Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,198 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

Farm Managers Vacancy(ogun And Oyo State) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Farm Managers Vacancy(ogun And Oyo State) (2894 Views)

Vacancy For Farm Managers / Oyo State Board Of Internal Revenue Massive Job Recruitment 2017 / Free On Farm Vegetable Practical Training For Farm Managers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Farm Managers Vacancy(ogun And Oyo State) by jethro2: 2:16am On Aug 04, 2016
Farm Managers Vacancy(ogun And Oyo State)

Our clients in Ogun and Oyo State require the service of Farm Managers on their farm.

Qualification Requirements:

Must be a fast learner and have high level of commitment to work.

Must have undergone minimum of 3 month intensive agribusiness training at Ago Amodu Farm Settlement

Benefits
Good Salary Package
Accommodation etc.

For more details call 08064688501, 08188540096.
Re: Farm Managers Vacancy(ogun And Oyo State) by jethro2: 12:11pm On Aug 04, 2016
Please read and understand before making the call.

Read the conditions attached thoroughly.

You have to undergo training for minimum of 3 months to get you prepared for the job ahead.

READ TO UNDERSTAND.
Thank you
Re: Farm Managers Vacancy(ogun And Oyo State) by maiworld09(m): 4:12pm On Aug 04, 2016
One must have or one will be trained by the farm? Please answer asap. Thanks
Re: Farm Managers Vacancy(ogun And Oyo State) by fm7070: 6:57pm On Aug 04, 2016
jethro2:
Farm Managers Vacancy(ogun And Oyo State)
Our clients in Ogun and Oyo State require the service of Farm Managers on their farm.
Qualification Requirements:
Must be a fast learner and have high level of commitment to work.
Must have undergone minimum of 3 month intensive agribusiness training at Ago Amodu Farm Settlement
Benefits
Good Salary Package
Accommodation etc.
For more details call 08064688501, 08188540096.

Do i still need training even when I have good experience on farm management? Who is paying for the training?
Re: Farm Managers Vacancy(ogun And Oyo State) by jethro2: 10:46pm On Aug 04, 2016
maiworld09:
One must have or one will be trained by the farm? Please answer asap. Thanks

Some has undergone our training before so we link them up with the Job.

But for those that have not, its a must to participate in the training before for us link them with the job.

Yes we trained you for the job.
Re: Farm Managers Vacancy(ogun And Oyo State) by jethro2: 10:50pm On Aug 04, 2016
fm7070:

Do i still need training even when I have good experience on farm management? Who is paying for the training?

The only way we can confirm your experience is during the training session. You can prove it to us then.

We are practical farmers
Re: Farm Managers Vacancy(ogun And Oyo State) by jethro2: 7:02am On Aug 06, 2016
About The Farm Manager Training And Vacancy

1. Will you pay for the training?

"I think you should be the one paying us for providing you an avenue to be gainfully employed"

2. Must I stay on the farm for 3 months?

" The period is for us to put you through what and what is expected of you to manage a vegetable farm successfully.

3. Is the Farm Manager Job guarantee after the training?

" Yes.
But you have to prove to us that you are the right person for the job.

4. I am a graduate of crop production, animal science etc.

"But we both know how the Nigerian Education System works. Its all theory and no practical.
Real life is quite different from class work.

5. But I have experience.....

"The more reason you should prove to us your capability. The training period will give you maximum opportunity to do that.

6. Will you feed us?

"No. We will not.
You are to take care of your feeding.

7. How much is the tuition fee?

" The tuition is free.

8. What about accomodation.?

" We made arrangement for accommodation at the rate of N15,000 for the 3 month duration.

9. Apart from the accomodation fee which other financial expenses is involved?

"None other than for you to take care of yourself. You also need to transport yourself to and fro from the farm.

10. What should I budget for the transport.

" N50 from and to farm.

11 How many days in a week do we go to farm

" Monday-Friday is full day.
Saturday is half day
No farm on Sunday.

12. What will my feeding budget look like?

" A moinmoin wrap is N10 likewise an Akpu or fufu wrap. Not sure you can finish 10 wrap.

13. Is there network in the farm?

"Yes.
All the networks are present.

14. Must I stay for 3 months?

"Yes.
If you would be needing our recommendation

15. Is it compulsory I work for your clients after the training?

" No. You might choose to work for yourself.

16. Do you give loans?

No. We don't have the capacity for loan and lending yet.

Please feel free to send us any other concern you might have
Re: Farm Managers Vacancy(ogun And Oyo State) by jethro2: 4:22pm On Aug 13, 2016
Vacancy ! Vacancy!! Vacancy!!!

Farm Manager Vacancy are existing at the following location:

1. Ogun State
2. Oyo State
3. Lagos State

Salary Package: Very attractive
On farm accommodation inclusive

Requirements:

1. Candidate must be able to read and write

2.. Successful completion of 3 month intensive agribusiness training from Ago Amodu farm settlement.

