Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) (23608 Views)

Ibrahim Dankwambo And His Wife, Adama In 1989 (Throwback Photo) / Abacha And Babangida In Kontagora In 1989 / IBB, Shehu Yar’adua & Nyako In Makkah For Hajj, 1989 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) by Goodnessy: 2:27pm On Aug 03, 2016
dearsly:
Stumbled upon this special report about the President of Nigeria.

Titled; CASSANDRA IGNORES HIMSELF

Newswatch, January 20,1986

History repeating?? shocked shocked embarassed

(Zoom and read)

Re: Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) by MasterofdRolls1(m): 2:27pm On Aug 03, 2016
NeduLuiZ:
We thought Gej failed us...

Never knew something worse awaited us

#trueNigerian

Fear not by brethren, God has decided to visit the Sins of Nyjerians, by giving us a stubborn deaf leader. We warned them, but no one listened. We should leave with the choice we made. Ps, I Never voted APC.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) by MasterofdRolls1(m): 2:28pm On Aug 03, 2016
Trailblazer1:
MY DAILY PRAYERS : May every individual who contributed in bringing Buhari to power suffer more than any other Nigerian

Amen and Amen and Amen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) by DanielPop(m): 2:29pm On Aug 03, 2016
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

&

Trailblazer1:
MY DAILY PRAYERS : May every individual who contributed in bringing Buhari to power suffer more than any other Nigerian
Re: Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 03, 2016
So far, the nomad is a waste of my vote!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) by pamcode(m): 3:08pm On Aug 03, 2016
Is the op expecting me to read all those pics he posted If so then it a long thing o.
Re: Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) by vislabraye(m): 3:17pm On Aug 03, 2016
nnachukz:
I keep saying this, that the bulk of people who voted this man to power were around 18-27years of age. They knew nothing about this man, they only relied on his sweet words which were new to them. Most of them were very lazy to research more about him beyond what he said. The man is the most unreliable person one can have as a leader.

I don't agree with u on this. So many people in their 30s, 40s and 50s voted heavily for him. Age group had little to do than tribal consideration.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) by vislabraye(m): 3:18pm On Aug 03, 2016
nnachukz:
I keep saying this, that the bulk of people who voted this man to power were around 18-27years of age. They knew nothing about this man, they only relied on his sweet words which were new to them. Most of them were very lazy to research more about him beyond what he said. The man is the most unreliable person one can have as a leader.

I don't agree with u on this. So many people in their 30s, 40s and 50s voted heavily for him. Age group had little to do than tribal consideration.....
Re: Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) by shellman: 3:30pm On Aug 03, 2016
drss2:
how nigerians voted dis failed expired product of 1985 in 2015 is d 10th wonder of d world. sad
That was the best material at the time given the gargantuan calamities brought about the country by Jonathan's range of weaknesses
Re: Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) by adegeye38(m): 3:30pm On Aug 03, 2016
Nogerians voting Buhari to power shows
1- how a disaster the last administration was
2- how foolish and clueless GEJ was
3-a choice between the devil and the deep blue sea

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) by shellman: 3:37pm On Aug 03, 2016
dearsly:

You will be amazed because he betrayed everyone's thrust back then just like today!...A leopard never changes his spot!
Can you, please, enumerate some issues of betrayal rightly associated with Buhari for us to know at that time cos people like me are mature to look back objectively &agree or disagree with you
Re: Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) by Henrichemeka(m): 3:40pm On Aug 03, 2016
My only problem now is that even the people that did not vote for him are all suffering for the mistakes of those that voted him.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) by Henrichemeka(m): 3:43pm On Aug 03, 2016
Patience would have solved Nigeria's problem but...there is God!
Re: Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) by shellman: 3:49pm On Aug 03, 2016
dearsly:

You will be amazed because he betrayed everyone's thrust back then just like today!...A leopard never changes his spot!
Can you, please, enumerate some issues of betrayal rightly associated with Buhari for us to know at that time cos people like me are mature to look back objectively &agree or disagree with you
passionate88:
ZOMBIES NO GO GREE O. THAT DULLARD NA IDIOT
This is not a fair &objective assessment of Buhari's performance. You better check whether his cup can be described as half empty or half full
Re: Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) by Emmenyk(m): 3:49pm On Aug 03, 2016
gartamanta:

Those who voted Buhari were far more interested in throwing out GEJ than they were about what they were bringing in. A case of chasing out the Cat to bring in the Lion.

