Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,849 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia (12296 Views)

INEC Announces Dates For 2019 General Elections / People With Placards Beg Jonathan To Come Back In Police Presence In Sokoto / Jonathan Visits Polling Stations In Zambia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia by emmalezy(m): 1:01pm On Aug 03, 2016
Former President Goodluck Jonathan will be leading the African Union Elections Observation Mission (AUEOM) to the Zambia ahead of the country's general election scheduled to take place on October 11, 2016.

According to a press statement released on African Union's website on Monday, August 1st, the team headed by former Nigerian President would lead members of the Short Term observers from 1st to 15 August 2016. Read the full statement below:

"The Chairperson of the African Union Commission has approved the deployment of African Union Elections Observation Mission (AUEOM) to the General Elections scheduled to place in the Republic of Zambia on 11 October 2016.

The deployment of the AUEOM will take place in two phases. The first phase comprises the deployment of long term election experts and took place from 14 July to 22 August 2016 and it is made up of 10 observers. For the first time, the African Union long term experts include election/ legal political/media/campaign analysts. The objective is ensure that the AUEOM approaches its work with added professionalism and factual analysis of the legal, political, electoral, media and campaign aspects of the electoral process in Zambia.

At the second phase of the Mission, the long term experts will to be joined by Short Term observers from the 1st to 15 August 2016. The Short Term Mission will be headed by H.E. Goodluck Jonathan, former President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

The African Union Elections Observation Mission draws its mandate from various African Union instruments, most importantly: (a) the African Union Guidelines for Elections Observation and Monitoring Missions?(2002); (b) the OUA/AU Declaration on Principles Governing Democratic Elections in Africa (2002); African Charter on Human and Peoples Rights (1981) and (c) African Charter on Democracy, Elections and Governance (2007), among others.

The objectives of the Mission is (a) to provide an accurate and impartial reporting or assessment of the quality of the 25th October General Elections in the United Republic of Tanzania, including the degree to which the conduct of the elections meets regional, continental and international standards for democratic elections; (b) to offer recommendations for improvement of future elections based on the findings; and, and (c) to demonstrate AU’s interest to support Tanzania’s elections and democratisation process to ensure that the conduct of genuine elections contributes to the consolidation of democratic governance, peace and stability in Tanzania in particular and the East African sub-region in general.

source
http://www.reportnaija.com/2016/08/former-president-jonathan-leads-au.html

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 03, 2016
Like him or hate him he continues to soar..under ur administration sir I bought fuel for 87 now its 145 naira.I bought a derica of rice for 240 now its almost 500,I bought kerosene 60 naira per liter now its morethan 200,I pay from agege to ikeja for 50 naira now its 120naira. the must annoying one is pure water,we bought a bag of purewater at 80 but now its 200 and a sachet for 10 naira.GEJ am proud I voted for u over the dullard.

175 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 03, 2016
Since Nigeria is already infected with tribal and religious bigotry, it is left for other nations and int'l organizations to evaluate and make objective verdicts via their actions and inactions towards PMB and GEJ.

the fact that Gej did well for Nigeria is being proved to us on quotidian bases by his selection by international bodies for crucial and prestigious assignments.

You can't expect the world to look up to an incompetent slacker that said the blood of dogs and baboons will flow if he loses the election, a man that started the “inconclusive” election trend to be called to observed elections in other nations.

Its a pity that such a man is lauded and cherished in Nigeria by the so illogical Zombies.

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia by richidinho(m): 1:24pm On Aug 03, 2016
Not surprised at all

He is a peaceful man

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia by Trailblazer1(m): 1:41pm On Aug 03, 2016
God punish Buhari

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia by dunkem21(m): 1:58pm On Aug 03, 2016
Zombies won't like this cool

Click one like for the Hero of democracy joor grin

181 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia by NwaNimo1(m): 2:30pm On Aug 03, 2016
GEJ the statesman....

101 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia by chukzbozz86: 2:30pm On Aug 03, 2016
Ride on HERO of our Democracy!!!

