Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,776 members, 7,806,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

"I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan (73560 Views)

Why Fayose Is Not Among Governors Visiting Buhari - Presidency / "Pussy Cat Where Have You Been?", Reno Omokri Mocks Those Visiting Buhari In UK / We've Been Visiting Nnamdi Kanu In Prison — UK Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan by Elose11(m): 4:19pm On Aug 03, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4058105_20160803164852_jpeg47f3c20132d05f9bc39898823392880c
Jonathan exiting the villa after meeting with Buhari

Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan has downplayed the importance of his latest visit to President Muhammadu Buhari.

On Wednesday, Jonathan visited Buhari at the presidential villa, drawing the curiosity of journalists on the purpose of the meeting.

But speaking with state house correspondents before exiting the villa, Jonathan said he had met the president many times without the notice of journalists, because such meetings were in the night.

He added that as a former president, he had become a property of the state and visits to the president should be expected.

“You asked why I came to see the president today; one key thing is that having been a head of government, a former president, you become a state property,” he said.

“That’s the privilege you have but every privilege has its corresponding responsibility, and once you become a state property, most of your international engagements that have to do with public addresses and some international assignments, they become national assignments; you brief the President.

“Even when I was here, the former presidents used to do that and see me. I have been coming; most times I come in the night; that’s why you don’t see me.

“I came to brief the president about some of my engagements. As you are aware, I will leading the AU elections monitoring team to Zambia, I came to brief the president about some of these external engagements. It is the tradition.”

Jonathan also spoke on resolving renewed agitation in the Niger Delta, saying all the stakeholders must be involved in efforts to find solutions.

“It’s not just about me but about all the traditional rulers, elders and opinion leaders that are of the Ijaw ethnic nationality,” he said.

“We have been in touch to see that peace reigns in the country; those of you that have followed my talks when I was here, my emphasis was always that we need a united Nigeria and I always emphasise that Nigeria is great not just about the oil. So many countries produce more oil than Nigeria but nobody notices them.

“We are great because of our size, the human resources we have, the diversity we have. If we fragmentise the country into small components, we will be forgotten by the world. That has been my focal position and without peace there cannot be development anywhere in the world; we are all working collectively to see that issues are resolved.”

Asked for his comments about the fight against corruption, he said: “I don’t want to talk about that one because there are too many cases that are in court.

“It will not be fair to make comments; I will talk at the appropriate time when most of these things are resolved.”

https://www.thecable.ng/ive-visiting-buhari-night-says-jonathan?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C9229446120

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan by Elose11(m): 4:20pm On Aug 03, 2016
Witches and Wizards.

58 Likes

Re: "I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan by madridguy(m): 4:21pm On Aug 03, 2016
Welcome development.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan by sarrki(m): 4:23pm On Aug 03, 2016
Naima followers are so gullible fighting on politician they are all same

Including me, I & myself

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 03, 2016
“You asked why I came to see the president today; one key thing is that having been a head of government, a former president, you become a state property,” he said.“

That’s the privilege you have but every privilege has its corresponding responsibility, and once you become a state property, most of your international engagements that have to do with public addresses and some international assignments, they become national assignments; you brief the President.

“Even when I was here, the former presidents used to do that and see me. I have been coming; most times I come in the night; that’s why you don’t see me.

“I came to brief the president about some of my engagements. As you are aware, I will leading the AU elections monitoring team to Zambia, I came to brief the president about some of these external engagements. It is the tradition.”

He came to inform Buhari that he will be leading AU elections monitoring team.

What a way to stylishly daunt your opponent, knowing that Buhari can never be honoured with such task cheesygrin

280 Likes 19 Shares

Re: "I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan by Descartes: 4:25pm On Aug 03, 2016
Very true.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan by HtwoOw: 4:32pm On Aug 03, 2016
Make dem no let am sneak poison enter Aso Villa o

I no trust the baga

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan by josephine123: 4:36pm On Aug 03, 2016
hmmm
Re: "I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:36pm On Aug 03, 2016
God Bless GEJ and PMB.

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan by bigboss80s(m): 4:46pm On Aug 03, 2016
blueto:

He came to inform Buhari that he will be leading AU elections monitoring team.

What a way to stylishly daunt your opponent, knowing that Buhari can never be honoured with such task cheesygrin
Lol only the discerning will understand

110 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan by ikorodureporta: 4:55pm On Aug 03, 2016
Elose11:
Witches and Wizards.

grin

8 Likes

Re: "I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan by DICKtator: 4:57pm On Aug 03, 2016
Nicodemus and Cassandra tryst!!!!

grin grin grin grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 03, 2016
Re: "I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan by Coldfeet(f): 4:57pm On Aug 03, 2016
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm cheesy

Zombies come and see o! Bubu is taking night class lectures from Gej grin grin the dulladinho needs lessons on good governance. Kikikikikikikikikiki

Jonah my hero kiss kiss kiss

Many zombies are viewing but only a few are commenting grin gringrin grin grin

218 Likes 15 Shares

Re: "I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan by timilehin007(m): 4:57pm On Aug 03, 2016
Betraying some particular set of people

8 Likes

Re: "I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan by Batlan01: 4:57pm On Aug 03, 2016
GHOST MODE!!!

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan by herzern(m): 4:58pm On Aug 03, 2016
Yorubas will understand

Ooru la'n seka

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan by Originality007: 4:58pm On Aug 03, 2016
That has been my focal position and without peace there cannot be development anywhere in the world; we are all working collectively to see that issues are resolved.”

believe me u cant hate this man, truly a man of peace... God bless Jonathan, cheesy God bless our hero of democracy wink

200 Likes 12 Shares

Re: "I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan by herzern(m): 4:58pm On Aug 03, 2016
embarassed
Re: "I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan by dunkem21(m): 4:58pm On Aug 03, 2016
Zombies go reject food this night grin

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan by DeLioncourt: 4:59pm On Aug 03, 2016
lmao.

say no to cultism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan by serverconnect(m): 4:59pm On Aug 03, 2016
GEJ OUR HERO OF D MOMENT

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan by omobritiko: 4:59pm On Aug 03, 2016
Uhmn
Re: "I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 03, 2016
cool
Re: "I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan by Trailblazer1(m): 4:59pm On Aug 03, 2016
Buhari is just useless

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan by Lilimax(f): 4:59pm On Aug 03, 2016
God bless them and give them the wisdom to move this country forward embarassed

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan by Wrongturn: 4:59pm On Aug 03, 2016
Like Nichodemus used to visit Jesus Christ. grin grin grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan by TheLastAirBender: 5:00pm On Aug 03, 2016
i fear o, i think say na witchcraft o!
Re: "I Have Been Visiting Buhari In The Night" - Jonathan by MrTour: 5:00pm On Aug 03, 2016
Mtcheww two Wise Fools,

No wonder the dullard thinks like you, make two of you rape each other in the asss in those night meetings sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Kashim Shettima Cries As Kaka Shehu Lawan Steps Down For Zulum / Tinubu Brought Dogara Back To APC, Atiku Is Next – Bamgbose / Obasanjo Goes For Medical Checkup In Bayelsa. See How Much He Paid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.