Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers (11263 Views)

Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos / Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Award For Literature In 1986(throwback Photo) / Abubakar Adam Ibrahim Wins The 2016 Nigeria Prize For Literature. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by faruz: 4:31pm On Aug 03, 2016
ladyF:
lol but why?
for future purpose wink
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by Interesting15: 5:34pm On Aug 03, 2016
slap1:
Last time I made the top 50 list but didn't go further.
Wow. You tried. Did you promote your link for people to vote for you?
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by slap1(m): 6:24pm On Aug 03, 2016
Interesting15:

I begged Lalasticlala and other nairaland mods to move it to front page but they refused. I felt so bad and decided to keep away from the literature section. Now that I've talked about it, it still hurt. cry

However, an edited version of the flash fiction in question has been published by an Indian literature magazine. smiley
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by Interesting15: 7:12pm On Aug 03, 2016
slap1:

I begged Lalasticlala and other nairaland mods to move it to front page but they refused. I felt so bad and decided to keep away from the literature section. Now that I've talked about it, it still hurt. cry

However, an edited version of the flash fiction in question has been published by an Indian literature magazine. smiley
Cool. Money follow?
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by slap1(m): 7:23pm On Aug 03, 2016
Interesting15:

Cool. Money follow?

The magazine is available on Amazon for $15. grin
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by Interesting15: 7:33pm On Aug 03, 2016
slap1:

The magazine is available on Amazon for $15. grin

I'm not doubting. What I'm saying is that, you (yes you) did they pay you? cheesy
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by AmuEwu: 7:50pm On Aug 03, 2016
Richnero:
hope u are aware that it isn't 1k in naira but pounds..... As in ''one thousand pounds'' try converting that to naira bro and tell me what u get not to mention the fame you will recieve from winning the competition.

I don't know why they're complaining bitterly. 1k pounds for a maximum of 300 words, I'm in.

Anyone who's not satisfied should go for the Pulitzer Prize
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by slap1(m): 8:33pm On Aug 03, 2016
Interesting15:

I'm not doubting. What I'm saying is that, you (yes you) did they pay you? cheesy

Not yet. I got publicity, which I still need at this point in my journey.
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by slap1(m): 8:38pm On Aug 03, 2016
Interesting15:

nicedas:
how do i submit my work, when am done writing?

I don't think submissions are open for now, but mention me when you're done.
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by Jasperwhizz(m): 9:33pm On Aug 03, 2016
Please how could submit his or her entry. I clicked on flash fiction on Etisalat Menu but there is nowhere to submit an entry.
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by MrBen10(m): 10:47pm On Aug 03, 2016
Following
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by Isomerizm(m): 2:34pm On Aug 06, 2016
slap1:

will the stories be open to the public to read, during voting?
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by slap1(m): 4:34pm On Aug 06, 2016
Isomerizm:
will the stories be open to the public to read, during voting?

Yes, for the entries approved by the judges.
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by Isomerizm(m): 6:44pm On Aug 06, 2016
slap1:

Yes, for the entries approved by the judges.
The top 50 will be selected by the judges?
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by slap1(m): 7:19pm On Aug 06, 2016
Isomerizm:
The top 50 will be selected by the judges?

I can't exactly remember now, but all the submitted works will be screened by the judges who then decides the works to publish for voting.
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by Jamesqu(m): 7:23am On Aug 09, 2016
slap1:

I can't exactly remember now, but all the submitted works will be screened by the judges who then decides the works to publish for voting.

How did you submit your entry last year? slap1

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by Jamesqu(m): 7:24am On Aug 09, 2016
Haute:
Oh! Ok. Here's my entry:
....As Estharfabian plugged her Nokia 3310 into the power outlet, she felt volts of electricity flow through her. She jumped up and checked are body for burns, but there were none; as usual, her body was as fresh as expired frozen chicken. No worries. But still, she didn't feel right; something had changed. Then her brother, Justin, walked in and before he could utter a word, Estharfabian suddenly blurted out: "you need money, you want to pay Roseline a visit, and you plan to 'have fun', then break her heart later." Justin quickly left the room scared and confused. As he was closing the door behind him, Estharfabian continued, "you're thinking I'm crazy, and that Onila and Ireneony have been teaching to me drink palmwine and sniff superglue, and that I would have been better off being friends with Cutesexy1 so you could at least make a move on her". At this point Justin was having serious palpitations and just ran out of the house wondering what had come over Estharfabian. Suddenly Estharfabian began to realize what had happened: her quick encounter with electricity had given her the ability to read minds. She was elated, so she sat on the edge of her bed and thought about all the good things she could do with her newfound power and then suddenly proceeded to dump them in recycle bin of her mind. That would've been enough for any other person; but not Estharfabian. She deleted all the good thoughts from the recycle bin of her mind and left the bad ones. But Estharfabian only had one dominant bad thought: world domination. She thought of how she could surpass Hitler and it brought tears of joy to her eyes.
And in reality, no-one could stop Estharfabian. Except me: I can stop her by abruptly terminating the story here.
Estharfabian, you think say you get power? Na me write story. I get power pass you. Thank your stars I'm in a good mood. I could have turned you into a donkey for your sinister plans in the story, but alas, I'm a nice guy.

Someone please tell Etisalat that I'm waiting for my $100,000. Okay, it is only $1,000? I can still manage it for fuel. cheesy

This your story ehn... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by slap1(m): 6:42pm On Aug 10, 2016
Jamesqu:

How did you submit your entry last year? slap1

The process will be published on their website when the time comes.
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by olanshile2016(m): 11:25pm On Aug 10, 2016
ClassCaptain:
I will do it
sis,have you got a published work cos its one of the qualification
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 28, 2016
#anticipating!
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by Cityofdavid(m): 4:10am On Sep 01, 2016
Please, I need someone to help me post the direct link for flash submission here. Let's clench this prize together.
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by Isomerizm(m): 6:32pm On Sep 01, 2016
Cityofdavid:
Please, I need someone to help me post the direct link for flash submission here. Let's clench this prize together.
http://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by Cityofdavid(m): 3:51am On Sep 02, 2016
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by LeMubs(f): 11:35am On Sep 06, 2016
I'm super in... You guys should sha vote for me. Biko...
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by LeMubs(f): 11:36am On Sep 06, 2016
Jamesqu:

This your story ehn... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Lol the story is just funny Nice sense of humor
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by LeMubs(f): 11:38am On Sep 06, 2016
Interesting15:

Is there a way to promote someone's links?
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by Isomerizm(m): 3:31pm On Sep 06, 2016
LeMubs:

social media.
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by Interesting15: 8:21pm On Sep 06, 2016
LeMubs:

Yes. After you've being shortlisted.
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by Wambah: 9:56am On Oct 15, 2016
...nd call for entries is closed.. I hope nd hope that things turn out fine for those who deserve it.
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by Wambah: 10:22am On Oct 15, 2016
Abeg..I want to know...the way this flash fiction voting is...Can one person vote twice? or will yhu vote via a social network just once??...I need to know
Re: Etisalat Prize For Literature Flash Fiction Award For Short Fiction Writers by Jamesqu(m): 7:55pm On Nov 01, 2016
What is next?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top Five Book Publishers In Nigeria / Sold To A Mafia Sex Lord Episode 1 / 'The Night Before I Killed Addiction' By Oche Joseph Otorkpa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.