True talk, like the Afonjas will warmly welcome a snake over Nyamiri
Re: Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) by Emmenyk(m): 3:53pm On Aug 03, 2016
Trailblazer1:

Forgive them, aah! Forgive me in particular

#Sobs

Re: Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) by passionate88: 3:54pm On Aug 03, 2016
shellman:

This is not a fair &objective assessment of Buhari's performance. You better check whether his cup can be described as half empty or half full
he is an idiot
Re: Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) by paulabdeel(m): 4:15pm On Aug 03, 2016
Ayatullah:

[b]You are a testimony to yourself that you are quite naive and a great dumb if you are relying on that Newswatch magazine to make your comments. Newswatch was a Magazine of no worthy repute. Definitely Nigerians are generally feeling some pains of Buhari reform. I am feeling it too. But I believe it is just too early to give up on him.

How many Nigerians were out to vent their anger on Jonathan when it was clear he and his team were vandalizing Nigeria in his reign? We were all "follow-follow" then. Everyone was running after what he could grab.

We deserve what we are facing now
because we have proven to be a people not known for standing up to injustice. Nigerians can hardly stand up and fight. Nobody wants to die for others to live.

Buhari definitely need to devise a means of deliberately and quickly addressing issue of hunger in the land, because while it is a joy to those of us who love the justice being meted out to looters and are happy about the amount being recovered but then this will not 'bellefull' the people.

Let us bear Buhari for at least another one year before condemning him as a failure. Jonathan and the PDP spent over 15 years and remember they enjoyed the 'oil boom'. [/b]

Your opening paragraph is a disaster. One that makes me ask how old you were in 1986. No offense intended. If you were grown up then and read magazines you wouldn't have stated that Newswatch was a magazine of no repute. It was the best magazine of that era. It had four of the best columnists of the time. Late Dele Giwa, Dan Agbese, Soji Omotunde and Yakubu Mohammed. So much so that Dele Giwa was killed with a letter bomb.
Corruption was very high under Jonathan, but the economy was stable and Nigeria was a foreign investment destination. Unfortunately this is no longer true. Haba.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) by paulabdeel(m): 4:46pm On Aug 03, 2016
shellman:

Good. I will mention a few.
1. Selective and discriminative retirement of Southerners. I worked in a Federal establishment for some years before going to the University. People were sacked there to pave way for northerners. And thry came in droves.
2. Ghana must go.
3. He banned importation, closed borders, raised custom duties. And people to had to queue and buy soap and beverages. Many died on those queues.
4. He had some politicians from the south west to be investigated over and over again to find fault.
5. During currency change when the borders were closed, he allowed the Emir of Muri to come in with 53 suitcases. He was the father of his ADC.
6. He named Tunde Idiagbon a fellow muslim and fellow northerner, though a Yoruba, as his deputy. No Nigerian leader has ever done that.
Then, the cry was that politicians were corrupt. He brought his own form of corruption, nepotism, tribalism and cronyism, as he is doing again.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) by Gmajor(m): 5:00pm On Aug 03, 2016
dearsly:
Last page.....
i am using a small phone to view the thread. What does the magazine say?
Re: Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) by Bilabong(m): 5:15pm On Aug 03, 2016
idupaul:
Nigeria and Nigerians once again I am sorry for voting General Cassandra in 2015 .
Boss
abeg which app u De carry write dis stuff
Re: Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) by idupaul: 5:20pm On Aug 03, 2016
Bilabong:

Boss
abeg which app u De carry write dis stuff

Meme generator on Google play
Re: Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) by egobetatoday: 5:33pm On Aug 03, 2016
Samtoby:
And OP really want me to read this... Na so joblessness reach for Nigeria?

