Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,668 members, 7,801,929 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers (11256 Views)

Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos / Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Award For Literature In 1986(throwback Photo) / Abubakar Adam Ibrahim Wins The 2016 Nigeria Prize For Literature. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by dammy13(m): 9:31am On Aug 03, 2016
The Etisalat Flash Fiction Award

Scholarship Description
In 2014, the Etisalat Prize for Literature also launched the online based flash fiction prize, The Etisalat Flash Fiction Award, to engage the rising stars of fiction. Flash fiction is fiction that is extremely brief, typically only a few hundred words or fewer in its entirety (though some define this as not more than 1000 words).

Etisalat has at the core of its vision, to encourage and inspire creativity. Having this in mind, the Flash Fiction Award has been established in order to cater to the large amount of interest received from unpublished writers across the Continent.

In order to garner some publicity for the art of flash fiction writing and the writers themselves, this category of the Prize will be open to the general public to review and contribute to the ultimate selection of a winner.

Eligibility
Authors eligible to participate in the Literary Competition must be of African descent. An Author of African descent is one who was either born in Africa, or one who is a national of an African country, or one who has a parent who was either born in or is a national of an African country.

Stories [no more than 300 words] should be submitted at the Etisalat Prize for Literature Flash Fiction Webpage.

Eligible groups
Citizens of any African country

Fields of study
Flash fiction writing

Sponsorship duration
This is a one time award prize

Award Prizes
Winners will receive:

Winning Author
£1,000 cash prize.
High end device or iPad
Published e-book (if available) promoted online and via SMS.

Runners-up (2):

£500 cash prize (each)
High end device or iPad

Method of Application
Stories [no more than 300 words] should be submitted at the Etisalat Prize for Literature Flash Fiction Webpage. Both the entries for submission by authors, and voting by the general public will open as indicated below. Moderations will be handled by a panel of Judges that are, writers, authors and literary enthusiasts.

It is important to visit the official website 9link to it is below) for complete information on how to apply.

DEADLINES:
The calender is as follows

Entries Open - September 1st, 2016.
Voting Open to the general public – October 7th, 2016
Top 50 Announced – November 4th , 2016
Finalists Announced – January 2017
Award Ceremony/Winner Announcement – March 2017

PLEASE NOTE:
In today’s fast paced world where communication is right at our finger tips through the use of smart devices; phones, tablets and the likes, consumers prefer to consume information on-the-go and in bite sized chunks. The Flash Fiction Award therefore seeks to marry both of these concepts together thus providing added value to mobile device users across Africa. [Also see the Etisalat Prize for Literature].

Etisalat Nigeria is one of the major mobile telecommunications service providers in Nigeria. Established in 2008, the network has since grown in leaps and bounds. In just 6 years of operations, Etisalat Nigeria has become a major industry player with a growing subscriber base of over 22 million in a highly competitive market.

Etisalat Nigeria's portfolio of voice and data-centric products include – easy starter, easycliq, easybusiness, and easyblaze; all tailor-made to meet the needs of its customers. Etisalat Nigeria is one of the 19 operations of the Etisalat Group that spans Africa, the Middle East and Asia serving over 182 million subscribers; and it is committed to delivering innovative and quality services to its growing subscribers.

Application Deadline: 6 October 2016

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2016/08/the-etisalat-prize-for-literature-flash.html

2 Likes

Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by ALAYORMII: 1:09pm On Aug 03, 2016
Etisalat una no try

We don't celebrate brain as much as we celebrate entertainers

£1000 for this but £10000 for music contest

15 Likes

Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by Hadeyeancah(m): 1:10pm On Aug 03, 2016
Ok, etisalat

Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by veekid(m): 1:10pm On Aug 03, 2016
Too much money
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 03, 2016
let me try again. I hope this time I get the recognition I deserve. thinking mood activated...#vote for me when its time.
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by Leadn(m): 1:10pm On Aug 03, 2016
Awesome! Going to try my luck with this... Good one from Etisalat NG
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by toprealman: 1:11pm On Aug 03, 2016
1k for cracking my brain but you pay millions to someone for just singing skiborubodkibo.....not fair one single bit.

