Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,779 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 (2451 Views)

Poll: Who proceeds to the next round?

Leeds United: 16% (1 vote)
Liverpool: 83% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Manchester City Vs Manchester United (4 - 1) On 22nd September 2013 / FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leeds United (1 - 0) On 9th January 2011 / Carling Cup: Leeds United Vs Man United (0 - 3) On 20th September 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by mukina2: 12:27am On Sep 22, 2009
Vs

The last time this two teams met, leeds won 4-3 at home.
They are yet to lost a match this season, and have sailed well in this year's carling cup. Albeit this being their first carling cup match with a team from top flight . They are looking to continue their unbeaten record this season. Leigh Bromby has helped fill the gap in central defence so far this season, but the recent recruit from Sheffield United is cup-tied ,Leeds could again be without Portuguese centre-back Rui Marques, who has missed his side's last three games because of a hamstring injury, so Grayson must opt for Naylor or Lubo Michalik to start alongside Patrick Kisnorbo.
Club captain Richard Naylor made his comeback for the reserves last week but is unlikely to start against the Reds.

This could be an easy match for Rafa's men, but with recent troubles in defence lately and the history and rivalry between the two teams, may prove to be a tough one.He is likely to include second-choice goalkeeper Diego Cavalieri, new Greece defender Sotirios Kyrgiakos, Swiss defender Philipp Degen, Italian full-back Andreas Dossena and Holland winger Ryan Babel.here could also be run-outs for youngsters Stephen Darby, Jay Spearing, Martin Kelly and Nathan Eccleston.Ukrainian striker Andriy Voronin and French youngster David Ngog, who scored the winner for the reserves last week against Manchester United, could also start the game. Benitez will rotate his squad with Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres set to be rested.
Daniel Agger could make his first appearance of the season while Fabio Aurelio is also in line to start.
Re: Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by biina: 2:34am On Sep 22, 2009
Leeds are top of L1 and are off to a great start.
Hope Beckford & co can put the reds to the sword at elland road
Re: Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by FBS: 8:15am On Sep 22, 2009
Go Leeds!
Re: Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by Cristalz(f): 8:36am On Sep 22, 2009
This is the game I'll watch. . .looks like it's gon' be tight.
The Arses shouldn't have any problems with West Brom.
Re: Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by BloodShed1: 12:31pm On Sep 22, 2009
Leeds are washed up, they were off to a ''promising start'' last season and look at what happened. They wont be back in the Premiership for at least 10 years.
Re: Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by tocdee(m): 1:20pm On Sep 22, 2009
FBS:

Go Leeds!
biina:

Leeds are top of L1 and are off to a great start.
Hope Beckford & co can put the reds to the sword at elland road

Ahhh. . .Leeds United fans! I really don't care about the silly Carling Cup. Just hope some youngsters and Agger are given a run-out. This cup should be about gearing up future stars.
Re: Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by bgees(m): 3:03pm On Sep 22, 2009
Leeds UTD are very dead!
Re: Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by theviper1: 5:18pm On Sep 22, 2009
what league are Leeds United playing in now, L10 or 12?
Re: Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by shilox(m): 6:25pm On Sep 22, 2009
Leeds united will have their name spelt on their ground: L-1, E-2, E-3, D-4, S-5.

Leeds Utd 0: 5 Liverpool Fc.

WNWA
Re: Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by KennyG6(m): 7:39pm On Sep 22, 2009
10 mins to kick off

Liv XI is:
Cavalieri,
Degen, Carragher, Kyrgiakos, Dossena,

Spearing, Aurelio, Mascherano, Riera,

Babel, Ngog.

Subs: Reina, Gerrard, Torres, Skrtel, Voronin, Plessis, Johnson
Re: Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by Cristalz(f): 7:45pm On Sep 22, 2009
In the formation I just saw, Babel is in the MF and Riera is a lone striker up front with some dude playing directly behind him.

Glad to see Babel start. I hope he shows silly Rafa he is darn good Premiership material.
Re: Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by Cristalz(f): 7:58pm On Sep 22, 2009
Doyle is a cow. Shoulda scored that.
Re: Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by biina: 7:59pm On Sep 22, 2009
dem don start again. Clear Leed's goal disallowed angry
Re: Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by Cristalz(f): 8:01pm On Sep 22, 2009
Liverpool's backline verrry shaky indeed.

That goal shoulda stood IMO.
Re: Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by FBS: 8:02pm On Sep 22, 2009
Go Leeds!
Re: Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by Sauron1: 8:03pm On Sep 22, 2009
Cheese n Rice. . . .

Nothing wrong with that goal at all.
These line assistants are blind and useless.

Oh ma days. . . . . .Carragher is useless.
Re: Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by FBS: 8:06pm On Sep 22, 2009
The last player should have just allowed the ball to go in jeje.
Re: Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by Sauron1: 8:09pm On Sep 22, 2009
FBS:

The last player should have just allowed the ball to go in jeje.

