Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,900 members, 7,802,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Help Me Choose - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Help Me Choose (1304 Views)

Gaming Laptop Vs Desktop – Which Should I Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Choose by Naijji: 11:17am On Aug 04, 2016
I'm in the market for a new console, and I'm a bit confused at the moment. Not sure which to choose btw the PS3 and PS4.

Obviously, the PS3 is much cheaper, and has much more games available. But it's a bit old, and I intend to use my new console for a number of years.

I can just about squeeze out enough money for the PS4 but after that, what next? The prices I'm seeing for PS4 games cry cry

So, basically, I guess what I'm wondering is whether the gap btw both consoles is huge enough to justify the cost (not really the cost of the consoles per se, but cost of the games. PS3 games are really affordable right now).

Make una help oh. I'm leaning towards the PS3, but I have this little voice telling me I might come to regret in 1 or 2 years.

Also, should I even consider the Xbox One? Saw one at a pretty tempting price.

Abeg, all opinions are welcome
Re: Help Me Choose by hakinze00(m): 11:55am On Aug 04, 2016
Naijji:
I'm in the market for a new console, and I'm a bit confused at the moment. Not sure which to choose btw the PS3 and PS4.

Obviously, the PS3 is much cheaper, and has much more games available. But it's a bit old, and I intend to use my new console for a number of years.

I can just about squeeze out enough money for the PS4 but after that, what next? The prices I'm seeing for PS4 games cry cry

So, basically, I guess what I'm wondering is whether the gap btw both consoles is huge enough to justify the cost (not really the cost of the consoles per se, but cost of the games. PS3 games are really affordable right now).

Make una help oh. I'm leaning towards the PS3, but I have this little voice telling me I might come to regret in 1 or 2 years.

Lol,dnt even reason about xbox one because ps4 games can be easily be swap but xbox one,u shud be ready to buy it almost everytym and abt d choice btw ps4 nd ps3,well I advice u go for ps4 because apart 4m soccer coming to ps3 no new AAA games are coming to d old console nd abt d price,u can swap nd since u will be a new comer,u can start 4m d fundamental games wich are not costly as d new games done now so b4 u re tru wit d old games by den d new games wud ve bin getting affordable for u nd also installing game into d ps4 storage is also an option

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Choose by Danielomisco(m): 12:28pm On Aug 04, 2016
Think twice not!get ur ps4 immediately u wunt regret especially cos u intend using it for years,u can't stay on ps3 cos it's cheap while people ar goin on the new stuff

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose by Stancity(m): 12:32pm On Aug 04, 2016
Ps4 is the real deal bro... If you are buoyant enough go for it... As you cant compare iPhone 6 to iPhone 5, that's exactly how you cant compare Ps4 to Ps3 cus the difference is very much obvious... If you are patient enough, you can as well wait till sept/Oct when Sony will release the latest Ps4 slim and Ps4 Neo that supports 4k for better graphics and awesome game experience... As for Xbox, i dont wanna talk about it..

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose by Naijji: 1:28pm On Aug 04, 2016
hakinze00:
Lol,dnt even reason about xbox one because ps4 games can be easily be swap but xbox one,u shud be ready to buy it almost everytym and abt d choice btw ps4 nd ps3,well I advice u go for ps4 because apart 4m soccer coming to ps3 no new AAA games are coming to d old console nd abt d price,u can swap nd since u will be a new comer,u can start 4m d fundamental games wich are not costly as d new games done now so b4 u re tru wit d old games by den d new games wud ve bin getting affordable for u nd also installing game into d ps4 storage is also an option

Hmmm. Sure about the bolded? That'll be a deal breaker oh
Re: Help Me Choose by Naijji: 1:32pm On Aug 04, 2016
Danielomisco:
Think twice not!get ur ps4 immediately u wunt regret especially cos u intend using it for years,u can't stay on ps3 cos it's cheap while people ar goin on the new stuff

Obviously, PS4 is better. But wetin I dey think na money for games. The gap btw the price of PS3 and PS4 games is very very wide. Just wondering if the gap in quality is just as wide.
Re: Help Me Choose by Naijji: 1:33pm On Aug 04, 2016
Stancity:
Ps4 is the real deal bro... If you are buoyant enough go for it... As you cant compare iPhone 6 to iPhone 5, that's exactly how you cant compare Ps4 to Ps3 cus the difference is very much obvious... If you are patient enough, you can as well wait till sept/Oct when Sony will release the latest Ps4 slim and Ps4 Neo that supports 4k for better graphics and awesome game experience... As for Xbox, i dont wanna talk about it..