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by slap1(m): 1:11pm On Aug 03, 2016
Last time I made the top 50 list but didn't go further.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by stanliwise(m): 1:12pm On Aug 03, 2016
Kamoru!!! where biro?
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 03, 2016
cool cool
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 03, 2016
Oh! Ok. Here's my entry:
....As Estharfabian plugged her Nokia 3310 into the power outlet, she felt volts of electricity flow through her. She jumped up and checked are body for burns, but there were none; as usual, her body was as fresh as expired frozen chicken. No worries. But still, she didn't feel right; something had changed. Then her brother, Justin, walked in and before he could utter a word, Estharfabian suddenly blurted out: "you need money, you want to pay Roseline a visit, and you plan to 'have fun', then break her heart later." Justin quickly left the room scared and confused. As he was closing the door behind him, Estharfabian continued, "you're thinking I'm crazy, and that Onila and Ireneony have been teaching to me drink palmwine and sniff superglue, and that I would have been better off being friends with Cutesexy1 so you could at least make a move on her". At this point Justin was having serious palpitations and just ran out of the house wondering what had come over Estharfabian. Suddenly Estharfabian began to realize what had happened: her quick encounter with electricity had given her the ability to read minds. She was elated, so she sat on the edge of her bed and thought about all the good things she could do with her newfound power and then suddenly proceeded to dump them in recycle bin of her mind. That would've been enough for any other person; but not Estharfabian. She deleted all the good thoughts from the recycle bin of her mind and left the bad ones. But Estharfabian only had one dominant bad thought: world domination. She thought of how she could surpass Hitler and it brought tears of joy to her eyes.
And in reality, no-one could stop Estharfabian. Except me: I can stop her by abruptly terminating the story here.
Estharfabian, you think say you get power? Na me write story. I get power pass you. Thank your stars I'm in a good mood. I could have turned you into a donkey for your sinister plans in the story, but alas, I'm a nice guy.

Someone please tell Etisalat that I'm waiting for my $100,000. Okay, it is only $1,000? I can still manage it for fuel. cheesy

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by Landloard01(m): 1:14pm On Aug 03, 2016
ok
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by faruz: 1:17pm On Aug 03, 2016
here to book space
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by toprealman: 1:17pm On Aug 03, 2016
slap1:
Please try again.....you stand a better chance this time.
Good luck.
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by stano2(m): 1:17pm On Aug 03, 2016
Better than organizing beauty pageant
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by toprealman: 1:17pm On Aug 03, 2016
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by uwajeh(m): 1:19pm On Aug 03, 2016
£1000??!! This is an embarrasment. How much did the winner MTN Project Fame take home?! How much does the winner of Gulder Ultimate Search take home?!

Just shows you the value we place on education. Truly if you want to hide something from a black man put it in a book.

3 Likes

Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by AmuEwu: 1:21pm On Aug 03, 2016
I must compete
Thank God there's still time to practice and get something ready
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by ALAYORMII: 1:24pm On Aug 03, 2016
veekid:
Too much money

Do you know the equivalent of that in Maura??

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by prahcetomi(m): 1:38pm On Aug 03, 2016
Getting set to write 'kabiru and the monitoring spirit'.....make una vote for me o

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:46pm On Aug 03, 2016
Who came up with this? 300 words is too small. A flash fiction of between 450-750 words would have been better. Three hundred words limits a lot of factors that goes into a real literary masterpiece.

The Masters of fiction will not have a chance to shine.

A short story would have been better to promote plot development and character development.

Still better people are thinking of the brains. However, when promoting brains, promote with tough challenges to find true geniuses.
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by nicedas(m): 2:01pm On Aug 03, 2016
slap1:
how do i submit my work, when am done writing?
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by kay29000(m): 2:16pm On Aug 03, 2016
You must be a master story teller to script a compelling story within the limits of 300 words. I will try it out sha.
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by skalett(f): 2:19pm On Aug 03, 2016
Ok
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by Elxandre(m): 2:32pm On Aug 03, 2016
toprealman:
1k for cracking my brain but you pay millions to someone for just singing skiborubodkibo.....not fair one single bit.
1k pounds.
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by Elxandre(m): 2:36pm On Aug 03, 2016
Una wan collect 100k pounds sterling on top 300 words abi

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by Missmossy(f): 2:49pm On Aug 03, 2016
The money is too small for such a creative work that would be very tasking and original.
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by ClassCaptain(m): 3:01pm On Aug 03, 2016
I will do it
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by toprealman: 3:59pm On Aug 03, 2016
Elxandre:
1k pounds.
<500K abi?

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by Richnero(m): 4:09pm On Aug 03, 2016
toprealman:
hope u are aware that it isn't 1k in naira but pounds..... As in ''one thousand pounds'' try converting that to naira bro and tell me what u get not to mention the fame you will recieve from winning the competition.
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by ladyF(f): 4:15pm On Aug 03, 2016
faruz:
here to book space
lol but why?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top Five Book Publishers In Nigeria / 'The Night Before I Killed Addiction' By Oche Joseph Otorkpa / My Escapades In The North-by Dioxidane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.