Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? (7950 Views)

Why So Many Atheists On Nairaland Forum? / A Sincere Letter To All Atheists On Nairaland / Nigerian atheists should take several seats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Bro ... what does this mean ?
The existence of a non-interventionist creator God MAKES NO DIFFERENCE..... It's of the same consequence as there being no God. You might as well believe in No God at all.....
Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by 4kings: 2:37pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEtienneSky:
Deism is superflous....
Explain what u mean
Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:40pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEtienneSky:
The existence of a non-interventionist creator God MAKES NO DIFFERENCE..... It's of the same consequence as there being no God. You might as well believe in No God at all.....

Erroneous conclusion , the consequence of the absence of God means NOTHING will exist . No spiritual realm , physical/material universe , Nothing

1 Like

Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I'm a clairvoyant !!!
Hehehehe..... Explains a lot, doesn't it?!
Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by 4kings: 2:40pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEtienneSky:
Did u read what u wrote, how can a noninterventionist Creator equate 'there is no God'?
Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:42pm On Aug 06, 2016
4kings:

Did u read what u wrote, how can a noninterventionist Creator equate 'there is no God'?

Help me ask him oo
Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 06, 2016
4kings:

Except I was talking about there being no difference in consequences...
Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by 4kings: 2:45pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEtienneSky:
Except I was talking about there being no difference in consequences...
The consequences will be; no universe, no you, no realm.
Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Erroneous conclusion , the consequence of the absence of God means NOTHING will exist . No spiritual realm , physical/material universe , Nothing
That's gonna be a problem you know.... Because SOMETHING already exists!!! It comes down to explaining HOW something came from "nothing", since it has been established that "something" STARTED existing i.e it has not existed forever.
Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:48pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEtienneSky:
That's gonna be a problem you know.... Because SOMETHING already exists!!! It comes down to explaining HOW something came from "nothing", since it has been established that "something" STARTED existing i.e it has not existed forever.

Bro . Calm down and think . God is the precursor of the universe . He is eternal - no beginning , no end . Take away God who caused the universe's existence then you are left with nothing .
Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 06, 2016
4kings:

The consequences will be; no universe, no you, no realm.
Kindly refer to the above.
Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Bro . Calm down and think . God is the precursor of the universe . He is eternal - no beginning , no end . Take away God who caused the universe's existence then you are left with nothing .

My my...... Now, you've gotta make it clear. Are you refering to some kind of PERSONAL entity with cosmic consciousness? A personal God?
Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by 4kings: 2:52pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEtienneSky:
Kindly refer to the above.
Kindly refer to ebuka's comment
Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:53pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEtienneSky:
My my...... Now, you've gotta make it clear. Are you refering to some kind of PERSONAL entity with cosmic consciousness? A personal God?

What difference does it make ? Does being a personal God limit his abilities ?
Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by raphieMontella: 3:20pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEtienneSky:
oh..... This is WRONG. Atheism is NOT "Lack of belief in the existence of God".... It is ACTUALLY, at bottom, the belief that There's NO God, which is, of course, an ASSERTION, a philosophical position, that could never have been held by a young mind just entering the human sphere.... We were all born with BLANK minds, minds as white as canvas which could be painted ANY colour by the RIGHT person. That's why your environment and upbringing determine your beliefs and mindset...... Your Education may, or may not have any major effect on it, as it depends on the kind of mind and situation (as well as degree of exposure)..... Although, if you're rational enough, your rationality will eventually interfere with the kind of consciousness (Most times, FALSE consciousness) your environment and parents have constructed for you. It is at that point, that you begin to CREATE YOURSELF... Your true self begin to emerge, although unless you're infinitely rational, you will never be able to be TOTALLY free of the identity constructed for you, of the influence the environment has exerted on you. However, you would have developed substantially enough to have expressed your true character to a reasonable degree.

These all depend on your rationality, which can be affected by whether you're a FEELING type, SENSING type, INTUITIVE type, or THINKING type.......