Zombies food Don done lol

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia by EmuesiriAlex(m): 2:31pm On Aug 03, 2016
Re: Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia by josephine123: 2:31pm On Aug 03, 2016
nice

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia by Iscoalarcon: 2:31pm On Aug 03, 2016
The otouke drunkard

Quote me and die

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia by benedictac(f): 2:31pm On Aug 03, 2016
This man is just moving forward and Bubu still dey dia dey shout kwurruption

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 03, 2016
JOE JOE JONA

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia by kgr8mike(m): 2:32pm On Aug 03, 2016
GEJ - you are the best president Nigeria has ever had. You were sincere to us. You knew what you were doing. With you I had a glimpse of where Nigeria was headed. But honestly I need special optical glass to even see beyond my nose right now.

However I thank God you let go of the power the incompetents craved for. That was the height of civility. You offered yourself but Nigeria chose 'backwardness' as you prophesied.

Today we are counting the cost.

Today however you are a world model. If all seekers of power all over the world will take you as a model, the world will be at peace.

No blood of any Nigerian is worth your political ambition -. What an understanding!!!

I love you Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

56 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 03, 2016
wow... The true icon of democracy

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia by Topmostt: 2:33pm On Aug 03, 2016
Great Man. The sky is your starting point.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia by Guyman02: 2:33pm On Aug 03, 2016
SahaLIE Reporters will soon report that he ran to exile in Zambia grin grin

28 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia by Lovelynature(m): 2:33pm On Aug 03, 2016
Seems nature wrote leadership on GEJ

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia by kinglekan: 2:33pm On Aug 03, 2016

Benedictac can you spare 2mins of your time? smiley
Re: Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia by Greataausim(m): 2:33pm On Aug 03, 2016
Lols.... GEJ endless leadership.....
Sir we are pouds of you

LalaLasticala... Come and see, wetin Gej dey represent outside....

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia by nelcliff(m): 2:34pm On Aug 03, 2016
More grease to ur elbow GEJ

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia by Luckylife(m): 2:35pm On Aug 03, 2016
Great man !

16 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia by GetWellNigeria: 2:36pm On Aug 03, 2016
Jonathan is incompetent and a failed tribalist & hope less leader of Avengers & other hopeless IPob youths here.Take it or block me.....

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia by Achorise: 2:36pm On Aug 03, 2016
making Nigeria proud .
Haters will not like this.
the only man who welcomes opposition.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia by gurunlocker: 2:36pm On Aug 03, 2016
Iscoalarcon:
The otouke drunkard

Quote me and die
I can not die because I need to let you know you are foolish

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 03, 2016
blueto:
Since Nigeria is already infected with tribal and religious bigotry, it is left for other nations and int'l organizations to evaluate and make objective verdicts via their actions and inactions towards PMB and GEJ.

the fact that Gej did well for Nigeria is being proved to us on quotidian bases by his selection by international bodies for crucial and prestigious assignments.

You can't expect the world to look up to an incompetent slacker that said the blood of dogs and baboons will flow if he loses the election, a man that started the “inconclusive” election trend to be called to observed elections in other nations.

Its a pity that such a man is lauded and cherished in Nigeria by the so illogical Zombies.
u've said it aallllllll!

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia by Achorise: 2:37pm On Aug 03, 2016
making Nigeria proud .
Haters will not like this.
the only man who welcomes opposition.

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia by butanep(m): 2:38pm On Aug 03, 2016
Jonathan is really an honorable man.

You will always be remembered for your good leadership qualities in Nigeria and Africa in general. You are the next after Nelson Mandela Of SA.

You really proved to us your ambition doesn't worth the blood of Nigerians. I am proud of you. Nigeria was the best economically during your leadership.

Not the dullard we have now that is totally confused.

23 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia by Luckylife(m): 2:40pm On Aug 03, 2016
Zombie spotted! means you are already dead. So your comments are useless and can't kill a mosquito.
Iscoalarcon:
The otouke drunkard

Quote me and die

32 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Observe General Elections In Zambia by Landloard01(m): 2:40pm On Aug 03, 2016
ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Funso Doherty's Letter To Governor Sanwo-Olu On ₦1 Trillion Issuance Programme / Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke' / APC Ward To Ward Campaign For Tinubu In Boki, Cross River State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.