Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,487 members, 7,770,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:03 AM

Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) (195390 Views)

Journal Of A Bank Worker By Cj / The Diary Of A Jobless Worker / The Ghost-worker Aristol, A Short Prose By- Promise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 11:52am On Aug 04, 2016
Ask for permission before you copy.

Property of Gaglo Blessing

Email : blessinggaglo@yahoo.com

Based on a true life story

Prologue

We were told Lagos is a land of many opportunities, just a sum of three thousand naira is all that was required to take us to that land flowing of milk and honey. My mother sold off her goat and gave Madam B the money. A week later, about seven of us got to Lagos, she (Madam B) told us she had a canteen which we would work and also earn some good amount of money. On getting to Lagos, we found out to our detriment that Madam B had no restaurant or even a shop.

A week later, she gave us each a packet of condom and drove us down to Allen Avenue, she said this is the quickest way to make it in Lagos. Earlier that day she had explained it to us but the horror of it only dawned on us when we stood there in our bum shorts and crop tops which she had purchased for us at Yaba. There were many almost unclad ladies standing by the roadside, some were very gorgeous while others were pretty all the same. Madam said we mustn’t go far with any client since we were new in the city. She gave us list of the places we could go with a client and we were to find our way back to Allen Avenue before 6am. She drove off with a promise to come fetch us at 6 am.

The other ladies were hostile towards us, we stood afar not knowing what to do or where else to go. Suddenly a car stopped in front of us and we all moved back in fright, the man, an old man pointed a finger at Ene and she walked to him. He offered her fifty thousand if she would go with him but the location he called was not in the list given to us. Ene walked back to us and said she would go with him, with the money she said she would go back to the village. The money was just too much and something wasn’t right about the old man’s offer, we pleaded with her not to go but our pleas fell on deaf ears.

Till this day Ene has not been found. Not long after Ene left with the old man we saw the other ladies running helter skelter shouting “ Eke! Eke! Eke don land o! “We stood wondering what was going on until we saw a police van coming down the street towards us at top speed, they were almost upon us before it registered in our minds that they may be the cause of the ruckus and we took to our heels.

To be Continued……………………

Please follow us at http://xpreshuntv..com.ng for more juicy and entertaining stories.

18 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by gabazin080(m): 8:24pm On Aug 04, 2016
following you bumper to bumper.
num 1 female story writer on nairaland

7 Likes

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 12:07pm On Aug 05, 2016
We made the mistake of running in the same direction,before we could say jack, all six of us with two of the old timers was mauled into the van. We began to cry and beg except for the two old timers in the business. Suddenly the van halted to a stop on a poorly lit street opposite an uncompleted building.One of the police men came out of the van and shouted” Oya make una come down! Ashewo like una! Una toto no dey tire?” the old timers replied him rudely” oga wetin be all this one nau, why una no talk say na puna una wan chop” she pulled down her transparent leggings revealing her big bottom. The Officer gave his rubber band tied gun to his colleague and pulled down his trouser. The old timer held the van and raised her bottom up to him.He gave her several slaps on her bare bottom while she yelped in pain. “Why you no give me polybag to wear! You want kill me with disease abi?” his colleagues bursts into fits of loud laughter. The old timer brought out a condom from her bra which she handed to him cursing and hissing. He sheathed himself quickly and banged her loudly while she held onto the van as if her life depended on it.

Another officer, came down and grabbed hold of my hand roughly pulling me out of the van. I resisted at first and he gave me a stinging slap accross the face and my lips bruised. He said to his colleagues “this one na j j c o, she no know as e dey go o” he made to slap me again and i cowered before him. I quickly removed my bum short to avoid more slaps, i also held onto the van just like the old timer did and he rammed his iron rod into my anus and I screamed in pain, i felt my temple throbbing painfully. The two old timer laughed jeering at me and calling me names. I could hear my friends whimpering and crying. How could those who are meant to preserve the law treat me like this? He pulled out of me and gave me a fierce kick with his leg and i collapsed on the floor, he screamed at me “Pig! Dirty girl! You no dey baff? See the whole shit wey you use stain me” he dragged me up and forced his poo and blood coated rod into my mouth. I bit hard on it and he screamed in pain,his friends laughed at him and this got him more angry. He kicked me several times into the dirt, i thought i was dead already until one of the old timer shouted “oga leave am nau, e don do” he marched back into the van haughtily.

