking for God's power. Considering the kind of human beings that claim to be children of God by using fake powers and God is sitting down (if he exists)watching them .
If God wants me to believe in him, he can use a method that will be obvious to me that he existed .

I will urinate and you will tell me that it's God's doing. They said he is omnipotent (he can do all things) ..
Helping me to urinate successfully looks simple.
There are hard task out there beyond human capacity, that's where he needs to work. Like flushing fake powers, if lords chosen remains after the flushing. .i will not only be a member but junior pastor, if possible..the pastor himself grin
I understand you completely. Believe me. Also, they tell you that God has to convict you that you are saved, then around and blame you for not having that conviction they always talk about.

1 Like

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by 2odd(m): 11:50pm On Aug 02, 2016
weblord1900:

Am sure u are playing , although its said that even if you walk with ur back from to abuja some pple will still diminish ur importance .am sure dem (AYE) never get u.and ur life is free from tribulations .i pray it remains so for u, cos if u c those that are affected supernaturally ,u won't dare open ur mouth and say where is God . Use ur common sense ,u said u don c so many powers but u can distinguish the fake from the original . Since there's fake surely there's original.only a mad man says there's no God
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by sanyahkod(m): 11:52pm On Aug 02, 2016
menxer:

if after the coming of Jesus, the wages of sin is still death, then Jesus died in vain.

i am convinced that 'Christians' do not understand God's Love.

That Jesus died for your sins doesn't mean you go ahead sinning.

You don't want to die as a sinner....neither do I.

If I may ask, what then to you is the wages of sin after Jesus coming?
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by KingEbukaNaija: 11:54pm On Aug 02, 2016
4kings:

So ur justification for death and eventual eternal torment, is because of a lie.

SMH, Christians' beliefs are completely against humanism, but u guys will still stick to ur ideology because of the fear of hell. SMH

There are Christians who believe there is no Hell . Can you now explain why they still believe in God . You are a deist and you believe in God . What's now the point of that hokum

2 Likes

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by honourhim: 11:55pm On Aug 02, 2016
Seun:
Pastor Adeboye's recent fatwa on "whoever introduces tribalism to RCCG", which is confusing because their list of leaders shows that tribalism has already been introduced to the church, reminded me of my concerns about the morality of the Ananias and Sapphira tale.

According to Acts 20:32 - Acts 5:11, "there were no needy persons among [the Christians]. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need." This was obviously not a sustainable way to do things because eventually, all the rich people in the church would have been reduced to poverty.

Anyway, "a man named Ananias, with the consent of his wife Sapphira, sold a piece of property; with his wife’s knowledge, he kept back some of the proceeds, and brought only a part and laid it at the apostles’ feet" Now there's a lot to like about this couple. First, that they were willing to lose their property to help the needy in the church. Secondly, that they consulted with each other at every step of the way, and acted as one.

But this couple retained a sense of financial responsibility, so they decided to be keep some of the proceeds of the sale for themselves, to take care of their kids, etc. However, God (or someone who knew what happened), told Peter what they had done, and Peter shamed them before the church by revealing their secret. So they cried, repented, were forgiven, and brought the rest of the money to the apostles that evening.

Haha. Just kidding. Peter, the guy who denied Jesus three times and was forgiven, had them killed by the power of the Holy Spirit of God, who is love. First he killed Ananias, and somehow nobody told his wife about his death. Then he killed Sapphira for backing up her husband.

Imagine the sorrow of the parents who brought up Ananias and Sapphira and instilled in them the values that made them successful enough to own property and pious enough to embrace Christianity. Imagine the inconsolable wailing of their kids who would now have to rely on the charity of the same church that killed both of their parents, in order to survive. Consider the eternal burning in hell that awaited the couple.

How can anyone read this story and not be horrified by it? How can you open your mouth and say "God is love" after reading this chilling tale?

You have failed to face the truth that God can love and can hate. He can build and he can destroy.These things are clearly projected in the scripture. People should stop projecting God as one who cannot hate or harm anybody. Its wrong.
Again do you know what transpired between them as a church, the agreement they had before embarking on that practice of people bringing what they have? We cant tell. Some details are not given in biblical stories. If all the details were to be written, then the bible will be one large book that ten persons cannot carry. If put in volumes then you can imagine the number of volumes it will be.
Lets always bear this in mind when judging biblical stories and events.

3 Likes

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by 2odd(m): 11:55pm On Aug 02, 2016
Simple answer for those of you saying u want to see GOD not his power have u ever see AIR, don't you feel its power , Ok u don't,block ur nose n moutg for 10mins ,oya let's go
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 02, 2016
tosinjay:

They are not the mouthpiece of God, the bible is and in it says the standard and fruits of true men of God, it also makes us know there are and would be fakes. So that answers you, and then admit you were never a Christian. But an ignorant one as we still have around.
You don't get do you?

A pastor : Chosen by God.

Chosen by God supposed Chacteristics :

- Speaks gods word

- Nourishes his members

- filled with the holy spiri

- and so on

You don't obviously expect to be bombarded by daily news detailing rapes, murders, crimes et al commited by these people.

