Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

Nigerians And The Belief In Using 'Juju' To Sing - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerians And The Belief In Using 'Juju' To Sing (657 Views)

Carl Adebare Adekola Becomes The First Nigerian To Sing At The Royal Wedding / Audio & Video: Frank Edwards Ft. Chee – ‘here To Sing’ / How To Sing High Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians And The Belief In Using 'Juju' To Sing by Rapmoney(m): 11:14am On Aug 04, 2016
Countless times, over and over again, I have heard many people talking about artistes that use juju to sell their music. Now, there are some vital questions I will like to ask if it's really true because it seems whoever that's doing well in music in Nigeria is using juju to many:

1) Why is it that people who accuse most of these artistes of using juju to excel in music still dance excitedly to their songs? This means the so-called 'juju' is working on you!!! Later, you will tell us that you are a Christian and juju doesn't work on you!

2) Does it mean talent and hardwork no longer pay? If everyone who succeeds in music or entertainment uses juju, then all natural and religious principles on hardwork and talent are useless!

3) How come people don't accuse the producers of using juju but the artistes only, when it is very clear that most of us pay attention to beats alone and not lyrics? The producers must also be juju people cool

For me, I feel many of us attribute the successes of most of these artistes on juju because we are just too lazy to embrace hardwork and recognize talents. We base everything on spiritual influences beyond human control. It's either Illuminati this or Otomokpor that!!! What a crap! Who good dor good; who no good, e no good! Let no one tell me that one juju that is prepared in a small shrine somewhere would start working on millions of Nigerians; just like that?
Re: Nigerians And The Belief In Using 'Juju' To Sing by Jackanda1(m): 9:05pm On Jun 11, 2022
Rapmoney, do not try to explain spiritual things from a natural view point.

The spirits the star musicians consult are centuries old and know alot about music than we do.

They don't need to hypnotize Nigerians to listen. What happens is that they inspire the musician to create and write goods song, influence the producer and the entire production in order to make the musician successful as bargained.

Of course there is a price you have to pay to stay relevant otherwise you go back to becoming an up coming artiste. Iyanya, koredo bello?

This is a top secret in the industry, the music executives are in on it, they are mostly the ones who encourage the musicians to soil their hands.

(1) (Reply)

AUDIO: TAG Ft Mo'jeezy - Pangolo (repeat) Prod By Kezyklef / Jesse Jagz Chocolate, Please I Need A Link To It / Music: Masterkraft Ft. Tekno & Flavour – Far Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.