There's probably more to it though.
Ceteris paribus
atheism is the stand that alll gods presented by all religions available is the wrong god..i.e not the source of our life and definetely not the source of our morals...
My evaluation here asserts that all humans are brought into earth as atheists being that religion(all religions available) is man made and not of the original creator...
I.e we are nt as a result of some medieval god creation..
Religion was made by man..get it

1 Like

Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:27pm On Aug 06, 2016
raphieMontella:

Ceteris paribus
atheism is the stand that alll gods presented by all religions available is the wrong god..i.e not the source of our life and definetely not the source of our morals...
My evaluation here asserts that all humans are brought into earth as atheists being that religion(all religions available) is man made and not of the original creator...
I.e we are nt as a result of some medieval god creation..
Religion was made by man..get it

Please please . You guys should stop associating the existence of God with religion if you want to whet my interest in your arguments . Because you lack the belief in the existence of God does not imply God does not exist . If everyone as you claim is an atheist at birth , though fallacious , it does not preclude the existence of God . Get it ? smiley
Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by HCpaul(m): 3:30pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

See eh , If you've noticed I am not usually active because these arguments are now banal and vapid . So don't expect me to continue this argument . Pay attention to the emboldened texts and take correction abeg .
God's judgement decides that .
What's the point of this question since you claim to understand Deism .
There are theistic evolutionists . Or religious people who are evolutionists . There is no proof for macro-evolution . A deist could most likely subscribe to progressive creationism though there are certainly Deists who are evolutionists .
This is incongruous with the definition
Every deist has his own concept of the creator . Most of these concepts are influenced by religion . "Anthropomorphic" is the appropriate term .
A deist's version of eternal life could be reincarnation .
If He wants to . Its very advisable to
Congrats on your graduation from secondary school . What were your college choices ?

What have education has to do with this?? The popular Bill Gate that you are even fighting for is just a college dropout.
I don't respect educationists, I respect an innovative mind.

Just try to be less emotional and stop abusing people when arguing. That is the only character that I dislike about you and in real life, am suspecting pride and arrogance.

You confidently speak trash and believe that you are now a genius just with the little information that you are able to get online.

Am just trying to advice you nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

What difference does it make ? Does being a personal God limit his abilities ?
Nah..... That's not my point. I'm asking if Deists believe in a personal God.....
Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:39pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEtienneSky:
Nah..... That's not my point. I'm asking if Deists believe in a personal God.....

I'm not a deist . And they don't believe in a personal God .

1 Like

Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by raphieMontella: 3:41pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Please please . You guys should stop associating the existence of God with religion if you want to whet my interest in your arguments . Because you lack the belief in the existence of God does not imply God does not exist . If everyone as you claim is an atheist at birth , though fallacious , it does not preclude the existence of God . Get it ? smiley
i clearly stated all gods available....
That's why i used ceteris paribus...
Man made all available gods..bt it doesnt mean there is no god..and it doesnt also mean there is a god...
Hope u grab..
Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:
Honestly I consider myself an atheist going by the definition . It says atheism is the lack of belief in God . Belief is the confidence in the truth of something without proof . I have confidence in the reality of God's existence and I have proof so it makes me an Atheist . If you contravene my logic , then you have to accept that Atheism is actually the belief that there is no God .
Yeah, right.... Atheism IS the belief that there's no God..... Full stop. End of story.
Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:44pm On Aug 06, 2016
HCpaul:

What have education has to do with this?? The popular Bill Gate that you are even fighting for is just a college dropout.
I don't respect educationists, I respect an innovative mind.

Just try to be less emotional and stop abusing people when arguing. That is the only character that I dislike about you and in real life, am suspecting pride and arrogance.

You confidently speak trash and believe that you are now a genius just with the little information that you are able to get online.

Am just trying to advice you nothing more.