3. Passion and dedication to work are utmost priorities.

Contact.
Adesola Yinka
Re: Farm Managers Vacancy(ogun And Oyo State) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 13, 2016
15k for just three months training accommodation in Ago Amodu. Ago Amodu headquarters of Saki East local Government so funny. That is a Year accommodation fee nw. U av already collected money for training den.
Re: Farm Managers Vacancy(ogun And Oyo State) by jethro2: 7:32pm On Aug 13, 2016
topeayan:
15k for just three months training accommodation in Ago Amodu. Ago Amodu headquarters of Saki East local Government so funny. That is a Year accommodation fee nw. U av already collected money for training den.

hmnnnnn.
Just 3 month you say??
We will appreciate if you can get the accommodation for us.
Re: Farm Managers Vacancy(ogun And Oyo State) by jethro2: 7:44pm On Aug 13, 2016
topeayan:

Starting from January 2017, our fees will be further increased.
It will no more be N15,000.
Re: Farm Managers Vacancy(ogun And Oyo State) by MadCow1: 2:59pm On Sep 21, 2016
Dude..

I have spent the last few weeks researching alot on mixed farming as I am in the process of setting up my farm which I intend to delve into full time from Next year..

Some quick Questions;

I want to run a professional farm from the onset.. Meaning no halfassed measures. Everything will be planned and accounted for and whatever I have not covered would be added as we go along and fine tuned to get a well oiled machine going from the onset.

SO my questions go as follows;

1. Hydroponics... Is it worth delving into as a new farmer or do I need to give it some time before venturing into it. Also, what would it cost to set up a Hydroponics greenhouse measuring the size of a 50 by 100 (Each).

2. Greenhouse: How much would it cost to set up a greenhouse of the above dimension and what material is best for sturdiness and climate control reasons.

3. From your experience, how profiatble is it to go into tomatoes farming (hydroponics method) baring in mind that the Northerners seem to have a steady and endless supply of the commodity and keep flooding our markets with em.

4. Apart from Tomatoes, what other crop would you recommend...

1 Like

Re: Farm Managers Vacancy(ogun And Oyo State) by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 21, 2016
MadCow1:
Dude..

I have spent the last few weeks researching alot on mixed farming as I am in the process of setting up my farm which I intend to delve into full time from Next year..

Some quick Questions;

I want to run a professional farm from the onset.. Meaning no halfassed measures. Everything will be planned and accounted for and whatever I have not covered would be added as we go along and fine tuned to get a well oiled machine going from the onset.

1. Hydroponics... Is it worth delving into as a new farmer or do I need to give it some time before venturing into it. Also, what would it cost to set up a Hydroponics greenhouse measuring the size of a 50 by 100 (Each).

2. Greenhouse: How much would it cost to set up a greenhouse of the above dimension and what material is best for sturdiness and climate control reasons.

3. From your experience, how profiatble is it to go into tomatoes farming (hydroponics method) baring in mind that the Northerners seem to have a steady and endless supply of the commodity and keep flooding our markets with em.

You may need cctv as a control /audit tool. A friend had his workers stealing his produce
Re: Farm Managers Vacancy(ogun And Oyo State) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 21, 2016
MadCow1:
Dude..

Some quick Questions;

You may need cctv as a control /audit tool. A friend had his workers stealing his produce [sup][/sup][s][/s]
Re: Farm Managers Vacancy(ogun And Oyo State) by MadCow1: 6:46pm On Sep 21, 2016
oyb:

You may need cctv as a control /audit tool. A friend had his workers stealing his produce [sup][/sup][s][/s]

In the greenhouses that's for sure.. but I doubt I can fully cover over 6 hectares of farmland with cctv
Re: Farm Managers Vacancy(ogun And Oyo State) by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 21, 2016
will there be certificate at the end of training
Re: Farm Managers Vacancy(ogun And Oyo State) by jethro2: 9:26pm On Sep 21, 2016
Trayoralas:
will there be certificate at the end of training

Sure you have some certificates before now?
They must have been fetching you millions?
Just curious
Re: Farm Managers Vacancy(ogun And Oyo State) by issylarry(m): 8:20am On Sep 22, 2016
jethro2:

Sure you have some certificates before now? They must have been fetching you millions? Just curious
Best reply Eva,soo epic
Re: Farm Managers Vacancy(ogun And Oyo State) by jethro2: 8:49am On Oct 02, 2016
Our next on farm training for farm managers vacancy will be commencing on the 9th of January.
What we offer:
* Intensive practical training on fruits and vegetables.
* Organic production of insecticide and fertilizer.
* Market link for fruits and vegetables
* Export link for vegetables
* Growing dairy grass for fodders
* Job placement for successful participants
* Fund support to start vegetable farm
* Access to free and cheap farmland.
* Join the network of Chilli Exporters.
Training duration is mandatory 3 month.
Monday - Friday.
Participation fee is N25,000 for the duration
Accommodation will be provided
Participants feed themselves and transport themselves to farm at N100 per day.
Registration is on.
Limited Space available
Its first come first serve.
Re: Farm Managers Vacancy(ogun And Oyo State) by jethro2: 6:38am On Oct 19, 2016
The African Bird Eye Chilli ABEC Export Network.