They drove off when they were done taking us like animals, my friends helped me and the old timers lend a hand too blaming me for proving stubborn and provoking the officer unnecessarily.They took me to a malllam’s kiosk and drenched my head with cold pure water. They bought some pain killers and i forced it down with the water. The old timers went back to their duty post loudly calling out to the others that they were lucky the police men didn’t take their money from them. MY friends helped me to an empty shop and we all huddled in a corner of the shop berating our bad luck in life. Is this how Lagos is? Is this the land flowing with milk and honey? I wished i had married Mazi Okoro, he had two wives with eight children but he was also a titled man. We walked back to the spot Madame said she would pick us up and waited for her. She arrived some minutes to six and we got into her car. “How much una make?”

We all kept quiet and a new fear sneaked up our spine. “Una deaf abi?” She screamed. Chika my best friend whom i had forced to come with me on this perilous journey to the so called land flowing with milk and honey answered her in a timid voice” Auntie police catch us, dey kom rape us and beat Ebere join''. She looked back and all we heard was “Twahh! She had given Chika a resounding slap. “Una papa dey craze! Una wan play smart abi! Shey the yeye three thousand naira wey i bin collect to take bring Una come here nah hin cover all the food and clothes wey dey una back! Oya oya my money fast fast!. She scanned our faces and her jaw suddenly slacked and dropped like a dog salivating over a bone “Where the other girl! Where the other girl! Una suppose be seven!” in our predicament we had forgotten about Ene, “Auntie She follow one man go” i managed to say my head pounding.She drove down to her house like she had an emergency, she asked us to go into the room we all slept in and came back with a black belt. She locked the door behind her and lashed us all while we screamed and cried begging for mercy. Auntie please mercy for us oo we all cried but mercy is a word this vile woman had long since crossed out of her dictionary.

To be continued……………..

cc

Anugod
jodeer
emerged01
mhiz

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 05, 2016
In wande coals voice "I'm following you bumpa to fender"

Ride on Sis!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 05, 2016
I should follow this one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by johnwizey: 2:11pm On Aug 05, 2016
Na we dey here undecided undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 05, 2016
This one is graphic o cry

7 Likes

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by JeffreyJamez(m): 3:06pm On Aug 05, 2016
Based on a true story?

Wow!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by teeghurl(f): 3:16pm On Aug 05, 2016
Nice one

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 6:42pm On Aug 05, 2016
JeffreyJamez:
Based on a true story?

Wow!

Yes bro. My former house wasn't far from there. I went there one evening and got gists from den.

2 Likes

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 6:43pm On Aug 05, 2016
Frozeen food Don ready
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 6:47pm On Aug 05, 2016
skarlett:
This one is graphic o cry

Yes sis. cry

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:51pm On Aug 05, 2016
bibijay123:

Yes bro. My former house wasn't far from there. I went there one evening and got gists from den.

Please continue biko cry

2 Likes

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 7:44pm On Aug 05, 2016
Chapter one

Ifeoma

I glanced at the big wall clock in my class room. The time was 3.30pm, i sighed deeply as the bell that signifies the end of another school day rang. My class mates jumped up happily, i stood up and propped my back against my desk, my arms folded in front of my chest. I watched my class mates trouping out of the class eager to go home. Someone tapped me on my shoulder and i looked back.

" How far babe, make we waka nau" my beautiful class mate and best friend said.

" Juliet you and pidgin English ehn."

She laughed. " Ify let's go home".

I looked away. How do i tell her i was relunctant to go home because i was scared of my mother_my own mom! " Jules you may go"

She sat down staring into my eyes. I hate when Juliet does this her thing of looking into my eyes, it was like she could see into my mind and see all my hidden fears and scars.

" We are best friends Ify, when will you learn to trust me and confide in me."

" I can't talk about it just yet please." My voice shook with emotion.

" Is it about home? what is going on at home? Your parents are getting a divorce?"

How i wish it was that easy." Let's go home".

I opened the door to our four bedroom flat and entered the cool air conditioned large sitting room. Pictures of my parents, my younger brother and i was hung on the wall. I stared at the one of my dad and i. We were sitting in a park laughing into the camera. That picture was taken last summer.

" Madame welcome"

I whirled around in fright. " Good afternoon mom".

" What says the time?" She screamed. " Where are you coming from? "

" Mom i walked home with Juliet, we_"
She gave me a slap and i shriek in pain. She followed it with slaps after slaps until i lost count.