What's up with the Xbox? E be like say many ppl hate the game
Re: Help Me Choose by hakinze00(m): 1:35pm On Aug 04, 2016
Naijji:

Hmmm. Sure about the bolded? That'll be a deal breaker oh
yup even due to shows and interviews sony gives now dey dnt give reference to ps3 at all and if it is about d games sony are bringing most of d interesting games of ps3 to ps4 thru remasters nd reboot so u won't be missing much.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose by Stancity(m): 1:44pm On Aug 04, 2016
Naijji:

What's up with the Xbox? E be like say many ppl hate the game
Personally i wont go to market to buy an iPhone product even it sold at 1kobo that's exactly how i wont go to market to buy an Xbox console... Sony record more sales and they have more games too...In fact just get yourself a ps4 when you are ready cool cool

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose by Stancity(m): 1:46pm On Aug 04, 2016
hakinze00:
yup even due to shows and interviews sony gives now dey dnt give reference to ps3 at all and if it is about d games sony are bringing most of d interesting games of ps3 to ps4 thru remasters nd reboot so u won't be missing much.
You are right bro... Last of Us Remastered is one of em.. wink
Re: Help Me Choose by hakinze00(m): 2:00pm On Aug 04, 2016
Stancity:
You are right bro... Last of Us Remastered is one of em.. wink
I dey tell u,not just dat uncharted,bioshock,gow3,cod modern warfare nd ko

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose by Stancity(m): 2:11pm On Aug 04, 2016
hakinze00:
I dey tell u,not just dat uncharted,bioshock,gow3,cod modern warfare nd ko
Well as Microsoft has introduced XBOX S, hope Sony wont hesitate to introduce the 4k enabled PS4s and PS4 Neo by SEPT/OCT later this year... 4k is dope.. Imagine Sony 4k Tv + PS4 Neo [4k console] cool cool cool cool
Re: Help Me Choose by hakinze00(m): 2:16pm On Aug 04, 2016
Stancity:
Well as Microsoft has introduced XBOX S, hope Sony wont hesitate to introduce the 4k enabled PS4s and PS4 Neo by SEPT/OCT later this year... 4k is dope.. Imagine Sony 4k Tv + PS4 Neo [4k console] cool cool cool cool
meh I can't just imagine! cheesy but even d 4k tv prices re not smiling gan sf
Re: Help Me Choose by Stancity(m): 3:33pm On Aug 04, 2016
hakinze00:
meh I can't just imagine! cheesy but even d 4k tv prices re not smiling gan sf
Then go for a fairly used....Sony bravia isn't bad...
Re: Help Me Choose by Naijji: 7:22pm On Aug 04, 2016
Ok oh. Be like say na PS4 win
Re: Help Me Choose by mattmogan88: 10:35am On Aug 05, 2016
abeg make una make way make I pass jey jey
Re: Help Me Choose by lizmovic(m): 11:20am On Aug 05, 2016
Naijji:

i got a ps3 console two weeks ago after the last one bleeped up. 500g for 84k. Ps4 was 135k.
Re: Help Me Choose by Naijji: 5:49pm On Aug 05, 2016
lizmovic:
i got a ps3 console two weeks ago after the last one bleeped up. 500g for 84k. Ps4 was 135k.

Hmmm. PS3 is still that expensive?
Re: Help Me Choose by lizmovic(m): 8:22am On Aug 06, 2016
Naijji:

Hmmm. PS3 is still that expensive?
i was suprised too ooo. 12gb was 75k
Re: Help Me Choose by JIGGERNAPPY(m): 10:04am On Aug 06, 2016
lizmovic:
i was suprised too ooo. 12gb was 75k
I'm in ph, how can i jail break my ps3, does it have any disadvantage and how much will it cost, thanks for ur ans

(1) (Reply)

2017 In Tech – 5 Tech Trends & Gadgets To Expect / Get The New PES 18 For Pc In Kano / First Nigerian Realtime Multiplayer Game I've Played

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.