African Bird Eye Chilli (ABEC) is a hot spicy pepper that originates from Africa.
Billion of dollars are exchange in trade from Europe, Germany etc with some other African countries like Kenya and Ghana for ABEC.

50% of FCMG in Nigeria make use of chilli pepper spices which they imports from Thailand and co.

The price of a tonne of grounded ABEC fluctuates from $6,000 and above.

A plant of chilli pepper under good agricultural practised gives minimum of 2 kilo of fresh pepper which is equivalent to 1 kilo of dried pepper.

Our group will be working with 250 farmers that will be growing a quarter acre each of the chilli pepper.

The opportunity is open to intending farmers, unemployed youth, practising farmers etc. The farms can be anywhere.

Traceability will be put in place with everyone having their code to supply.

Every participants has to undergo a compulsory one month on farm training to be put through the required agricultural practises and drying methods to prevent aflatoxin.

We will give sample seed free for participant to grow after which we will be buying others

To participate
Call 08188540086
Or send mail to
adesola_yinka@yahoo.com
Re: Farm Managers Vacancy(ogun And Oyo State) by jethro2: 11:49pm On Nov 07, 2016
Farm managers vacancy
Re: Farm Managers Vacancy(ogun And Oyo State) by Ademat7(m): 4:53am On Nov 08, 2016
jethro2:
Farm managers vacancy
Can u please explain better
Re: Farm Managers Vacancy(ogun And Oyo State) by jethro2: 11:30am On Dec 06, 2016
Growing Maxim Tomato Variety..

The first time I heard of this variety was through a colleagues that we were doing a project together.

" There is a new tomato var heard about. I learnt the breed is good. It has high yield He said"

The high yield got my attention
Had someone tested it before? I asked.

People has testified to it.
Then he opened the catalogue for me to read.
The first catchy thing there was its resistance to the almighty 'Bacteria Wilt'

An experience tomato farmers will understand what that means.

Bacterial wilt is a highly communicable diseases in tomatoes. It can destroy farm within the twinkle of an eye.

Its a soil borne disease that withered the plants at the points of fruiting.

The second point is the yield per acre under good Good Agricultural Practises. GAP.

The yield is 70 tonnes per acre.
Let me simplify the tonnes.
1000 kilo equals 1 tonne.

Which make 70 tonnes to be 70,000 kilo.

And so you think?

An Hausa basket is 50-70 kilo.
Sure we all know the Hausa basket.

That gives us 1000 basket per acre.

What!!!!!!!
Now I am getting your attention
A basket at last year peak was as high as N30,000.Then figure it.

" How is that even possible"?
Those are just crazy figures....
She is just advertising......

Reading your thoughts..........

Yes. Its possible if one follows the guide lines.
There is something we call Good Agricultural Practise GAP.
It sure entails all involves from seed handling through nursery to management, post harvesting and storage practises.

That's part of what we offer at the training.

70,000 tonnes.........
Per acre?

That's absurd.
Ridiculous.

" The same way I thought too

My colleagues that told me about it bought an acre requirement and give to me to test.
A sachet of 10g then was sold for N5,000

Those that have been following our page definitely know by now how many grams is needed for an acre.

Then I have some arrangement with my village farmers. So I gave to seed to my right hand man to plant on his farm.

3 months later, his farm become the tourist centre for some other farmers who want to see that big tomato.

Another one, Maxim was planted in September and transplanted the same month, rain stop falling by October.

We started harvesting by December and we harvested the last batch in February of the next year.

Still with me?

We experiment by harvesting some tomatoes and keep at home to see how long it will last before it get bad.

It stay more than 3 weeks.
No refrigeration.

So what quantity do you make from an acre?
It never occur to us to measure or calculate then.

So you ask how much do you make from the produce?

Our production was off season.

There is surplus in the market
So the price was poor.
Very poor

N2,000 per same basket
Transportation cost inclusive.
Harvesting cost
Basket cost
Police cost
Loading cost

That's where batch production and knowing peak and off season comes into farming.

We never follow the GAP
No staking
No fertilizer application
Spraying was irregular
No watering after the rain stop
Etc

We have tried out several varieties after because we feel its expensive by then.

But I know better now.
That was last year experience.

Another peak period for tomato is approaching.

* For more class
Join us next time to discuss the target market for different crops.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me To Confirm.... / Promasidor (COWBELL MILK) Grad. & Experienced Positions(Min. HND/Bsc Lower Cred) / NNPC Recruits 1050 Graduate Trainees In 2020 Recruitment Exercise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.