" You will not kill me! I swear i will kill you before you kill me!" She dragged me on the floor onto the settee and spread my legs apart. She took hold of my panties and rendered the silky material into two.

" Who gave you this fine pant!" She slapped me over and over while i tried to block it with both of my hands. " You have started having sex abi!" She sat on me raining blows on me.

" Mom please! Please! ask Juliet! We...we walked home together and she gave me the set of panties for my birthday"

She forced my legs apart again, exposing my young puvssy to the cool air. I yelped in pain as she forced her middle finger into me." You are no longer tight! You have been fooling around with dirty boys " she said slapping my face.

" Mom leave her alone" my baby brother Toby who was only seven years old said. I wondered if he had seen the whole thing, i wondered if Toby had witnessed my humiliation. My mother got up and faced him. " Sweet pie please go back into your room".

" I hate you! I hate you mommy" Toby said running out of the sitting room.

" You! stand up! You are going to shop for some groceries ".

She went into Toby' s room to placate him. I got up and picked my tattered panties, my insides hurt. Why does mom hate me so much? if i hadn't seen her ( mine) pregnancy shower photos i would have been convinced that i was adopted. Fresh tears assailed me as i got up tentatively. My chest heaved as the sobs racked my body.

TBC

20 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Sleekyshuga(f): 8:08pm On Aug 05, 2016
I just pressed the follow button

Well done, bibijay123.. Keep it coming smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Missmossy(f): 8:16pm On Aug 05, 2016
Bibi so you started a new story and didn't tell me. Welldone oo.
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 8:22pm On Aug 05, 2016
Sleekyshuga:
I just pressed the follow button

Well done, bibijay123.. Keep it coming smiley

Thanks babe kiss
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 8:27pm On Aug 05, 2016
Missmossy:
Bibi so you started a new story and didn't tell me. Welldone oo.

Aww so sorry sis! I was gonna mention everybody tomorrow. Pls take kiss kiss
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 9:31pm On Aug 05, 2016
Thesociopath
emerged01
Jagugu88li
Jacy67
Missmossy
Peachyp
Iykekelvins
bdchange
nijabazaar
Gracious10

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Missmossy(f): 9:45pm On Aug 05, 2016
bibijay123:

Aww so sorry sis! I was gonna mention everybody tomorrow. Pls take kiss kiss
It's okay dear, kiss has been received cheesy you are forgiven.

3 Likes

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Frozeen(m): 9:56pm On Aug 05, 2016
bibijay123:
Frozeen food Don ready
Thanks for the callcheesy

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by iykekelvins(m): 9:57pm On Aug 05, 2016
Mhen, this story looks like a hit.
Following back-2-back. So you once stayed around yaba, me too.
Sweetieconstie, coman read grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 11:03pm On Aug 05, 2016
* Continues*
Ifeoma

I walked into the dinning area in my school uniform. My Dad was seated nursing a mug of steamy coffee. I pulled out a chair and sat down after exchanging greetings with him.

" My God! What happened to your face?" Dad asked looking up for the first time that morning. Due to the tedious nature of his job he comes home late after we would have gone to bed.

" Answer me Ify! What happened?"

" I fell sir.....in the bathroom. Where's mom?" I didn't want my parents to fight over me again. After each of those fights i was the one who ends up taking the brunt of it.

" She took Toby to school. Ify you are almost sixteen years old so you have to be more cautious. Imagine a big girl like you falling in the bathroom and bruising your face so nastily!"

" OK dad. " i sighed in relieve." Dad my allowance".

" Your mother did not give you? i gave her five thousand naira which is your allowance for the week." He brought out his wallet and gave me a thousand naira" i don't understand that woman anymore."

How could mom be so cruel to me? she had refused to give me even transport fare when i asked her for my allowance. I kissed my dad on the cheek and hurried out before mom comes back and seize the thousand naira from me.

Ebere

I had been standing for hours but no one stopped in front of me. This night madam gave us a mini skirt and spaghetti top. The night was chilled and i shivered. Terry g' s totori was blasting from pekas which was few feets away from where i stood. The old timers were still hostile towards us because we were young and fresh. They were afraid we would snatch away their customers. This wasn't the life i wanted but since life has thrown me on this path and i am in an unknown land without no where to go what could i do?