The last player was not OFFside.
The player with the keeper didn't touch the ball. . . . .so the ball came directly from the header.
Ball was already going into the net so i dunno why line assistant wrongly disallowed the goal.
Re: Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by Cristalz(f): 8:11pm On Sep 22, 2009
Selfish Becchio.
What kinda name is Snodgrass? grin
Re: Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by FBS: 8:12pm On Sep 22, 2009
~Sauron~:

The last player was not OFFside.
The player with the keeper didn't touch the ball. . . . .so the ball came directly from the header.
Ball was already going into the net so i dunno why line assistant wrongly disallowed the goal.
1958: Leeds have the ball in the Liverpool net - but it's ruled offside. Lubomir Michalik heads a corner goalwards and Jermaine Beckford flicks it over the line, with Luciano Beccio trying to apply the finishing touch - but one of the two front men is adjudged offside.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8269755.stm
Re: Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by Sauron1: 8:15pm On Sep 22, 2009
FBS:

1958: Leeds have the ball in the Liverpool net - but it's ruled offside. Lubomir Michalik heads a corner goalwards and Jermaine Beckford flicks it over the line, with Luciano Beccio trying to apply the finishing touch - but one of the two front men is adjudged offside.

After several replays. . . . .It appeared Beckford didn't even get a flick. . . . .He attempted to but he missed the ball completely.
Watch the highlights at half-time.
U need to get SKY on HD. grin
Re: Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by jalether(m): 8:19pm On Sep 22, 2009
why no channel dey show chelsea match, then they mad angry
Re: Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by Cristalz(f): 8:20pm On Sep 22, 2009
Liverpool are too porous at the back. Goalie's too shaky.

@jalether
Same reason they are not showing Arsenal's tonight. Annoying.
Re: Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by jalether(m): 8:25pm On Sep 22, 2009
Cristalz:

@jalether
Sme reason they are not showing Arsenal's. Annoying.

Gayners match is highly insignificant abegi cheesy, I'm talking abt the best football club in the world here cool

that goal would ve stood if not for that last player's involvement
Re: Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by Cristalz(f): 8:29pm On Sep 22, 2009
Something's just not right with Liverpool's attack. Riera's getting everything wrong.

@jalether
LOL grin
Chelsea's game would just be a formality anyway. No way QPR would defeat them.
Berra be happy you'll be watching United. grin

What a miss!
Re: Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by FBS: 8:32pm On Sep 22, 2009
~Sauron~:

After several replays. . . . .It appeared Beckford didn't even get a flick. . . . .He attempted to but he missed the ball completely.
Watch the highlights at half-time.
U need to get SKY on HD. grin
And you assume the ref is also watching on HD abi  grin? or maybe the linesmen  are on HD stunners? grin
Not that I have anything against the goal though wink

Me love cup matches but can Leeds maintain this tempo?
Re: Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by jalether(m): 8:34pm On Sep 22, 2009
Cristalz:

Something's just not right with Liverpool's attack. Riera's getting everything wrong.

@jalether
LOL grin
Chelsea's game would just be a formality anyway. No way QPR would defeat them.
Berra be happy you'll be watching United. grin

What a miss!

I ll rather watch kano pillars cheesy
Re: Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by jalether(m): 8:34pm On Sep 22, 2009
It's been a decent first half, no one really stood out for me
Re: Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by Cristalz(f): 8:37pm On Sep 22, 2009
I think Babel should move to the middle. That corner hez hugging ain't bringing out his best abilities.
Riera needs to include a lot more ingenuity to his play.  .  .he should go ask Torres for advice.

Their backline should be horse-whipped, beginning with Carragher.

Yep, I want Liverpool to win. Leeds are cool, and I love the way they are playing but.  .  .Liverpool are always a lot more fun to watch when they play do-or-die games.

@jalether
We both know you'll be watching United at this time tomorrow night. grin
Re: Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by FBS: 8:41pm On Sep 22, 2009
BBC Radio 5 live's Mark Lawrenson: "I'm impressed with Leeds, they've really tried to get the ball down and play. Robert Snodgrass is causing Andrea Dossena all kinds of problems down the Liverpool left - the full-back doesn't know whether it is New York or new year right now."

Re: Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by jalether(m): 8:49pm On Sep 22, 2009
Cristalz:

I think Babel should move to the middle. That corner hez hugging ain't bringing out his best abilities.
Riera needs to include a lot more ingenuity to his play.  .  .he should go ask Torres for advice

Their backline should be horse-whipped, beginning with Carragher.

Yep, I want Liverpool to win. Leeds are cool, and I love the way they are playing but.  .  .Liverpool are always a lot more fun to watch when they play do-or-die games.

Coach crizzle, person wey no sabi you go think say you don win champions lge trophy with real madrid as a coach b4 grin

Cristalz:

@jalether
We both know you'll be watching United at this time tomorrow night. grin

You wish, don't bet your mortgage on it dearie wink
Re: Carling Cup 3rd Round : Leeds United (0) Vs Liverpool (1) ,22nd September 2009 by jalether(m): 8:53pm On Sep 22, 2009
Second half on underway, get in there leeds

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UCL: Man United Vs Marseille [2 - 1] On Tuesday 15th March 2011 / Arsenal Fc Fans Chat Zone / Who Is The Best And Worst Referee In Premiership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.