And no it's not the few "bad eggs".

Almost no week goes by where we don't hear at least 3 stories that touch perpertated by Pastors.

So what gives?

These are the pastors functions www.fggam.org/2013/06/you-are-gods-mouthpiece-to-the-world/ www.bibleanswerstand.org/pastors.htm

1 Like

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by kilo4sure: 11:58pm On Aug 02, 2016
SirWere:

Chaii.... Do you not know what being a pastor means??

It means, being the mouthpiece of God, the representative of the mosthigh.

Explain to me how such a man should still commit very idiotic and perveted sins......

.,.....And yet they do.......
A pastor is just a human being like you, the bible never refers to pastors as the mouthpiece of God. I believe you are also a former Christian, if so, then it is surprising that you post this.
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by KingEbukaNaija: 11:59pm On Aug 02, 2016
weblord1900:

OK how do I recognize his power when I experience it.

There are a thousand and one ways . Just know that Satan is more interested in miracles that would leave people in wonder than extricating you from your predicaments . God's power is best witnessed during the time of hopelessness or facing life's vicissitudes . And there is this divine assurance that comes with it , you can't just impugn it .

1 Like

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 03, 2016
2odd:
Simple answer for those of you saying u want to see GOD not his power have u ever see AIR, don't you feel its power , Ok u don't,block ur nose n moutg for 10mins ,oya let's go
..... Chaii..... In your mind, you have dropped a perfect proof.

Air is as a result of oxygen, nitrogen and some other gases.

The procedure detailing its existence and its composition even before man could write is well known and has been almost universally accepted.

Sorry, no God there. Just Gases.

6 Likes

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by menxer: 12:01am On Aug 03, 2016
sanyahkod:

That Jesus died for your sins doesn't mean you go ahead sinning.

You don't want to die as a sinner....neither do I.

If I may ask, what then to you is the wages of sin after Jesus coming?

forgiveness.

if man is to forgive seventy x seven times then how many times do you think God should/would/can forgive?
Unlimited x eternal times.

2 Likes

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by KingEbukaNaija: 12:02am On Aug 03, 2016
honourhim:

You have failed to face the truth that God can love and can hate. He can build and he can destroy.These things are clearly projected in the scripture. People should stop projecting God as one who cannot hate or harm anybody. Its wrong.

Exactly . God is both a loving God and a consuming fire .

2 Likes

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by 2odd(m): 12:02am On Aug 03, 2016
menxer:

if after the coming of Jesus, the wages of sin is still death, then Jesus died in vain.

If u are treated for an STD and u are completely cured ,does it me mean u won't get re infected or probably die from it if u get in contact with a carrier . Jesus is the medicine to that illness called sin ,you HAVE to remain in him to get completely free from it forever
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by 2odd(m): 12:03am On Aug 03, 2016
menxer:

If u are treated for an STD and u are completely cured ,does it me mean u won't get re infected or probably die from if u get in contact with a carrier . Jesus is the medicine to that illness called sin ,you have to remain in him to get completely free from it forever

1 Like

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by plaetton: 12:04am On Aug 03, 2016
Imagine subjecting children, chaining young, impressionable minds, to that handbook of immorality.

Funny thing is that these Pentecostal charlatans always always have their eyes on people's pockets, bank accounts and belongings.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by plaetton: 12:05am On Aug 03, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Exactly . God is both a loving God and a consuming fire .

The FARCE is strong with you, young man.
Keep it up.

grin grin grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by 2odd(m): 12:06am On Aug 03, 2016
SirWere:
..... Chaii..... In your mind, you have dropped a perfect proof.

Air is as a result of oxygen, nitrogen and some other gases.

The procedure detailing its existence and its composition even before man could write is well known and has been almost universally accepted.

Sorry, no God there. Just Gases.

Ur prove,show me those GASES, I WANT TO C THEM
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by menxer: 12:08am On Aug 03, 2016
2odd:

If u are treated for an STD and u are completely cured ,does it me mean u won't get re infected or probably die from if u get in contact with a carrier . Jesus is the medicine to that illness called sin ,you have to remain in him to get completely free from it forever

hahahahahahahaha

if Jesus is the 'vaccine,' you don't take vaccination monthly or yearly, do you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by Funjosh(m): 12:10am On Aug 03, 2016
Congratulations Seun next topic please cheesy
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by 4kings: 12:16am On Aug 03, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

There are Christians who believe there is no Hell . Can you now explain why they still believe in God . You are a deist and you believe in God . What's now the point of that hokum
Are u one of the christains who believe there is no hell?
I believe in God not Yahweh..
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by 2odd(m): 12:16am On Aug 03, 2016
menxer:

hahahahahahahaha

if Jesus is the 'vaccine,' you don't take vaccination monthly or yearly, do you?
Though u aint making sense ,whats a vaccine ?? Jesus is not use n dump n did i mention vaccine ,thats the problem we are facing . Mind u vaccines are not one off cures ,u have to take some periodically .?.try n google vaccines
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by KingEbukaNaija: 12:22am On Aug 03, 2016
plaetton:

The FARCE is strong with you, young man.
Keep it up.

grin grin grin

You do realise that this is best explained with a case of a strict disciplinarian at home or a pedagogue in school wink

1 Like

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by KingEbukaNaija: 12:25am On Aug 03, 2016
plaetton:
Imagine subjecting children, chaining young, impressionable minds, to that handbook of immorality.