My friends Monica, Chika, Nonye, Chinwe and Ngo also stood few feets away from where i stood. Monica is the most beautiful of us all so it was little wonder that two men had already had a short time with her. I shivered again as i remembered how Madam had beaten us viciously the previous day, my body still bore the scars.

" Ebere i Don tire ooo, na since we dey stand nobody even stop carry us!" Chika wailed.

" No worry, God go do am"

" Abi make we pray?"

I nodded and held her hand. " God please pity us, have mercy us. Please bring customer for us too".

" Amen" She said." Ebere make i no lie, i no like this work. No be wetin madam tell us before carry us come o."

" Chi girl, God go remove us. He go help us. Make we sabi our way, then we go go back" . she walked back to her post.

" Yarinya! Come! "

I walked to the Hausa man on a bike. He looked like something from a horror movie, his face was badly scared and his teeth or what was left of the broken, scattered teeth was rotten and he reeked of garlic and booze.

" short time N500" he said.

My face burned with anger. Imagine the pig! but I kept my cool and smiled. " Na N1500"

He laughed spewing spittle on my face. " Kai Yarinya you too cost! Walahi na N500 me dey do am". He grabbed my b00bs giving it a quick squeeze" Yo wa! e stand! Me go give you N550"

I walked back to my post seething but suddenly Madam B' s face flashed before my eyes and i found myself walking back to him. He motioned me to get on the bike and i did. He drove down to Awoshika and stopped in front of a closed shop. We both went to the dark part of the closed shop and i lifted up my tiny skirt. Lord please forgive. I charged him an extra fifty naira for the condom we were about to use. He held my waist and forced his long deek into me with a thrust. Tears streamed down my face as he went in and out of me furiously. I walked back to Pekas with a gait in my steps. I bought pure water and walked down the lonely dark street.I stopped short when i heard shouts and wails. Is the police around again? a part of me wanted to take cover but i had to find out if my friends were alright.

I saw crowds gathered at the spot my friends and i were relegated to.

" Wetin happen? " I asked an old lady who had almost bleached her soul away. She was the oldest hustler at Allen, i heard she trained all her children in the university but when they became successful they chased her way afraid her past would come hunt them. And to the streets she returned.

" Some cultist were fighting, they used one of the girls to shield them self as they ran to their car. No way the poor girl can survive those bottle stabs".

My heart beat accelerated and i forced my way through the crowd. God are you seeing these? why are you letting these things happen? Chika lay in a pool of her own blood several large shards of bottle was embedded into her stomach and upper arms.The other girls were sobbing. I got on my knees and lifted her head up.

" Water" she whispered.

" Make nobody give her water ooo" the crowd shouted. " She go just die at once! "

If they cared so much why did they stand watching her bleed to death. I tore the pure water in my hand with my teeth and poured the water down her throat. Some dribbled out of her mouth.

" Thank........you" her neck dropped to the back and the crowd began to wail at the top of their voices. I shook her and placed my ear on her chest but her heart beat was gone. Chika my childhood friend, my confidant, my sister. I called onto God to save my friend. I think God was asleep that night.

Tbc

21 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 11:05pm On Aug 05, 2016
iykekelvins:

Sweetieconstie, coman read grin

Opebi bro.
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 11:06pm On Aug 05, 2016
Sexfabregas bro no vex oooo i bin plan to holla u n d rest tomoro kiss
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by SweetieConstie(f): 11:30pm On Aug 05, 2016
iykekelvins:

Sweetie-Constie, coman read grin

Thanks! grin

Nice Story, Bibijay123... kiss

Following keenly...smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Nobody: 1:49am On Aug 06, 2016
Wow! Life sad
Bibijay123, can I have the complete story exclusively? tongue

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Anugod(f): 5:51am On Aug 06, 2016
Just got your mention, lemme quickly start to read...
*wears reading glasses* cool

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 06, 2016
bibijay123:
Sexfabregas bro no vex oooo i bin plan to holla u n d rest tomoro kiss
okay ma'am, following closely
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Missmossy(f): 11:53am On Aug 06, 2016
Aww such a captivating piece. Thumbs up Bibi.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Frozeen(m): 12:30pm On Aug 06, 2016
I knew i was gonna love this cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 2:44pm On Aug 06, 2016
iAmCharis:
Wow! Life sad

Bibijay123, can I have the complete story exclusively? tongue

Awww. My system crashed. I don't have the complete story cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story / The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! / Oga Landlord 21+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.