Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,668 members, 7,801,928 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

Nairaland Homepage Bug - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nairaland Homepage Bug (1611 Views)

Why Is Nairaland Homepage Looking Like This / Seun Alert: Bug On Nairaland Nairaland.net Is Not Flagged / Nairaland Homepage Concept UI. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Homepage Bug by nnasino(m): 9:57am On Aug 03, 2016
Nairaland homepage doesn't load most of the time. It says the page redirected too many times. Please this should be fixed I have to access d site through the techmarket

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Homepage Bug by dominique(f): 10:34am On Aug 03, 2016
Have you tried accessing it through other browsers?
Re: Nairaland Homepage Bug by nnasino(m): 1:50pm On Aug 03, 2016
dominique:
Have you tried accessing it through other browsers?
yeah, everywhere. Chrome, edge, mobile browser, safari.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Homepage Bug by 2mNaira: 3:42pm On Aug 03, 2016
nnasino:
yeah, everywhere. Chrome, edge, mobile browser, safari.

This is very true.I have experienced it too many times.
Even a today; even a few minutes ago.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Homepage Bug by dominique(f): 8:55pm On Aug 03, 2016
Could be overwhelmed server. I advise you clear your cache and cookies to enable the page load better
Re: Nairaland Homepage Bug by Raypawer(m): 11:53pm On Aug 03, 2016
This is not about cache, there are too many users, nairaland needs like dedicated server!

dominique:
Could be overwhelmed server. I advise you clear your cache and cookies to enable the page load better
Re: Nairaland Homepage Bug by 2mNaira: 1:38am On Aug 04, 2016
Raypawer:
This is not about cache, there are too many users, nairaland needs like dedicated server!

Its neither a cache or traffic issues. Its a bug.Seun should look into it.
Re: Nairaland Homepage Bug by Nobody: 6:36am On Aug 04, 2016
It ain't a cache thingy as the poster above me stated.. This is clearly a bug.. It redirects way too many times and I guess this also eats up resources from the server...

I hope the site is not on the verge of a nervous breakdown...
Re: Nairaland Homepage Bug by romme2u: 7:23am On Aug 04, 2016
elpedro:
It ain't a cache thingy as the poster above me stated.. This is clearly a bug.. It redirects way too many times and I guess this also eats up resources from the server...

I hope the site is not on the verge of a nervous breakdown...

it is not really a bug but a misconfigured server. it is like nairaland CDN is misconfigured because sometimes the site reports to be offline in addition to too many redirects. it is like the CDN (or possibly the cache) seems to be redirecting to themselves perpetually.

nnasino:
Nairaland homepage doesn't load most of the time. It says the page redirected too many times. Please this should be fixed I have to access d site through the techmarket
simple solution till the problem is fixed.

when the home page is not loading type this "nairaland.com/home"

make sure to add the /home to the url
Re: Nairaland Homepage Bug by Raypawer(m): 12:25pm On Aug 04, 2016
i suspect that it has something to do with cloudflare's config

mnairaland:

Its neither a cache or traffic issues. Its a bug.Seun should look into it.
Re: Nairaland Homepage Bug by 2mNaira: 12:31pm On Aug 04, 2016
Raypawer:
i suspect that it has something to do with cloudflare's config

It quite possible.
Re: Nairaland Homepage Bug by yunglary(m): 3:32pm On Aug 04, 2016
Nairaland host is verrrry bad. I also experience, i think Seun is not maintaining this site, Because he should have moved the site to a better domain.
And too many redirects occurs when the website have redirect the website more than 20 times!.
Re: Nairaland Homepage Bug by iyaegin: 5:37am On Sep 08, 2016
Hello All, am struggling with this very error at the moment.
Phone type is a Samsung J5
Occuring on both Chrome and IE
Mobile data network is MTN

Please urgently look into the issue as it keeps saying too many redirects , my phone has cleared enough cookies to feed a creche please help!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Homepage Bug by umaryusuf(m): 7:38am On Sep 08, 2016
nnasino:

You are not alone. On my mobile chrome browser, it works fine but on my PC chrome browser it is the same bug as u explained.

However at this very moment it seems to have been corrected As am not longer experiencing the bug on my PC chrome browser.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Place Your App On Google Playstore / Post Your Csharp, Cplusplus, Java And Assembly Questions Here. / Cry Of Someone That's In Need Of Placement In A Programming Hub/tech Firm.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.