Handbook of immorality ? How is " love your neighbour as yourself" immoral

Funny thing is that these Pentecostal charlatans always always have their eyes on people's pockets, bank accounts and belongings.

Isn't that why God punished the couple ? And he keeps exposing the fake prophets . Well thanks to Nairaland we are being inundated with that kind of news . Read the story again sir .

Acts 5: 1-6

5 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession, 2 and kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles’ feet. 3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? 4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God. 5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things. 6 And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.

1 Like

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by blessedvisky(m): 12:30am On Aug 03, 2016
Seun:
Pastor Adeboye's recent fatwa on "whoever introduces tribalism to RCCG", which is confusing because their list of leaders shows that tribalism has already been introduced to the church, reminded me of my concerns about the morality of the Ananias and Sapphira tale.

According to Acts 20:32 - Acts 5:11, "there were no needy persons among [the Christians]. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need." This was obviously not a sustainable way to do things because eventually, all the rich people in the church would have been reduced to poverty.

Anyway, "a man named Ananias, with the consent of his wife Sapphira, sold a piece of property; with his wife’s knowledge, he kept back some of the proceeds, and brought only a part and laid it at the apostles’ feet" Now there's a lot to like about this couple. First, that they were willing to lose their property to help the needy in the church. Secondly, that they consulted with each other at every step of the way, and acted as one.

But this couple retained a sense of financial responsibility, so they decided to be keep some of the proceeds of the sale for themselves, to take care of their kids, etc. However, God (or someone who knew what happened), told Peter what they had done, and Peter shamed them before the church by revealing their secret. So they cried, repented, were forgiven, and brought the rest of the money to the apostles that evening.

Haha. Just kidding. Peter, the guy who denied Jesus three times and was forgiven, had them killed by the power of the Holy Spirit of God, who is love. First he killed Ananias, and somehow nobody told his wife about his death. Then he killed Sapphira for backing up her husband.

Imagine the sorrow of the parents who brought up Ananias and Sapphira and instilled in them the values that made them successful enough to own property and pious enough to embrace Christianity. Imagine the inconsolable wailing of their kids who would now have to rely on the charity of the same church that killed both of their parents, in order to survive. Consider the eternal burning in hell that awaited the couple.

How can anyone read this story and not be horrified by it? How can you open your mouth and say "God is love" after reading this chilling tale?

Hi seun. What actually happened here was a misuse of power by Peter. If you recall, Peter was in charge of the church after Christ ascended Matt 16 :18
Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
John 21:15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. 21:16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. 21:17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

So we know Peter had power, and he misused it. If he didn't want either of them to die, they won't have. The church and apostles grew in knowledge throughout the book of Acts. A classical proof of this fact is Acts 8.
Simon wanted to buy the power of the Holy Spirit from Peter. Peter rebuked him sharply but he didn't die. Why? Because Peter was now wiser than making someone die.
And BTW, you don't have to lie to get a point across. The Bible doesn't record ananais and sapphira having children. I know it must be really hard for you, but don't say what the Bible didn't say.

Cc winner01
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by KingEbukaNaija: 12:31am On Aug 03, 2016
4kings:

Are u one of the christains who believe there is no hell?
Nope . But what I'm trying to say is that your proposition on God's existence - deism - is devoid of the belief in Hell .

I believe in God not Yahweh

What the heck is this bro ? Yahweh is God's Jewish name . Other tribes have their names for God .

1 Like

Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by menxer: 12:33am On Aug 03, 2016
2odd:

Though u aint making sense ,whats a vaccine ?? Jesus is not use n dump n did i mention vaccine ,thats the problem we are facing . Mind u vaccines are not one off cures ,u have to take some periodically .?.try n google vaccines

vaccine = medicine

i guess you made no allusion to medicine? besides you should know what it means when a word is in quotation marks. try google.
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by KingEbukaNaija: 12:37am On Aug 03, 2016
TomHagen:
If he comes to your church, what exactly will he see that is going to be different?

His doubts will be easily dispelled .
Re: The Barbaric Execution Of Ananias And Sapphira by 4kings: 12:42am On Aug 03, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Nope . But what I'm trying to say is that your proposition on God's existence - deism - is devoid of the belief in Hell .

What the heck is this bro ? Yahweh is God's Jewish name . Other tribes have their names for God .
What do u mean by my proposition of Gods existence is devoid of the belief in hell?
Like I told u before I don't believe God interferes in the actions of men.

And my ideology of God is not the same for Yahweh or any God of most tribe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Are Godly Parents Not Raising Godly Seeds? / The Dark Knight Shooting -satanic Influence Of The Joker / Is Sexual Immorality The Devil's Last Card In These Last Days?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.