Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,957 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

What I Don't Like About The NYSC Uniform - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What I Don't Like About The NYSC Uniform (752 Views)

Corper Rocks Her NYSC Uniform In Braless Photoshoot / Deeper Life Corper Turns Her NYSC Uniform Into Skirt In Sokoto (Photos) / Female Corper Shows Cleavage & Underwear While Wearing NYSC Uniform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What I Don't Like About The NYSC Uniform by Teeders(m): 5:45pm On Aug 03, 2016
WHY I DON'T LIKE THE NYSC UNIFORM
It promises more than it can offer
-it gives a sense of security while in reality it's just a stride to vulnerability.
-the observers think you are a damn rich Federal govt PIKIN while you are just waiting for the next alert to clear old debts
-the uniform claims to offer a sense of self fulfillment and completion while in the inside is the yearning for safety and fear of the uknown tommorow
-people picture you to have secured tommorow and only waiting for service to end to start that oil company job and pull new cars, while you haven't gotten any reply from all the places you sent your CV.
Don't get me wrong,
am not trying to be pessimistic or an alarmist,
But while service is just a year, life after service is for decades.
But when the euphoria of CORPER clouds our judgement, sometimes we slip into acting as though service is forever.
Here is what I think:
Look beyond your service year and think about life after service.
-No more allowee
-Stipends and free accomodation
-No more uniform (people would barely know you went to school after service)
-No more excuse when responsibilities show up (all those people who are like "once am done with seervice, I won't call home for money again"wink
ACTION PLAN
If you 've got to learn a skill from an artisan, do it
-If you have companies you are close to, get closer, prepare for interviews
- just embark on any value addition exercise
ONE YEAR DOES NOT LAST FOREVER
Think!!! (From a deep throat) Kabiyesi noni... Abdul Hameed Adetola Abiodun.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

NYSC 2016 Batch B Mobilization Time Table Is Out- See Full List / SAD: First Class Graduate Posted To KANU For NYSC Dies In Camp / Nysc Starter Pack For Corps Members At Promo Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.