It is called HISTORY. some people have been awarded PhDs in HISTORY. pls try and read it.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) by ATERI(m): 5:37pm On Aug 03, 2016
Unfortunately, Newswatch later became a disgrace and megaphone for Sanni Abacha!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) by ladja2013: 5:45pm On Aug 03, 2016
nnachukz:

You got it all wrong, rather those who voted for PDP and bulk of the wailers are between 18-27 years. Any one with a matured mind at the time of Buhari first coming into power will understand the the Genesis of the current problems. We saw it coming then, Buhari just like now instilled orderliness into the messy system left by the politicians. The economic was taking shape, masses were very happy but if course the looters ably protected by the political generals were not happy and planned their way in truncating a good process.
Check the record very well, to have a good understanding of Buhari regime in those days
Re: Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) by RZArecta(m): 6:12pm On Aug 03, 2016
Ayatullah:

[b][s]You are a testimony to yourself that you are quite naive and a great dumb if you are relying on that Newswatch magazine to make your comments. Newswatch was a Magazine of no worthy repute. Definitely Nigerians are generally feeling some pains of Buhari reform. I am feeling it too. But I believe it is just too early to give up on him.

How many Nigerians were out to vent their anger on Jonathan when it was clear he and his team were vandalizing Nigeria in his reign? We were all "follow-follow" then. Everyone was running after what he could grab.

We deserve what we are facing now
because we have proven to be a people not known for standing up to injustice. Nigerians can hardly stand up and fight. Nobody wants to die for others to live.

Buhari definitely need to devise a means of deliberately and quickly addressing issue of hunger in the land, because while it is a joy to those of us who love the justice being meted out to looters and are happy about the amount being recovered but then this will not 'bellefull' the people.

Let us bear Buhari for at least another one year before condemning him as a failure. Jonathan and the PDP spent over 15 years and remember they enjoyed the 'oil boom'[/s]. [/b]
rubbish, deluded comment. Na so truth pain you reach grin General Cassandra is a disaster to this country

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) by happney65: 6:15pm On Aug 03, 2016
nnachukz:

omolola15 come and see this..When you ask me why i dislike this man so much,it was because i am a student of history and i knew the same thing that happened then will happen again,I never supported him from the word go and will never be..I asked one of hes zoombies then,what was he's achievement when he was Military President,asked him why this Man failed when he was Military President,he told me to go ask Google..Now it is happening again..He failed then when a Barrel of oil sold even for 30$ per barrel..May All he's foolish supporters die of Thunder strike if you dont use your brains..Ode oshiiiii

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) by ATERI(m): 6:28pm On Aug 03, 2016
From 1960 until today, there is no single administration that can be considered to be better than the first coming of Buhari. Muritala Mohammed came close but was only in power for 6 months. Both Gowon and Obasanjo as military leaders ruled Nigeria when money was no issue. Buhari governed Nigeria for less than 2 years after the civilians have totally destroyed the psyche of the nation. Buhari took over and gave Nigeria a commendable sense of direction and financial discipline. That was what the Nigeria of that time demanded and Buhari gave us that. Have you forgotten War Against Indiscipline? Have you forgotten regular update on the state of the nation? Have you forgotten counter-trade? His number two was accused of not smiling, he replied that he smiled whenever he was about to collect his salary; there was financial discipline.
Human rights abuses? you bet! Nepotism and tribalism? Absolutely! Truth is, Nigerians were ready to forgive that because a larger goal was at stake. The common man was happy but the powerful felt offended, because of their inability to steal under his leadership. Please, we shouldn`t re-write history by viewing the past through the jaundiced lenses of today. Newswatch was a credible magazine until Dele Giwa was murdered, not after!
Re: Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) by nuelyoyo(m): 6:49pm On Aug 03, 2016
shamecurls:
I would have made a First class Honors in the University if I could strain my eyes to read the long epistle
depends on the phone u r using, just zoom the pics if its a touch screen phone. I just finished reading it and it was very insightful. kiss

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) by lovat(m): 7:14pm On Aug 03, 2016
shellman:
kindly stop disturbing here with your zombie rants. The article is self explanatory
Re: Buhari Was Inexplicably Deaf On His Own Advice On How To Lead (newswatch,1989) by Montaque(m): 7:20pm On Aug 03, 2016
His new name ...
Gen. Cassandra!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. / "Obasanjo Is A Wicked Person That Endorsed A Poison For You" - Tinubu / Police Avert Another Bomb Blast In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.