Where did I abuse him ? . I simply congratulated someone on His graduation after he told me that I was insane . Please don't be hypocritical here ... He abused me first and I still have not replied his insults . And please boy , don't mention me EVER AGAIN . You are starting to irritate me . Honestly .
Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I'm not a deist . And they don't believe in a personal God .
I'm aware you're not a deist.... I declared deism superflous, and you atempted to prove otherwise, only to end up arguing for theism....

Perhaps you do agree with my take on deism?
Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:48pm On Aug 06, 2016
raphieMontella:

i clearly stated all gods available....
That's why i used ceteris paribus...
Man made all available gods..bt it doesnt mean there is no god..and it doesnt also mean there is a god...
Hope u grab..

@ bolded Bro , isn't this Kettle Logic ?
Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 06, 2016
Matter can nither be created nor destroyed I guess I was paying more attention to my physics class, is the university Not made of matter??
Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:56pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEtienneSky:
I'm aware you're not a deist.... I declared deism superflous, and you atempted to prove otherwise, only to end up arguing for theism....

Perhaps you do agree with my take on deism?

Remember , we were trying to let you understand that a non-interventionist God does not mean God does not exist .

Well , I'm not sure what a deist's thinks about God ,I just work with the general view of deism
Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by adoyi8: 4:15pm On Aug 06, 2016
felixomor:

Please take time and read the full article before u continue to argue with yourself on the definition of an atheist.

He even went ahead to state that it makes more sense to believe in God than not.
Read it, and be illuminated cool

and he said this “Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very efficient. There’s a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning.”
Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by raphieMontella: 4:16pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

@ bolded Bro , isn't this Kettle Logic ?

pancake logic..kettle logic...
Even science doesnt claim to fully knw the cause of the high temperature which alttered the equilibrum in the singularity and what brought abt the singularityy and what was before the singularity...
So its eida theres a god or there isnt..bt we dont/shudnt jst jump to the conclusion that it was a god...thats a god of the gaps
Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by felixomor: 4:20pm On Aug 06, 2016
adoyi8:

and he said this “Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very efficient. There’s a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning.”

Leave 2014 article and be quoting 1997 information. U hear. No comments for u. grin
Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:21pm On Aug 06, 2016
raphieMontella:

pancake logic..kettle logic...
Even science doesnt claim to fully knw the cause of the high temperature which alttered the equilibrum in the singularity and what brought abt the singularityy and what was before the singularity...
So its eida theres a god or there isnt..bt we dont/shudnt jst jump to the conclusion that it was a god...thats a god of the gaps

I chose to be close-minded on that bro . I know of God's existence . But hey , you are the so called free thinkers , you guys should not conclude there is no God . wink

1 Like

Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by adoyi8: 4:23pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Mtcheew ... Smh ... Bus owners are not touts , their conductors and the bus loaders , the ones that help load the buses with passengers at the motor park and are paid little money are the touts - the atheists .

Try preaching to those ones and see their reaction .
may be its because they have faced the realities of life and they dont believe in a sky daddy to provide their needs. they know that Psalm 23 is just a scam
Re: Are There Any 100% Nigerian Atheists On Nairaland? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:30pm On Aug 06, 2016
adoyi8:

may be its because they have faced the realities of life and they dont believe in a sky daddy to provide their needs. they know that Psalm 23 is just a scam

How does this exactly controvert the fact that the touts here are 100 percent Nigerian atheists .

Let me say this again :

Christians -32 percent of the world's population - have the lion's share of the global wealth , 55 percent . While the worshipers of other gods , the atheists , agnostics , free thinkers, deists , pantheists etc -68 percent of the world's population -are left with the remaining 45 percent .

God is indeed a merciful God grin cool

Peace ma nigga (where is that peace sign emoji ?! Nairaland angry ) grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"I don't believe in God, but I go to church" / What Is Sin? / If A 2month Old Baby Dies , Where Will He Go ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.